/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I dont want Qiyamah (Judgement Day) to come...

AnonymousPoster
08-26-2009, 01:45 AM
I know Allah swt said it will happen and therefore I do not doubt it will, but I am just really scared of it. :skeleton:

Allah will ask you about all your intentions and I know that "not a soul will be wronged in the least" but still it scares the life out of me. Your stomach will even talk and say if you over eat!! The Ground will even speak about you, your hands and feet....!!!!!

A sheikh once said that Allah says you will only fear judgement day once, if you are scared now, you wont be then. If you are not scared now, you will be then. But he did not back this up, does anyone know the reference. It may not be legit, so I would really like a reference if anyone could help me out here.

Is there anything I can read that will definately protect me!

I read someonewhere in the Quran that Judgement say will cause childrens hair to turn white, I imagine out of fear! So what chance do I have! I am really scared of this, is there any provisons I could make!!

I honestly dont want it to come. I just dont want it to happen incase Allah is not happy with me!

I dont want to die, not because I am scared of death. but beacause of the test of the grave, this is stuff really scares me.

So, coming to my question lol.

Will everyone be scared on the Day of Judgement, is there anyway not to be. Is there anyway to not be afraid at all. Not even a little bit scared.

I would also like to ask about the punishements of the grave, when the two angels come to ask you your three questions. They are described as looking very scary, even to the believer, is this true? Is there anyone to protect yourself and not be scared here. Reading Surah Khaf maybe?

I would really like some hadith quotes and Quran quotes hopefully saying that not everyone will be scared either on judgement day or in the grave. Please help this is really scaring me, I am not joking at all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
gang4
08-26-2009, 04:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

So, coming to my question lol.

Will everyone be scared on the Day of Judgement, is there anyway not to be. Is there anyway to not be afraid at all. Not even a little bit scared.

I would also like to ask about the punishements of the grave, when the two angels come to ask you your three questions. They are described as looking very scary, even to the believer, is this true? Is there anyone to protect yourself and not be scared here. Reading Surah Khaf maybe?

I would really like some hadith quotes and Quran quotes hopefully saying that not everyone will be scared either on judgement day or in the grave. Please help this is really scaring me, I am not joking at all.
You are asking the living about the punishment of the grave...difficult questions to answer.

How about,
Leave those hard questions... Everything is returning back to Allah
Just trust Allah is Ar-Rahman, Ar-Rahim... Allah is our Maseer, our Wakeel
Just increase our Dzikr... SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar!

- IqRa -
08-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Not difficult at all.

There are many punishments of the grave described in various hadiths. I don't have them to hand right now, but there are some hadiths about the punishment of the grave that I do have to hand;

=

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
‘Surah al Mulk is the protector from the torment of the grave’

(Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Hakim 2/498 & Nasai)

Ibn Abbas (radiAllahu anhu) said that one of the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)’s companions set up his tent over a grave without realising that it was a grave and it contained a man who was reciting the Surah Tabarakallahi Biyadihil Mulk up to the end. He went and told the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) who said,
‘It is The Defender; it is The Protector which safeguards from Allah Ta’ala’s punishment.’
(at-Tirmidhi)

Khalid bin Madam (tabie) said about surat Al Mulk and ‘As Sajda that these two surahs will fight for their reciter in the grave and will say,
‘O Allah! If we belong to your book, accept our intercession in his favour. In case we do not, get us obliterated. These surahs will spread their wings like birds and will save the person from the torment of the grave.’
(Mishkat al-Misbah)

It was narrated that Abdullah ibn Mas’ud said:
Whoever reads Tabarakallahi Biyadihil Mulk [i.e. Surah al-Mulk] every night, Allah will protect him from the torment of the grave.
At the time of the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaiyhi wasalam) we used to call it al-mani’ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allah it is a surah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well.
(an-Nasa’i)

Source

syilla
08-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Fear of the day of judgement and death are very good ukhtee.

There are lots of hadiths tell that fear will grant you paradise.

It is better to have fear than not to have it at all. :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asim Khan
08-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Subhanallah! You've definately got the attitude of a believer. I learned from Dr. Israr Ahmed that only the hypocrites consider themselves perfect believers, while believers are worried about ridding even very minute signs of hypocracy. He takes the help of this hadith:

Sahih Muslim. Version 1.03 - Translated by Abdul Hamid Siddiqui
Book 37: The Book Pertaining to Repentance and Exhortation to Repentance (Kitab Al-Tauba) >> Chapter 3: THE EXCELLENCE OF CONSTANT REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAH AND MEDITATION IN THE AFFAIRS OF THE HEREAFTER AND PERMISSION OF ABANDONING IT AT TIMES AND ATTENDING TO THE AFFAIRS OF THE WORLD

Book 37, Number 6623:
Hanzala Usayyidi, who was amongst the scribes of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). reported: I met Abu Bakr. He said: Who are you? He (Hanzala) said: Hanzala has turned to be a hypocrite. He (Abu Bakr) said: Hallowed be Allah, what are you saying? Thereupon he said: I say that when we are in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) we ponder over Hell-Fire and Paradise as if we are seeing them with our very eyes and when we are away from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) we attend to our wives, our children, our business; most of these things (pertaining to After-life) slip out of our minds. Abu Bakr said: By Allah, I also experience the same. So I and Abu Bakr went to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said to him: Allah's Messenger, Hanzala has turned to be a hypocrite. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: What has happened to you? I said: Allah's Messenger, when we are in your company, we are reminded of Hell-Fire and Paradise as if we are seeing them with our own eyes, but whenever we go away from you and attend to our wives, children and business, much of these things go out of our minds. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if your state of mind remains the same as it is in my presence and you are always busy in remembrance (of Allah), the Angels will shake hands with you in your beds and in your paths but, Hanzala, time should be devoted (to the worldly affairs) and time (should be devoted to prayer and meditation). He (the Holy Prophet) said this thrice.

I heard brother Waleed Basyouni on Peace TV, in the program Journey of the Believers (or possibly some other speaker) that in the grave, one's good deeds come in the form of a person to comfort him, and that the more pious souls actually don't spent time in the grave. For these souls he quoted:

41:30. Lo! those who say: Our Lord is Allah, and afterward are upright, the angels descend upon them, saying: Fear not nor grieve, but hear good tidings of the paradise which ye are promised.

41:1. We are your protecting friends in the life of the world and in the Hereafter. There ye will have (all) that your souls desire, and there ye will have (all) for which
ye pray.

Sheikh Yusuf Estes says again and again that salah right on time is loved by Allah. If the salah is in order then one passes (bypasses all of the lengthy hisaab). Umm, this is one hadith regarding coming secure:

Hadith Qudsi 23:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection:
'Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade under My shade, the day when there is no shade but My shade.'"

Proud of Islam
08-26-2009, 07:52 PM
In fact your post can be a reminder for those who commit sins and don't fear from that Day! Personally, it really benefited me, so Jazak Allah Khair..

The only thing you need is to make it a "positive" fear that leads you to increase your good deeds and scares you when thinking about any sin.. We should have a balance between the feeling of fear and hope..

Beside the Hadiths about the punishments in the grave, there are others about blissfulness and rest in the grave.. It depends on the person's deeds..
We have to combine our fear & hope.. I mean avoiding sins because of fear, and worshiping more because of our hope that Allah will reward us insha Allah..
And if you notice in the holy Quran, the verses usually talk about both sides..
Allah says:
[7:99] but no one can feel secure from the Plan of Allah, except those (doomed) to ruin!
[12:87] truly no one despairs of Allah's Soothing Mercy, except those who have no faith

Allah says:
[3:106] On the Day when some faces will be (lit up with) white, and some faces will be (in the gloom of) black

Allah says:
[7:167] Most surely your Lord is quick to requite (evil) and most surely He is Forgiving, Merciful.

Allah says:
[82: 13&14] As for the Righteous, they will be in bliss; And the Wicked - they will be in the Fire

Allah says: [101: 6-9] Then as for him whose measure of good deeds is heavy, He shall live a pleasant life. And as for him whose measure of good deeds is light, His abode shall be the abyss.

And many other verses that combine the two sides..
See the following Hadith in Sahih Muslim:
'Ala' reported on the authority of his father who reported on the authority of Abu Huraira that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: If a believer were to know the punishment (in Hell) none would have the audacity to aspire for Paradise (but he would earnestly desire to be rescued from Hell), and if a non-believer were to know what is there with Allah as a mercy. none would have been disappointed in regard to Paradise.

So, the scholars said we should have two feelings: when worshipping Allah, we should have hope that Allah will accept our good deeds and think about the mercy of Allah.. But when committing a sin, we should fear of Allah in order not to do it..

Let me here tell you a nice thing that I've read:
Allah says:
[7:167] Most surely your Lord is quick to requite (evil) and most surely He is Forgiving, Merciful.
Here Allah talked about His punishment first, because this verse is threatening for non-believers..

However, Allah says:
[15:49 & 50] Tell My servants that I am indeed the Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful; And that My Penalty will be indeed the most grievous Penalty.
Here Allah talked about his mercy first, because this verse is talking about Allah Himself; His Full Attributes, so His mercy got before His punishment..

We all have to try to keep a balance and remember the fact that we usually forget.. I mean if a person is always making sins or lazy when worshipping because of his feeling of the mercy of Allah, s/he should remember the punishment and try to fear more.. But if a person is always doubting whether Allah accepted his worshipping and always over scared till his life became black because of his knowing of the punishment of Allah, s/he should remember the mercy of Allah and try to think more about how Allah is the Most Merciful, how Allah is merciful for a person more that the mercy of a mother to his child.. Feeling the mercy of Allah is really the thing that makes us happy when worshipping, makes us rested when feeling that Allah is our Merciful God..

Ibn Al qayem said:
The heart in its journey to Allah is like a bird. Love is its head and fear & hope are its wings. Whenever the head and both wings are good, it can fly very well. But if the head is cut, the bird died. And if one (or both) of the wings is cut, the bird is susceptive for any hunter.. I like this saying :sunny: So we have to love Allah, fear of Allah and have hope of His mercy to keep our bird (heart) safe..

Remember that in the graves, there are people punished and others rested.. Remember that in The Day of Judgment, there will be people punished and others rested..
Just start doing good deeds and avoid the bad ones..

May Allah keep all of us & rest us in the Paradise insha Allah :sunny:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Longing for the Paradise (Al-Jannah) where the endless happiness…

abu_musab461
08-26-2009, 07:57 PM
you can always try fighting in the Casue of Allah and becoming shaheed, that way you wont face the trials of the grave or the fear on the Day of Judgement

Sari
08-26-2009, 11:25 PM
I am really liking this thread and especially the very good reply by "Proud of Islam" - MashaAllah, a really good, inspiring and informative reply.

I often feel like the original poster, but i guess this is how any believer should always feel, and constant good deeds and prayer is the only thing that will keep "topping up" our hope for relief on that day and in the qabr, and continuously "extinguish" the fears which will keep appearing again.

format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
you can always try fighting in the Casue of Allah and becoming shaheed, that way you wont face the trials of the grave or the fear on the Day of Judgement
Can i ask what you mean by that? Well i know what you mean, but in this day and age i am am genuinly curious how you can knowingly literally fight in the cause of Allah and become shaheed, apart from cases like where someone is defending their religion in a unique scenario. But surely noone can go and TRY to be shaheed?

cat eyes
08-26-2009, 11:53 PM
i fear judgement day also i even dream about it like one day i was out shopping and it happened lol i woke up then :phew i think it would not be healthy if you didn't fear judgement day but i hate that feeling that you get i suppose we just should say thanks to Allah instead taking tension bout it and stressing.. i think it makes you a better muslim talking about judgement day and learning about it so don't worry

AnonymousPoster
08-27-2009, 01:41 AM
THANK YOU ALL!

So if you good deed are what save you,

what deeds in the eyes of Allah are most great?

I know looking after your mother is unbelivable high, are there any others that are greater or close to it.

Would I be correct in thinking that good deeds refers to something that helps someone else out? Does a good deed include listening and reciting the Quran?

Jazak Allah Khair for all your replies. Inshallah Allah will instill the right amount of fear for Him and the Day in all the true belivers. Amen.

markislam
08-27-2009, 10:15 AM
I am ready for the judgement day all the answers to the world will be revealed on that day

Uthman
08-27-2009, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
what deeds in the eyes of Allah are most great?
Check out these ahadeeth Insha'Allah:

Abu 'Amr ash-Shaybani said, "The owner of this house (and he pointed at the house of 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud) said, "I asked the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, which action Allah loves best. He replied, 'Prayer at its proper time.' 'Then what?' I asked. He said, 'Then kindness to parents." I asked, 'Then what?' He replied, 'Then jihad in the Way of Allah.'" He added, "He told me about these things. If I had asked him to tell me more, he would have told me more."[Al Adab Al Mufrad]

Abu Hurayrah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When a man dies, all of his good deeds are cut off, except three: recurring charity, knowledge by which people continue to benefit, or a pious child, who prays for him (for the deceased). [Saheeh Muslim: Book#13, #4005]

Asim Khan
08-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Jazak Allah brother Uthman for giving the reference.

format_quote Originally Posted by Sari
I am really liking this thread and especially the very good reply by "Proud of Islam" - MashaAllah, a really good, inspiring and informative reply.
Yes mashallah, I feel jealous of her; but alhumdulillah at the same time I've become more aware of my (over) slacking. I think more like brother Mark, but I'm really far from having a clean slate like him. At times I just go: "yup, I've got it made. Soon I'll be playing all manner of fantastic edutainment games (in paradise)." I was doing great a while back but I've moved a little bit in the direction of ending up earning much worse than :hiding: (replace hammer with large stone). I don't think I've (been spoon-fed and) memorized more than one juz of the Quran (let alone knowing Arabic and thus having plain access to it), but I'm not sure if I can actually say I've recently been totally and completely removed from the attitude: (Dr. Israr Ahmed's ad) "Oos shaks ka Quran par koee eman nahee, jo oos kee haram karda cheez ko apnay leeay halal thera-ay *disgusted*." (The man is devoid of eman in the Quran, who takes its haram declared thing(s) as halal for himself).

Saheeh Bukhari, Volume 2, 468:
Narrated Samura bin Jundab:
Whenever the Prophet finished the (morning) prayer, he would face us and ask, "Who amongst you had a dream last night?" So if anyone had seen a dream he would narrate it. The Prophet would say: "Ma sha'a-llah". One day, he asked us whether anyone of us had seen a dream. We replied in the negative. The Prophet said, "But I had seen (a dream) last night that two men came to me [Jibreel AS and Mikaeel AS the prophet SAW said later in this long hadith], caught hold of my hands, and took me to the Sacred Land (Jerusalem). [...] They told me to proceed on and we went on till we came to a man Lying flat on his back, and another man standing at his head carrying a stone or a piece of rock, and crushing the head of the Lying man, with that stone. Whenever he struck him, the stone rolled away. The man went to pick it up and by the time he returned to him, the crushed head had returned to its normal state and the man came back and struck him again (and so on). I said, 'Who is this?' [...]

The one whose head you saw being crushed is the one whom Allah had given the knowledge of Qur'an (i.e. knowing it by heart) but he used to sleep at night (i.e. he did not recite it then) and did not use to act upon it (i.e. upon its orders etc.) by day; and so this punishment will go on till the Day of Resurrection. Btw, the correspondence for this in the New Testament is in:

Matthew 5:19. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I couldn't find the reference for the hadith similar to the one below (but more conditional):

Rejoice, for verily this Qur'an - one part of it is in the hands of Allah and the other part is in your hands. Therefore, hold on to it, for you will never be destroyed nor go astray after it! (Musnad Ahmad).

Some companions were discussing/teaching each other Quran (Dr. Israr Ahmed used a term different than the single teacher dars). The prophet saw asked them if they acknowledged him as the messenger sent by Allah (and possibly one or two other things). When they replied in the affirmative he said to them to rejoice for what they were doing. Oh, now I'm not sure, the above hadith could have been part of this one, but in any case we also need to weigh up ourselves against:

4:65. But nay, by thy Lord, they will not believe (in truth) until they make thee judge of what is in dispute between them and find within themselves no dislike of that which thou decidest, and submit with full submission.

Oh, this might be something new for the original poster and brother Mark, but the prophet saw almost made it fard to brush the teeth before wudu (its a very strong sunnah).

Proud of Islam
09-04-2009, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sari
format_quote Originally Posted by Asim Khan
Yes mashallah, I feel jealous of her;
Thanks a lot sis & bro ^^

May Allah help us to fear Him & have hope as well..

----------------------------------------------------------------

Longing for the Paradise (Al-Jannah) where the endless happiness…

abs
09-04-2009, 02:43 PM
the three question will be asked and then a 4th even though they r known as 3 questions
the 4th 1 will b how do u know all dis?

u will reply (if u wer a good prson) from the lifestyle of my beloved prophet and and the belief of the unseen me and the prophets ummah had

Muslimlearner
09-04-2009, 03:08 PM
If you don't want Qiama,die as a shaheed :)

I fear the answers which we will give in Qiama will be those which Allah SUT wants us to give....some of us are made to be in Hellfire..
Insha-Allah Ta'ala all of us to enter Paradise!

Mohamed_
09-04-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm also scared of the Judgement Day. But I'm excited aswell.
Scared of how I will stand infront of Allah, how I will remember to my life and what he will bring me. Unlimited happiness, affection and beauty or unlimited suffering, horror and pain.
But I'm excited of he will look at me as who done his "mission" in life and been a good muslim.

I think the death's like (if you die by an accident) then you feel the pain 'till your soul is in your body, when it go away to Allah then you forget all the pains you had in your whole life and forget all the problems.
But if you die in your dream then you die painless and then Allah may save you from the pain and call you to himself.

I hope when I will stand infront of him I can answer to his question and he let me enter to his realm.

I'm sure he will choose me the right reward I deserve.

FarTaha Theory
10-27-2021, 08:27 AM
Assalamualikum my Brother,

What brought me here is due to the same fear that I have, Alhamdulillah.

That exact ayah in Surah Muzzammil frightened me, astaghfirallah.

So I went to my local imaam, and he describes that ayah to me as such:

That is NOT talking about the Day of Judgment (Astaghfirallah, may Allah protect you and me brother, and may Allah protect all the Believers and guide all the ones who we love on the right path, ameen)
My imaam said that that ayah is referring to when the Trumpet is blown (the first time). He describes that when that trumpet will be blown, there will be NO Muslims alive at that time (because this will be end of times and one of the occurances of the end of times is a wind coming and taking away the souls of the Believers).
So I asked him, "Do we hear that Trumpet even though we're dead?"
He said, No, because Allah doesn't want His Believers to go through such a torment, astaghfirallah.

So then I asked, how afraid will we be if we are Believers on the Day of Judgment?
He then described that it would be a fear that we could have in this world, mainly at the fact that the Day has arrived and it is... NOW (astaghfirallah my brother), but he describes it as a fear that is bearable.

To further this point, the time when the people will run to the Prophets and ask them to ask our Raab to start the Judgement, from what I am seeing in the hadith, there are a few different groups of people that are in this hadith. How do I think this? By the hadith when it says "The people will say, ‘Do you not see what [calamity] has afflicted you? Why do you not look for someone to intercede to your Rabb on your behalf?’"
So this shows to me that there are going to be people who are there to witness the suffering of a group of people, so they suggest them to a way that would take them away from their misery.
ALSO, the Prophets reply with I only care for myself because they are being asked to ask Allah for something on a Day when Allah is upset, and they all have their own reasons to why they can't ask, so they're thinking maybe something along the lines of.... how could I have the audacity to ask Allah something like that... you're on your own, go ask someone else.
And another great point, is the fact that the Prophets themselves are not part of the people who are running to the other Prophets one by one. Think about it. Every-time the Prophets tell the people to go ask the other Prophets, they don't go along with them... from my understanding of the Hadith.
https://hadithanswers.com/nabi-sallallahu-alayhi-wa-sallams-concern-for-his-ummah-on-the-day-of-qiyamah/

To even FURTHER my point further, we see in Surah Yaaseen
55: "The people of Paradise this day will engage in joyful pursuits"
So I'm under the impression that maybe the Believers who excpect this Day to come, will be eager to meet their Lord. Continue below...

Of course, Allah knows best. But I have come across these different theories that would leave me in hope and praying that Believers on THAT Day, will not be suffering, nor grieving... Insha'Allah! And may Allah make us among those who are the most noble of righteous slaves of His, ameen. And may Allah protect us on the Day where there is no protection except from Allah, and may Allah protect us from the fear and torment that Day, ameen. May Allah allow us to wake up on that Day EAGER to see what happens, from the Mercy of Allah allowing us NOT to fear anything on that Day. May Allah make us among those who do not stand before Allah with our sins to be judged, ameen. May Allah allow us easy access to Jannah without any difficulties. And may Allah allow us all to pass through the Siraat with speeds faster than lightening, ameen yaa Raab!! Alhamdulillah.

Love you Brother/Sister/Family.
Find me on FarTaha Theory on Instagram and message me, I'd love to connect with my fellow Muslim family. Alhamdulillah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.