/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there sin in breaking someone's heart?

AnonymousPoster
08-28-2009, 11:42 PM
I am being "cursed" by someone for breaking their heart and he is saying "my time will come, Allah will show you, it is my dua".

I am confused by this. It was a haraam relationship and i know it was wrong and i repent for that, but do i get sin for breaking someone's heart and hurting them within this situation, and is there any chance of his dua getting accepted?

And will he be able to curse my future marriage in any way?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-29-2009, 06:35 AM
lol.. no, no one can curse your marriage unless they use some unlawful means in which case, Allah swt will smite them for it..

It is normal not to be attracted to someone, so long as you didn't in fact do anything deliberately hurtful.. we all get our hearts broken sometime.. this guy who is 'cursin' you' needs to grow up.. Also remind him that whenever a Muslim makes du3a for another Muslim the angels say ameen to both parties, so in fact by cursing and D****** he is doing the exact same to himself...

and Allah swt knows best..
I really wouldn't worry about it.. Allah swt is fair and seeing of what has transpired!

:w:

Snowflake
08-29-2009, 02:56 PM
^MashaAllah true say sis Skye.. as long as you didn't set out to hurt someone, their curse won't affect you.

Increase repentance inshaAllah :)

cat eyes
08-29-2009, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I am being "cursed" by someone for breaking their heart and he is saying "my time will come, Allah will show you, it is my dua".

I am confused by this. It was a haraam relationship and i know it was wrong and i repent for that, but do i get sin for breaking someone's heart and hurting them within this situation, and is there any chance of his dua getting accepted?

And will he be able to curse my future marriage in any way?
i don't know about this.. it depends on the situation. how much of the relationship was haraam? did you promise him marriage or something that hes hurt? i think as long as you did not lead this man on in to thinking this, no nothing bad should happen to you but what i would do is repent for what you did so that you have a seal of protection if he did try anything to harm you. i sincerely hope for your sake you realise you were doing wrong and repented and you should never go back to this cheap dirty way of shaytaam again.
may Allah guide you to the straight path.
it really bothers me and i can't get my head around it why people are doing wrong during ramadan even.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
08-29-2009, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i don't know about this.. it depends on the situation. how much of the relationship was haraam? did you promise him marriage or something that hes hurt? i think as long as you did not lead this man on in to thinking this, no nothing bad should happen to you but what i would do is repent for what you did so that you have a seal of protection if he did try anything to harm you. i sincerely hope for your sake you realise you were doing wrong and repented and you should never go back to this cheap dirty way of shaytaam again.
may Allah guide you to the straight path.
it really bothers me and i can't get my head around it why people are doing wrong during ramadan even.

:sl: sis cat eyes and a Ramadan mubarak to you..
I need to share this hadith with you:

The Prophet said: 'Make things easy (for people) and do not make them difficult, and cheer people up and do not drive them away.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

there is no good reason why we should cast doubt on people or their relationships to others branding everything as Haram (we simply don't know).. also if she didn't share something about the story, then it is best to respect that Allah swt doesn't wish to have us reveal our sins, thus there is no point in us probing into the alleged sins of others (especially if we'd like to be pardoned or granted the same courtesy as surely we all do at some point or another)

I don't think anything good comes from or to a Muslim who wishes and prays for ill for another Muslim.. or a Muslim who thinks another Muslim is automatically a sinner and needs to go repent.. we are all sinners and we all need to repent.. this hardly seems like the place, the time or the month when we should castigate another Muslim, least of which, when we don't know if in fact something criminal or haram has been committed..

and Allah swt knows best

Woodrow
08-29-2009, 07:33 PM
:sl:

I am hard pressed to think of under what conditions it would be a sin.

If it is done unintentionally I doubt that would be a sin. If it is done deliberately it seems the most likely reason would be to break off a haraam relationship and that just might be a blessing

cat eyes
08-29-2009, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
:sl: sis cat eyes and a Ramadan mubarak to you..
I need to share this hadith with you:

The Prophet said: 'Make things easy (for people) and do not make them difficult, and cheer people up and do not drive them away.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

there is no good reason why we should cast doubt on people or their relationships to others branding everything as Haram (we simply don't know).. also if she didn't share something about the story, then it is best to respect that Allah swt doesn't wish to have us reveal our sins, thus there is no point in us probing into the alleged sins of others (especially if we'd like to be pardoned or granted the same courtesy as surely we all do at some point or another)

I don't think anything good comes from or to a Muslim who wishes and prays for ill for another Muslim.. or a Muslim who thinks another Muslim is automatically a sinner and needs to go repent.. we are all sinners and we all need to repent.. this hardly seems like the place, the time or the month when we should castigate another Muslim, least of which, when we don't know if in fact something criminal or haram has been committed..

and Allah swt knows best

yes we are all sinners. sorry if i hit a nerve in you that you wanted to tell me something i already knew and something which i didn't object to:) sister if somebody has an opinion its not good either to quote there part and judge them also:statisfie as you say its not the time or the month we should castigate another muslim.

جوري
08-29-2009, 09:29 PM
yes we are all sinners. sorry if i hit a nerve in you that you wanted to tell me something i already knew and something which i didn't object to:) sister if somebody has an opinion its not good either to quote there part and judge them also:statisfie as you say its not the time or the month we should castigate another muslim.
I wasn't judging nor castigating you dear sis.. and there are no nerves hit, since I am not the one seeking advise this can't possibly affect me one way or the other.. just wanted you to take it easy with someone asking for help..

Jazaki Allah khyran

Ali_008
08-30-2009, 03:24 AM
Breaking heart is obviously a sin. I'd disagree with what people have said here so far because if you've dealt unjustly with this guy then his curse will come true. Prophet Muhammad :saws: prohibited for us a few things by using curses, e.g.

"He who leads people in Prayer while they detest him is cursed.”,
"'Allah curses him who curses his parents.”
"Allah curses him who insults his mother.”

Cursing is neither a prohibited action. Prophet Muhammad :saws: once said that the curse of the oppressed is definitely accepted even if the oppressed is a Mushrik (polytheist). So injustice and oppression have such huge disliking and hatred in the eyes of Allah.

The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said to Mua'ad Ibn Jabal (radiAllahu anhu), 'Beware of the supplication of the unjustly treated, because there is no shelter or veil between it (the supplication of the one who is suffering injustice) and Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala)'
[Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

The prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) declared,
'Three men whose dua is never rejected (by Allah) are: the fasting person until he breaks his fast (in another narration, when he breaks fast), the just ruler and the one who is oppressed.'
[Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi - Hasan]

In another hadith; The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) declared:
'Three du'as are surely answered: The du'a of the oppressed, the du'a of the traveler, and the du'a of the father/mother (upon their child)'

The One who is suffering injustice is heard by Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) when he invokes Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) to retain his rights from the unjust one or oppressor. Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) has sworn to help the one who is suffering from injustice sooner or later as the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said.

Source
You know the situation best, you know where you had gone wrong in breaking this heart.

If he wants to get back with you then why not marry him. If you've had a haraam relationship with someone, it does not mean that you can't marry that person. Repentance definitely has to be there but repentance is for being in a relationship outside marriage and not for having any association with that one particular person. I've seen this situation so many times that when a person starts to repent from a haraam relationship they start believing that their partners have become haraam for them. If both the parties of a haraam relationship sincerely repent for the past then there's nothing wrong in their marriage.

You may not want to marry this person for your own reasons and so you should communicate those to him. If your reasons are justified then I'm sure that he will understand the situation, stop cursing you and in fact even start praying good for you, inshAllah. But if you're avoiding him based on your own whims and just making this person suffer just because he loves you then do you think is that right?

Repentance includes the following as per the opinion of Islamic scholars and jurists:

- Immediate cessation of the sin.
- Regret for what is past.
- Determination not to return to the sin.
- Restitution of victims’ rights, or seeking their forgiveness. (If the sin involves wronging someone)

We don't know the entire situation clearly and so Allahu Alim whether his curses are justified are not. Ultimately, if he was wronged/oppressed then don't take his words/groaning lightly..
And Allah knows best
Wallahu Alim

AnonymousPoster
08-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Sorry i did not elaborate on the situation, i will elaborate now. I had posted before about problems with him, but this was also under anonymous so will be hard to find.

In summary - I had a relationship with him, i broke it off as he became very angry, threatening, forcefull and didn't care about how the relationship was affecting me badly, and also he was very immature. I stayed a friend to him to ease his pain and so that i was not abandoning him, i also asked for forgiveness. He threatened and abused me verbally through this whole time, saying he will ruin my life, i stayed patient and said Islamic teachings to him to soothe him, he would threaten me, then after awhile come out with lovey messages, threaten, then after awhile say something lovey. I stayed so patient and then i felt like i was going to collapse from this fear and stress and so i cut him off, especially when he said he was going to take revenge on me, and also hurt my future husband.

He is now contacting me again, swapping between hate and love messages constantly, but never CARING messages, he just wants me to love him for his own pleasure and pride, he doesn't provide anything for me. He is threatening me again and saying i broke his heart and i will suffer too now because it is his dua etc etc.

Now..i feel like i was very patient with him, there was no way i could have stayed with him in what would have been an unhappy relationship, and then after breaking up with him and was very kind and patient to him.

I am the one that feels oppressed now, rather than him. I have had to seek out duas for protection and fear of enemies and i have not even been able to eat after Iftari due to stress.

If anyone thinks i am still in the wrong and his curse could harm me, then please tell me. If you require more information before deciding, then please ask.

Ali_008
08-31-2009, 02:00 AM
^^Sister, like I said before you know the situation best. You can measure who holds the strings now. It just seems that the guy is obsessed with you. And I think I know the other thread you posted and I replied there as well.

You've asked for forgiveness from him and worked to earn it as well and so his curses may not have any validity. So you can relax now. But the problem now is what to do with this boy?

Communication is the key. Always.

Sit with him somewhere friendly like in a restaurant with friends from both sides, if possible even siblings. Tell him why things have become different. You must be well aware about what he wants from you and you know whether you can provide him with that or not. He feels that he has been wronged, explain the situation to him. If he's guilty, he will understand and if he doesn't then tell him that he has to face the fact that he was wrong at such and such place. The more he'll run from the truth in the name of love, the more truth is gonna pursue and persecute him. Saying something which is false over and over again does not make it the truth. He just seems to find it very difficult to come to terms with the fact that he could be so wrong and immature or may be he's aware of his mistakes and your exit from his life is just adding to his frustration.
You also need to acknowledge your mistakes or else he'll think he's being targeted in front of others.
It won't be easy. Convincing someone to fall out of love and face their faults is hugely difficult task. Plan it out. Think about everything you should say to him. Make this meeting after Ramadaan, inshAllah and till then take a book and a pen and fill out everything that you're gonna do for that day. Go prepared. InshAllah both of you will find peace.
or ask that guy to talk to me:D

Sari
08-31-2009, 03:03 AM
Edited - Sorry wrong thread

cat eyes
08-31-2009, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
^^Sister, like I said before you know the situation best. You can measure who holds the strings now. It just seems that the guy is obsessed with you. And I think I know the other thread you posted and I replied there as well.

You've asked for forgiveness from him and worked to earn it as well and so his curses may not have any validity. So you can relax now. But the problem now is what to do with this boy?

Communication is the key. Always.

Sit with him somewhere friendly like in a restaurant with friends from both sides, if possible even siblings. Tell him why things have become different. You must be well aware about what he wants from you and you know whether you can provide him with that or not. He feels that he has been wronged, explain the situation to him. If he's guilty, he will understand and if he doesn't then tell him that he has to face the fact that he was wrong at such and such place. The more he'll run from the truth in the name of love, the more truth is gonna pursue and persecute him. Saying something which is false over and over again does not make it the truth. He just seems to find it very difficult to come to terms with the fact that he could be so wrong and immature or may be he's aware of his mistakes and your exit from his life is just adding to his frustration.
You also need to acknowledge your mistakes or else he'll think he's being targeted in front of others.
It won't be easy. Convincing someone to fall out of love and face their faults is hugely difficult task. Plan it out. Think about everything you should say to him. Make this meeting after Ramadaan, inshAllah and till then take a book and a pen and fill out everything that you're gonna do for that day. Go prepared. InshAllah both of you will find peace.
or ask that guy to talk to me:D
hummm i agree. i think you should meet and talk through things thats probably the reason why he's frustrated because he is afraid of losing you.. he realised his mistakes but it seems to be to late for you. you know just don't block him off and ignore him.. it really isen't good.

AnonymousPoster
08-31-2009, 01:40 PM
I already tried the above method for several months, and he sent me crazy with worry and stress, and continued to abuse me. It is only black and white with him - i am either with him because he wants me to be, doesn't matter if i'm unhappy. Or i am not with him and therefore i am evil and horrible and deserve threats.

It has gone beyond that now, and i'm afraid for my own health and sanity all i can do is ignore him.

cat eyes
08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
and when did the abuse started happening for which reason? i can understand your situation and then on top of that the relationship was haraam from day 1 and this is not helping you either thats why you are taking tension.. i don't know what to say sis.. its a tricky one to get out of. would you say he has an anger problem? its not normal for a person to constantly abuse if he is constantly abusive yes your right there would be no future with him.. he could turn violent as it dose often happen. its hard to know him but i am just judging him from what you are telling me. he sounds like he has low self esteem and strong insecurity problems which can be sometimes painful for the person

AnonymousPoster
08-31-2009, 10:57 PM
I am trying to deal with it by ignoring him and keeping him distant from me as much as possible. I make dua for him all the time also.

So now that you guys know more about the situation, are you able to answer the original question more correctly?

Al-Yasa
08-31-2009, 11:02 PM
it depends on the situation i think

cat eyes
08-31-2009, 11:08 PM
I am trying to deal with it by ignoring him and keeping him distant from me as much as possible. I make dua for him all the time also.

So now that you guys know more about the situation, are you able to answer the original question more correctly?
change your number and move on!!

AnonymousPoster
08-31-2009, 11:20 PM

Salaam. Breaking someones heart isnt a sin...If one has to part ways then you have to part ways. On the other hand, to lead the person into thinking you like them, use them then shun them after.... this is a sin. Whatever happens after is the consequence of the action

Salahudeen
08-31-2009, 11:54 PM
"And will he be able to curse my future marriage in any way?" Nah if anything Allah will be pleased that you gave up this haraam relationship for him. You left something haraam for his sake, it's like giving up going to the pub with your friends for the sake of Allah then your friends cursing you for abandoning them.

Do you think Allah's gonna curse this person because he abandoned his friends for the sake of Allah? just like you've abandoned this person for the sake of Allah. Allah won't punish you for obeying him :)

Allah's gonna be happy with the person who leaves something haraam, I used to have female friends but I cut them all off because I realised it was haraam to have friendships with them. They started saying I've become an extremist because of the mosque I go to lool.

Now I have much better male friends :) alhamdulilah

point is don't let this man con you into thinking Allah will be upset with you for leaving something haraam that's absurd. And he can't curse you in any way, why would Allah hurt you for leaving something that he has made forbidden??

Instead my sister he'll reward you with something even better than the haraam thing you left. This man should be carefull who he curses, when you curse some 1 if that person is not deserving of that curse then it comes back upon the person who initiated the curse.

so he's only cursing himself and harming his own future marriage cos obviously your not deserving of the curse because your obeying Allah by leaving him. Allah loves those obey him and sacrifice for him. "every 1 is rewarded according to the amount they sacrificed" you sacrificed a haraam relationship for him so he'll reward you with something better than that :)

AnonymousPoster
09-01-2009, 12:12 AM
change your number and move on!!
My query is not about how to move on.

AnonymousPoster
09-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Salaam. Breaking someones heart isnt a sin...If one has to part ways then you have to part ways. On the other hand, to lead the person into thinking you like them, use them then shun them after.... this is a sin. Whatever happens after is the consequence of the action
He sees it that way even though it wasn't, at all. I was actually upset at the time for having to move on from him, but then the fact that his bad side came through, just made it easier for me to move on from him.

AnonymousPoster
09-01-2009, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
"And will he be able to curse my future marriage in any way?" Nah if anything Allah will be pleased that you gave up this haraam relationship for him. You left something haraam for his sake, it's like giving up going to the pub with your friends for the sake of Allah then your friends cursing you for abandoning them.

Do you think Allah's gonna curse this person because he abandoned his friends for the sake of Allah? just like you've abandoned this person for the sake of Allah. Allah won't punish you for obeying him :)

Allah's gonna be happy with the person who leaves something haraam, I used to have female friends but I cut them all off because I realised it was haraam to have friendships with them. They started saying I've become an extremist because of the mosque I go to lool.

point is don't let this man con you into thinking Allah will be upset with you for leaving something haraam that's absurd. And he can't curse you in any way, why would Allah hurt you for leaving something that he has made forbidden??

Instead my sister he'll reward you with something even better than the haraam thing you left. This man should be carefull who he curses, when you curse some 1 if that person is not deserving of that curse then it comes back upon the person who initiated the curse.

so he's only cursing himself and harming his own future marriage cos obviously your not deserving of the curse because your obeying Allah by leaving him. Allah loves those obey him and sacrifice for him. "every 1 is rewarded according to the amount they sacrificed" you sacrificed a haraam relationship for him so he'll reward you with something better than that :)
That kind of worries me in a way, if he is wrongly cursing me and is then punished for it then he will continue to blame me for all his troubles for the rest of his life. I am really praying for his hidayat, he prays 5 times a day but i feel his heart hardens so much sometimes that he doesn't care about his actions, and he has so much anger inside, which is the downfall for alot of people. He once text so much swearing and abuse to someone while fasting - maybe they antagonised him, but we all know to never behave like that, especially when fasting.

Thankyou for your reply though, it has made me feel better.

AnonymousPoster
09-01-2009, 12:50 AM
He sees it that way even though it wasn't, at all. I was actually upset at the time for having to move on from him, but then the fact that his bad side came through, just made it easier for me to move on from him.
Salaam.

Tell him you realized your relationship was haraam and you are now trying to become a better Muslim by following Allah SWT's laws.

Also, Did you both believe this would last and you were going to get married or something? ? If not tell him to go away and get over it. I know how it feels to be heartbroken and i didn't react in such a manner.

If he's threatening you and if its making your life miserable just call the police.

cat eyes
09-01-2009, 01:24 AM
My query is not about how to move on.
Yes and we all anwsered your query. If you reliesied that you did a major sin then then move on. There is no point complaining over split milk as they say. What HAS HAPPENED has happened for the best. There is nothing much more any of us can do.. Its kinda childish 2think that this man has the power 2 ''Curse'' after you had explained your story 2 us. Change your number change everything and repent for your actions. Tell Allah your worries and surely you will feel better an relaxed.. Itz not good 2tell otherz these big issue's and expect guidence. We can only help on certain limitz 2people!! I hope you take my wise advice! Bye.

AnonymousPoster
09-01-2009, 02:57 AM
Yes and we all anwsered your query. If you reliesied that you did a major sin then then move on. There is no point complaining over split milk as they say. What HAS HAPPENED has happened for the best. There is nothing much more any of us can do.. Its kinda childish 2think that this man has the power 2 ''Curse'' after you had explained your story 2 us. Change your number change everything and repent for your actions. Tell Allah your worries and surely you will feel better an relaxed.. Itz not good 2tell otherz these big issue's and expect guidence. We can only help on certain limitz 2people!! I hope you take my wise advice! Bye.
I really don't know how to reply to you, i'm not sure why you actively post in an advice and support section, if you feel people shouldn't post about their worries or problems.

AnonymousPoster
09-01-2009, 03:10 AM
And i am not chewing over and over this problem as you seem to make out. I asked a serious question and was required to elaborate so that others could provide the correct answer. At times you seem to be quite harsh and judgemental upon the people who post here for help, even stating people shouldn't post problems, which noone else has an issue with and is the reason this section exists. I don't believe calling someone childish because they asked a question about a problem is of any help here. It would be a shame if some people with problems, much greater than mine, would be driven away in their time of need because they felt judged, were made to feel their problem is childish or that they shouldn't post here at all. I believe you do post helpfull things aswell and i hope you take my post in good spirit.

cat eyes
09-01-2009, 03:21 AM
And i am not chewing over and over this problem as you seem to make out. I asked a serious question and was required to elaborate so that others could provide the correct answer. At times you seem to be quite harsh and judgemental upon the people who post here for help, even stating people shouldn't post problems, which noone else has an issue with and is the reason this section exists. I don't believe calling someone childish because they asked a question about a problem is of any help here. It would be a shame if some people with problems, much greater than mine, would be driven away in their time of need because they felt judged, were made to feel their problem is childish or that they shouldn't post here at all. I believe you do post helpfull things aswell and i hope you take my post in good spirit.
sister i didn't say you could not post here :giggling:this is not my forum..
i am just saying the brother and the sisters had already gave you very good answers and you should now take it from us and move on..

if those answers are not good enough sister there is nothing left we can say... only forget him and carry on making du'aa for him and repent.. this is the month of ramadan do you know Allah will help you:statisfie

AnonymousPoster
09-01-2009, 04:10 AM
No i was asked to elaborate and others were still giving me their answers. Thankyou to everyone who has replied here.

AnonymousPoster
09-01-2009, 04:14 AM
I have no idea why you say i thought the replies were not good enough, i said nothing of the sort, other people were/are still replying to my query which i really appreciate. I sense you feel my matter is trivial and childish, so it is probably best you don't join in this thread anymore.

Muslim Woman
09-01-2009, 04:22 AM

I am being "cursed" by someone
Cursing is not encouraged in Islam. I read that if one curses someone and s/he does not deserve that ; then curse will return on that person who uttered that.

Anyway sis , don't worry. Repent sincerely for all your mistakes , ask Allah for forgiveness and ask His protection .InshaAllah u will be ok :statisfie

Studentofdeed
09-06-2018, 09:57 PM
You said he was forceful and abusive? Was this during the relationship or after you broke up? Did you try to giving him chances or warnings? Or was it abrupt and sudden? Please clarify? Im in a similar problem.

xboxisdead
09-06-2018, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen

I am so jealous! imsadimsad I want male friends and I cannot find them imsadimsadimsad!! I wish at work there are no female workers either...can't help but socialize with them, talk and all that stuff. I would love it if there is a company where it is all male so I can strengthen my imaan and void all zina that is piling up against me as I keep talking with female workers and watching their body as I have no choice! This is the Western world where women and men are equal and feminist at the highest peek and where women are taking over roles that are designed for men. This is the outcome..you get so used to it...a man no longer find shame, becomes a cuckold and just look at women naked and shrug it off. This is it in a nutshell.

HisServant
09-07-2018, 05:17 AM
There are some instances we should be very careful of cursing others, as we do not know the complete reality. It is better to ask Allah to deal with others in a manner which is best/justly.

Retaliation through cursing another believer or even disbeliever should be a last resort (i.e that person refuses to stop harming you/the oppressed etc).

Seeking protection with Allah from various evils:
Surah Ikhlas, Surah An Naas, Surah Al Falaq, Ayatul Kursi, Surah Yaseen.

Especially, mention has been made for parents to avoid cursing their children, as their status is raised highly in the sight of Allah and acceptance of duas are made. Additionally, none can harm another except by Allah's will.

Studentofdeed
09-08-2018, 12:58 AM
Sister, can you please reply to my questions? Im in need of your help so i can understand and assess my own situation as well. thank you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.