/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I would like to bring the truth about Rifka bary who converted to Christianity

rbary
08-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Dear Readers,

These are facts that might be hidden to a normal blogger while refering or reading about The Rifqa Bary Scandal, which I wanted to highlight here since everyone conveniently and stupidly seem to jump onto one side. They cry falsely under the pretexts of "SAVING RIFKA BARY".
Is it logic to save a child from his/her own parents? And whom do you think would love a child more than his or her own parents? So the actual lines SHOULD read: "SAVING RIFKA BARY FROM THE BRAIN WASHING AND DECEPTION."

Teenage confusion and Pastor Lorenz Blake
This mess in hand is not about changing of faiths or beliefs. This is a question of teenage confusion and all that which is associated with teenagers in growing stage. Many young children undergo a lot of questioning and a lot of learning takes place at this age through trial and error and not through examining facts leading to solid conviction about what is right and wrong.

It is not common at all that a young teenager would take any interest in religion. Be it Christianity, Islam or any other religion. It is only known that teenagers pay higher attention and show keen interest on entertainment, fun, games and alike. Therefore in this case there is a higher role played by who ever takes the figure of teacher/mentor/guide.

These teachers and guides come under two categories.
1. the ones truly authorized to do so with the full agreement and knowledge of the parents and the child for eg. A teacher in a school, a school counselor, sports coach.
2. The ones who are not authorized because they are total outsiders and they lack the approval of the parents to guide their children for eg. A pastor, a counselor not known to the family, a bus conductor, or any Tom, Dick and Harry.

pls visit http://letthetruthbeknownnow.blogspot.com for the truth

rbary

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Azy
08-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Many schools have a resident pastor, would you object to them teaching a child?

rbary
08-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Here the question is not teaching its converting, No real Christian will convert a teen who is at 16 except for a cult group like “Global Revolution Church”. Think about your child converted to any other religion at the same age will you take it.

glo
08-28-2009, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rbary
This mess in hand is not about changing of faiths or beliefs. This is a question of teenage confusion and all that which is associated with teenagers in growing stage. Many young children undergo a lot of questioning and a lot of learning takes place at this age through trial and error and not through examining facts leading to solid conviction about what is right and wrong.

It is not common at all that a young teenager would take any interest in religion. Be it Christianity, Islam or any other religion. It is only known that teenagers pay higher attention and show keen interest on entertainment, fun, games and alike. Therefore in this case there is a higher role played by who ever takes the figure of teacher/mentor/guide.

rbary
Do you think 17 is too young to make a conscious decision about his/her religion/faith/way of life?

Would a 17-year-old be considered too young/immature to make the decision to embrace Islam?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
08-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Who is Rifka Barry? I can't access the blogspot site since my isp doesnt allow it.

rpwelton
08-28-2009, 01:44 PM
While I think 17 is a perfectly acceptable age for someone to make a conscious decision to decide which religion to follow (there are many stories about kids as young as 13 embracing Islam), it all depends on the circumstances of how this happened.

I suppose the evangelical Christians are usually perceived as being more aggressive when it comes to converting (as I was witness to myself), although this is not representative of all Christians.

I'm not sure what the circumstances are in such a case, but so long as this person was not coerced into becoming a Christian by use of force, threats, or some other questionable means, then I don't see why she can't make a decision on her own (granted, the decision she made is wrong, in my opinion). It may very well be that this person becomes Muslim again later in life, who knows.

I myself became a "born again" Christian at around this age (actually a bit younger, at 15 or 16), but it wasn't until later in life I realized the errors of my ways. I was not forced into it, but I will admit that I didn't full grasp the true nature of Christianity when I "converted" and it was very much an emotional response rather than some deeper understanding. Of course I came to learn more about my religion when I began to question it, and then that's when I discovered Islam.

glo
08-28-2009, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton
Of course I came to learn more about my religion when I began to question it, and then that's when I discovered Islam.
Is it possible that the reverse is the case here?
That Rifka Barry came to question Islam and discovered Christianity in the process?

Like you I don't know the full background to this story, and it being the holy month of Ramadan, I guess we should try and refrain from religious debate ...

Perhaps we can agree to pray for this young women, for her family and all that are involved in this case; pray that Rifka Barry will receive justice and security; and pray that God will protect her and guide her to the Truth.

rpwelton
08-28-2009, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Is it possible that the reverse is the case here?
That Rifka Barry came to question Islam and discovered Christianity in the process?

Like you I don't know the full background to this story, and it being the holy month of Ramadan, I guess we should try and refrain from religious debate ...

Perhaps we can agree to pray for this young women, for her family and all that are involved in this case; pray that Rifka Barry will receive justice and security; and pray that God will protect her and guide her to the Truth.
Yes, it's quite possible she was investigating Islam and decided to become a Christian.

EDIT: I found a link to this story here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8303567&page=1

Certainly if her dad did threaten her with death, then this is entirely against Islam.

Humbler_359
09-01-2009, 07:31 AM
"What these people are trying to do is not right — I don't think any religion will teach to separate the kids from their parents," he said.

Rifqa's family, including her older brother, have told 10TV News that the accusations of honour killings, and the alleged threat to her life, only came after her meetings with Pastor Blake Lorenz, who leads Global Revolution Church in Orlando.

Honour killings are not common place in Sri Lanka. The practise of honour killings has very little to do with religion. Honour killings have been carried out in the past by Hindu's in India and Muslims in Afghanistan. The practise is common place in parts of the Middle East as well. But thankfully it is not tolerated in Sri Lanka. In Iraq, a whole village took part in the stoning of Dua Khali, a 17 year old, stoned to death in public for falling in love with a Sunni Muslim. Dua was killed by people of the Yazidi faith. If the same was to happen in Sri Lanka, neighbours and onlookers would have intervened and called the police.

Honour killings do not exist in Sri Lankan culture, or among Sri Lanka's Muslims, but rebellious 17 year olds are everywhere. Only god knows how many times I fought with my dad and wanted to run away in my teens.

Family members said they would never harm Rifqa. Her older brother, Rilyan, said the accusations of violence came up only after his sister met Lorenz."

You also saw in the video someone is patting her on the back and saying good job," Rilyan said. "She's definitely been told what to do. It's not even her. She's not even making eye contact in the video. What does that tell you?"

Source

v
vv
The family is originally from Sri Lanka and emigrated in 2000 to seek medical help for Rifqa, who had lost sight in her right eye when she fell and struck a toy airplane on a couch at home.

Rifqa, a high school junior in well-off suburban New Albany, had been questioning her faith for several months, her father said. She attended church with friends from school and later attended services at another church, Xenos Christian Fellowship, a megachurch that emphasizes small groups meeting at home.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.