/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Newbie thinking about reverting

Rabi Mansur
08-25-2009, 02:16 AM
:sl:
Hey everyone. I'm new here. Not a Muslim but feel drawn to it for some reason. I have been reading Quran and trying to learn some Arabic. I was raised a Mormon but don't believe in it anymore so I have been studying other religions. I feel drawn to Islam. But I still am somewhat skeptical.

I have many questions. :embarrass And really don't know any Muslims personally.

Thanks for having this place to learn about this religion.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
08-25-2009, 02:21 AM
Greetings & Welcome to the Forums! :)

It was nice to read that you are considering Islaam. I pray Allah continues to guide you!

Feel free to ask any questions you have here!

جوري
08-25-2009, 02:50 AM
:welcome: aboard..and enjoy your stay with us..

Muslim Woman
08-25-2009, 02:59 AM
Salaam / Peace;

Pl feel free to ask questions about Islam . waiting to welcome another revert :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
08-25-2009, 03:20 AM
Nice to have you with us! :statisfie

Please feel free to ask any questions. :)

syilla
08-25-2009, 03:27 AM
Hi welcome on board and have a beneficial stay :)

kwolney01
08-25-2009, 03:49 AM
Welcome to the forum! :)

I reverted last year and it's been the best thing I've ever done. I too felt drawn to Islam I was drawn to Muslims in high school and gained knowledge from them. I began studying on my own and reverted.

Feel free to ask any questions. Everyone here is really nice and knowledgeable. I wish you the best.

Ramadhan
08-25-2009, 04:06 AM
Welcome to this forums brother
InsyaAllah you will find your queries satisfied here.
You can always browse the vast knowledge and information and interesting discussions contained in IB and you can always ask to anyone here who I have personally found also very knowledgable.

Hamayun
08-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Welcome Bro :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. People here are very helpful.

Salam (Peace)

Muslimlearner
08-25-2009, 07:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur
:sl:
I feel drawn to Islam. But I still am somewhat skeptical.
About what?
In Islam everything has an answer,so ask!

Strzelecki
08-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Hello rabimansur.
Welcome to IB.
Enjoy and insha'Allah (God-willing) you have a beneficial stay. :)

- IqRa -
08-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi, Welcome to LI Islamic forum.

Please ask any questions you may have, may Allaah continue to guide you, Ameen.

zakirs
08-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Welcome bro

salaams and you are free to ask any question here and enjoy your stay :)

May ALLAH guide you

Rabi Mansur
08-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Thank you. I feel welcome here.

One of the questions I have is regarding Adam. Does Islam teach that we all came from Adam and Eve and that they lived about 6000 years ago? That sounds like a fundamentalist Christian mentality if true...which I no longer believe. Is there room for evolution and the world being millions of years old in Islam? That is a big stumbling block for me. If Islam teaches there was no evolution and the world is only 6000 years old I don't know if I can accept that.

Shukran!

Misz_Muslimah
08-25-2009, 02:01 PM
:welcome:

Hope you have a beneficial stay at the forum :)

zakirs
08-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Does Islam teach that we all came from Adam and Eve and that they lived about 6000 years ago?
Islam does believe that we all came from Adam and eve.

'Get down (from the Garden), one of you an enemy to the other [i.e. Adam, Eve, and Satan]. On earth will be a dwelling-place for you and an enjoyment -- for a short time'. He (God) said:

'Therein you shall live, and therein you shall die, and from it you shall be brought out [i.e. resurrected].' "
(Quran 7:24-25).

Regarding 6000 years , i dont think there has been any figure of 6000 anywhere i read.

bro why dont you post this on "Clarifications of islam" section of the forum.

Hamayun
08-26-2009, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur
Thank you. I feel welcome here.

One of the questions I have is regarding Adam. Does Islam teach that we all came from Adam and Eve and that they lived about 6000 years ago? That sounds like a fundamentalist Christian mentality if true...which I no longer believe. Is there room for evolution and the world being millions of years old in Islam? That is a big stumbling block for me. If Islam teaches there was no evolution and the world is only 6000 years old I don't know if I can accept that.

Shukran!

Assalamu Alaikum Bro :)

Yes indeed we all descend from Adam and Eve.

Regarding the Earth being 6000 years old... there is no such mention in Islam as far as I am aware.
There is room for evolution in Islam, however, there is no room for the theory that humans are descendants of primates.

I am sure one of the more knowledgeable Brothers and Sisters will elaborate on that :)

Any more questions, just ask :)

Salam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.