/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Birth Control?

AnonymousPoster
08-29-2009, 04:50 PM
:sl:

I am a revert, but never had any relations until i married.

My husband and i cant afford to have a baby right now, he just started his own business and i have two years of university left.

I have heard mixed advice on the issue of birth control, does anyone know the facts with back up on what is ok?
I want children, i wish i could have them now, but we just cannot afford it right now and our schedules just dont permit it.

I hope everyone will be respectful of my question and why i feel that children are not an option right now.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
08-29-2009, 05:24 PM
touchy subject, there is a dif of opinion as to whether its allowed but it has not been ruled totally haram to use birth control, (so long as the method is not harmful to the wife like some pills may be) however the reason should be a real reason.

As for because you cant afford it, Allahu alam i remember reading that this was not permissible and the daleel used was:
And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We shall provide for them as well as for you. Surely, the killing of them is a great sin.
17:31

cat eyes
08-29-2009, 05:28 PM
birth control pills is haraam because its stoping the natural flow of your body and it can be dangerous for many women. i am really not sure about condoms. mabe the other brothers and sisters could anser that.

you can speak to your doctor about natural contraception :) a muslim doctor if possible. i find many non muslim doctors intimidating

~Raindrop~
08-29-2009, 05:42 PM
salaam
'Birth Control and Abortion in Islam' published by White Thread Press is excellent. it looks at all four schools of thought as well as analysing all the modern methods. I think its available from Azharacademy.com.
wassalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
limitless
08-29-2009, 05:45 PM
:sl:

Every pill has a side effect. This birth pill has side effects, most internet info will tell you there are "none", but there are. As an opinion of mine, I wouldn't recommend you to use birth pills. They are no good.

And Allah swt is the provider for children.

Mufti answers the following question:

Is it permissable in Islam for a woman to use birth control pills?

Birth control pills are lawful, except if the birth control is used due to worrying over the sustenance of the child. Allah subhana wa ta'aala guaranteed in 2 verses of the Qur'an, in Al-An'am and Al-Israa, that he will sustain the child or children as well as sustain the parents. Thus, it is haram for a parent to worry over sustenance. If birth control is used due toother purposes, then there is no evidence for restricting its use.

Of course, birth control cannot be used within a greater social plan, because any social plan for birth control is not accepted in fiqh. Here, we only refer to individual actions.

source: http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=wEZyWa

:wa:

AnonymousPoster
08-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks for all the responses.

I just wanted to point out one thing it isnt just the providing for the child that im worried about, its the time.
I dont want to be one of those mothers that ships the kid off to daycare centers or baby sitters....but right now my schedule is just so hectic with work school etc i dont have sufficient time.

Is there any permissible methods?

S_87
08-29-2009, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Thanks for all the responses.

I just wanted to point out one thing it isnt just the providing for the child that im worried about, its the time.
I dont want to be one of those mothers that ships the kid off to daycare centers or baby sitters....but right now my schedule is just so hectic with work school etc i dont have sufficient time.

Is there any permissible methods?
check this out sis :)

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/20597/azl

or methods that dont mess up ur system internally ...

AnonymousPoster
08-29-2009, 07:13 PM
You have to make sure the method is halal. I'm not sure whether birth control pills are halal because i heard they use alcohol in their production.

IUDs are not halal because they keep the embryo from implanting in the uterus, so the embryo shrinks and dies. so this is a form of abortion.

There are other methods, like creams etc that you use just before coitus.

cat eyes
08-29-2009, 09:39 PM
You have to make sure the method is halal. I'm not sure whether birth control pills are halal because i heard they use alcohol in their production.

IUDs are not halal because they keep the embryo from implanting in the uterus, so the embryo shrinks and dies. so this is a form of abortion.

There are other methods, like creams etc that you use just before coitus.
i agree. i would not encourage pill use. i truely hope you take this advice as i know a woman who lost her sex drive over birth control pill.

it has many major and minor side effects and don't listen to most doctors who say it don't have major side effects. these are the same doctors who tell women that its okay to have sex during menses.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Ruling concerning birth control

Question: What is the ruling concerning birth control?

Response: This is a contemporary issue and many people ask about it. In the previous session of the Council of the Senior Scholars [of Saudi Arabia], there was a study of this issue. They issued a verdict according to their opinion on this issue. In sum, they concluded that it is not allowed to take birth control pills. Allaah has sanctioned the means that lead to procreation and a larger Muslim nation. The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:

((Marry the child-bearing, loving woman for I shall outnumber the peoples by you on the Day of Resurrection))

Another narration states at the end:

(([outnumber] the prophets on the Day of Resurrection))

The Muslim Nation is in need of being increased in numbers so that it may worship Allaah, strive in His way, and defend the Muslims, by the will of Allaah, from the plots of their enemies. It is a must to avoid such things [as birth control] and not to use them except in the cases of dire necessity. If there is a necessity, there is no harm. [This would be] for example, if the woman has some illness in her uterus or so forth that would harm her if she were to become pregnant. Then she may use such pills to the extent of her need.

This is also the case if she already has many children and it would become a hardship on her to have another one soon, then she may use the birth control pills for a specific amount of time, such as one year or two years, which is the amount of time designated for breast feeding, until she reaches the stage where she would be able to raise the child properly. But if the women is taking them just so she will be free of responsibility or to be able to work or to live a comfortable life and other similar reasons why women take such pills these days, [it should be understood that] for these reasons it is not allowed to take birth control pills.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz
Fataawa al-Mar.ah

Source

AnonymousPoster
08-30-2009, 12:40 AM
HELLO!! *waving arms in frustration*

I did NOT say is it ok to take PILLS....birth control does not always mean PILLS people! sheesh.

I want to know what methods are PERMITTED and not just the pull out method. I only wish to put it off for 2 years, not all together and NOT WITH PILLS.

So again, my question is WHAT KINDS OF BIRTH CONTROL ARE OK???

cat eyes
08-30-2009, 12:49 AM
HELLO!! *waving arms in frustration*

I did NOT say is it ok to take PILLS....birth control does not always mean PILLS people! sheesh.

I want to know what methods are PERMITTED and not just the pull out method. I only wish to put it off for 2 years, not all together and NOT WITH PILLS.

So again, my question is WHAT KINDS OF BIRTH CONTROL ARE OK???
cam down. no need for that attitude

جوري
08-30-2009, 01:05 AM
only your doctor can decide with you which type of birth control is best for you based on your body and your needs, your medical history and your age.

coitus interruptus was used during the time of the prophet (I don't believe that method is always successful) you can also do calculations with your doctor to find out which days are ok but that can limit your sexual activities and isn't very convenient nor is it always accurate since not every period happens every 28 or 31 days you can make an error..
there are IUD's and those too aren't without their problems especially for women who have had a prior PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).

There are sponges, and spermicides, and female condoms, and diaphragms.. you are right, BCP aren't the only way.. nor is your body really subject to a public debate given the many women on birth control pills for various other reasons which range from polycystic ovary disease to PMDD to even severe acne, to precocious puberty-- birth control pills are a catch all term for pills containing hormones as even some of the pills like SERMS for instance raloxifene (taken for osteoporosis) or tamoxifen citrate given to prevent and in active hormone sensitive breast cancer are a type of 'birth control' (they won't prevent conception) in the sense that they have the same hormones in birth control pills in lower dosages and are used for things completely different reasons..

birth control pills use the same hormones in your body, and can be used to give someone a hormone that their body is not naturally making.. or to curb certain conditions and diseases.. so treatment can't be branded as Haram without understanding conditions.

so I hope your take home message from this, is that you should see your doctor, you should listen to what he or she has to say, not some old wives tales. Yes hormones can be bad but they can also be very good depending on the individual. what works for one doesn't work for all. ultimately this is something that you, your husband and your doctor should discuss so you can make an informed decision insha'Allah..

I hope this thread will be closed on this end note insha'Allah..

:w:

Woodrow
08-30-2009, 01:20 AM
:wa:I believe the Sister above me made a good suggestion.

:threadclo

Let us all be honest and admit, we really do not know the answer to the question the sister is asking. However some suggestions have been given as to how to find the answers and that is more than any of us can do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.