/* */

PDA

View Full Version : GCSE exam remark, worth it?

Adam101
08-29-2009, 03:22 PM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters.

Well, for my I.T grade I got a D.. this came as a shock as I thought I had done well in the exam.. also I got a A and B for both my courseworks. Also, if I get that D to C I will be granted a place at the sixth form. My teacher told me it was moderated too.

Is it worth it? Thanks..

P.S my board is AQA

Jazak..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
08-29-2009, 03:29 PM
:sl:

Ask your teacher how close your mark was to a C, if you're off by only a few marks, then it might be worth getting it remarked.

Usually you have to pay for a remark, but most examination boards re-imburse you if you end up getting a higher mark.

Zahida
08-29-2009, 03:41 PM
:sl:This is true but it will depend on your subject teacher whether he/she thinks it is worth going through al the efforts of the exam paper remarked, if it is out by one or two then it may be worth it. However i feel you will find these people stick to their final decision. Good luck anyway.:wa:;D

Far7an
08-29-2009, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl:This is true but it will depend on your subject teacher whether he/she thinks it is worth going through al the efforts of the exam paper remarked, if it is out by one or two then it may be worth it. However i feel you will find these people stick to their final decision. Good luck anyway.:wa:;D
I've found that more often than not, they credit the extra marks to the candidate. However there is the odd-occasion when the same examiner is given the paper to remark and he might feel offended :P and decide to be more strict second time round.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Banu_Hashim
08-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Depends on your marks. If you're only 1-5 marks off a C, then yeah go for it. But if you're like 20 marks off a C then discuss it with your teacher because there may be no point. You can even go down a grade if the examiners mark you down after the re-mark.

Ar-RaYYan
08-29-2009, 10:37 PM
How can you find out how many marks you were off from a particular grade?

Banu_Hashim
08-29-2009, 10:49 PM
It normally says on the exam results sheet.

Adam101
08-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Nope, it doesn't say on the results sheet at all. It just shows the overall grade. I just don't understand how I got a D when both my courseworks are A and B.. AND to not mention the fact that coursework counts as 60% !!!!!!:raging:

Ar-RaYYan
08-29-2009, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
It normally says on the exam results sheet.
No it doesnt say on the results sheet.

The Ruler
08-29-2009, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adam101
Nope, it doesn't say on the results sheet at all. It just shows the overall grade. I just don't understand how I got a D when both my courseworks are A and B.. AND to not mention the fact that coursework counts as 60% !!!!!!:raging:
Your 40% might've gone far worse than you thought it did. That's highy probable.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.