/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dog Howling At Adhan ?

Anafam
08-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Hello my fellow brother and sister muslims, daily for the past 3 days there has been a dog howling at the fajr adhan next to my house.
I am very curious and also confused as to why he is howling at the adhan.

Its very annoying because my family is sleeping and they get disturbed from this dog's howling.
So if you know the reason behind this please post an answer or a comment, anything.

I would really appreciate your time...
Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
08-25-2009, 01:20 PM
At least the dog's wake lol. He is probably seeing the shaytaan who flees at the sound of adhaan.

But brother your family should be waking for Fajr prayers anyway, so the dog's howling shouldn't be disturbing anyone's sleep.

Anafam
08-25-2009, 01:24 PM
yes, we do wake up for prayers,but the howling is very annoying. unpleasant to the ears.

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 01:28 PM
I suppose asking neighbours to take the dog in would be out of the question. It seems you will have to bear it but you can make duaa and ask Allah to stop it. Ask Him for anything and everything, no matter how small.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Anafam
08-25-2009, 01:31 PM
I am afraid I can't do that.This is a stray dog.no owner. lol !

Anafam
08-25-2009, 01:32 PM
hmmm, dua thats is a good idea.

noorseeker
08-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Brother this happens in bangladesh, where the azaan is on loud speaker, when it is dark the dogs start howling.

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 01:47 PM
lol it's a stray dog in Bangladesh? Oh my! can't you drop him five miles off somewhere?

Anafam
08-25-2009, 01:50 PM
yes, but this dog is howling along with the adhan being recited and there a no other dogs with him.What I don't understand is why he does this everyday.

Is it a warning for the almighty allah? or is it some sort of a bad omen?

zakirs
08-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Well look at this, may be the dog was sleeping and it heard some loud sound and started barking without knowing that loud sound is coming from speakers ? :P

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 01:56 PM
^lol no not a bad omen. There is no place for superstitions in Islam bro.

Either the dog hates the noise.

He sees the shaytaan

Or he sees the mercy of Allah subhana wa ta 'ala descending upon the people. :)

There is a hadith where a man was reciting al Quran and his horse was going beserk. He mentioned this to the Propphet (saw) the next day, who PBUH told him that the horse was seeing 'mercy' descending due to man reciting al Quran. May Allah forgive me if I stated anything wrong. I will find this hadith for you inshaAllah.

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 02:01 PM
hamdulillah found a great site as a result.. :)

998. Al-Bara' bin `Azib (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: A man was reciting Surat Al-Kahf, and a horse was tied with two ropes beside him. As he was reciting, a cloud overshadowed him, and as it began to come nearer and nearer, the horse began to trample voilently. The man came to the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) in the morning and mentioned the incident to him. He (PBUH) said, "That was tranquillity which descended as a result of the recitation of the Qur'an.''

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/h...08/chap180.htm

AabiruSabeel
08-25-2009, 02:11 PM
:sl:

Most probably the dogs howl because they see the Shaitan fleeing. It's not because of the volume or the sound, because they howl even if you give the Azan without the speakers. And you can clearly see the difference between their howling and their usual barking.

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...9018bd9e820a40
It is narrated from Abu Hurairah (ra) that Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, "When the Adhan is pronounced Satan takes to his heels and passes wind with noise during his flight in order not to hear the Adhan. When the Adhan is completed he comes back, and again takes this heels when the Iqama is pronounced; and after its completion he returns again till he whispers into the hearts of the person and makes him remember things which he does not recall to his mind before the Salaat and that causes hem to forget how much he has prayed."

In another Hadith it is said,
"When you hear the barking of the dogs at night seek refuge in Allah from the devil." They see the devils and bark. In the night the devils spread about every where."

It could be possible the dog sees the Satan run at Azaan time and barks.

aamirsaab
08-25-2009, 03:04 PM
:sl:
It could simply be responding to the adhan. If birds can perform tawaf around the kabah (which I have seen with my own two eyes) I think it's quite possible the dog was responding to the adhan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.