/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why most man muslim have a long beard?

de_ruutje
08-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Is that stated in Hadith as sunnah?
How about moustache and the other hair on human body?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hrm
08-25-2009, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by de_ruutje
Is that stated in Hadith as sunnah?
How about moustache and the other hair on human body?
Hi Friend :statisfie

Here are some authentic hadiths on as far as moustache and beard is concerned :

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)."
- Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498

"Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard" says Ibn Umar.
- Muslim, Hadith no. 449

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)said: "Act against contrary to the polythesists, trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 500

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "Trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Abu Hurairah (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

Having quoted the above hadiths, let it be known that there is no hadith or quranic ayat that catagorically states that those who are without beard will not enter jannah or they cannot become dear to Allah and his prophet s.a.w.
This has become such a heated topic in south asia that some maulvis and imams look down upon those who are without beard and especially in areas in afghnistan and northern pakistan,in very recent past, innocent muslims were stopped and spanked for not having beard and were even fined and people were forced to migrate. This forcable method of carrying a beard goes immediately against quranic exortation Surah Bakarah " La Akraha Fid Deen"- There is no compulsion in religion (of islam).

Unfortunately majority of those who are enforcing this trend are illitrates and are followers of different mathabs and the maulivs are interpreting the teaching of these mathabs to suit their own interests. Some of their interpretations are so rigid as to dishearten an ordinary muslim from following the tenets of islam.

My question to all those who are insisting on others to have beard are:
1, does having a beard make a muslim a better muslim?
2, does having no beard make a muslim a worse muslim?
3, Jews have longer beard than muslims, does that make them better than a muslim without beard?
4, Most of the Kuffars in the time of Rasul Allah , carried beard on their faces. What does that make them?

Having said all this, if any muslim alhumduallah wants to imitate our great prophet s.a.w and carry a beard inshallah he will get all the reward for it and more. But for the sake of Allah do not make this a matter of life and death. There are greater sunnah of the Nabi s.a.w which are not only ignored by muslims but they would not even like to talk about it, let alone implement it. I can cite so many examples here but it would take us away from the topic at hand.

May Allah keep muslameen and musleemaat on the right track, accept our fastings and make this ramadan a blessing in the shape of knowledge and hikmah. Aameen wa Inshallah
:wa:
:statisfie

Woodrow
08-25-2009, 07:46 PM
:sl:

I can only answer for myself. I have a long beard after over 60 beardless years, simply because Allaah(swt) finally allowed it to grow.

Before I reverted to Islam I tried many times to grow a beard and was unable to because of my genetic make up. Many of us who are part oriental have very little if any facial hair. I was one with virtually no facial hair except for a long sick mustache that looked like a wilted caterpillar. Any other facial hair occasionally grew in little colored patches and would fall out after a few weeks.

I was 65 years old when I said the Shahadah and the very first Ramadan after I said the Shahadah a beautiful white beard grew in and reached fist length in that single month. At the same time my sick mustache died and fell out. I will never trim or cut my beard. My beard is still white, has thickened and is still fist length. I see it as a gift from Allaah(swt) and that is why I have a long beard.

de_ruutje
08-26-2009, 02:29 AM
So, i think that's fine if we don't want to grow beard. Because the situation here is not really good for muslim, especially since the booming of terrorist, people try to getaway from Islam things although I know not all terrorist are muslim and none of the terrorist could be called as a muslim. I am really new in Islam, so thanks guy for your help.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mahfuja
08-26-2009, 02:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSoLFBFI1lk

north_malaysian
08-26-2009, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

I can only answer for myself. I have a long beard after over 60 beardless years, simply because Allaah(swt) finally allowed it to grow.

Before I reverted to Islam I tried many times to grow a beard and was unable to because of my genetic make up. Many of us who are part oriental have very little if any facial hair. I was one with virtually no facial hair except for a long sick mustache that looked like a wilted caterpillar. Any other facial hair occasionally grew in little colored patches and would fall out after a few weeks.

I was 65 years old when I said the Shahadah and the very first Ramadan after I said the Shahadah a beautiful white beard grew in and reached fist length in that single month. At the same time my sick mustache died and fell out. I will never trim or cut my beard. My beard is still white, has thickened and is still fist length. I see it as a gift from Allaah(swt) and that is why I have a long beard.
Masha Allah!!:D

hrm
08-26-2009, 06:48 AM

I was one with virtually no facial hair except for a long sick mustache that looked like a wilted caterpillar.
;D

I was 65 years old when I said the Shahadah and the very first Ramadan after I said the Shahadah a beautiful white beard grew in and reached fist length in that single month.
Alhumduallah wa SubhanAllah :statisfie

At the same time my sick mustache died and fell out. I will never trim or cut my beard. My beard is still white, has thickened and is still fist length. I see it as a gift from Allaah(swt) and that is why I have a long beard.
Alhumduallah wa SubhanAllah:statisfie

Woodrow
08-26-2009, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hrm
Alhumduallah wa SubhanAllah:statisfie

Jazakallah Khayran Akhi

Yes , it was an amazing thing. My ancestry is predominately Lietuva Lipkas (Lithuanian Tatar) The Tatars especially those like the Lipkas who have ancestors from both the Golden Horde and the White Horde normally do not have any facial hair except for a thin Mustache. It is not by choice, it is because of genetics.

Most Lipkas have predominate Caucasian features, except for the facial fur, but we usually prefer to be considered oriental or mongoloid.

We all need to be sensitive about Muslim Men who do not have a beard. Sometimes it is not by choice. There are Muslims who genetically can not grow a beard, no facial hair.

hrm
08-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Jazakallah Khayran Akhi

We all need to be sensitive about Muslim Men who do not have a beard. Sometimes it is not by choice. There are Muslims who genetically can not grow a beard, no facial hair.
:sl: Brother :statisfie
That is so true. I knew many chinese and south korean and thai friends in USA who were without beard. It has to do with the genetics of the race. SubhanAllah. This reminds me of an aya from Surah Fajr where Allah is taking an Oath " By the Dawn, and the Ten nights, and the even and the Odd ...."
Allah has created all even and odd things in this world and He wishes humankind to know that He is doer of what He wills.
There is so much variety in Allah's creation that humankind's small brain cannot encompass let alone study it completely. We can only try.
:wa: :statisfie

de_ruutje
08-27-2009, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hrm
:sl: Brother :statisfie
That is so true. I knew many chinese and south korean and thai friends in USA who were without beard. It has to do with the genetics of the race. SubhanAllah. This reminds me of an aya from Surah Fajr where Allah is taking an Oath " By the Dawn, and the Ten nights, and the even and the Odd ...."
Allah has created all even and odd things in this world and He wishes humankind to know that He is doer of what He wills.
There is so much variety in Allah's creation that humankind's small brain cannot encompass let alone study it completely. We can only try.
:wa: :statisfie
thanks, what a good word. The smartest one would be Allah and human brain cannot reach that level. He creates Odd and Even, and he is The Most Powerful.

al Amaanah
09-20-2009, 08:36 AM
:salamext:

^ brother, this (Surah Baqarah aya 185 "Allah intends for you ease and does not intends for you hardship") doesnt mean u should leave an obligatory act. if u do something for the sake of Allah, He will help u through it. many have experienced this, even in situations that may seem very difficult at first, walhamdulillah.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/75525

:w:

hrm
09-20-2009, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al Amaanah

^ brother, this (Surah Baqarah aya 185 "Allah intends for you ease and does not intends for you hardship") doesnt mean u should leave an obligatory act.
Amaanah :sl::statisfie

Can you please quote a quranic aya or an authentic hadis of rasul allah s.a.w where keeping a beard is an obligatory act????

Wasalamualikum wa rahamatAllah :statisfie

al Amaanah
09-20-2009, 09:01 AM
:wasalamex

^

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/8196

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/75525

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/70319

In al Saheehayn it is narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Cut the moustache and let the beard grow; be different from the mushrikeen.” In Saheeh al Bukhaari it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Cut the moustache and leave the beard alone; be different from the mushrikeen.” And in Saheeh Muslim it is narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Trim the moustache and let the beard grow; be different from the Magians (Zoroastrians).” It is obligatory upon every Muslim man to obey the command of Allaah to leave his beard alone and let it grow, and to cut and trim the moustache. The Muslim should not be deceived by the large numbers of people who go against this Sunnah and openly disobey their Lord.

Danah
09-20-2009, 09:05 AM
SubhanAllah I don't know why it's so hard to just follow the sunnah of our beloved prophet, we supposed to always think of what can help us to improve our deeds records instead of saying "but if we don't do it there is no harm"!!!
Are we very sure that what we have already in our records is enough to make us qualified to say such thing? We need anything to cling on and guarantee our places in Jannah, yet we are still making excuses that we are "still" okay if we don't do such and such!!!!

SubhanAllah!!!! What a blessing!! After 65 years it grew when you reverted!! That's really amazing

al Amaanah
09-20-2009, 09:21 AM

^ subhana Allah, very true ukht. may Allah forgive and guide us Allahomma ameen.

..يا أيها الذين امنوا أطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول

"O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger"

..من يطع الرسول فقد أطاع الله

"He who obeys the Messenger, has indeed obeyed Allah.."

both in soorah an nisa2, aayah 59 and 80.

ژاله
09-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Why most man muslim have a long beard?
:hmm: i think very few of them keep long beards.

hrm
09-20-2009, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
:hmm: i think very few of them keep long beards.
:sl: :statisfie
Very true.

khadija20
09-20-2009, 09:04 PM
it is sunnah to grow the beard not compulsory. as somebody has already stated in this thread Allah looks into the heart of a man and his deeds. a person with a beard could be the most evil man on this earth and causing all sorts of trouble if it was going to be a compulsory to do so people would say well that man is a follower of islam because hes sporting the beard but yet why is he doing so much evil so they are putting a bad name on the religion of Allah. people would say islam is evil religion and people without beards and doing good deeds, people would not evn know they are muslim or not because its compulsory to wear the beard. so thats why Allah made it sunnah as Allah is aware of the evil in a mans heart is different to that of a woman. the reason for men having a beard well they love the prophet mohammad pbuh so much that they want to follow him and protect their modesty also.. a non muslim girl would not be so attracted to a man with a long beard so its a modesty thing masallaah to all the brothers who are doing so i really admire and respect

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-21-2009, 12:02 AM

Hmm...now I know for sure today was Eid - it seems the Shayateen have been unchained and are already causing havoc and discord between Muslims.

Khayr, I'm going to close this thread (and clean it up).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.