/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims only in Ramadan?

ahmed_indian
08-24-2009, 10:56 AM
:sl:

did u come across this term : ramadan muslims?

the ramadan muslims have specific features. praying fard salah and going to masjid only in ramadan. reciting Quran and helping others only in ramadan. they quit smoking, TV only in ramadan.

of course we try to increase our good acts in holy month of ramadan, but the basics duties of Islam is for everyday and every month and not just Ramadan.

PS: i am not dividing the muslim community in two groups, etc but the message is to inform all my brothers and sisters that we should be good muslims all over the year.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*KB*
08-24-2009, 11:29 AM

Brother ahmed_indian you have brought up a good topic. I have heard of the "group" name Ramadhan Muslims. Baba Ali mentions it in one of his videos here is the link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixN0q...eature=related

He mentions it around the 6 minutes mark :)

*KB*

Salahudeen
08-24-2009, 11:48 AM
hmm I noticed this too then another questioned popped into my head, what about the person who

doesn't pray all year round

smokes cigarettes

goes out and mixes with girls

has girl friend

goes to night clubs

then in ramadhan he gives up all these things and on the day of eid he starts them again.

Rebel
08-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Well, maybe one Ramadhan, after being on their best behaviour for a whole month, they'd get a wake-up call n realise their mistake :><: y'never know...

I mean, it's better than nothing, innit?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
m102313
08-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Let's not talk about them like that, let's just hope and pray to Allah that he gives them guidance in this blessed month. I know people who don't even touch the Qur'an or even pray one Jumma' throughout the whole year but still call themselves muslims.

Ramisa
08-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Lets not backbite about people as I know some Muslims who neither care in Ramadhan nor the other 11 months. It is better than nothing. We shouldn't look at peoples deeds and observe them,but observe our own deeds and save our deen.

We should reflect upon ourselves rather than observing other people. Thus,I think this thread should be closed as it may lead to unnecessary backbiting among people we know, but a moderator knows if it's right. May Allah guide those who are confused or to lazy to pray,ameen.Other than that,Allah knows the best.

:w:

Salahudeen
08-24-2009, 12:41 PM
ameen^

hmmmm I never knew this was classed as back biting, dammit I shouldve told Dr Bilal Phillips and Assim al hakeem when they were talking about these kind of people to not backbite them.

wait I don't see how we are back biting them, we are not naming any individual specifically,

Isn't back biting classed as when you name the individual specifically??

which individual have we backbited here?? what's his name???

the inpermissability of back biting is when your words are about a particular person and you spread gossip and rumours about him, we're not spreading gossip or rumours about a particular individual we're talking in general.

Would we also be back biting if we were talking about how

" a lot of Muslims attend the masjid for Friday prayers but don't bother attending for the other prayers and what we could do to change it?"

we wouldn't because it's a sad truth that we want to discuss and raise awareness about it in order to eradicate it, and there is no specific individual who is being harmed by this discussion it's a general discussion.

Just like we want to discuss those people who only pratice in Ramadhan to raise awareness about the dangers of it, no individual is being harmed by this discussion. No specific individual's reputation is going to be ruined by this.

If we went by your definition then all general discussions wouldn't be allowed. No 1 would be able to discuss the ill's of the ummah because they'd be classed as backbiting but we know this isn't the case as many discussions take place about the problems of the ummah and what could be done to remove them, and from among those problems is that some of us only seek the pleasure of Allah in Ramadhan and forget about him the rest of the year. Is this not a bad thing that should be discussed so that solutions can arise out of the discussion on how to remove the issue at hand.

Also the brother who started the thread mentioned in the first post that

"but the message is to inform all my brothers and sisters that we should be good muslims all over the year".

so his intention by opening this discussion is to improve the state of the Muslim Ummah by informing all of the brothers and sisters that we should be good muslims all over the year and not for 1 month.

What is wrong with having a discussion about improving the state of the ummah?? it may be that 1 of those people who only seeks the pleasure of Allah in Ramadhan, reads this thread and because of it decides he should seek Allah's pleasure all year round. Then good has come out of it.

And what is the name of the individual who has been harmed as a result of this discussion?? I don't know his name, nor does anyone else, lets keep it that way.

Also you mentioned that "we should reflect upon our selves rather than observing other people" "we shouldn't look at peoples deeds and observe them"

are you not observing our deeds by making the incinuation that we're back biting?? are you not observing peoples deeds when you said

"I know some Muslims who neither care in Ramadhan nor the 11 other months. It is better than nothing"

are you not observing the deeds of all the people who are taking part in this discussion by requesting it should be closed so they don't backbite anyone??

please don't take offensively what I'm about to say, but understand the point in what I'm about to say.

please leave us and follow your own advice of "reflecting upon our own deeds" rather than observing our deed of holding a discussion on how to improve the ummah.

and leave us to our own deed of discussing what can be done to improve the ummah and the state of those people who only seek Allah's pleasure in Ramadhan, while you go and reflect upon your own deeds which is what you believe should be done.

ahmed_indian
08-25-2009, 07:24 AM
^ well written brother squiggle.

just hope u had been a little polite with sister Ramisa. :)

ilm.seeker
08-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Ramadhan Warriors

July 21, 2009 at 10:03 AM (Fasting)
Ramadhan Muslims
Source: http://www.binbaz.org.sa/mat/19317
Question: There is a saying which goes” The people who only know Allah in Ramadan will not be successful.” Is this a hadeeth?
Answer: This is a saying from some of the pious predecessors about people who worship Allah attentively in Ramadan. And when Ramadan finishes they stop. Therefore he said,” How miserable is the person who only knows Allah during Ramadan.” This statement is correct for the person that abandons obligations (outside of Ramadan). This saying doesn’t refer to the person who doesn’t continue to practice the sunnan acts outside of Ramadan.
This is a correct statement. The intended meaning here refers to people who practice Allah’s rights temporarily. They pray in Ramadan and in the other eleven months of the year they don’t. This kind of person is pitiful; as he disbelieves in Allah with these kinds of actions. To willfully abandon the prayer is disbelief. We ask Allah for pardon.
Now on the other hand to stop practicing some of the recommended deeds outside of Ramadan is harmless. This is because during Ramadan people strive with their upmost ability to perform various sunnan acts of worship along with voluntary contributions and so forth. Hence if he falls short in doing these acts after Ramadan we don’t consider him a wretched person.
http://www.binbaz.org.sa/mat/19317
Translated by Abu Aaliyah Abdullah ibn Dwight Battle, Doha, Qatar© 26/8/1429
Oh Allah allow us to be mindful of You year round. Allah we ask you to let the Quran be our companion throughout the year. And don’t write us among those who only cry and visit Your house in Ramadan.

Salahudeen
08-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Sorry sister Ramisa if my post offended you, that's just my way of talking sis, so don't be offended. There was nothing meant to be nasty in it, just was trying to explain. am sorry if you found it upsetting in anyway, it wasn't supposed to be.

_PakistaN_
08-28-2009, 06:08 AM
I have been seeing a bunch of them, mosques are almost twice as full in this month...lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.