/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Failed GCSE Results :(

AnonymousPoster
08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters..

Aah, where do I begin.. I only got 5 passes.. 3(B) and 2(C)

My high school sixth form are very strict and now are "rejecting" me. They only want 6 A*-C I started to cry and now i feel angry.. I actually thought I would be accepted.. and my sixth form don't even do retakes.. anymore. And also I wouldn't like to apply anywhere else. Is there any ideas please? I've started to be a practicing Muslim for 2 months now, I did non-stop dua/praying.. when I recieved my results, I made dua to Allah crying my eyes out asking him what I done wrong.. I guess Allah(SWT) knows best..?

Jazak..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mysterious Uk
08-27-2009, 05:29 PM
If you passed maths, english and science then it shouldn't be a problem, 6th form and collges usually only want them 3 as requierments. But speak to your guidance teacher/form teacher and see if there is another way around it. Since it's the summer holidays i don't know if u'l be able to reach them so maybe speak to someone from connexions.. they have a website and someone u can chat to..: http://www.connexions-direct.com/

i'm surprised ur school doesnt do resits though, i thought all schools did them.. Anyhu, i hope everything turns out oright inshallah.

bibish
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Hey there,

I am sorry to hear that you did not do as well as you wanted. I didn't do particularly well in my GCSEs but I still went on to do A Levels and a degree and now have the job I wanted. In the longterm, once you have A Levels and/or degree, GCSEs do not count that much since the more advanced courses will be more important. Have you tried talking to your parents and the school to explain to them everything and see what they suggest? Perhaps you should try at least looking into other places to do your A Levels. I have also heard of other schools that offer students the chance to redo their exams, but I unfortunately I do not have any details at hand.

In any case, good luck :)

sarajulldin
08-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Your school may not do resit, but colleges have the courses available, I only got 3 and bumped it up by attending college and now have 6, with others qualifications

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
08-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Sis speak to the connexions they really do help.

Also sis i am sure theres other 6th forms that do resit they also do them in college.

Don't forget to perforum saalatul istikhaarah before making and decisions.

:)

Edit: doesn't 6th form gives you a place before you even get your results? Especially if you've attened that school?
I got a place in 6th form before i got my results :/

Anyhow, Good Luck and Hope all goes well!

nebula
08-28-2009, 04:24 AM
Dont worry to much about your results, my results were much bad comapred to yours, i had to spend 1 extra year at college resitting some of my gcses, because of that i wont be going Uni this year even tho ive spent 2 years at college now coz i gotta finish my final year of a levels. But honestly it aint so bad as you may think. If you cant get into the college you wanted then look into other ones inshallah. Also don't stop praying and making dua for yourself it aint over coz u didnt get the results you wanted.

Banu_Hashim
08-28-2009, 04:53 AM
They want 6 A*-C? That is unusual as most sixth forms and colleges want 5A* - C. Is there a college or sixth form nearby that will accept you.

If not...arrange an interview with the headteacher and you + your parents. Convince to them that you will work hard and that in light of recent results you will change your attitude towards work etc. They will inshallah with a little persuading see that you mean business from now on.

But honestly, you did not do bad! What did you get the B's in? I know plently of people that have done a lot worse. D,E,Us etc. Chin up, and let us know if all goes well. Make du'a and everything will go well inshallah, especially in this blessed month. I know the power of du'a only too well, as I went through the stressful process of university applications this year.

All the best.

- IqRa -
08-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Everything happens for the best. We may not realise it now, or in the future, but there is a reason behind why everything happens the way it does.

Laila01x
08-28-2009, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Everything happens for the best. We may not realise it now, or in the future, but there is a reason behind why everything happens the way it does.
This is very true. I didnt do well in my GCSE'S .. but i still managed to do my a4 A-Levels and go onto universtiy and get a degree and now im in a job i love thanks to Allah. It is true in the long - run GCSE'S arnt really taken into consideration.

Chin up.. Allah knows best :)

true believer
08-28-2009, 11:40 AM
aww, salam. i feel so bad for you. alhamdiallah i passed mine and got 5 also. just forget your sixth form, you can still do your alevels :) besides uni always look at your alevel grades more then ur GCSE and i wouldnt say you failed. but looks like you gonna have to apply somewhere else, please dont forget things could be worse, dnt ever feel ungratful because it could always be worse. obviously it was meant to be and you need to learn that to move on.

Misz_Muslimah
08-28-2009, 11:45 AM
1467. Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The supplication most often recited by the Prophet (PBUH) was: "Allahumma atina fid-dunya hasanatan, wa fil-akhirati hasanatan, wa qina `adhab-annar (O our Rubb! give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the punishment of the Fire).'''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1444. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) used to remember Allah at all times.
[Muslim].

limitless
08-29-2009, 05:55 PM
:sl:

I don't really understand the british edu system, but don't give up! Keep trying and find ways to achieve your goal and have faith in Allah swt! Insha'Allah things will get better!!

:wa:

Bub
08-29-2009, 08:40 PM
i failed my GCSEs but im manage to do A-level and some resit, im sure u have general choice of college/ 6th form. Ur allowed to do A-level bec u have passed at leasts 5 gcses

Dattera
09-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Hello.

I got my GCSE results and I didn't do so well either. I got 1(B) 2(C) and 2(D). It's horrible and I'm so confused right now. I got accepted in the college that I wanted but they said they can't let me through to do my AS course and that I have re-sit my GCSEs for another year.

What I don't get is what happens to these results that I got? I mean they said I can't retake the ones I've got bs and cs on but I still have to do another 5 GCSEs? I'm confused.

Raaina
09-08-2009, 10:14 AM
It's not nice when you don't get the grades you want. But you know, I didn't pass any GCSE's when I was at school. I didn't get onto the course at 6th Form I wanted, so I went to a different college and did something else and then I got to University and got a degree - When I left school, I don't think anyone would of thought i'd of got to university. So don't give up because you didn't get the results you wanted, its not a failure, it's just a side step, you can still get to where you want to go :)

I'm sure i've just echoed other people's comments here to :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.