/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A lil help regarding rights in marriage.

AnonymousPoster
08-28-2009, 04:34 AM
:sl:

Dear brothers and sisters, I would like to know what the right of the wife is in accordance to the property she owns and has bought through her own money (not the money of the husband).

Lets say there was a couple ab (a being the male, b being the female), and b bought a house from the money she earned through her occupation. Few years later, Mr.A's mother asked A to give the house(that Mrs. B bought) to her. Mr.A agreed to her mom without the consent of his wife B.

So now my question is can the wife in this situation say no to her husband giving her house to his mom, and she never even agreed to it in the first place.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
08-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Did B in any way say to A that this house is OURS and not just mine?

if she brought it with her own money and didnt give to A then the house is hers not his

abdullah_001
08-29-2009, 03:46 AM

Nope, she made it very clear that she had bought the house so she could give it to her children when they got married.

And brother, Alhamdulillah, I thought the same thing too. What astonishes me though is that Mr.A's entire family acts as though they have done nothing wrong. Mr.A's little brother shoved Mr.A's children (literally) out of his parents home (joint family) when they came to visit and literally started cursing at Mrs.B. And were it not for intervention, Mr.A's little brother would have for sure hit Mrs.B. Where has honor and chivalry gone now a days that, forget respecting your elders, now you hit an elder woman and talk despicably to her? And this is a woman who has seen the Prophet (sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam) in her dream. She is going through a lot of trials please pray for her brothers and sisters.

JazakAllahu Khairan

S_87
08-29-2009, 12:26 PM
in that case the house is totally hers and she should make this clear to her in laws and further tell her husband, he is free to buy a house for his parents

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rasema
08-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Why aren''t you satisfied with the house being given to your in law????

You should do your best so that your in law likes you and your husband, instead of being spoiled.

Caller الداعي
08-29-2009, 12:37 PM
salams ask at an islamic fatwa site ull get an answer from a scholar not here!

Ummu Sufyaan
08-29-2009, 12:44 PM
wa laykum us-Salaam
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Assalamu Alaikum

You should do your best so that your in law likes you and your husband, instead of being spoiled.
becuase no-one should take her wealth without her permission :-\ :rollseyes

Rebel
08-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

It's HER house, she bought it with her own money. How is she being spoilt by not giving it? WHY should she give it? Just so they would "like" her?

Unbelievable!

Rasema
08-29-2009, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Are you serious? :heated:
Yes if she doesn't need the house for her family, or anything like that.

Rasema
08-29-2009, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rebel
It's HER house, she bought it with her own money. How is she being spoilt by not giving it? WHY should she give it? Just so they would "like" her?

Unbelievable!
Because their family.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Yes if she doesn't need the house for her family, or anything like that
she shouldn't be obliged to give her wealth to anyone if she doesn't want to regardless of whether she needs it or not, so your lil concept of her being spoiled doesn't go.

^o)

Because their family.
yh HIS family...

Rasema
08-29-2009, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
she shouldn't be obliged to give her wealth to anyone if she doesn't want to regardless of whether she needs it or not, so your lil concept of her being spoiled doesn't go.

^o)

yh HIS family...
Makes sence, but if she doesn't need the house for anyone else than what's the problem????

I'm not saying that she should be obligated to give her house. I'm asking her the above.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-29-2009, 12:53 PM
^becuase it is HER'S...she can do whatever she wants with it...

Ummu Sufyaan
08-29-2009, 12:56 PM
@thread starter
Undoubtedly the free adult person who is of sound mind and discernment is permitted to dispose of his own wealth with no restrictions as long as he is alive, whether he is buying, renting, giving a gift, establishing a waqf (endowment) or any other kind of transaction. There is no dispute among the scholars on this point.

There is also no dispute among the scholars concerning the fact that the husband does not have the right to object to the way his wife handles her wealth in transactions such as buying, renting, etc., if the woman is of sound mind and there is no reason why she should not handle her own money and she is not one of those who may be tricked. (Muraatib al-Ijmaa’ li Ibn Hazm, 162; al-Ijmaa’ fi’l-Fiqh al-Islami, Abu Habeeb, 2/566).
http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/4037/womans%20wealth

A woman who is adult, of sound mind and sensible has the right to manage her own money and to dispose of it however she wishes, whether that is in return for something or not, such as buying and selling, renting, lending, giving in charity or giving gifts, giving all or part of the money. No one has the right to stop her doing that, and she does not need anyone’s permission, whether she is virgin who has a father, or does nit have a father, or is married with a husband.
http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/8190/womans%20wealth

la hawlah wa laa quwatta illah billah...i wish men would start acting like men!!! if you care about your families, spend on then yourselves and quit nicking off with wifeys wealth ^o)

Rasema
08-29-2009, 12:57 PM
^becuase it is HER'S...she can do whatever she wants with it...
But HER is a Muslim. She can't do whatever she wants with it but she should do what's the best,especially during Ramadhan. It would prevent disputes with her husband and family.

Rebel
08-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Because their family.
Ah, okay. Well, that's brilliant cause I always loved my FIL's car collection. I'm off to demand it tomorrow. He is family after all, and what's his is mine.

Makes sence, but if she doesn't need the house for anyone else than what's the problem????
Read properly:

she made it very clear that she had bought the house so she could give it to her children when they got married.
She can give it to the neighbour's dog if she wants, n no one has the right to complain. It's no one's bloody business what she does with her own property.

I'd love to see your reaction if you were forced into the same situation.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-29-2009, 12:59 PM
if they really cared about preventing disputes, then why don't they take the initiative themselves instead of patronizing and taking others' wealth unlawfully!

Rasema
08-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Ah, okay. Well, that's brilliant cause I always loved my FIL's car collection. I'm off to demand it tomorrow. He is family after all, and what's his is mine.

Read properly:

She can give it to the neighbour's dog if she wants, n no one has the right to complain. It's no one's bloody business what she does with her own property.

I'd love to see your reaction if you were forced into the same situation.
You quote the whole post.

neighbou's dog, hmm how about some prostitudes also.

Rasema
08-29-2009, 01:09 PM
if they really cares about preventing disputes, then why don't they take the initiative themselves instead of patronizing and taking others' wealth unlawfully!
Sisi, your replies do make sence. It's obvious that the sister doesn't have much rights in her household than it's the best for her to agree with her husband. If she doesn't agree with her husband than she should've talked with him then asked.

Rebel
08-29-2009, 01:11 PM
But HER is a Muslim.
... and as a Muslim, she has the right to refuse handing over her property to anyone, and she doesn't need a reason.

... and as Muslims, they have no right to demand someone else's property.

You seriously ought to read about women's rights in Islam. You clearly have no clue.

neighbou's dog, hmm how about some prostitudes also.

Rasema
08-29-2009, 01:14 PM
... and as a Muslim, she has the right to refuse handing over her property to anyone, and she doesn't need a reason.

... and as Muslims, they have no right to demand someone else's property.

You seriously ought to read about women's rights in Islam. You clearly have no clue.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...dadi/TFR1D.gif
She has to give a reason to Allah to where she spent her wealth!

About womens rights. As Muslims we are generous, just because I have rights doesn't mean that I should't do what is good for others. All I know is that we have one goal and that is the hereafter.If shedid this in the name of Allah, Allah would elighten her heart and she would be happy.

Rebel
08-29-2009, 01:16 PM
I give in.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Sisi, your replies do make sence. It's obvious that the sister doesn't have much rights in her household than it's the best for her to agree with her husband.
it's best if her husband starts acting like a man. if he really wanted to look after his family, then it's time he started working for it the same way she has worked for her wealth. no such thing as a free lunch...

and from one of your other posts sis,
Why are woman so so .....
because we don't look after and let ourselves be walked all over...

i think im also going to give in..

Rasema
08-29-2009, 01:21 PM
I give in.
Detail it please.

Rasema
08-29-2009, 01:23 PM
it's best if her husband starts acting like a man. if he really wanted to look after his family, then it's time he started working for it the same way she has worked for her wealth.
Maybe he does work. He probably buys everything. Sister, you can't force him to be a man nor can his wife. Only Allah can.

S_87
08-29-2009, 04:56 PM

I'm not saying that she should be obligated to give her house. I'm asking her the above.
ok youre a sister..or so your profile says

so save up approx $150,000, with that get a house and then give it away just so your in laws will like you. THEN come here and advise others to do that.

aadil77
08-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Because their family.
and you must be from pakistan who brainwashed you?

tomorrow I'm gonna ring my grandad and ask him for one of his 10-15 properties he owns, surely he'll give me one because he's family?

and its only a couple tens/hundred thousand pounds we're talking about isn't it?

Rasema
08-29-2009, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
ok youre a sister..or so your profile says

so save up approx $150,000, with that get a house and then give it away just so your in laws will like you. THEN come here and advise others to do that.
I let my family use my brand new credit, without my permission, to buy a house!!!!
You can use women rights to proof your viewpoint but I use the hereafter. If she doesn't need the house, I don't see anything wrong in giving it away to FAMILY. If her husband is satisfied with her, SHE'S GOT JENNAH!!!
If her in law isn't satisfied with her nor will be her husband.

Rasema
08-29-2009, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
and you must be from pakistan who brainwashed you?

tomorrow I'm gonna ring my grandad and ask him for one of his 10-15 properties he owns, surely he'll give me one because he's family?

and its only a couple tens/hundred thousand pounds we're talking about isn't it?
I'm not from Pakistan and you just insulted everyone who is.

And no one has brainwashed me. I look at things from a different prespective and that is the pleasure of Allah. If the sister longs for the pleasure of Allah I gave her my point of view,just my opinion. Or do you think that fighting with your husband over luxieries of this world would please Allah?

The ashaba never kept what they could give away!

TrueStranger
08-29-2009, 06:50 PM
I let my family use my brand new credit, without my permission, to buy a house!!!!
You can use women rights to proof your viewpoint but I use the hereafter. If she doesn't need the house, I don't see anything wrong in giving it away to FAMILY. If her husband is satisfied with her, SHE'S GOT JENNAH!!!
Do you think that Allah will send a woman to hell, when the husband is "upset" or "unsatisfied" for the wrong reasons, especially, when it is "UNISLAMIC" to force another person to give away their own property. He could be unsatisfied and she will still get Jannah!

From what I've heard so far, the husband is wrong and the wife is right.

You should realize by now that you can't satisfy everyone by giving them materialistic items. They will only become more greedy.

Rasema
08-29-2009, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
Do you think that Allah will send a woman to hell, when the husband is "upset" or "unsatisfied" for the wrong reasons, especially, when it is "UNISLAMIC" to force another person to give away their own property. He could be unsatisfied and she will still get Jannah!

From what I've heard so far, the husband is wrong and the wife is right.

You should realize by now that you can't satisfy everyone.
Obviously not, I just think that she would be rewarded more.Even in this life it would benefit her because If she disagrees with her husband it can go bad.

My mind is different and I don't want to change it.

GOODBYE

aadil77
08-29-2009, 07:01 PM
And no one has brainwashed me. I look at things from a different prespective and that is the pleasure of Allah. If the sister longs for the pleasure of Allah I gave her my point of view,just my opinion. Or do you think that fighting with your husband over luxieries of this world would please Allah?

The ashaba never kept what they could give away!
you're one in a million sis, theres nothing in islam that says give away your lifes savings/wealth to please some greedy in laws

and I wonder what would happen to a poor sis that may have to get a divorce (may Allah forbid) for any reason, islamically those inlaws would have no obligation to return that house or wealth

Rasema
08-29-2009, 07:04 PM
I apologise,It's what I think would be the right thing to do. Maybe is because I "think" that whatever we have,we have to tell Allah about it.

You can't change my mind, the way I think keeps me closer to Allah.

I applogise for any offences.

GOODBYE

TrueStranger
08-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Obviously not, I just think that she would be rewarded more.Even in this life it would benefit her because If she disagrees with her husband it can go bad.

My mind is different and I don't want to change it.

GOODBYE
I see where you are coming from, but we will all be rewarded for our good deeds. We should not "reward" the wrongs of other people. Imagine if they do that to someone else.

Besides, the wife does want to give the house to one of her children. She already made her decision, so why should she be forced to give it to her husband's mother.

The wife is not being illogical here. WE have to disagree with those that are wrong. We just can't tolerate their wrong, especially when it involves violating the rights of others.

I just hope that if your future husband does something wrong to someone else or you for that matter, you will not agree him. That would mean that you are as guilty as he his. And there is no reward for such wrong actions.

S_87
08-29-2009, 08:22 PM
so what if she gave her house that shes keeping for her kids n the inlaws demand her husband divorce her?

Rasema
08-29-2009, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
so what if she gave her house that shes keeping for her kids n the inlaws demand her husband divorce her?
I'd keep the house on her name but give it to the inlaws. If some problems arrise that way she'll be able to keep her house. For now, it depens on how old the kids are, they can live normally with a mother and a father.In the future they can get it back if she keeps it on her name.

She doesn't have a choice, does she?

What is the situation of her inlaws?
Maybe they don't have a suitable place.

TrueStranger
08-29-2009, 09:08 PM
I'd keep the house on her name but give it to the inlaws. If some problems arrise that way she'll be able to keep her house. For now, it depens on how old the kids are, they can live normally with a mother and a father.In the future they can get it back if she keeps it on her name.
No, she and her children can't get the house back.

"The majority of scholars are of the opinion that it is forbidden to take back a gift that one gives to somebody even if such person is one's brohter/sister or spouse. The only exception is in respect to what a father gives as a gift to his child. The father can get back whatever he gives his son/daughter as a gift. This is based on the hadith reported on the authority of Ibn `Abbas and Ibn `Umar that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "It is not lawful for a man to give gift and afterwards to take it back except a father regarding what he gives his child. The parable of one who gives a gift and then takes it back is like the parable of a dog which eats till when it is satisfied, it vomits and then takes his vomiting back." (Reported by Abu Dawud, An-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, and At-Tirmidhi)"

AlbanianMuslim
08-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Raseema, im sorry, but i have to say this, you are much to blunt and cruel in some of your responses. I expect more from a fellow sister in Islam. Wheres your compassion?
How can you sit there and call someone spoiled, someone you do not know.
Please, be a little more compassionate and understanding or just dont reply at all, people who talk as you have in this thread were people who at one time made me afraid to go to Masjid and ask questions because i was afraid of being attacked and shunned upon.
Be kind.

Rasema
08-29-2009, 09:25 PM
I see where you are coming from, but we will all be rewarded for our good deeds. We should not "reward" the wrongs of other people. Imagine if they do that to someone else.

Besides, the wife does want to give the house to one of her children. She already made her decision, so why should she be forced to give it to her husband's mother.

The wife is not being illogical here. WE have to disagree with those that are wrong. We just can't tolerate their wrong, especially when it involves violating the rights of others.

I just hope that if your future husband does something wrong to someone else or you for that matter, you will not agree him. That would mean that you are as guilty as he his. And there is no reward for such wrong actions.

648. Abu Hurayra reported that a man said, "Messenger of Allah, I have some relatives with whom I maintain connections but who cut me off. I am good to them but they are bad to me. I am forbearing with them but they are hasty towards me!" He said, "If it is as you said, it is as if you were feeding them hot ash and you will continue to have a helper from Allah Almighty against them for as long as you act like that." [Muslim]

WOW, you make me look so blind that I would disobey Allah's commands for a husband. I confronted people I'm afraid of to obey Allah,excuse me.

Albanian Muslim, learn to love and hate in the name of Allah.Oh,and you are encouraged to not even go to the mesjid.But you are permitted.

I'm talking about doing it in the name of Allah, give the house in the name of Allah. It would benefit her in this life and the hereafter.

Do you know that some people pray to be poor.

TrueStranger
08-29-2009, 09:35 PM
648. Abu Hurayra reported that a man said, "Messenger of Allah, I have some relatives with whom I maintain connections but who cut me off. I am good to them but they are bad to me. I am forbearing with them but they are hasty towards me!" He said, "If it is as you said, it is as if you were feeding them hot ash and you will continue to have a helper from Allah Almighty against them for as long as you act like that." [Muslim]

In that hadith it says nothing about the man giving away his property to them. :skeleton:

She is giving her house to one of her children. She will be rewarded for that. Insha'Allah.

Rasema
08-29-2009, 09:38 PM

In that hadith it says nothing about the man giving away his property to them. :skeleton:

She is giving her house to one of her children. She will be rewarded for that. Insha'Allah.

I didn't interpreat the hadith nor do I think you should. The hadeeth is simply related in some way to what I encouraged her to do.

Oh, and sorry.

abdullah_001
08-29-2009, 09:53 PM

WOW, You make me look so blind that I would disobey Allah's commands for a husband. I confronted people I'm afraid of to obey Allah,excuse me.

Albanian Muslim, learn to love and hate in the name of Allah.Oh,and you are encouraged to not even go to the mesjid.But you are permitted.

I'm talking about doing it in the name of Allah, give the house in the name of Allah. It would benefit her in this life and the hereafter.

Do you know that some people pray to be poor.

Her husband's family already has a house to live in. The husband's mom asked for the house so she could give it to the husband's little brother who doesn't work at all. It is not as though it is a dire necessity for the Husband's Mum's family to move into that house. Even if it was a dire necessity then it would be the responsibility of the husband to provide for them not the responsibility of his wife.

I understand what you're saying, sister, but you must understand according to Islamic jurisprudence the wife is under no obligation to do so. Hence, if she doesn't you can't blame anything on her because she hasn't stepped beyond the bounds of Islam.

And if we did concede to your point that the wife should give her property to her mother-in-law to protect the integrity of the family then that would imply nothing that the wife earns is actually hers. Today, it's a house, tomorrow it'll be something else, who is to say the family won't demand something else tomorrow? And if the family keeps demanding should the wife keep conceding?

And doesn't Allah (swT) say int he Qur'an, "O You who believe! Be upholders of justice, bearing witness for God alone, even against yourselves or your parents and relatives. Whether they are rich or poor, God is well able to look after them. Do not follow your own desires and deviate from the truth. If you twist or turn away, God is aware of what you do." (4:135)

Snowflake
08-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Sis Rasema, I know you mean well, but the mother-in-law isn't sitting on the street homeless. If she were, it'd be a different matter. The reason Allah has given women rights is to prevent such abuse and misuse of what is theirs in the first place. The sister is merely using her rights stated by Allah and there is no logical reason to give the house to the mother in law.

Tomorrow, the uncles children can demand Mrs B's children give them their house. Where does it stop sis? Greed fuels greed. No one was more conscious of Allah than our beloved Prophet (saw) yet when he was approached by a begger, the Prophet didn't give him anything but advised him to sell what he had to buy an axe and chop wood for a living.

If someone is doing wrong, you simply do not 'help them in the name of Allah'. Where is the benefit in that sis? It is far better for their deen, dunya and hereafter if you make them realise the error of their ways. This is how the mother-in-law in the O.P's post needs to be helped - not by pleasing her by giving in to whatever she wants. :)

Rasema
08-29-2009, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Sis Rasema, I know you mean well, but the mother-in-law isn't sitting on the street homeless. If she were, it'd be a different matter. The reason Allah has given women rights is to prevent such abuse and misuse of what is theirs in the first place. The sister is merely using her rights stated by Allah and there is no logical reason to give the house to the mother in law.

Tomorrow, the uncles children can demand Mrs B's children give them their house. Where does it stop sis? Greed fuels greed. No one was more conscious of Allah than our beloved Prophet (saw) yet when he was approached by a begger, the Prophet didn't give him anything but advised him to sell what he had to buy an axe and chop wood for a living.

If someone is doing wrong, you simply do not 'help them in the name of Allah'. Where is the benefit in that sis? It is far better for their deen, dunya and hereafter if you make them realise the error of their ways. This is how the mother-in-law in the O.P's post needs to be helped - not by pleasing her by giving in to whatever she wants. :)
You are right in that matter. I still think that that after she tells her husband and her inlaws get to know, boy they will hate eachother forever.

AlbanianMuslim
08-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Hate in the name of Allah?
wow. thats a first.

Rasema
08-29-2009, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
Hate in the name of Allah?
wow. thats a first.
Well, hate is not the best word, but I suggest you start a thread and InshAllah, other more knowledgeable and open minded Muslims will help you understand.

But what I can tell you is that we hate the forbidden or kufr others do, but we don't actually hate the human,just their kufr. If you don't hate their kufr than you wouldn't mind doing the same thing.

Allah knows best:)

Snowflake
08-29-2009, 10:47 PM
You are right in that matter. I still think that that after she tells her husband and her inlaws get to know, boy they will hate eachother forever.
They might, they might not. InshaAllah we should make dua for those who are less fortunate in not understanding the deen. May Allah increase them (and us) and guide them to follow the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam. Ameen.

AlbanianMuslim
08-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Ok see, that was a nicer way of putting things Raseema

i was not trying to attack you only pointing out that your responses seemed a bit harsh. You can still hate bad deeds without being harsh.....my grandma would always remind me "you can get further with honey than vinegar"

Rasema
08-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Ok see, that was a nicer way of putting things Raseema

i was not trying to attack you only pointing out that your responses seemed a bit harsh. You can still hate bad deeds without being harsh.....my grandma would always remind me "you can get further with honey than vinegar"
I don't mean to get of topic,sorry.

Your grandma is wrong in some cases. When it comes to men you must be harsh or you'll fall easily.

AlbanianMuslim
08-29-2009, 11:11 PM
My grandmother was not wrong.
My fathter, 20 years ago, was one of the angriest, toughest, roughest men out there...and my mother was sweet and kind to him...after a few years of marriage he slowly but surely began to be a kinder gentler husband.
Men are not beasts sis, they deserve kindness too.

You sis, have a lot to learn, you sound like i did when i was 15. Im sorry but you really have a stubborn mindset. I give up trying to talk with you, May Allah swt guide you and make you understand things better and understand that the harsh way is not always the right way.

Rasema
08-30-2009, 12:12 AM
My grandmother was not wrong.
My fathter, 20 years ago, was one of the angriest, toughest, roughest men out there...and my mother was sweet and kind to him...after a few years of marriage he slowly but surely began to be a kinder gentler husband.
Men are not beasts sis, they deserve kindness too.

You sis, have a lot to learn, you sound like i did when i was 15. Im sorry but you really have a stubborn mindset. I give up trying to talk with you, May Allah swt guide you and make you understand things better and understand that the harsh way is not always the right way.
Noooo

I was talking about men that hit on you:embarrass

To avoid flirt,conversation(usless one)...

zanjabeela
08-30-2009, 05:02 AM
Noooo

I was talking about men that hit on you:embarrass

To avoid flirt,conversation(usless one)...
Sis, nobody here was hitting on you :><: and your harshness was for the female who is being oppressed.

Allah does not like Muslims to oppress one another, and I'm surprised that anyone would advocate a woman to willingly and happily give in to oppression. Islam also teaches women that we do not obey our husbands when they ask us to do something unIslamic. This man, and his family, want to take her property which is her security in this world. Allah provided her with wealth enough to secure herself...not so that she may turn around and give up what is legally, Islamically, hers.

What if, one day this woman is divorced. Does this man's family sound like the type who would give her back her property? Does Islam even advocate for us to take gifts back (although in this case, it really sounds more like extortion than gift-giving)? So, imagine this woman has no roof over her head...maybe, you never know, but maybe she might end up hating Islam for someone telling her to give up her rights, because look, now she is in an even worse situation and nobody tried to help her.

When we give advice, we have to look long-term at the possible ill effects. Yes, Allah would surely reward her for giving up her right...but He certainly won't punish her for holding on to them, would He? He might even give her more reward for standing up to oppression! You never know. Let's not create more problems than this poor woman already has!

Even though I really do not see the Islamic basis for your advice, I love you for the sake of Allah.

Najm
08-30-2009, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Such a blessed post! MashaAllah, MashaAllah, MashaAllah!!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

S_87
08-30-2009, 11:50 AM

She doesn't have a choice, does she?

What is the situation of her inlaws?
Maybe they don't have a suitable place.
shes given her house its NOT HERS she CANT take it back...we arent talking about in laws living with her because they cant afford a house. were talking about them TAKING her house.

Intisar
09-01-2009, 09:26 AM
But HER is a Muslim. She can't do whatever she wants with it but she should do what's the best,especially during Ramadhan. It would prevent disputes with her husband and family.
Did you even bother reading Umm ul shaheed's post?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.