/* */

PDA

View Full Version : sick of wasswassa help please

touba
08-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Assalamou Alaikoum wa rahmatou Allah taala wa barakatou,

Brothers and sisters again ramadan karim,

Im sick of wasswassa more than 15 years ago a3ozo biallah mina sheytan arrajim.

I imagine things doesnt exist in reality , I wash my clothes and hands so many times im not relax,

I always have doubt of my self and to all people close to me i really dont know how to cure my self from this wasswassa please any advise

Jazakoum Allah khayiran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
touba
08-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Please i really need help and duaa.

Jazakoum Allah khayiran

Tony
08-24-2009, 06:28 PM
what is wasswassa

جوري
08-24-2009, 06:33 PM
waswassa are those whispers you hear in your head.. everyone suffers from them.. mine especially plague me when I am in the bathroom..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramisa
08-24-2009, 06:39 PM
:sl:

May Allah grant you ease from these wasswassa.They may be like jinns? In the bathroom I get a few thoughts but I always remember Allah(dhikr). Do that and make dua. Insha'Allah after that you will have a peaceful mind. Continue this for a few months and Insha'Allah they will be weak as a ant against a human.

May Allah grant you a cure from this,ameen.
:w:

Tony
08-24-2009, 06:41 PM
ok understood. Well sister if the voices are loud and telling ppl of ur secrets or things that shame you, then the Doctor may be of help, if it is the whispering of shayatin then it must be the recitation of surrat or duas. I get some pretty horrendous thoughts popping into my head as I am sure we all do, but I change the subject, I hope this doesnt sound demeaning to ur problem, I literally think of something else and mentally block the subject in my mind. Guiltis what keeps it real, and its false guilt as the thoughts come whether you want or not. Sorry if its not much help, I will definatley be making dua for you sister. Again, if the voices are exterior and telling ppl of ur personal things, it may be auditory hallucinations and a Doctor can help. May Allah guide you and protect you from this disturbing occurence, Ameen

touba
08-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Jazakoum Allah khaiyran for your duaa,

Mine is interior from sheytan a3ozo biallah mina a sheytani arrajim , I really suffer so much hamdollah

cat eyes
08-24-2009, 09:23 PM
salaam sister ramadhan mubarek

when you hear the vioces what do they tell you? you mention that your not in touch with reality? sorry if i am misunderstanding your post.

i think that you should see a doctor sister.. i recently went through this stage in my life where i would worry about little things constantly my mind would be racing with negative thoughts about myself and others.. i was feeling faint and dizzy and things like this..kinda being isolated..

i went to the doctor and he asked me a load of questions and he diagnosed me with possible bi polar. i did have a feeling that i did have a mental illness because it runs in my family but i didn't want to be labelled. the doctor then arranged for me counseling sessions. but with the help of Allah i am coping with it day by day alhamdulilah.

i did kinda feel this day would come, something happened which made it worse and took control over me completely! now i don't have any major problems! but sometimes i still have this problem of isolation! but i push myself to go out and spend time with people instead of being at home like my friend invited m
for dinner last week and i did not goimsad i am suprized i have any friends with my weird behaviour.

I know that Allah is helping me day by day just trust on him sister

Sarahd
08-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Sister I will make alot of Dua for you Insha Allah, specialy in the month of Ramadhaan.:)
Insha Allah you will be cured, Have patience, Verily, after hardship there will be ease, so remain steadfast on ur Deen and u will soon be cured Insha Allah.

touba
08-24-2009, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarahd
Sister I will make alot of Dua for you Insha Allah, specialy in the month of Ramadhaan.:)
Insha Allah you will be cured, Have patience, Verily, after hardship there will be ease, so remain steadfast on ur Deen and u will soon be cured Insha Allah.
Jazaki Allah khayiran sister inshallah

Sarahd
08-24-2009, 09:34 PM
:muslimah:

touba
08-24-2009, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
salaam sister ramadhan mubarek

when you hear the vioces what do they tell you? you mention that your not in touch with reality? sorry if i am misunderstanding your post.

i think that you should see a doctor sister.. i recently went through this stage in my life where i would worry about little things constantly my mind would be racing with negative thoughts about myself and others.. i was feeling faint and dizzy and things like this..kinda being isolated..

i went to the doctor and he asked me a load of questions and he diagnosed me with possible bi polar. i did have a feeling that i did have a mental illness because it runs in my family but i didn't want to be labelled. the doctor then arranged for me counseling sessions. but with the help of Allah i am coping with it day by day alhamdulilah.

i did kinda feel this day would come, something happened which made it worse and took control over me completely! now i don't have any major problems! but sometimes i still have this problem of isolation! but i push myself to go out and spend time with people instead of being at home like my friend invited m
for dinner last week and i did not goimsad i am suprized i have any friends with my weird behaviour.

I know that Allah is helping me day by day just trust on him sister

Sister sorry to hear about your problem as well, doctor couldnt do anything because mine is from syetan a3ozi biallahi mina asyetani arrajim the syetan na3alahou Allah put something in my mind which i didnt do it and which is not true and like that i get depression and i get sick anyway hamdollah Allah give us the shefaa inshallah.

Ramadan Mubarak Karim Sister

I heard that some sheikhs can cure it but i dont know any here.

Jazaki Allah khayiran

touba
08-24-2009, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarahd
:muslimah:
You too sister Ramadan karim

Jazaki Allah khayiran

mustafaisb
08-24-2009, 09:58 PM
:sl: Sorry to hear the bad news. I have also suffered greatly from wasswas, fortunately there are many things you can do. I haven't listed everything here so inshallah the other more knowledgable sisters and brothers can list the rest.

http://www.abdurrahman.org/zikr/gainingRewards.pdf on pages 4, 7, 10, 11, on protection against the shaitan

http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/Dhikr/protect.html recite Surah Nas and Al-Falaq

:wa:

Bub
08-24-2009, 10:14 PM
I think i have one when go to bathroom or no light- v dark. Like ghosts are there etc might Allah cure our illness inshaAllah, sis I will make a du'a for u sis!

Snowflake
08-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Please brothers and sisters, make dua before entering bathroom..

Allahumma inni a udhubika minal khaboothi wal khabaith - enter with left foot, exit with right. Do not talk/sing while in the bathroom and especially while relieving oneself.

Please recite 'Bismillah' before undressing - this put a veil between you and the jinns/shayateen.

Recite Bismillah/specific dua before leaving home and entering.

Recite protective Surahs before sleeping. The shayateen play with your soul (cause bad dreams) and the shaytaan urinates in your ear all night when you don't. The shaytaan runs from it and doesn't enter house for three days.

Before eating recite Bismillah & alhumdulillah after eating.

Recite ayatul Kursi after every salah.

If you can't recite, play recitation of Surah al Baqarah in your house everyday.

InshaAllah will post more as soon as I can..

Salahudeen
08-24-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't know how to say khaboothi :( in my transliteration it's khubthi

cat eyes
08-25-2009, 01:23 AM
it might be a medical problem also though alhamdulilah this thing never happened with me. everyday i read kalma and seek protection from Allah as i know of some muslims who are really feeling that there is some sort of evil in there homes and they don't want to be alone.i think if i heard a vioce i would not know what to do. i would go straight to an imam because this might be a sign that you are under some spell i once heard a scholar say this that it could be that someone inflicted magic on you, one of the signs is hearing vioces! i would not neglect this sister as only Allah knows what could happen next. i would speak with imam and he can read quranic verses on you

Beardo
08-25-2009, 01:31 AM
The number one point to understand when it comes to human failings is that Allah is the most powerful. We are in need of Him, but Allah is not in need of us. Our mistakes, major or minor, do not affect Him in any form. Humans are bound to make mistake. Allah Taa’la says that if it wasn’t for the human creation to make mistakes, then He would have made a nation who would make mistakes so that the creation would in turn glorify and repent sincerely back to Him.

Applies to me before all.

IslamicRevival
08-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Salaam. I know how you feel. When i was reading Taraweeh today i was getting all sorts of thoughts through my head. Some were outright disgusting I tried to block them out and listen to Allah SWT's beautiful words but they kept popping back into my mind even though i was trying so hard to concentrate!

At one point questioning over and over again what was going on and why i was getting these thoughts in my mind

I still havent an answer

Alphadude
08-25-2009, 02:05 AM
still i dont realy understand what realy wasswassa means?

let me give u some example in medical world its a psychiatric problem if u have heard the news some time ago there was a guy came out on the street with a knife and stabed lots of people and when police asked him why he did it he said the voices on my head told me so the is a psychiatric problem .

u didnt even say what it tells u or does the voice wants u to do something?

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 03:41 AM
^Waswasa are the whisperings of the devils.

Some types of mental illness is due to jinn possession or black majic.

touba
08-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Assalamou alaikoum wa rahmatou Allah taala wa barakatou.

Brothers and sisters jazakoum Allah for your advice and reply,

My wasswassa is different , it is make me sick and far from all the people , I give you example , if a woman touched me or kissed me after her i wash my face and hands and change my clothes because the sheytan na3alahou Allah put wasswassa that may be the woman is sick and she will make me sick as well , could you imagine how many people i meet and how many times i have to wach and change my clothes ,An other example sometimes i feel a bit tired or have a small tootache he made it to me as a big problem he wishper to me that its dangerous and that im sick and i start believe it but as soon as i visit the doctor he said that im ok and nothing wrong , I really suffer so much and i couldnt find the words plus he wishper to me about my husband and make problems to me , Im very afraid woman even he stop to not eat food in my father house telling me tha there is a sihir there and and

I really dont know what to do and i ask Allah shifaa to me and to all the people around the world inshallah

Thinker
08-25-2009, 10:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by touba
Assalamou Alaikoum wa rahmatou Allah taala wa barakatou,

Brothers and sisters again ramadan karim,

Im sick of wasswassa more than 15 years ago a3ozo biallah mina sheytan arrajim.

I imagine things doesnt exist in reality , I wash my clothes and hands so many times im not relax,

I always have doubt of my self and to all people close to me i really dont know how to cure my self from this wasswassa please any advise

Jazakoum Allah khayiran
Why are the called whispers and not voices, is it because they are quiet voices? Who’s voices are they; are they the voice of someone you know or that of a stranger? I have thoughts, I have discussions in my head but I don’t hear anything I sort of see it with my minds eye; is that the same thing as your whispers?

Thinker
08-25-2009, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
^Waswasa are the whisperings of the devils.

Some types of mental illness is due to jinn possession or black majic.
Hmmm - how come we only find witches and the like in backward countries, is that because we, in the west, burnt all ours a few years back?

- IqRa -
08-25-2009, 11:07 AM
There is lots of black magic going on the west - you have no idea...

Thinker
08-25-2009, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
There is lots of black magic going on the west - you have no idea...
Indeed but I think it’s restricted the Leicester, Bradford and a few other groups The only Jinn in my house is in a green bottle and parked very comfortably alongside the tonic ;D

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Sis Touba,

The types of waswasa you mention are still from the shaytaan. Please follow the recommendations of Prophet (saw) to protect yourself inshaAllah. Play/recite surah al Baqarah in your house every day. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
Why are the called whispers and not voices, is it because they are quiet voices? Who’s voices are they; are they the voice of someone you know or that of a stranger? I have thoughts, I have discussions in my head but I don’t hear anything I sort of see it with my minds eye; is that the same thing as your whispers?
They are called whispers as that is how the devils communicate them.. Just like to us they are voices, even though they are not heard with the ears themselves. Waswasa are irrational and may tell you to do evil things/harm people/yourself etc.. or cause you have anxiety or extreme fear as the O.P mentions. Thoughts such as 'Ooh, I feel like a cuppa' are your own thoughts and nothing to do with waswas. Hope that helps.

format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
Hmmm - how come we only find witches and the like in backward countries, is that because we, in the west, burnt all ours a few years back?
I think its because it has just gone underground and that's why you think it doesn't happen in the west. But it does and there are secret societies who delve into the darker side of life. I think they just don't apply it to everyday lives, like killing the mother-in-law.

touba
08-25-2009, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=Scents of Jannah;1209241]Sis Touba,

The types of waswasa you mention are still from the shaytaan. Please follow the recommendations of Prophet (saw) to protect yourself inshaAllah. Play/recite surah al Baqarah in your house every day. :)

Sister i will inshallah jazaki Allah khayiran

Rebel
08-25-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't know how to say khaboothi in my transliteration it's khubthi
Khubthi is the correct way of pronouncing it.

touba
08-25-2009, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rebel
Khubthi is the correct way of pronouncing it.
yes right

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 01:17 PM
You're right. JazakAllahu khayr. I don't know why there is a dhamma on the ba in khubthi on my duaa poster.

touba
08-25-2009, 01:24 PM
You're right. JazakAllahu khayr. I don't know why there is a dhamma on the ba in khubthi on my duaa poster.
Its ok sister Jazaki Allah khaiyran we all can make mistake only Allah Subhanahou Wa Taala is perfect

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 01:29 PM
No doubt sis! Wa iyyaki :statisfie

Rebel
08-25-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't know why there is a dhamma on the ba in khubthi on my duaa poster.
In that case, it's pronounced khubuthi, not khaboothi... which is also correct.

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Got it! JazakAllahu khayr

touba
08-25-2009, 01:58 PM
In that case, it's pronounced khubuthi, not khaboothi... which is also correct.
No its wrong , It should be khubthi but normally in Arabic it should be alkhubthi

Rebel
08-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Hmmm... I'm quite sure about that, sis :X

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Maybe since the 'ba' is a qalqala it sounds like 'khub bu thi' when it bounces? TBH, I've seen it written both ways. Allah knows best.

touba
08-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Maybe since the 'ba' is a qalqala it sounds like 'khub bu thi' when it bounces? TBH, I've seen it written both ways. Allah knows best.
Sister after damma there is sokoun Alkhu damma b sokoun

Allah knows

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I will say khubthi as that is how is is written in 'fortress of the muslim' dua book :)

Rebel
08-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Like sis SoJ, I've seen it written both ways... but anyways, back to topic :X I really think you should have it checked out. Don't just dismiss it as something from the shaytaan, it could be worse than that :><:

touba
08-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Like sis SoJ, I've seen it written both ways... but anyways, back to topic :X I really think you should have it checked out. Don't just dismiss it as something from the shaytaan, it could be worse than that :><:
What you mean please by it could be worse than that

cat eyes
08-25-2009, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Salaam. I know how you feel. When i was reading Taraweeh today i was getting all sorts of thoughts through my head. Some were outright disgusting I tried to block them out and listen to Allah SWT's beautiful words but they kept popping back into my mind even though i was trying so hard to concentrate!

At one point questioning over and over again what was going on and why i was getting these thoughts in my mind

I still havent an answer
it happens with me brother, if i pick up a certain islamic book also it happens and these feelings just come on me from nowhere, i won't say what goes through my mind but i feel horrible and disgusted and seek Allah's protection, i just try and block it out as much as i can. also if i put on certain clothes i get these feelings also and again comes on me from nowhere. on some ocassions i could not even pray properly and run to the bathroom. it hasn't happened lately because i have been reciting invocations now

Ramadhan
08-26-2009, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by touba
Assalamou alaikoum wa rahmatou Allah taala wa barakatou.

Brothers and sisters jazakoum Allah for your advice and reply,

My wasswassa is different , it is make me sick and far from all the people , I give you example , if a woman touched me or kissed me after her i wash my face and hands and change my clothes because the sheytan na3alahou Allah put wasswassa that may be the woman is sick and she will make me sick as well , could you imagine how many people i meet and how many times i have to wach and change my clothes ,An other example sometimes i feel a bit tired or have a small tootache he made it to me as a big problem he wishper to me that its dangerous and that im sick and i start believe it but as soon as i visit the doctor he said that im ok and nothing wrong , I really suffer so much and i couldnt find the words plus he wishper to me about my husband and make problems to me , Im very afraid woman even he stop to not eat food in my father house telling me tha there is a sihir there and and

I really dont know what to do and i ask Allah shifaa to me and to all the people around the world inshallah
It sounds to me that your conditions is very similar to "obsessive compulsive disorder". Maybe you should go to a doctor also to make sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessi...lsive_disorder

touba
08-26-2009, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
It sounds to me that your conditions is very similar to "obsessive compulsive disorder". Maybe you should go to a doctor also to make sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessi...lsive_disorder
Brother i visited many doctors in the past and it doesnt work .You know why i wash my hands because somebody wishper in my mind to make me afraid that if i dont wash it something will happen to me thats the problem .

Im very afraid person and if i cure my afraid i know i will be better but how to cure afraid?

- IqRa -
08-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Do you read 4 kul and aayat al kursi?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.