/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadanyat

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

جوري
09-03-2009, 05:59 AM
in my search for the string beans and rice, I find a forum that copy cats this thread lol.. but it is in Arabic and full of recipes and pictures..

http://forum.hawaaworld.com/showthread.php?t=731120

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
09-03-2009, 07:27 AM
I haven't stop eating... :D Just not that interested with food...and the food at home is not that interesting to share with. I thought i can share something from my inlaw's house...it seems that they only poridge...and not interested with food too :hmm:

so sorry ukhtee... :embarrass

جوري
09-03-2009, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
I haven't stop eating... :D Just not that interested with food...and the food at home is not that interesting to share with. I thought i can share something from my inlaw's house...it seems that they only poridge...and not interested with food too :hmm:

so sorry ukhtee... :embarrass

Rofl.. so true the interest in food diminishes.. although I must admit I really enjoy watching exotic dishes & hard for me to imagine bland Malaysian foods.. but I can appreciate the interest dwindling :D

:w:

THE END
09-03-2009, 08:16 AM
First day of ramadan broke my fast with water and dates, prayed magrib and then feasted on a take away i ordered half hour before.

a sheekh Kebab Roll, with chilli sauce and mayonase, and a can of ice cold coke.
finally a nice hot cup of tea.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
09-03-2009, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by THE END
First day of ramadan broke my fast with water and dates, prayed magrib and then feasted on a take away i ordered half hour before.

a sheekh Kebab Roll, with chilli sauce and mayonase, and a can of ice cold coke.
finally a nice hot cup of tea.
and how did teraweeh go after that? :D

THE END
09-03-2009, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
and how did teraweeh go after that? :D
Alhamdulillah.

Had to have a sneaker bar and more cola before the start of taraweeh.

Humbler_359
09-03-2009, 03:40 PM
:sl: sisters,

Your foods are very delicious, I am soooo hungry, why you make me more hungry I can hear my stomach glowing :'(. Could you please mail the foods to my home before fasting tonight, agree?? anyone?

imsad

Najm
09-03-2009, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
have you guys stopped eating now that we're headed for mid Ramadan? :hmm:

lol..

this is what we had today wal7mdllilah

coupled with rice.. a perfect marriage

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

MashaAllah! Your cooking is awesome!! I sooo wanna learn!:embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah

جوري
09-03-2009, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

MashaAllah! Your cooking is awesome!! I sooo wanna learn!:embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah
:sl: akhi

Jazaka Allah khyran, but you know I can't cook :embarrass can't take credit for my mom's cooking either though I'd love too ;D

Jess4491
09-03-2009, 06:27 PM
have you guys stopped eating now that we're headed for mid Ramadan? :hmm:

lol..

this is what we had today wal7mdllilah

coupled with rice.. a perfect marriage

mazah'allah that looks wonderful! :statisfie

جوري
09-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Today we had lentil soup

Beardo
09-04-2009, 12:03 AM
The food posting has got to stop. It's killing me over here. :exhausted

Man. and there's still 2.5 hours left until Iftaar. :(

GuestFellow
09-04-2009, 12:05 AM
^ I feel your pain brother. : P

جوري
09-04-2009, 12:07 AM
too funny.. visit this thread only after your iftar and only to share with us what you have eaten not to eat with your eyes.. the eyes are always bigger than the stomach.. one needs ideas you know the food repeats if you don't share different recipes or ideas..

IslamicRevival
09-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I think this should be moved to the sisters section, You can share your recipes there :p

PS. May Allah SWT reward those who prepare food for their family in this blessed month

Najm
09-04-2009, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
I think this should be moved to the sisters section, You can share your recipes there :p

PS. May Allah SWT reward those who prepare food for their family in this blessed month

No dont move it there, otherwise i wont be able to take the recipe!!

Ameen!!

P.s. i wake up to "heat" food for sehri, does that count? :embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah

GuestFellow
09-04-2009, 12:23 AM
^ Salaam.

I can't cook anything...I cut my hand when trying to cut an apple >_>

جوري
09-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Who likes to cook? I mean seriously who? I don't know how, not sure I have seen many who do, I hate the stench and can't stand playing with fire.. I just like the final product and the presentation...

Beardo
09-04-2009, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
^ Salaam.

I can't cook anything...I cut my hand when trying to cut an apple >_>
o.O I can cut mangos too.

I can make all types of vegatables the desi style, chicken tikka, chicken curry.... omelette...lots of things, alhamdulillah. I love cooking. :D

GuestFellow
09-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Who likes to cook? I mean seriously who? I don't know how, not sure I have seen many who do, I hate the stench and can't stand playing with fire.. I just like the final product and the presentation...
Brother Rashad likes to cook. ; D

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
o.O I can cut mangos too.

I can make all types of vegatables the desi style, chicken tikka, chicken curry.... omelette...lots of things, alhamdulillah. I love cooking. :D
Ah I never going to pick up a knife again. >_>

I like mangos.

جوري
09-04-2009, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Brother Rashad likes to cook. ; D

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I think he wrote that just to spite me? :raging::raging::raging::raging:

Beardo
09-04-2009, 12:59 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I think he wrote that just to spite me? :raging::raging::raging::raging:
lol. We need that devil smiley they have on MSN. :X

I also love baking. I know how to make meat pies, samosas, spring rolls, pakoras... I've baked many cakes and cookies... Yeah.. lol. I love cooking. :X And I love feeding people. :statisfie Not like, puttin the spoon in your mouth. But putting the food in front of you for you to eat. lol..

جوري
09-04-2009, 02:06 AM
What are pakoras?
MashaAllah.. it is actually kind of cute :D I am sure you'll make on young woman a great spouse when the time comes!

cat eyes
09-04-2009, 03:47 AM
well i don't know any girl who dose not like cooking.:raging: haha it actually shocks me but i really love to cook and even love to watch the people who eat my food kinda weird :p
i would actually love that challenge to cook for loads of people during ramadan especially :statisfie

Ramadhan
09-04-2009, 04:01 AM
umm... I like to cook :)

For me it's a rather therapeutic exercise, when I get too stressed out, I cook and it helps to level out my mood.

Najm
09-04-2009, 04:06 AM
What are pakoras?
MashaAllah.. it is actually kind of cute :D I am sure you'll make on young woman a great spouse when the time comes!

Yes this is my only reason, to wanting to cook. I want to show my gratefulness to her! :embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah

جوري
09-04-2009, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

For me it's a rather therapeutic exercise, when I get too stressed out, I cook and it helps to level out my mood.
I like cleaning for its therapeutic effect as well, not cooking..
I like a good industrial strength cleaner/ disinfectant, and at times wish I can use it on people as well as objects.. :shade:

جوري
09-04-2009, 04:21 AM

Yes this is my only reason, to wanting to cook. I want to show my gratefulness to her! :embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah
:sl:

that would be a neat trick.. you cook one really bad poisonous like meal and then you'll be set for life.. I believe my dad did that once where he used sugar on the peas instead of salt.. I think it was the first and last time he attempted to make a meal other than the occasional can of tuna .. :haha: ;D;D;D

I might actually try that myself.. I know it worked before with tea.. I made really bad tea for guests once and was never asked again :D

Ramadhan
09-04-2009, 06:22 AM
[quote=gossamer skye;1215574]i like cleaning for its therapeutic effect as well, not cooking..
I like a good industrial strength cleaner/ disinfectant, and at times wish i can use it on people as well as objects.. :shade:

:w:[/q]

LOL
;D

glo
09-04-2009, 07:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

I agree.
I love cooking, especially 'from scratch' ... the aroma, the colours, the taste, the texture of food is really quite fabulous.
Very calming and therapeutic indeed.

THE END
09-04-2009, 12:51 PM
i dont enjoy cooking myself, but when i do cook alhamdullilah the food does taste good.
:shade:

yesterday yet again i ordered a take way for iftar, broke my fast with a lamb birayni.

glo
09-04-2009, 02:01 PM
^
I love biryani. My hubby makes a mean chicken biryani! :statisfie

IbnAbdulHakim
09-04-2009, 05:22 PM
i am disheartened!

was expecting a picture lol

why do i always check 1 hour before iftar...

cat eyes
09-04-2009, 05:29 PM
i am disheartened!

was expecting a picture lol

why do i always check 1 hour before iftar...
why do you want to watch pictures of food before iftar:statisfie you will not get a bit to overly hungry and fill your belly to much until you get+o(;D its not a good idea

cat eyes
09-04-2009, 05:46 PM
anyway i came to this thread because i am actually running out of what delicious dishes to cook everyday. anyone have any idea's?. with pictures if possible. :statisfie i find it hard to know what to cook an what tastes good.

glo
09-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Is seafood halal?

We had a prawn and chicken paella this evening:

S_87
09-04-2009, 09:10 PM
^^ yes as a general ruling seafood is halal-though there is a difference of opinion as to whether seafood (all) is halal or if just fish is halal...but yeh.

gladTidings
09-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Assalamualikum...

I decided to upload some pictures of my iftars =D. I share the credit with my mum (the best cook in the world) and my sister (fluke-r;)).

Today we had smoked salmon fish cakes that I made for the first time, they were so simple to make and delicious. I also made a salad with a dressing to compliment and a tartare sauce (except I used cucumber instead of gherkins and didnt have any parsley):

My mum made some daal (lentil soup) which is one of my favourite comfort foods, served with garlic bread (although it didnt need it)

For dessert (we are desperately trying to use up all the apples and blackberries from the garden) my sister made this yummy blackberry and apple crumble with custard.

Yesterday we had apple turnover served with creme fraiche...this is one of the leftovers:

gladTidings
09-05-2009, 08:16 PM

For iftar today made some mexican quesadilla's and chimichanga's:D. There not as exotic as they sound, very simple to make and tasty! We also had some shami kebabs:

These are the chimichanga's(lol), there supposed to be deep fried but I baked them with a little bit of olive oil. I made different fillings, theses ones are spinach, chicken and cheese.

These are the chicken tikka quesadillas, filled with chicken tikka pieces, sweetcorn, tomato, coriander and cheese (another one of my inventions):

And for dessert....

Sorry about the rubbish photography!

Rebel
09-05-2009, 08:24 PM
They all look so good, pearl. 3ashat eedkum :D

Please don't follow in Sister Zee's footsteps n start a whole blog on food, though <_<

BlissfullyJaded
09-05-2009, 08:30 PM

Pearl, that's Rebels way of saying you should open your own food blog. ;)

Man, that looks so tasty...

Rebel
09-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I meant what I said <_<

How are you :D? And how's ladybird?

BlissfullyJaded
09-05-2009, 08:38 PM

Oh, fine. But still, go ahead pearl!

Alhamdulillah I'm good, and she's good too. I should get her to post here inshaAllah. Since you're here, she'll more than happy to post pictures of the some niice stuff she and my mom made this Ramadaan. :p

Rebel
09-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Alhamdulillah...

And insha' Allah they'll have you both banned <_<

Why don't you help out in the kitchen? Even I help out :><:...

cat eyes
09-05-2009, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl

For iftar today made some mexican quesadilla's and chimichanga's:D. There not as exotic as they sound, very simple to make and tasty! We also had some shami kebabs:

These are the chimichanga's(lol), there supposed to be deep fried but I baked them with a little bit of olive oil. I made different fillings, theses ones are spinach, chicken and cheese.

These are the chicken tikka quesadillas, filled with chicken tikka pieces, sweetcorn, tomato, coriander and cheese (another one of my inventions):

And for dessert....

Sorry about the rubbish photography!
that looks delicious sis:p an i just love fish yumy

i should try cooking that meself hehe thanx for the upload x

BlissfullyJaded
09-05-2009, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rebel
Alhamdulillah...

And insha' Allah they'll have you both banned <_<

Why don't you help out in the kitchen? Even I help out :><:...
Nobody' would ban either of us. ^o)

And I do help. Occaisionally. :><:

Rebel
09-05-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm a bit of an optimist me :><:

Yeah? How?

I can't believe we're already half way through Ramadhan :exhausted

gladTidings
09-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Lol...a food blog? Im way too lazy for things like that. Thanks for the comments guys =)

zanjabeela
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I've been summoned?
Well, here goes. I need to edit some pics, so be sure that I'll be back ;)

No more mid afternoon snacks, eh? Oh well, Ramadan will be over soon enough :'(

madameBleu's b-day cake <3

Suttharfini, similar to katafi pastry, but the strands are super-thin.

Mmmm coffee milkshake, with veggie-pasta in white sauce in the background. Dad did not like this pic, wanted the milkshake taken alone lol.

Crepes, filled with apricot jam. Mmmm!

Enjoy! :D

I really loved the pictures by sis pearl on the previous (or this?) page MashaAllah, it all looked so delicious! I have to go through the rest of this thread, there are some real gems in here :wub:

جوري
09-05-2009, 11:09 PM
this thread is getting deliciouser and deliciouser..

ah ladiesssssss what are you doing to me.. mmmm

Tony
09-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Iftar at my friends house, 11 kids and two sisters who just love to cook, lots of Algerian fodder, must have had at least 4 different puddings:D

Far7an
09-06-2009, 12:18 AM

Masha'Allaah, the food in this thread looks awesome. I only visit this thread after iftaar to give my wife hints :P.

If I happen to stumble accross it before iftaar, I reassure myself... "It probably doesn't taste as good as it looks!"

gladTidings
09-06-2009, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zanjabeela

Enjoy! :D

I really loved the pictures by sis pearl on the previous (or this?) page MashaAllah, it all looked so delicious! I have to go through the rest of this thread, there are some real gems in here :wub:

Salaam sis...that cake looks awesome...or should I say looked:p, unless you saved me a piece =). JazakAllah khair for sharing your pictures...looking forward to see more.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-06-2009, 04:33 PM
today we're feeding 40+ people :uuh:

at least we'll have a huge maghrib jammat :D

Cabdullahi
09-06-2009, 04:43 PM
loqmat qadhi......samosas......dates and gahwa

Nájlá
09-06-2009, 05:24 PM
lol I've always wondered what loqmat qadhi is... the name sounds funny.

madameBleu's b-day cake <3
And why didn't you save me some peice? :><: I never got no b-day cake imsad

gladTidings
09-06-2009, 05:45 PM
today we're feeding 40+ people :uuh:

at least we'll have a huge maghrib jammat :D
You'll have to take some pictures to share with us!!
Ive just made some vegetable moussaka and will do the rice later. Alhamdullilah I have some time to rest/do some praying.

Ws

Najm
09-06-2009, 05:51 PM

We had a gathering of 30 yday, the food was great. But i didnt enjoy the gathering :(

FiAmaaniAllah

S_87
09-06-2009, 05:52 PM
ooh that b'day cake..whats the two different icings? all this food looks lovely

sis pearl that plate of food looks GOOD, think im gonna try the chicken/cheese coriander mix :p

today i went and got a few desserts so tonight theres blackberry cheesecake, eclairs, and pastry filled with cream and fruit and some fruit tart. and i got this ice cream swiss roll thingy for tomorrow i guess :? yeh shopping in ramadhan isnt the best idea :hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
09-06-2009, 05:54 PM

We had a gathering of 30 yday, the food was great. But i didnt enjoy the gathering :(

FiAmaaniAllah
i prefer small gatherings too.

but its not always bad, we had a lil feast of fruits after teraweeh yesterday at the masjid, there was tons of people n it felt like a family occasion

its nice at times :)

glo
09-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Today I had falafels and salsa in pittas ...

...followed by bread and butter pudding (the most frugal puddings of all!)

Najm
09-06-2009, 08:14 PM
i prefer small gatherings too.

but its not always bad, we had a lil feast of fruits after teraweeh yesterday at the masjid, there was tons of people n it felt like a family occasion

its nice at times :)

Oh no, dont get me wrong, I enjoy the bigger gatherings! Not that i talk much lol, i listen a lot. But at gatherings the hijab is not observed. There be free mixing etcetra etcetra.

So the one we had, yday, the men sat on thier table and the woman and chilrend sat at the opposite end of the room at their own table... .... that could have been done better, i.e men and woman having seperate rooms.

Also some of the men "prefer" to eat and then pray, while others pray then eat. Which cause an issue!!:hmm:

How did your wedding go today??

FiAmaaniAllah

gladTidings
09-06-2009, 08:22 PM

Todays iftar:

Vegetable moussaka served with rice

I dont think I left it in the oven long enough :hmm: so the texture wasnt as thick as it was supposed to be but it was still de-lishh.

The neighbours sent some chicken biryani and meat kebabs with a delicious garnish (im going to try and get the recipe for it)

For dessert, fruit salad served with greek yoghurt:

You can see the hand made eid cards in progress in the background

Pk_#2
09-06-2009, 08:44 PM
So how did you spend your first day of Ramadan? and what did you break your fast on?
Not well.. =(

Mmm these pictures making me hungry. =)

P.s. what does Islam say about the weak person fasting? Is it allowed? Because I get told off even if I attempt to fast... :hmm:

cat eyes
09-06-2009, 10:19 PM
food looks delicious :p but i bet you guys have your mumies cooking for yous:Evil: i bet yous couldn't cook an egg for yourselves you spoiled brats:raging: :laugh:

No More mumy dady people on this thread anymore;D

now please upload picture's you cooked for yourselves for once! :enough!:

gladTidings
09-06-2009, 10:39 PM
^ most of the stuff I've made myself Alhamdullilah. I admit though my photography skills are rubbish:$, my sister took the best pictures.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-06-2009, 10:41 PM

Oh no, dont get me wrong, I enjoy the bigger gatherings! Not that i talk much lol, i listen a lot. But at gatherings the hijab is not observed. There be free mixing etcetra etcetra.

what the... not at any masjid i go to ! sisters are always out of sight alhamdulillaah ! its as though they arent even there :D

How did your wedding go today??

FiAmaaniAllah
it was very transparant almost as though it never happened.

funny huh :p

IbnAbdulHakim
09-06-2009, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
P.s. what does Islam say about the weak person fasting? Is it allowed? Because I get told off even if I attempt to fast... :hmm:
one of my mama's got a diabetes problem where his sugar level keeps increasing and decreasing randomly at unexpected rates which causes huge issues with his keeping fast. So he makes the intention everyday, keeps it as much as he can and breaks it when he passes out (although he is completely exempt according to local alims). So far he has managed only one fast completely, may Allah have mercy upon him

Assalamu Alaikum

cat eyes
09-06-2009, 10:51 PM
^ most of the stuff I've made myself Alhamdullilah. I admit though my photography skills are rubbish:$, my sister took the best pictures.
awww alhamdulilah sis.. you must be the first here to say you cooked for yourself.. very nice indeed! i think the picture's are great. i don't suppose i could drop around to your place could i:?:'(

جوري
09-07-2009, 01:58 AM
We had a discussion about Miso soups here, the other day and I couldn't wait to receive mine, only I was deeply disappointed to find out that they are all preserved in alcohol... are you Miso lovers aware of this? I had to give the box away, and did some research today to find this blog about Muslim women in Japan..

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Miso soup

Few weeks ago, my husband saw his friend buying Miso paste (a fermented soybean paste originating in Japan). Since we are here in Japan, we have never tried miso soup, so he asked me if I want to try. My answer was NO, NO, NO!!!
But after searching about the health benefits of Miso paste, I changed my mind. This is what I have found:
  • Because Miso is fermented with a B12-synthesizing bacteria, miso has been commonly recommended as a B12 source for vegans.
  • Miso is quite high in sodium (1 ounce contains 52% of the recommended daily value for sodium), but a little miso goes a long way towards providing your daily needs for the trace minerals zinc, manganese, and copper.
  • A single tablespoon of miso contains 2 grams of protein for just 25 calories. An impressive nutrient profile for a flavoring agent!
  • Miso's Minerals Support Immune Function, Energy Production, Bones and Blood Vessels
  • Protection Against Breast Cancer

After knowing all these benefits, no way I can say no to Miso.

The Miso I am using is called 純正こうじみ そ (jyunsei-kouji-miso). This one is Halal, it contains only soybean, rice, and salt. As you see, no preservatives or additives which means more healthy (BTW, I am trying to avoid eating products that contain long term harmful additives).

http://tsumrawomen.blogspot.com/2008/02/miso-soup.html

alcurad
09-07-2009, 02:23 AM
^thanks for that.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-07-2009, 05:01 AM
last night we had kafta which looks something like this and you serve it with rice
http://www.aburasheed.com/Images/kafta_buffet.jpg

with tabbooleh which looks something like this
http://www.fistfuloflentils.com/Webs...ad_Tabooli.jpg

gladTidings
09-07-2009, 08:03 PM

Today I made a tomato and vegetable soup for starters and then I had yesterday's leftovers.

And abit of this:nervous:

For dessert we had some chocolate mouse and raspberry swiss roll /fruit.

Hmm sis skye, first time Ive heard of this Miso soup, I wonder if the malaysians have a halal alternative:)? I miss my malaysian housemate cooking weird and wonderful dishes for me. Although I find malaysian desserts to be on another taste bud level - one that doesnt quite agree with me:X Where are the malaysian members hiding this year?

جوري
09-07-2009, 08:36 PM

And abit of this:nervous:

For dessert we had some chocolate mouse and raspberry swiss roll /fruit.

Hmm sis skye, first time Ive heard of this Miso soup, I wonder if the malaysians have a halal alternative:)? I miss my malaysian housemate cooking weird and wonderful dishes for me. Although I find malaysian desserts to be on another taste bud level - one that doesnt quite agree with me:X Where are the malaysian members hiding this year?

Firstly, that dish looks positively scrumptious, I am going to have to cite and ticket you for it.. Do you have a license to eat that? :D

lol.. I know the Malaysians seem to be hiding.. and I am dying to try Miso now that it is forbidden...
It was funny yesterday sorting through the comments of Muslims trying foods in Japan, and some people made snide comments.. One Japanese guy came up with such a brilliant statement I might just use it sometime..

He was commenting on how the forumers were abusing Muslims over the 'little alcohol' in Miso, by saying, 'would you drink a gallon of milk if I told you that there was one micro-liter of urine in it?' then Said, Muslims treat their bodies like a temple, they watch everything that goes in it.. I was rightly impressed with what he wrote.. I wonder if he were a convert? but I doubt it.. at least didn't appear to be from his food choices...

Anyhow, yes I think Malaysian food would confuse my taste buds.. there was a treat her a few pages back, that I couldn't dream up its ingredients under intoxicate influence.. I wonder if it is a result of trial and error or passed down through generations..

Whatever the case, they are certainly not boring or bland :p

gladTidings
09-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Firstly, that dish looks positively scrumptious, I am going to have to cite and ticket you for it.. Do you have a license to eat that? :D

lol.. I know the Malaysians seem to be hiding.. and I am dying to try Miso now that it is forbidden...
It was funny yesterday sorting through the comments of Muslims trying foods in Japan, and some people made snide comments.. One Japanese guy came up with such a brilliant statement I might just use it sometime..

He was commenting on how the forumers were abusing Muslims over the 'little alcohol' in Miso, by saying, 'would you drink a gallon of milk if I told you that there was one micro-liter of urine in it?' then Said, Muslims treat their bodies like a temple, they watch everything that goes in it.. I was rightly impressed with what he wrote.. I wonder if he were a convert? but I doubt it.. at least didn't appear to be from his food choices...

Anyhow, yes I think Malaysian food would confuse my taste buds.. there was a treat her a few pages back, that I couldn't dream up its ingredients under intoxicate influence.. I wonder if it is a result of trial and error or passed down through generations..

Whatever the case, they are certainly not boring or bland :p

Lol ramadhan is like my license to eat anything I want:D

I have to say thats an excellent way of describing the importance of keeping haraam out of our systems. Eating haraam has an impact on both our physical and spiritual life as muslims, so even the micro-litre is worth abandoning something for.

Lol and the malaysian food.. I wonder too, anybody want to enlighten us?

Najm
09-07-2009, 10:31 PM
what the... not at any masjid i go to ! sisters are always out of sight alhamdulillaah ! its as though they arent even there :D

it was very transparant almost as though it never happened.

funny huh :p

SubhaanAllah what was i thinking? I meant to say how did iftar go at the gathering?

p.s. i was on about gatherings at home, the hijab aint observed!

FiAmaaniAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
09-07-2009, 10:45 PM

p.s. i was on about gatherings at home, the hijab aint observed!

FiAmaaniAllah
in our home it always always is :).

all ladies upstairs in the master bedroom. my sisters in the kitchen - and if they need us they simply go to the hallway and give us a shout so we can serve the guests ! the men usually take the living room.

it always works out smoothly :D

Najm
09-07-2009, 10:48 PM
in our home it always always is :).

all ladies upstairs in the master bedroom. my sisters in the kitchen - and if they need us they simply go to the hallway and give us a shout so we can serve the guests ! the men usually take the living room.

it always works out smoothly :D

MashaAllah! InshaAllah we all can understand and implement that :)

P.s CHOCOLATE MOUSSSE???? I WANT SOME NOW!!! :embarrass please

FiAmaaniAllah

جوري
09-07-2009, 11:02 PM
we are having this in 16 mins insha'Allah

since I don't like kofta and it tastes rubbery to me, in all likelihood, I'll have myself a cup o noodles

Najm
09-07-2009, 11:07 PM
we are having this in 16 mins insha'Allah

since I don't like kofta and it tastes rubbery to me, in all likelihood, I'll have myself a cup o noodles

SubhaanAllah! :statisfie This looks amazing! Wow you always have late iftar! Make dua before you do eat!

FiAmaaniAllah

BlissfullyJaded
09-07-2009, 11:09 PM

I think I'll come over, and have noodles with you. I could eat noodles every day if my mom would let me. :><:

GuestFellow
09-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I wonder what it is like to use chopsticks... =/

syilla
09-08-2009, 03:31 AM
i love noodles...especially spicy ones :D

Last weekends i made this...

Walnut carrot cake top with cream cheese orang flavour... :D

and ayam pandan (marinated pieces chicken with the bone wrap with pandanous leaves)

جوري
09-08-2009, 04:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

I think I'll come over, and have noodles with you. I could eat noodles every day if my mom would let me. :><:
Bring cake with you :p

جوري
09-08-2009, 04:11 AM
i love noodles...especially spicy ones :D
One time back in grad school, my roomate who is Indian, made me these really hot noodles apparently endorsed by one of their bollywood stars.. well all night I had horrible dreams about hell and I was such pain from the heartburn, I woke up and took 6 antacids tablets none which alleviated my my fires, and I looked at her, and she was up ;D;D;D;D she told me her instinct told her to wake because she felt I might kill her .. how right she was..

I don't know how people handle spicy food.. but I admire from afar...

syilla
09-08-2009, 04:32 AM
:D... thats funny... but you must have had the worst night :hiding:

this is one of the famous noodle in Malaysia :D

جوري
09-08-2009, 04:54 AM
:D... thats funny... but you must have had the worst night :hiding:

this is one of the famous noodle in Malaysia :D

it looks so pretty.. is that mint and hot pepper in there :nervous:

syilla
09-08-2009, 04:59 AM
it looks so pretty.. is that mint and hot pepper in there :nervous:

yup...thats mint leaves but not hot pepper. It is the red chillies...

جوري
09-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Toasted french bread with cream cheese day..

coupled with frozen coffee

GuestFellow
09-08-2009, 11:16 PM
yup...thats mint leaves but not hot pepper. It is the red chillies...

My aunt force feeds her children green chillies if they swear.... :skeleton:

glo
09-09-2009, 06:35 AM
I am really enjoying this thread. :)

Living in a community with Pakistani Muslims, seeing the produce in their local shops and smelling the wonderful cooking smells coming from their homes, I have always assumed that Muslims eat largely 'spicy Indian-type food' (Indian-type as in what one would order in an Indian rstaurant)

Now I see that you all break your fasts with all kinds of foods, and many not much different from what I would eat.

I find myself stopping what I am doing round about 8pm, and wondering what people may be eating! :)

S_87
09-09-2009, 11:09 AM
^^^ oh that reminds me of when i used to come home from school when ramadhan was in winter and just as you got home it was breaking fast time. the street was filled with GOOD smells lol.

Skye that looks so good :hiding:

glo
09-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Chilli con carne

Followed by a mango smoothie

- IqRa -
09-09-2009, 02:16 PM
^ You fasted glo?

THE END
09-09-2009, 02:46 PM
tonight i fancy a chicken hotwing meal from my favourite fried chicken takeaway-

getimagephp?image id218 -

wash it down with a tall glass of ice called coke-

just under 4 hours before iftar :)

syilla
09-10-2009, 01:40 AM
^^^ owh you remind me of tandoori...and dip in the green sauce :D

جوري
09-10-2009, 01:45 AM
^^^^^^^^^ very nice..

we had tilapia but with french fries instead of rice..

Jess4491
09-10-2009, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
^
I love biryani. My hubby makes a mean chicken biryani! :statisfie
You cant beat a biryani :)

alcurad
09-10-2009, 12:34 PM
a government poster

Cabdullahi
09-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Chilli con carne

Followed by a mango smoothie

it looks like your mango smoothie has few house flies floating in em

glo
09-10-2009, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
it looks like your mango smoothie has few house flies floating in em
Extra protein! :D

Cabdullahi
09-10-2009, 02:46 PM
^... haha!

Sister_Zee
09-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Salaam,

Wow I miss this thread, you put a lot of things in a week! That looks like a passion fruit smoothie :D you’ll get those seeds in it.

Please don't follow in Sister Zee's footsteps n start a whole blog on food, though
I read that! <_< Pearl take a photo of everything and put it here for Rebel or maybe I’ll just put mine here :p

We had today:

Steak with mushrooms, ravioli and tomatoes, beetroot soup and desert lemon delicious (I’ll put the photo later)

Ansariyah
09-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I dont usually feel like takin pics, todayi was in the mood..

Borek wit pistache/double cream:

main'course..stra8 outa the pan!

Rice, wit raisins, + greek salad

Apple pie wit almonds on tops..(can u tell I have a sweet tooth).

thats it for now, ...*exhausted* pheeew.:p:

جوري
09-10-2009, 10:30 PM
^^ looks yummy masha'Allah.. 'se7tein'

we're having spinach & cheese pastry today insha'Allah..

Pk_#2
09-10-2009, 10:37 PM

Why does that look like too much for one person?

If that was placed on my plate, I'd probs just eat the pastry on the top, the rest looks too healthy :hmm:

Najm
09-10-2009, 10:40 PM

SubhaanAllah, you a great cook!! I wonder if its as good as my eye meets?

Donr forget to make dua before breaking you fast, for all the provisions Allah has given us.
:statisfie
FiAmaaniAllah

جوري
09-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Why does that look like too much for one person?

If that was placed on my plate, I'd probs just eat the pastry on the top, the rest looks too healthy :hmm:
Rofl..

SubhaanAllah, you a great cook!! I wonder if its as good as my eye meets?

Donr forget to make dua before breaking you fast, for all the provisions Allah has given us.
FiAmaaniAllah
Jazaka Allah khyran akhi (you know I don't cook :phew:hmm:) but it pleases me how you always expect the best from me, I might have to take up cooking just to live up to your expectations ;D

Insha'Allah, I'll make du3a.. pls also make du3a for me..

baraka Allah feekoum

syilla
09-11-2009, 01:33 AM
^^^ i think your mother is a greattttttt cook...thats why you afraid to cook afraid that you'll not be up to her expectation. Otherwise...you probably be a better cook than me :D

جوري
09-11-2009, 01:40 AM
^^^ i think your mother is a greattttttt cook...thats why you afraid to cook afraid that you'll not be up to her expectation. Otherwise...you probably be a better cook than me :D
I'll tell her you said that, it will please her..:D

I am not a better cook than anyone.. I just really don't enjoy it, I cooked from the recipe book when she was away, I always felt miserable and never ate what I cooked.. I like cleaning when I am stressed but doing the laundry is probably my favorite past time, and I have been known to go to the 24 market to get detergent in one of my fits.. where I wash and dry then start over with stuff previously washed and dried.. it smells amazing and really relaxing.. I don't see myself getting the same kick with oil and onions..

cooking is the anti cleaning .. a complete paradox :raging::raging::raging::raging: -------:D------:embarrass--------:shade:----------:nervous:

syilla
09-11-2009, 01:50 AM
^^^lol if you have a mother who is a great cook... of course you can say you hate cooking. Lets see if you have to live surrounding with the worst cook. That probably can change your mind about cooking :p :D

glo
09-11-2009, 06:17 AM

Ohhhh ... just look at that pastry!!
Is it home made?

جوري
09-11-2009, 06:25 AM
It is google made..

but my mom uses this:

glo
09-11-2009, 06:39 AM
I love filo pastry.
I made it myself once, but it's hugely time consuming - so I would recommend buying it ready-made too.

Sadly - like all pastries - it is full of fat, so not exactly healthy ... imsad

But it tastes fantastic!! :statisfie

glo
09-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Tonight we are having summer pudding.

I made it last night, because it needs chilling and weighing down overnight.
It's my first ever, so I hope it turns out okay.

It's another great recipe for using up stale left-over bread. Here's the recipe.

Pk_#2
09-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Rofl..

Popeye's a G! ;D

You all eat nice food for iftaaaarr! So u bes all invite me round and make me fat :p

Cabdullahi
09-11-2009, 02:22 PM
the people who cook this stuff should not post anymore pictures unless they're willing to post abit of the gourmet food through mail so i can stick it in the microwave
i will provide the address just remember ''sadaqah'' :(

Najm
09-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Popeye's a G! ;D

You all eat nice food for iftaaaarr! So u bes all invite me round and make me fat :p

You are! After 21 though!:embarrass

I never seen so much range is food before, although fruits have a much wider range :p

FiAmaaniAllah

Tony
09-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Pictures of food are killing me !! At my new job there is a person who has an obsession, this obsession is to follow staff members around with a magazine and point to pictures of food. As the new boy he has been at my side for two days with a marks and spencers and a morrisons food catalogue !!! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hungry:D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
that summer fruit cake of Glo's looked like a huge purple bug dressed up with food ;D

im sure it tasted nice tho!

TODAY FOR IFTAR - yesterdays left overs :D

gladTidings
09-11-2009, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
Pictures of food are killing me !! At my new job there is a person who has an obsession, this obsession is to follow staff members around with a magazine and point to pictures of food. As the new boy he has been at my side for two days with a marks and spencers and a morrisons food catalogue !!! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hungry:D
LOL. Seems like your being tested. I was really really thirsty earlier but SubhanAllah how can we be grateful without experiencing what we're missing out on. Makes the reward all the more sweeter.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-11-2009, 05:24 PM
advice to anyone thats hungry/tired - nap and take a walk/jog

it helps a looot mashAllah

Tony
09-11-2009, 05:30 PM

Good advice, tho I prefer to go in garden and chop wood etc, keeps metabolism going and staves off hunger, while killing time

جوري
09-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I think if you cook you'll lose your appetite?

It is 2:59 here a good four hours left, but my mom made this for today insha'Allah

cauliflower with meat.. any fans of cauliflower on board?.. my sister in law loves it, I have always found it odd and peculiar smelling ...

Rebel
09-11-2009, 07:20 PM
^ I absolutely love cauliflower n that's one of my favourite dishes. bil 3afiyah :D

Should get the missus to make me some tomorrow :><:

glo, that pudding looks awful

ladybird, sorry I'm late...

Actually, I'm glad I am <_<

That cake

My birthday's coming up soon... so... :><:

I read that!
Well? Are you gonna get rid of your blog now <_<?

suffiyan007
09-11-2009, 09:20 PM
i open fast with some malaysian cuisine...like kuih... the malaysian delicacy...
and i ate nasi lemak,nasi kerabu, murtabak,roti john..drinking flower tea...with ice, fruit juice and etc...hahha...... :D

nice nasi lemak yummy...mmmmmmmmmmm!:shade:

very delicious...

glo
09-12-2009, 12:27 PM
that summer fruit cake of Glo's looked like a huge purple bug dressed up with food ;D
Hey, stop dissing my pudding!
It was very tasty and very healthy!! :p

جوري
09-13-2009, 03:22 AM
^^^ have to agree, soggy stale bread and boggy fruits doesn't sound appetizing imsad

anyhow.. we had halal

which I recommend scarcely because of all the nitrates.. plus lentil soup and fava beans and baked potatoes.. basically all the left overs and light sandwiches.. but my God did I have the best cup o coffee mmmmm

Tony
09-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Feel I should defend Glos pudding, b n b pud is a great way to use up bread even if gone a bit hard. Thing of the past now but my Mum used to make it alot and its really nice

جوري
09-13-2009, 10:19 AM

Tony
09-13-2009, 10:21 AM
^^^???lol:D

جوري
09-13-2009, 10:23 AM
I have so much caffeine in my system that I am either very wise or lost it completely..

but doesn't true genius come with a dash of madness, or even a whole lotta of madness?

bwahahahaha

Tony
09-13-2009, 10:26 AM
lol. I had sucuk and eggs last night then beef suasages and this Turkish lentil dish then shreddies and hazelnut coffee. mmMMMMmm mmmMMmmmmm

glo
09-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Feel I should defend Glos pudding, b n b pud is a great way to use up bread even if gone a bit hard. Thing of the past now but my Mum used to make it alot and its really nice
You and your mum are my heros, Tony! :D

I am having a frugal phase - so nothing gets wasted in my house. (Bring back the fifties, I say! :))

Sister_Zee
09-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Skye that spinach pastry looked great! :D

What is wrong with the pudding glo put? That is how it is supposed to look like :P I could never do it because we don’t have many of the berries here. Don’t mind them sis glo they are jealous they can’t do it. ;D

Well? Are you gonna get rid of your blog now ?
Trouble maker <_< , my blog is still in its early life and insha’Allah a long life it is :P Why are you bothered by it anyway, it is an innocent blog :shade:

We had shish taouk with potatoes.

Sister_Zee
09-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Here is the lemon delicious rebel :P , I must say it is one unique dessert haven't tasted like it.

جوري
09-14-2009, 03:12 AM
we had black eyed peas with rice

and rotisserie chicken

wal7dlillah

followed by tea and sponge cake...

Cabdullahi
09-14-2009, 03:29 PM
fatamuus.....a variation of the indian chapati mashed with banana adding sugar and sesame oil

i had it and its nice......somali/yemeni dish

Pk_#2
09-15-2009, 06:09 AM
fatamuus.....a variation of the indian chapati mashed with banana adding sugar and sesame oil

i had it and its nice......somali/yemeni dish
That does NOT sound appetising, banana in a chapatti :hmm:

You need to have Ribena for iftaaaar withhhhhhhh some sugar and crisps, yummmmmeh!

And Najm, how could you not invite me for iftar? *gutted* imsad

Rabi'ya
09-15-2009, 11:34 AM

im making this http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6...acon-and-basil im making it now coz my brother phoned to say he wants lunch lol. hes non-muslim so im cooking early. normally dont cook til just before iftar. takes up too much time and leaves me feeling hungry

oh btw, no bacon, obviously lol

Danah
09-15-2009, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister_Zee
Ohhh shish taouk??

one of my fav dishes but it has to be without Mayonnaise, I don't know why people are so crazy about Mayonnaise <_< so fatty and unhealthy :hmm:

Cabdullahi
09-15-2009, 11:46 AM
best mayonnaise has to be hellmans

Rabi'ya
09-15-2009, 11:47 AM
I love mayonnaise!!! its is very fattening, but worth it. yumyum!!

Danah
09-15-2009, 11:55 AM
I even feel disgusting when I smell it!!!
subhanAllah u guys can eat it so easy !!

I remember after I knew how they make it and what is its ingredients I hate it even more

glo
09-15-2009, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

im making this http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6...acon-and-basil im making it now coz my brother phoned to say he wants lunch lol. hes non-muslim so im cooking early. normally dont cook til just before iftar. takes up too much time and leaves me feeling hungry

oh btw, no bacon, obviously lol
How sweet of you to cook a special lunch for your brother.
Did he come and spend some time with you??
I hope you had a good time together! :statisfie

BTW, avocado are one of my favourite foods.

Cabdullahi
09-15-2009, 04:59 PM
^ avacado is green though and greens are yuk, they're actually good for you and i've learned that alhamdulilah

Ansariyah
09-15-2009, 05:11 PM

but how can anyone nap wen they're fasting? u know how they say that babies cant sleep wit an empty stomach..its true.

Rebel
09-15-2009, 07:20 PM
soggy stale bread and boggy fruits doesn't sound appetizing
That's exactly what I meant, glo :X

And fruits n bread just don't go together.

And before someone brings up jam... no, I don't like that either <_<

Why are you bothered by it anyway
I'm just jealous imsad

bil 3afiyah <_<

a variation of the indian chapati mashed with banana adding sugar and sesame oil
That sounds awful too :hmm:

جوري
09-16-2009, 02:39 AM

we had this gumbo (okra with meat) with crispy pita bread..

Ramadhan
09-16-2009, 09:49 AM
These are what I had for iftar last night in a food court in a mall in Jakarta (I took these pics myself):

this is what we call "Gado-gado" (literally means "mix of things"), which is mix of softboiled eggs, steamed vegetables (spinach, beansprouts, cabbages, potatoes, long beans), fresh veggies (cucumber), steamed tofu, and poured with cooked peanut sauce (made of toasted peanuts, sweet thickened soy sauce, garlic, shallots, palm sugar, coconut milk, lime leaves, lemongrass), then topped with fried shallots and fried prawn crackers and "belinjo" crackers.

This is "Soto Ayam", a very nourishing chicken noodle soup.
It is made of: boiled chicken with lemon grass and lime leaves, soft boiled eggs, glass noodles, mashed fried shrimps, grain peppers, garlic, shallots, powdered galangal, turmeric (which causes the yellow color), shallots stalks, lemongrass, ginger, lime.

Soto ayam and gado-gado are among the most popular Indonesian food, and they are my favourites too! :)

Najm
09-16-2009, 08:01 PM

VVV Wow i love that plate design!! Skye's thread is the best mashaAllah!!

FiAmaaniAllah

alcurad
09-16-2009, 08:05 PM
the second one looks delicious.

does anyone know how to cook dahi bare?

S_87
09-16-2009, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
the second one looks delicious.

does anyone know how to cook dahi bare?
just confirming: a dumplingy thing in a yoghurt kinda sauce?

alcurad
09-16-2009, 08:34 PM
rather one of the most delicious things if you haven't eaten it in a long time, and yes, yoghurt with a thingy in it ;)

Hayaa
09-16-2009, 08:55 PM

Dunno if this reliable, but looks like a good recipe to me.

http://www.diwalicelebrations.net/di...da-recipe.html :ermm:

DigitalStorm82
09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
I just like to remind everyone that at Iftar time we return to our blessed lives and we dine lavishly.

Our Muslims brothers and sisters around the world break their fast with water and if they are lucky they may have a date or two.

Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) said, "The food for two persons is sufficient for three, and the food of three persons is sufficient for four persons." He also said that, "the believer must fill his stomach with one third water, one third air and one third food (Sahih Bukhari)."

جوري
09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Very true br. Storm.
Jazaka Allah khyran for the reminder

Tony
09-17-2009, 09:32 PM
fish,onions,some herbs and lemon, baked in oven with chickpeas, rice and salad. Followed by cream cake and ice cream. Definatley my favourite iftar of all Ramadhaan

جوري
09-17-2009, 09:42 PM
visual aid tony, visual aid helps you know lol..

we are having this insha'Allah

called مسقعة الباذنجان

IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2009, 06:11 PM
^ WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

dunno what im going to have in exactly 2 minutes lol.

its going to be a surprise :D

glo
09-18-2009, 06:18 PM
^ WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

dunno what im going to have in exactly 2 minutes lol.

its going to be a surprise :D
Enjoy your iftar meal ... and don't forget to take your camera to take a picture for this thread! :D

sister herb
09-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Enjoy your iftar meal ... and don't forget to take your camera to take a picture for this thread! :D

We all hope that also you, dear sister GLO will some day enjoy iftar with us.

:D

THE END
09-18-2009, 08:10 PM
i broke my fast with junk food again :(, could not asked to cook today.

Quarter Pounder with cheeze french fries and coke.

While i was paying for my food in the restaurent the brother asked if i was fasting i said yes, so he gave me a free chicken birayni with my food.
alhamdullilah

some pcitures for you guys

chicken birayni

cat eyes
09-18-2009, 08:45 PM
brother_ the End
Do you always eat take aways you must be a real fatty yeah:giggling:

S_87
09-18-2009, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
rather one of the most delicious things if you haven't eaten it in a long time, and yes, yoghurt with a thingy in it ;)
yes indeedo it tastes good expecially on a hot day. never actually made but will one day soon inshaAllah

that burger looks so fattening :O

THE END
09-18-2009, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
brother_ the End
oh you have noticed.
LOL- alhamdulillah i am healthy, look after myself quite well, and hour on the treadmill every day.

this ramadan i am away from my family due to work reasons, so i am missing mums healhy home cook meal. after a hard day at work just cant be asked to cook some days, so i just go to my local take away, the scent from the restaurent compells me walk in, like a moth to a flame.

cat eyes
09-18-2009, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by THE END
oh you have noticed.
LOL- alhamdulillah i am healthy, look after myself quite well, and hour on the treadmill every day.

this ramadan i am away from my family due to work reasons, so i am missing mums healhy home cook meal. after a hard day at work just cant be asked to cook some days, so i just go to my local take away, the scent from the restaurent compells me walk in, like a moth to a flame.
ok just go easy on the fatty foods everyday:) i was thinking this brother must be really fat reading over the thread lol:giggling:;D i don't think i would be able to do that id just get sick +o( i have a big love for chicken salad burgers with loads of cheese :pbut id only be able to eat them 3times a month. my body just can't take anymore. pretty amazing how your body warns you to go easy

Tony
09-19-2009, 10:43 AM
brother_ the End

Wow sister, you could use your subtlety to break concrete.:Dlol

Cabdullahi
09-19-2009, 01:54 PM
brother_ the End

takeaway is better than what you w......

im going to stop right there! dont wanna upset the chatterbox species

Najm
09-19-2009, 09:14 PM

I have enjoyed this thread soo much, i wonder if this thread will dissapear? imsad If so will Skye finally give up making food? :embarrass

Eid Mubarak!!

FiAmaaniAllah

جوري
09-19-2009, 09:22 PM

I have enjoyed this thread soo much, i wonder if this thread will dissapear? imsad If so will Skye finally give up making food? :embarrass

Eid Mubarak!!

FiAmaaniAllah
lol. br. Najm.. so long as there will be Ramadan, there will be Ramadanyat.. I am sure it will return next year, unless folks want to share their Eid foods, and call it Eidyat, although technically in my language 'Eidyat' means the money you give out to kids...

I did love your unwavering belief that I was making food all along :p
although, due to the unfortunate event of my uncle's passing, my mom might go overseas to console my aunt and cousin for their loss and I might just have to go back to my 'Jambalaya' concoctions :hmm:

Eid Mubarak insha'Allah

Cabdullahi
09-19-2009, 09:28 PM
lets make a thread about eid desserts and sweets....we wanna see images of bas busa being far away from tasting one :(

Hayaa
09-19-2009, 10:11 PM
I've been wondering, what's the "yat" for in "Ramadanyat"?

جوري
09-19-2009, 10:17 PM
رمضانيات /Ramadanyat I am not sure you can find it in any dictionary, but it is meant to denote, things you do daily during the month of Ramadan...:embarrass

and Allah swt knows best

جوري
09-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I typed it in Arabic and got this really cool page..

http://www.ramadan.ws/

جوري
09-19-2009, 10:19 PM
last pix of this thread...kid with fanoos ;D

Cabdullahi
09-19-2009, 10:25 PM
instead of fainoos we had revolver's filled with barood having shootouts till maghrib

cat eyes
09-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Wow sister, you could use your subtlety to break concrete.:Dlol
haha:D really but thats kinda insult for me:'(

Tony
09-19-2009, 11:39 PM
haha:D really but thats kinda insult for me:'(
please dont take as an insult your honesty is refreshing, and I was only poking fun. Eid mubarak sister:D

Danah
09-20-2009, 12:57 AM
visual aid tony, visual aid helps you know lol..

we are having this insha'Allah

called مسقعة الباذنجان

Was it u who took that pic Skye?
I dunno it looks soo oily from the bottom.....this is the main reason why I am not a big fan of the "مسقعة " it made me feel +o( after finishing my plate...but above all....its a yummy one I cant just stop myself from trying a little bit of it even though I know that I will regret later lol

جوري
09-20-2009, 01:16 AM
No, I googled it...:D

Muhaba
09-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Wow I can't believe Ramadan is finished already!

Eid Mubarak everyone!

Sister_Zee
09-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Salam

I'm just jealous
I remember you do good food also, so be a chef and post :D :p

Allah 3afeek

Hey this thread is 30 pages! A month :D

Eid Mubarak all!

khadija20
09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister_Zee
Salam

I remember you do good food also, so be a chef and post :D :p

Allah 3afeek

Hey this thread is 30 pages! A month :D

Eid Mubarak all!
HAHA i like your sig sis the little guy taking pict of the flower so cute

Ramadhan
09-20-2009, 11:51 PM
I am missing this thread already ... :(

ژاله
09-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Sis Gossamer do you eat such cool foods other than Ramadan too? :D

Sister_Zee
09-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Salaam,

Thanks sis Khadija20, he likes to takes pics of everything :D

Yup me too bro naidamar

جوري
09-23-2009, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
Sis Gossamer do you eat such cool foods other than Ramadan too? :D
sorry, I just saw this..

It is all about the presentation and I think google offers the best of those? ;D
still I contend no one eats cooler foods than the Malaysians.. who for some reason have gone in hiding..

where is br. North Malaysian and Sr. Syilla? ^o)

Muezzin
09-27-2009, 01:34 PM
A belated Eid Mubarak to everyone reading.

جوري
07-08-2010, 01:01 AM
I wanted to re-bump this thread for Ramadan so we can carry with it during the holy month Insha'Allah instead of starting another..

glo
07-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Oh, I had forgotten the great food Muslims eat during Ramadan! :statisfie

When is Ramadan expected to start this year?

Ramadhan
07-09-2010, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halcyon
August 20ish.
Around August 11, depending on which region.

syilla
07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
owwh...you bumping this already. then i've to start cooking lol :p

جوري
07-09-2010, 07:46 PM
owwh...you bumping this already. then i've to start cooking lol :p
this time I insist you invite me over :D :lol:

How are you dear sis, you are sorely missed around here.. look forward to all the colors and scents of Malaysia so get crackin' and invite me when dindin is ready :p::p:

Cabdullahi
07-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Oh, I had forgotten the great food Muslims eat during Ramadan! :statisfie

When is Ramadan expected to start this year?
she's in it for the food! :(

syilla
07-11-2010, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
this time I insist you invite me over :D :lol:

How are you dear sis, you are sorely missed around here.. look forward to all the colors and scents of Malaysia so get crackin' and invite me when dindin is ready :p::p:

aww...if u miss me u shud find the first flight to come to malaysia.. i mean you MUST!!! :p. it is NM who usually post something nice... he got an expensive camera...mine is just one broken one thats still working hehe... maybe i shud poke him and ask him to come and lighten up this thread hehe.

btw...what is dindin? or...you have gotten the wrong person to begin with lol :p

Cabdullahi
07-11-2010, 03:59 PM
i'll be making more chapati's

جوري
07-11-2010, 04:06 PM
aww...if u miss me u shud find the first flight to come to malaysia.. i mean you MUST!!! :p. it is NM who usually post something nice... he got an expensive camera...mine is just one broken one thats still working hehe... maybe i shud poke him and ask him to come and lighten up this thread hehe.

btw...what is dindin? or...you have gotten the wrong person to begin with lol :p
I shall insha'Allah.. Malaysia is on my list of things to do.. yes where is north Malaysian hmmmm..
dindin is my pet name for dinner :haha:

xxx

syilla
07-11-2010, 04:15 PM
aww...are you loosing hope already :nervous:;D

glo
07-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Cheeky!

I neither started this thread on Ramadan and food, not did I post up 453 posts on the topic! :giggling:
Food seems to be a topic of universal interest.

glo
07-11-2010, 05:35 PM
On a more serious note, being the only one in my family who fasts (for Ramadan or at other times), I only ever sit down to an ordinary evening meal with the rest of family.

I imagine it must be really wonderful to break the fast together with friends and family by sharing a specially prepared meal of special treats. :statisfie

Cabdullahi
07-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Cheeky!

I neither started this thread on Ramadan and food, not did I post up 453 posts on the topic! :giggling:
i am a person who likes to joke a lot and likes to make people laugh

glo
07-11-2010, 05:54 PM
i am a person who likes to joke a lot and likes to make people laugh
I know you are, brother Abdullahii, and I always appreciate your humour.
Don't worry, I took your post in the spirit in which it was intended. :)

syilla
08-04-2010, 08:22 AM
assallamualaikumm...how come this thread is not movinggg lol

جوري
08-04-2010, 08:49 AM
It is because Ramadan starts next wed.. not this one =)

syilla
08-04-2010, 02:41 PM
i thought it'll be moving...since there must be someone out there practicing for Ramadhan hehe

gladTidings
08-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Can't wait until Ramadhan starts and this thread is rolling again =)... Unfortunately wont be able to contribute as much since im working this year but look forward to everyones contributions inshAllah =)

north_malaysian
08-05-2010, 05:20 AM
can anyone start Ramadan 2010 Pics thread? :sl:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-05-2010, 07:16 PM
MashaAllaah awesome thread

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-05-2010, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
can anyone start Ramadan 2010 Pics thread? :sl:
I can but im bad at posting pictures :-\

جوري
08-11-2010, 09:49 PM
my day started at 4 am it usually starts at 5 so it wasn't a big stretch, I had honey and chocolate milk for sihoor.. anyhow we are still fasting with two more hours and fifteen minutes to go.. it was/is a very difficult day.. I am in such intense pain and in desperate need for two aspirins and a tall glass of something with ice, anything at all with ice..

I cooked this

and after cooking it have no desire to eat it.. really can't wait for my mom to come back from vacation bisalama insha'Allah, it has been so difficult to juggle everything, work/food/ sitting with my niece while she is gone and I just need a break and a real home cooked meal.. haven't had chicken in ages of course..

I also bought a watermelon..

so I look forward to quenching myself insha'Allah at some point.. oh and I bought cinnamon buns too lol

but in my humble opinion nothing is more attractive than this

at this moment

aadil77
08-11-2010, 11:28 PM
^mmmm watermelon - an must in ramadan :shade:

جوري
08-13-2010, 10:37 PM
this thread isn't picking up this Ramadan.. what time do you guys break your fast?
breakfast here is at 7:57 pm so another one hour and twenty mins insha'Allah..

this is what we are having today insha'Allah..

penne with meat in bechamel sauce

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum^ MashaAllaah looks tasty,at first i thought it was Lasagne(or however u spel it:-\), did you or are you cooking it?

I guess most geeks are away, geeks these days aye
I had Bakistaani Food and Iftaar was like a few Hours ago Alhamdulilaah and my Iftaar time today was 8.43 :-\ So yeah
It was amazing

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

جوري
08-13-2010, 10:52 PM
no, my mom made food and froze it-- I can't and dislike cooking but do on occasion to supplement what we have, we have to ration what we have until she comes back safely insha'Allah..

what I'd give for a real delicious feast.. I haven't had chicken in about 5 weeks now..

really in the mood for lamb with mint yogurt sauce but even my mother can't make that well lol.. have to find a nice halal restaurant with masterful chefs..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

I didnt have this but just wanted to share some geeky pics to keep the thread up to date :-\ you geeks!
This is geeky :-\

So is this :-\

Man you cant forget Chocolate Milkshake its the best :-\

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam geeks

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-13-2010, 11:03 PM
no, my mom made food and froze it-- I can't and dislike cooking but do on occasion to supplement what we have, we have to ration what we have until she comes back safely insha'Allah..

what I'd give for a real delicious feast.. I haven't had chicken in about 5 weeks now..

really in the mood for lamb with mint yogurt sauce but even my mother can't make that well lol.. have to find a nice halal restaurant with masterful chefs..

lol you remind me of myself, i dislike cooking too :-\ but i try my best

lol MashaAllaah sounds nice, my mother loves mint yoghurt she made some for this Ramadhaan

Grilled Lamb Kabobs with MintYogurt Sauc 1?1272980601 -

looks awesome

جوري
08-13-2010, 11:14 PM
^^ that is exactly what I want... mmmmmmmm

42:27 seconds to breakfast..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-13-2010, 11:17 PM
^ InshaAllaah you shall get that one day !

Breakfast? Is it your Suhoor or Iftaar time Uktee?

aadil77
08-13-2010, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Aslaamu`Alaaykum^ MashaAllaah looks tasty,at first i thought it was Lasagne(or however u spel it:-\), did you or are you cooking it?

I guess most geeks are away, geeks these days aye
I had Bakistaani Food and Iftaar was like a few Hours ago Alhamdulilaah and my Iftaar time today was 8.43 :-\ So yeah
It was amazing

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam
its Pakistani! :hiding: arabs aye

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-13-2010, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
its Pakistani! :hiding: arabs aye
What do you mean arabs eye ? :-\

aadil77
08-13-2010, 11:39 PM

What do you mean arabs eye ? :-\
they substitute B instead of P, no P in arabic alphabet

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh okay sorry
Jazakallahu Khayr for the explanation

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Anyways MashaAllaah @this thready is awesome

Bump

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Oh okay sorry
Jazakallahu Khayr for the explanation

Edit: Oh and sorry i read it wrong sorry it says aye :-\

SubhaanAllaah

جوري
08-14-2010, 03:27 PM
^ InshaAllaah you shall get that one day !

Breakfast? Is it your Suhoor or Iftaar time Uktee?

breakfast is the time when we break out fast :wink:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-14-2010, 03:44 PM

breakfast is the time when we break out fast :wink:
lol sis with it being in the afternoon ,kinda confused me i shall admit :-\

syilla
08-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Assallamualaikum all....

I had this ...is a beancurd filled with beansprouts and spring onions. and poured with light chilli sauce some add papaya sauce

and had this...made from flour rice (below is layered with sweet layer and above is abit salty -flour rice + coconut milk)

Enjoyyyy

syilla
08-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Assallamualaikum all....

I had this ...is a beancurd filled with beansprouts and spring onions. and poured with light chilli sauce some add papaya sauce

and had this...made from flour rice (below is layered with sweet layer and above is abit salty -flour rice + coconut milk)

Enjoyyyy

جوري
08-14-2010, 04:33 PM
^^^^^ very nice

Cabdullahi
08-14-2010, 04:50 PM
what is the best place to work in Ramadan?

A restaurant is the best place to work preferably the head chef so you can taste all the food during your fast

this is me joking....i hope everyone makes good use of Ramadan to purify themselves insha'Allah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-14-2010, 04:54 PM
^Insha`Allaah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

For Iftaar i had some Sambusas :-\

These geeky ones:

Any one tried these,they is also awesome :-\ :

And not to forget this geeky thing (Not that i had any:-\):

You geeks:-\

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

جوري
08-14-2010, 09:05 PM
my mom is coming today insha'Allah, so I placed an order from a Muslim restaurant.. looks so good I can hardly wait, but I got variety of things..

lamb chops/ trout/ shrimp and chicken kebab insha'Allah..

S_87
08-14-2010, 09:24 PM
^^oh yum thats looks good, can i come eat too

had nuggets n fries n baked beans today

جوري
08-14-2010, 09:36 PM
sure you can have some, let's hope it tastes as good as it looks insha'Allah..
how about sharing with us the pix of what you ate, like sr. syilla did?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-14-2010, 10:10 PM
MashaAllaah@ sis Lilly looks awesome

I want to come over tooo , save me some : D

جوري
08-15-2010, 06:05 PM
That is what we are having today insha'Allah..

6 more hours to go :haha:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Geeks m back k k k

Ps, You shouldnt be geeky:-\

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

جوري
08-15-2010, 09:16 PM
^^^ I love how you have to have chocolate.. you truly are consistent as a royal friend and true to chocolate ought to be.. ;D
do you want to tell us the names of the above foods? we don't recognize them as familiar :smile:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum^well to be honest with you :p

I didnt have chocolate milkshake i just love including it : D :-\

The first pic i posted consists of Chicken Curry (which i didnt have) , and the second picture is of something you may have not heard called "Pakora" lol the pakistani/Indian/Bangladeshi type of food i think. It usually consists of Potatoes and onions, you can get those with chicken erm oh and vegetables ones lol, am sure someone would enlighten you more on the topic maybe :-\. It is rather like a snack.
And ofcourse the last one my fave, chocolate milkshake i totally adore that geeky drink! dont you aye?

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

جوري
08-16-2010, 07:34 PM
for today insha'Allah we are having vegetable soup and some left overs :haha:

it took a while for my body to adjust to the fast, my stomach was sleeping, but now it is back in gears.. hopefully awake and with the program..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum^MashaAllaah looks yummy :p

Orite leme get back to business :-\

You geeks:-\

I forgot to mention this one:

<-- looks yummy innit? MashaAllaah!

Oh and ofcourse this :-\( not that i had any again :-\ ) :

So yeah you geekz

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Sawdah
08-16-2010, 09:31 PM
^ I love the fruits, looks good. :thumbs_up

InshaAllah, tonight we're having:

and some other stuff. ^^;

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Fruit is awesome innit?!

Not to forget this:

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

:-\

جوري
08-17-2010, 09:17 PM

Tilapia night.. guess it really is boring without the Malaysians :(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-17-2010, 09:38 PM
^MashaAllaah is it the same as fish? :-\ lol
or is it fish?

جوري
08-17-2010, 11:47 PM
fish that tastes just like chicken..3:41 to break-fast.. al7mdlillah..

~Raindrop~
08-17-2010, 11:59 PM
There's this:

waiting for me downstairs if I'm quick enough. Ferrero Rocher milkshake, that is.

Byeeeeeee!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-18-2010, 12:05 AM
lol mashallaah a sis just went to have that right now

sounds awesome
Jazakallahu Khaayr

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!