/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with knees

Chadz
08-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Salaam all,
I am new to this site so please forgive me if this has been answered before. I have early stages of Artheritis in my knees and my doctor and physio have asked me to avoid kneeling on the floor, hense during salat performing Sajdah and Qaidah is needed to be avoided with knees on floor. I only recently started praying regularly (may Allah forgive me) and when at mosque saw some old guys who pray the whole namaz while seated on a chair. Can i pray in the same manner as them or is there a different approach for me. Your answers will be most welcome.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-25-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm not knowledgeable about this but from what I can make out of it...if you cannot kneel due to health and physical issues, you can sit on the chair. You can even pray lying on your bed, either way you must pray. My aunt has arthritis all over and she prays sitting on the chair.

InshaAllah someone else can answer better. That's just my guess.

:sl:

Mohamed_
08-25-2009, 07:46 PM
My dad also told me if someone is has "problem" with his/her body, for example he is in a hospital by car accident, then he doesn't need to pray like the others. So he can pray from his/her bed. So I think it's not problem, the main thing is you pray but as how as you can... I think this is a good thing to don't give it up. :)

kwolney01
08-25-2009, 07:57 PM
I agree with the others. Pray however you can. Standing, sitting, laying down it doesn't matter as long as you pray.

May Allah make things easy on you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Santoku
08-25-2009, 09:00 PM
I cannot help with the prayer problem, but for the arthritis in the joints I have a herbalist friend who swears by a paste made from turmeric powder applied to the joints, I don't like the way it can stain so I use codliver oil and devils claw tablets. They seem to work, but it may be pacebo effect.

Chadz
08-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Jazakallah for responces. I can pray while seated, iam able bodied and have no problem standing or kneeling just the doctor and physio have told me to avoid kneeling as it will make the knee worse, Santoku can you please elaborate on the herbal medicine, i may also try a knee pad and see if it is ok as i would prefer to do namaz the normal way but if i feel it is causing problems then will definetly do namaz seated. I did try to purchase a knee pad today but the seller could not confirm what it was made of thus will try to find somthing on the web.
Salaam

Santoku
08-26-2009, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chadz
Jazakallah for responces. I can pray while seated, iam able bodied and have no problem standing or kneeling just the doctor and physio have told me to avoid kneeling as it will make the knee worse, Santoku can you please elaborate on the herbal medicine, i may also try a knee pad and see if it is ok as i would prefer to do namaz the normal way but if i feel it is causing problems then will definetly do namaz seated. I did try to purchase a knee pad today but the seller could not confirm what it was made of thus will try to find somthing on the web.
Salaam
SHe says you take turmeric powder (available in Asian stores) and mix it to a thick paste with water and then spread that on the joint then you put a bandage over the paste to hold it in place for a couple of hours. Trouble is turmeric stains everything yellow, including you.

I get high strength codliver oil capsules and devils claw tablets from a company called healthspan. They also do glucosamine and msm tablets which are supposed to be quite good for joint repair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.