/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I cant do it!!!!!

AnonymousPoster
08-26-2009, 04:26 PM
:sl:

i have a issue and its been going on for a while now.

i struggled with waswas when it came to wadu and after over comming that i started whith the recitation of the Quran.I use to have to read out lound when i prayed even in Duhr and Asr but it got a little better but i still cant read to myself.is my Salah complete if i read with out making a sound.

i am worried that i am not saying it correct.y therefore i have to say it so i can hear it and make sure i say it right.its not waswas anymore,more like just a bit worried that my Salah will not be accepted if i dont pronounce the words correctly

is it okay to be completely silent when reading the Quran?like u just read it in your head wih out making any sounds

its also bad b/c in tarweeh i cant read Fatiha loud b/c it distracts everyone else'

plz help!!!
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mathematician
08-26-2009, 05:41 PM
subhan Allah. La hawla wa la Quwwata illa billah.

As a general rule, to "read" something in your head doesn't bring you any reward. To get rewarded by Allah you must utter something with your mouth. You have to do that.

Your situation is much simpler than you think. Read or recite the Qur'an out loud outside of prayer. Spend maybe half an hour to an hour a day on reading/reciting the Qur'an and you will see that the whispers will go away. But if you are going to get in the "lazy" mode and not even read the Qur'an then to be honest there isn't much hope.

This is because someone who cannot utter Allah's words (except due to possible health reasons) is right between shaytan's fingers. He can then make guide you to do things that are not good for you.

A person who recites/reads the Qur'an will get the extra blessing of having his soul command him to obey Allah. If you read the Qur'an in your "head" then you are missing on this blessing.

Best of luck.

AnonymousPoster
08-26-2009, 06:13 PM
sorry i dont understand....

my problem is that i read too loud in Salahs that require you to read to yourself.it has nothing to do with me not wanting to read,i just have a issue when it comes to reading to yourself or whispering

Proud of Islam
08-26-2009, 06:26 PM

Assalamu Alikom..

Quran recitation in Salah should be like what our prophet Mohammad peace be upon him did.. You know, as mentioned in Sunna, men should recite the Quran loudly in Fajr, Magrib and Isha in the first two Rakaats, and silently in the next Rakaats, and also silently in all the Dohur and Asr prayers..
And women should always recite silently..
When we say silently it means that you have to recite by your tongue and lips, and not saying it just in your heart.. Silently also means that making your voice as just what allows you listen to yourself.. So it's different than reciting loudly where all people can hear your recitation clearly..
Hope you got what I mean..

its also bad b/c in tarweeh i cant read Fatiha loud b/c it distracts everyone else'
In Taraweeh or any prayers when the Imam (leader) recites the Holy Quran, you should listen to him and you don't need to repeat Al Fatiha.. However, in the prayers when the Imam is reciting silently, you have to recite by yourself silently as well..

Try your best to ignor waswas..And let me here tell you this Hadith:
From Bukhari: 6.459: Narrated Aisha: The Prophet peace be upon him said: "Such a person as recites the Qur'an and masters it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (in Heaven). And such a person exerts himself to learn the Qur'an by heart, and recites it with great difficulty, will have a double reward."

A double reward means: One reward for reciting and another reward for the added effort. So you don't have to be worry or have more waswas.. Your Salah will be accepted insha Allah as long as you are reciting Al Fatiha correctly or as long as you are learning and doing your best when reciting.. Al Fatiha is the only chapter that we recite as obligation in the prayers and you will have double reward insha Allah when trying your best to recite it correctly..

Remember that Allah says: [2:286] "Allah does not impose upon any soul a duty but to the extent of its ability"
Allah knows our abilities and He is (Arrahman Arraheem) The Most Compassionate, Beneficent, Gracious and The Most Merciful..

Even in Wudo, if you learned how to do it well, you don't have to be worry insha Allah.. Remember that the prophet Mohammad peace be upon him and his companions was making ablution (Wudo) with elder tools which are difficult comparing with what we have nowadays.. So it should be easier for us insha Allah :sunny:
Don't let the Shaitan to waste your time in waswas..

May Allah rest your soul from waswas and reward you immensely for your worship insha Allah..

----------------------------------------------------------------

Longing for the Paradise (Al-Jannah) where the endless happiness…

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
08-27-2009, 05:23 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl:

i have a issue and its been going on for a while now.

i struggled with waswas when it came to wadu and after over comming that i started whith the recitation of the Quran.I use to have to read out lound when i prayed even in Duhr and Asr but it got a little better but i still cant read to myself.is my Salah complete if i read with out making a sound.

i am worried that i am not saying it correct.y therefore i have to say it so i can hear it and make sure i say it right.its not waswas anymore,more like just a bit worried that my Salah will not be accepted if i dont pronounce the words correctly

is it okay to be completely silent when reading the Quran?like u just read it in your head wih out making any sounds

plz help!!!
sounds familiar. best thing to do is ignore it! really, just ignore it. there is no other way around it. doubts create further doubts *take it from me :p). the same way you think you are saying something wrong, is the exact same way you could be saying it right, right? :D just recite as you normally do, and trust Allah that you are saying it correctly.
there is only so much we can do sis. don't do more than is asked of you, otherwise you will dig yourself a hole you cant get out of.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!