/* */

PDA

View Full Version : indigo? henna? katam?

AnonymousPoster
08-23-2009, 03:08 AM
Salam

I have questions about hair dye.

First, i know that henna is a red/brown dye that is permissible.

indigo is a darker dye but is it permissible?

And what is katam? is it also a dye? and is it permissible ?

thx

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
08-24-2009, 06:13 PM
bump

Snowflake
08-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Dying hair black is impermissable due to the fact that it gives the false impression of a person's age. However what is not clear is that, if it permissable for those who go prematurely grey, as is the case with lots of young people these days. I'd like to think it's permissable but I can't give fatwa, so best ask a scholar inshaAllah.

Btw, I don't know what khatam is, sorry.

Ramisa
08-24-2009, 09:25 PM
:sl:

I also don't have a scholar view but I know dying with Henna only is permit in Islam as I seen many Muslims dye their beards brown. Best to ask a scholar of Islam (www.askimam.org) about this and insha'Allah it will give you the answer.

I also do not know what a katam is though in Urdu,it means 'finish'.But I'm sure you didn't mean finish.Which language does that word origin from? If you know it may help me in assisting you as I know a bit of almost all main languages(Urdu,Hindi,Chinese, English,French,Punjabi,Persian,Spanish,a bit of japanese and bangli). If Khatam resides in any of these languages please specify which as I may know,Insha'Allah.
:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.