/* */

PDA

View Full Version : started salah before Imam - wht to do?

ahmed_indian
08-29-2009, 10:08 AM
:sl:,

if by mistake i start the salah before Imam, wht should i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yusuf Saeed
08-29-2009, 10:41 AM
:sl:

Then you just stop your prayer and wait until the Imam starts and will pray with him. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

aamirsaab
08-29-2009, 01:57 PM
What do you mean you started before imaam? Where you in the masjid when you were praying or at home? Had the adhan gone?

Cabdullahi
08-29-2009, 02:03 PM
also is it ok to recite fatiha with imam or is it better to read the fatiha after the imam has read

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
08-29-2009, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yusuf Saeed

Then you just stop your prayer and wait until the Imam starts and will pray with him. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
You are right.
However, if we realize our mistake after our salah has finished we must repeat our salah.

أبو سليمان عمر
08-29-2009, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
also is it ok to recite fatiha with imam or is it better to read the fatiha after the imam has read
Q 2: If a person joins the congregational Salah while the Imam is reciting Qur'an after Al-Fatihah in any loudly recited Salah (Prayer) such as Maghrib prayer, should this person recite Al-Fatihah first or not, as Allah (May He be Exalted) says: Surah Al-A`raf, 7: 204 So, when the Qur’ân is recited, listen to it, and be silent And if the person joins the Imam while he is still standing, and then as the person starts to recite (The Ayah) Al-Hamdulillah Rab-il-`Alamin, the Imam offers Takbir (for Ruku`[Prostration]), should the person follow the Imam or complete recitation to the end of Al-Fatihah?

A: Reciting Al-Fatihah is obligatory for the Imam, the person praying alone and the Ma'mum (person led in prayer) in Jahr (out loud) or Secretly pronounced prayers, due to the general evidence of reciting Al-Fatihah in Salah. Whoever joins the congregational Salah and offers Takbir with the Imam should recite it (Al-Fatihah), but if the Imam offers Ruku` before the person completes its recitation, they should follow the Imam and in this case, and the Rak`ah will suffice them. Besides, whoever fully catches up with the Imam in a state of Ruku`, this will also suffice them and they are not obliged to read Al-Fatihah according to the most correct opinion of Scholars. In this case, reciting Al-Fatihah is not obligatory as a person will not be able to recite it. This is because of the famous Hadith

( Part No : 6, Page No: 386)

of Abi Bakrah that is narrated in Sahih Al-Bukhari .

May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and companions!

Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'
source

and as for >>if by mistake i start the salah before Imam, wht should i do?

If you are at home su should go to the misjid if it is close that is a must on a muslim man we (brothers) are obligated to offer salah in misjid if it is close if it isnt then countiune ur pray u dont have to wait for imam if u mean at misjid stop and start again with imam.

the Prophet (peace be upon him) instructed, saying, “When he (the Imam) recites (the Qur’an), listen attentively.” The Prophet (peace be upon him) also said, “Perhaps you recite behind your Imam?” We (the Companions) said, “Yes, it is so, O Messenger of Allah.” He (peace be upon him) said, “Do not do that except with Fatiha-tul-Kitab (the Opening of the Book, i.e. Al-Fatihah); for there is no Salah (prayer) for the one who does not recite it.”

the Prophet (peace be upon him): "Whoever heard the call (adhan) and he did not come to it (the prayer), then there is no prayer for him except with an excuse”. It was said to Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them), 'What is a legal excuse?' He said, 'Fear or disease'.

Ramadhan
08-30-2009, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
In Fajr, maghrib and Insya prayers, I recite Al Fatihah after the imam has finished reciting it and while he is reciting some surat.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

ahmed_indian
08-30-2009, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
What do you mean you started before imaam? Where you in the masjid when you were praying or at home? Had the adhan gone?
i was talking about in masjid. and yes the adhan was done.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.