/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what should i eat in sehri for good health

fagp1rpp
08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
asa. every one and happy ramadan mubarak.
II am from kuwait and the fajar timing is 4:00 am.I wold like to ask that what should i eat for good health.I am a student After eating and praying i go to sleep.Then after to hours my food is not digested.After two hours i want to do exercise,Please tell me that what should i eat.I eat two cahpatti and one bowl of yougurt.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
fagp1rpp
08-24-2009, 02:55 PM
oh yeah i also eat olive oil and black seed oil in yougurt.Please tell me that should i eat heavy or light food like dalia(oatmeal)or corn flakes.
thx

Ashraf_z
08-24-2009, 10:00 PM
:sl:,

Here is an example of a routine I am following; although the food changes day to day..

> Sehri - eggs, peanut butter sandwich, oats, a whey protein shake
> 730am training
> Ifthar- eggs, chicken, vegetables, cheese, a casein protein shake
> After Isha/Tarawih - Rice, red meat/chicken, vegetables.

What sort of exercise do you wish to perform?
I would suggest avoiding any cardiovascular exercise if you are fasting, just exercise to maintain any muscle and don't push yourself hard during this time.. Focus on your Salah and other Ibaadah.

Hope that helps Insha Allah,

Snowflake
08-24-2009, 10:26 PM
I think you should forget about exercising during Ramadhan. If you perform extra nawafils and also taraweeh, you should get a good workout. One thing that's often neglected is the pauses between each action of salah. If it is rushed, there will be little, if any physical benefit. If the correct posture and pace is maintained during salah, it can be toning and strengthening for the body.

It is not recommended in the sunnah to eat before sleeping but unfortunately we have no choice sometimes. If you are going to sleep after fajr, then try to avoid oily food and chew your food properly. Drink before your meal and not during it, as that increases flatulance and maybe acid reflux. Try getting enough water during the period after iftari and until you go to sleep, so as not to become dehydrated.

Baki, like the brother said above, focus on your ibadah instead. Ramadhan is the month of the Quran. So inshaAllah enjoy reciting it for the pleasure of Allah (SWT), rewards and blessings, healing and knowledge.

Have a blessed ramadhan. Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hidaya
08-25-2009, 03:58 AM
My mom makes me drink a cup of milk for Suhoor, along with the other things I eat. She says I'll get strength throughout the day if I drink milk...

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 04:35 AM
Does it work for you? Do you feel different if you don't drink it? :)

fagp1rpp
08-25-2009, 09:46 AM
i drink two scoops of soy protein powder.Actually i am also a sportsman so i need to do it.I am dong metal wiing wiring resistance band or stand pulling for building chest,tricep,shoulder that is also known as chest expander.And i also do barbell dumbell and curved rod and straight and diffrent rod.I used to do it at home.So i want to ask that at what time i should do cardio because it depends if i left it then after it will be much difficult for me.During workout i listen quran also

Ashraf_z
08-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Masha Allah,

This is very good advice (well of course it is.. its from Mum :statisfie) and there is scientific evidence to back it Subhan Allah :shade:

Milk has a blend of very high quality proteins; these proteins are very beneficial for my two favourite things 'Fat burning' and 'muscle growth'. Fat burning is important at this time to keep away the fat (especially that belly fat +o() that can accumulate due to bad diet in this month.

Milk is perfect for Ramadhan as the slow digestion proteins (casein) keep the body enriched with its vital nutrients for a long time even after it has been taken.

May Allah bless our mothers :inshallah

fagp1rpp
08-25-2009, 10:09 AM
i am doing three sets of each 20 reps 25 reps 30 reps.AS it will not build muscles but it will build lean muscles but slowly.And it will build tight muscles that which will protect the bones ligaments and joints i mean inner muscles and outer muscles also.

Ashraf_z
08-25-2009, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fagp1rpp
i drink two scoops of soy protein powder.Actually i am also a sportsman so i need to do it.I am dong metal wiing wiring resistance band or stand pulling for building chest,tricep,shoulder that is also known as chest expander.And i also do barbell dumbell and curved rod and straight and diffrent rod.I used to do it at home.So i want to ask that at what time i should do cardio because it depends if i left it then after it will be much difficult for me.During workout i listen quran also
I see bro the problem is, its very hard to do high intensity training during Ramadhan and well for me personally cardio is left until after the month is over.

If you do wish to incorporate cardio I think that you should do it nearing the end of your fast, as you will soon replenish what you have lost.

But again if possible leave the cardio it will tire you out very much. Do some exercise as you are a sportsman to just to maintain your muscle and strength.

Allah knows best,

Strzelecki
08-25-2009, 10:14 AM
After today I'm officially off a fruit based Suhur.
I'll go for carbs tomorrow insha'Allah!

zakirs
08-25-2009, 10:28 AM
:sl:

Milk , eggs , bread , jam and butter for me

Salahudeen
08-25-2009, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sayf Udeen
After today I'm officially off a fruit based Suhur.
I'll go for carbs tomorrow insha'Allah!

LOL SAME ere I tried it too not good, i guess our bodies are just conditioned to getting that "full feeling" lol

Muhaba
08-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I planned to have a cheese sandwich & dates but I haven't been sticking to my plans. In any case, I eat very little for suhoor.

zakirs
08-25-2009, 12:54 PM
what ever you eat , dont forget to take good amount of liquids :)

closerthantheveins
08-25-2009, 12:58 PM
hw can u eat thta early-dnt u feel sik?

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 01:41 PM
^I used to feel really sick at suhoor and even vomit with the smell of food.. I hate to say, astaghfirullah sometimes I hate sharing such stuff cuz it sounds like I'm bragging.. astaghfirullah.. may Allah protect me from pride and arrogance.. ameen :'( but I have notice that now I'm a better muslim hamdulillah, I dont feel sick at suhoor. I think cuz I'm mentally, physically and psychologically better prepared for fasting. Allahu alim. That's the only reason I can think of :(:-[

Misz_Muslimah
08-25-2009, 01:43 PM
I think dates and water is a good idea coz it dont get you too full and its enough to keep you standing :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.