/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is there anything that does not have a purpose?

Alphadude
08-26-2009, 01:17 AM
:sl:

in this universe if we look at every single thing it could be a tree or a rock or sun or sky or earth etc everything has a purpose there isnt a single thing that i can think of that does not have a purpose i wanted to know if any of u know something that does not have a purpose?
allah created everything and gave a purpose to every living or not living thing the question remain what is the the thing that does not have a purpose.
example:

without water no plant or any other living thing could live
another example
bees

Bees are honey producers as well as indispensable actors in the pollinisation of flowers and plants. Bees are an element in the interactive ecosystem chain. The bee’s role is very important in the various life cycles of different species. Without bees, there would be no honey, but more importantly, certain plants would not be able to reproduce and would thus become extinct. In turn, this would lead to the disappearance of certain animal species

kinda sily question but i have this question in my mind for so long.:p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
08-26-2009, 08:19 AM

The Qur'aan answers your question;

"Not without purpose did We create heaven and earth and all between! that were the thought of Unbelievers! And woe unto those who disbelieve, from the Fire!"
[Qur'aan, Surah Sa'ad (Chapter 38), Verse 27]

Eric H
08-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Greetings and peace be with you khalid84;

Whist everything has a purpose, it still causes you to reflect and wonder.

What purpose does God have for the starving millions with no jobs and no real hope, what about the people born with deformities, what purpose can they have, what about refugees?

My grandfather’s house was burned down in the 1920’s and he had to flee from Turkey, Morocco, France, and Malta before coming to the UK during the Second World War, with no job or friends. My mum had multiple sclerosis and lost the use of her arms and legs for the last twenty years of her life, what purpose could she serve?

God’s ways are mysterious and the suffering of my grandparents and mother has had a profound affect on me.

In the spirit of searching for God

Eric

Alphadude
08-26-2009, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
The Qur'aan answers your question;

"Not without purpose did We create heaven and earth and all between! that were the thought of Unbelievers! And woe unto those who disbelieve, from the Fire!"
[Qur'aan, Surah Sa'ad (Chapter 38), Verse 27]
im asking for something that does not have a purpose and i know the quran is the answer but i asked do u see anythin that does not serve a puprose i mean everything is connected to each other with out one everything could go wrong. and please answer the question as asked
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

What purpose does God have for the starving millions with no jobs and no real hope, what about the people born with deformities, what purpose can they have, what about refugees?

My grandfather’s house was burned down in the 1920’s and he had to flee from Turkey, Morocco, France, and Malta before coming to the UK during the Second World War, with no job or friends. My mum had multiple sclerosis and lost the use of her arms and legs for the last twenty years of her life, what purpose could she serve?

God’s ways are mysterious and the suffering of my grandparents and mother has had a profound affect on me.

Eric
still the answer is not related to my question but thanks anyways

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- IqRa -
08-26-2009, 01:00 PM
im asking for something that does not have a purpose and i know the quran is the answer but i asked do u see anythin that does not serve a puprose i mean everything is connected to each other with out one everything could go wrong. and please answer the question as asked
The Qur'aan answers your question, so why do I need to answer it?! You asked 'Is there anything that does not have a purpose?' and the Qur'an says that everything heavens and the earth has a purpose. End of!

Afg
08-26-2009, 01:01 PM
:wa: How about Pluto? Do you think it has a purpose? If so, what purpose do you think it is? :D

- IqRa -
08-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Allaah knows best, but since the Qur'aan states everything has a purpose, we aren't in any position to make silly remarks, are we?

Afg
08-26-2009, 01:07 PM
^ Sis T.I.A, i think the brother meant that everything has a purpose, mashaAllah, and can we find anything that does not have a purpose?

Alphadude
08-26-2009, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afg
^ Sis T.I.A, i think the brother meant that everything has a purpose, mashaAllah, and can we find anything that does not have a purpose?
THANK YOU sis AFG :D right to the point and i aint questioning allah

Woodrow
08-26-2009, 01:13 PM

Eric
Peace Eric,

Many people on this Earth would say those are things that have no purpose. Yet, if any one of them did not happen somebody's life would be different today. All things that have happened did in some way serve to make today the day it is. The butterfly effect is real although it may not occur as portrayed in the romanticized version we often read. So, yes even pain,sorrow, and destruction do serve a purpose in the overall formation and future of mankind and all created things.

Afg
08-26-2009, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalid84
No prob bro :). And nice signature. Where do you come up with such signatures, if you dont mind?

- IqRa -
08-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh my god. That's exactly what I said.

Forget it.

zakirs
08-26-2009, 01:50 PM

Yes sis we will never know until Allah tells us what purpose all those things have.Sadly though , we have to wait till judgment day.Till then all we can do is pray :)

Eric H
08-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Greetings and peace be with you brother Woodrow;

Peace Eric,

Many people on this Earth would say those are things that have no purpose. Yet, if any one of them did not happen somebody's life would be different today. All things that have happened did in some way serve to make today the day it is. The butterfly effect is real although it may not occur as portrayed in the romanticized version we often read. So, yes even pain,sorrow, and destruction do serve a purpose in the overall formation and future of mankind and all created things.
God created everything with a purpose, but does that leave you wondering what this purpose is, and why.

Is everything created for a good purpose, what good purpose can there be for Satan to exist, or suffering,

Why did God give me a faith through Christianity, is it so I should try and convert you, :D or is there some other reason?

In the spirit of praying to One God who hears all our prayers.

Eric

Danah
08-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Is everything created for a good purpose, what good purpose can there be for Satan to exist, or suffering,
Greeting Eric

If Satan was not exist, then how we can prove that we are good believers?
can a student pass a specific course without being tested or questioned?

If there is no existence for hardships, then how we will value the happiness?
the same as if there is no salt, how you will feel the sweetness of sugar

Woodrow
08-26-2009, 02:47 PM
and Peace to you my Brother in Humanity

God created everything with a purpose, but does that leave you wondering what this purpose is, and why.
I am human like you and yes I do often wonder. I look back at the tragedies in my own life and in the lives of others. I can remember the times I worked in a rehab center with profoundly retarded, physically handicapped adults and wondered. I remember my years in combat as a Soldier and wonder.

But, over riding that wondering is a Faith that Allaah(swt) is the best of planners and he is very much in control. Although I may question and wonder,I do so without fear as I know the Universe is in good hands and all will unfold with the purpose intended.

Perhaps to just bring one person to understand Allaah(swt) by them being able to learn the logic of free choice. Mankind seems to show it's best face when faced with destruction. We are very stubborn creatures.

Why did God give me a faith through Christianity, is it so I should try and convert you, :D or is there some other reason?
Either or both. Other possibilities:

You are to be a trial I face and learn from.

I am a trial you are to face and learn from.

By having different views you are here on an Islamic Forum so that atheist members can see different views as to why we believe in the existence of a Creator.

An example to show Peaceful coexistence between Muslims and Christians is possible.

In the spirit of praying to One God who hears all our prayers.

Eric
And may all of us remember there is but one God(swt) no matter what name we know him by.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Lol ok T.I.A. answered the question already. You asked does anything not have a purpose and T.I.A concluded from the Qur'aan that everything has a purpose....which means there is no question left to be asked whether we can find anything that doesn't.

No matter how and in what way you wish to propose this question, Allah(swt) said EVERYTHING has a purpose, whether we find something or NOT.

It's not hard :phew :D

That's asking the same question but in a different manner. The answer is the same...so there's no purpose of asking that question when the first one has been answered.

Eric H
08-26-2009, 04:55 PM

But, over riding that wondering is a Faith that Allaah(swt) is the best of planners and he is very much in control. Although I may question and wonder,I do so without fear as I know the Universe is in good hands and all will unfold with the purpose intended.
Your faith and the faith of many other Muslims here convince me that God is also working through Islam too.

Originally Posted by Eric H
Why did God give me a faith through Christianity, is it so I should try and convert you, or is there some other reason?

I have to say I have never thought of you as a trial, but I have learned much from you.

By having different views you are here on an Islamic Forum so that atheist members can see different views as to why we believe in the existence of a Creator.
Could be possible, who knows.

An example to show Peaceful coexistence between Muslims and Christians is possible.
I believe this answer is nearest the truth, each and every one of us here on Earth has to be very special to God. It makes total sense that we should get on with each other despite all our differences.

In the spirit of praying to One God despite all our differences.

Eric

Woodrow
08-26-2009, 11:15 PM

I believe this answer is nearest the truth, each and every one of us here on Earth has to be very special to God. It makes total sense that we should get on with each other despite all our differences.

Eric
Peace my Brother in Humanity,

That does appear to be the most likely.

The world is shrinking by the minute. If we are to survive, peaceful coexistence is essential. We do not have to accept each others beliefs or mannerism. It only takes each of us understanding we are different and that differences need not become a reason for animosity.

Alphadude
08-27-2009, 01:58 AM
No prob bro :). And nice signature. Where do you come up with such signatures, if you dont mind?
pluto lol indeed it has a purpose and about the sig i find them and then edit them ad my own feeling or what ever u call it then ad it as my sig and some are writen by me:p

Forget it.
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
and Peace to you my Brother in Humanity

I am human like you and yes I do often wonder. I look back at the tragedies in my own life and in the lives of others. I can remember the times I worked in a rehab center with profoundly retarded, physically handicapped adults and wondered. I remember my years in combat as a Soldier and wonder.

Perhaps to just bring one person to understand Allaah(swt) by them being able to learn the logic of free choice. Mankind seems to show it's best face when faced with destruction. We are very stubborn creatures.

And may all of us remember there is but one God(swt) no matter what name we know him by.
thanks granpa for this great comment peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Lol ok T.I.A. answered the question already. You asked does anything not have a purpose and T.I.A concluded from the Qur'aan that everything has a purpose....which means there is no question left to be asked whether we can find anything that doesn't.

No matter how and in what way you wish to propose this question, Allah(swt) said EVERYTHING has a purpose, whether we find something or NOT.

It's not hard :phew :D

That's asking the same question but in a different manner. The answer is the same...so there's no purpose of asking that question when the first one has been answered.
yes but sister afgs answer was clear read it again or maybe it looks deferent to me hehe

Your faith and the faith of many other Muslims here convince me that God is also working through Islam too.

I have to say I have never thought of you as a trial, but I have learned much from you.

Could be possible, who knows.

Eric
indeed my my brother i wish every 1 can be like you :D
.................................................. .......................

the main point was here to find something that does not have a purpose lol i know there is nothing but just curious

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-27-2009, 02:05 AM

Well there are two ways of understanding this question. One way would be rhetorical, like it would mean everything has a purpose and no room for questioning whether or not we cna find anything else that has a purpose. THe second way would be how I answered it...

Other than that there isn't. Since you asked it like a real question, then what T.I.A. said and what I said would be your answer...I'm not sure how else you understood it.

Care to expand? :D

Alphadude
08-27-2009, 02:08 AM

Well there are two ways of understanding this question. One way would be rhetorical, like it would mean everything has a purpose and no room for questioning whether or not we cna find anything else that has a purpose. THe second way would be how I answered it...

Other than that there isn't. Since you asked it like a real question, then what sis T.I.A. said and what I said would be your answer...I'm not sure how else you understood it.

Care to expand? :D
hehe ok sis u got me and lets leave this to elders what they say

and this post ment to be like a game and a question not to talk so hard about it but its done know :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-27-2009, 02:11 AM
You gotta be kidding me. You tricked me...:phew

Alphadude
08-27-2009, 02:22 AM
You gotta be kidding me. You tricked me...:phew
haha i dont do tricks i think its haram lol

Woodrow
08-27-2009, 02:30 AM
I believe the general consensus is that all things have a purpose. I wonder what that means in relation to each of us?

To me it is a very sobering and humbling thought. No matter how insignificant or worthless something may appear to be at this moment, it just may be the seed or nucleus of a change for all of mankind. Even deeper and on a more personal level it means there is a reason for our existence. We are not here by random shifts of matter. To each of us is a purpose and to each of us comes the responsibility to fulfill that purpose.

Muhaba
08-27-2009, 02:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalid84;post1209750

in this universe if we look at every single thing it could be a tree or a rock or sun or sky or earth etc everything has a purpose there isnt a single thing that i can think of that does not have a purpose i wanted to know if any of u know something that does not have a purpose?
allah created everything and gave a purpose to every living or not living thing the question remain what is the the thing that does not have a purpose.
Beautiful question. I understood what you meant. Everything in this world has a purpose, even pluto, maybe it keeps the universe stable, Allah knows best, but everything in the world does have a purpose and noone will be able to find something that doesn't. This should be enough to refute athiest belief that everything came into being by itself. If everything had come into being by itself, then you would be able to find something in the world (an animal, plant, inanimate object, etc) that has absolutely no purpose.

Alphadude
08-27-2009, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
Beautiful question. I understood what you meant. Everything in this world has a purpose, even pluto, maybe it keeps the universe stable, Allah knows best, but everything in the world does have a purpose and noone will be able to find something that doesn't. This should be enough to refute athiest belief that everything came into being by itself. If everything had come into being by itself, then you would be able to find something in the world (an animal, plant, inanimate object, etc) that has absolutely no purpose.
are you saying that (an animal, plant, inanimate object, etc) that has absolutely no purpose. i dont think an animal or plant has no purpose it does have a purpose if u think im wrong i will give u some examples:D

Afg
08-27-2009, 03:06 AM

Forget it.
Oh im sry. Maybe i was just seeing it as something else when i read this,

The Qur'aan answers your question, so why do I need to answer it?! You asked 'Is there anything that does not have a purpose?' and the Qur'an says that everything heavens and the earth has a purpose. End of!

Muhaba
08-27-2009, 03:19 AM

are you saying that (an animal, plant, inanimate object, etc) that has absolutely no purpose. i dont think an animal or plant has no purpose it does have a purpose if u think im wrong i will give u some examples
No, brother, that is not what I said.

Alphadude
08-27-2009, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
No, brother, that is not what I said.
ok sorry sister maybe i got it wrong lol bcoz its how u wrote it:embarrass

- IqRa -
08-28-2009, 08:35 AM
I think the original question has been answered, no?

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.