/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ramadan's news letter day 4

manhag
08-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Verse of the Day

The Lord of the Universe

rabbi alAAalameena

The word Rab which has been translated into `Lord' stands for (a) Master and Owner, (b) Sustainer,

Provider and Guardian, (c) Sovereign, Ruler, Administrator and Organizer. Allah is the Lord of the Universe in all these senses

Today's Invocation

'A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) usedto make these supplications:

" O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from thetrial of Hell-Fire; and from the torment of Hell-Fire; and from thetrial of the grave and torment of the grave; and from the evil of thetrial of the affluence and from the evil of the trial of poverty andI seek refuge in Thee from the evil of the turmoil of the Dajjal. OAllah, wash away my sins with snow and hail water, purify my heart fromthe sins as is purified the white garment from the dirt, and keep awayat a distance the sins from me as yawns the distance between the Eastand the West; O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from sloth, from senility,from sin, and from debt."

Sahih Bukhari: Chapter 14, Book 035, Number 6534

Q & A

Stopping one's period during Ramadan

Some women take pills in Ramadan to stop their periods. They do this so that they will not have to make up any fasts afterwards. Is this permissible and are there any restrictions on their doing this?

Praise be to Allah.

I think that women should not do this and they should remain on the menstrual cycle that Allah has decreed for them and for all the daughters of Adam. There is wisdom behind it and a reason for which Allah created it, and this wisdom befits the nature of women. If a woman tries to stop this cycle, it will undoubtedly have a harmful effect on her body, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "There should be neither harming nor reciprocating harm." This is besides the fact that these pills can do harm to the uterus as the doctors have stated. What I think with regard to this issue is that women should not use these pills. Praise be to Allah for His decree and wisdom. When a woman's period comes, she should stop fasting and praying, and when her period is over she should resume fasting and praying; when Ramadan is over she should make up the fasts that she has missed.

Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen

Quote of the Day

Ibn Al Qayem said:

"Scholars have agreed that the sins done in privacy are the origin of relapses; and that worshiping in seclusion is the greatest reason of steadiness"

Deed of the Day

Double your specified amount of Quran recitation, or increase it by a part. Ask Allah's forgiveness by thousand times, (at least 10 thousand).

Supplicate to Allah at least in half an hour, never the less in your sjood. May Allah Straighten what has been spoiled from our hearts.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.