/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Citizenship?

Rasema
08-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

This is a waste of thread but I need an answer.

My mother keeps insisting that I get a citizenship of U.S.A.

For some benefitial dunya reason.

They ask thinks like "Would you go to military if there was a draft?"

If you answer no,you failed.

I don't want to kill my own brothers and sisters. There probably won't be a draft but there could be a possibility.

I don't even want to be here :cry:

I just want a yes or a no answer...

Thanks a lot.

Also, I asked this question to a scholar and I haven't gotten a responce yet. My school starts Monday. My fajer time is on a bus stop. Is it permissable to pray on a side walk.Because I don't think its clean,people walk dogs ...
I'm also scared If my family finds out.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-30-2009, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema

This is a waste of thread but I need an answer.

My mother keeps insisting that I get a citizenship of U.S.A.

For some benefitial dunya reason.

They ask thinks like "Would you go to military if there was a draft?"

If you answer no,you failed.

I don't want to kill my own brothers and sisters. There probably won't be a draft but there could be a possibility.

I don't even want to be here :cry:

I just want a yes or a no answer...

Thanks a lot.

Also, I asked this question to a scholar and I haven't gotten a responce yet. My school starts Monday. My fajer time is on a bus stop. Is it permissable to pray on a side walk.Because I don't think its clean,people walk dogs ...
I'm also scared If my family finds out.
If you are a minor under the age of 18 or a senior citisen over the age of 65 I doubt there would be any advantage or disadvantage to getting citizenship.

About the draft question. Unless the law has changed, it is illegal to draft females, so that is a moot point.

My answer is NO their is no reason to get citizenship, based upon the information in your post. However, not getting it could limit job opportunities and education benefits and hold the possibility of deportation to your homeland.

About Fajr

In my opinion for the reasons you mentioned it would be haraam to pray on those side walks. If there is a bench near sit on the bench and go through the motions in your mind while sitting, if there is no bench offer your prayers standing again going through the motions in your mind..

Just my opinion Astagfirullah

Rasema
08-30-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm so confused about fajer?

There is no benches.

I don't think it's valid to just imagine it in your mind though.

I could imagine it while I'm in the bus.

Humbler_359
08-30-2009, 03:12 AM
:sl: sister,

If you ask me, the answer would be definitely no. It is not benefit nothing. If you get citizenship, I completed my education degree in US but refused to accept citizenship because I know we as Muslim will feel not secure under US government. Maybe you will consider Canada........:D

What do you mean, your family find out? You mean, you are revert?

Regarding your fajr times, I don't want you to put in danger outside in the morning in public, I don't know how people will reaction to this. Just try best to figure out other way (maybe park or tree near bus stop), Allah doesn't want to put you in difficult places but know your prayer in heart.

Hope this help.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rasema
08-30-2009, 03:21 AM
I wish I had a firm answer.

The grass in Florida is weird and there might be animals over it.

What's wrong with the side walk?

People, who cares.

I also have to pray Duhur in school, which is not that big of a problem.

I'm just afraid If my family finds out(Muslim) they're not religious at all!

Humbler_359
08-30-2009, 03:26 AM
Here's example,

One of the best youtube I have ever seen is you see a British Muslim revert with a Muslim lady prayed in the mall public near stairs (Very impressive!, Masha'Allah). May Allah reward them for their truly devotion, Ameen!

See here

Woodrow
08-30-2009, 03:26 AM
I'm so confused about fajer?

There is no benches.

I don't think it's valid to just imagine it in your mind though.

I could imagine it while I'm in the bus.
Your prayer is valid if for any reason you can not do the physical aspects and have to do it mentally. But you do have to do as much of the physical aspects as you are capable of.

I belieive the seat on the bus would be fine, as long as it is at the proper time.

Just my opinion Astagfirullah. I base that on myself as my legs and arms are partially paralyized and I have limited range of motion and can not kneel or lift my arms very high. Although I am limited by physical impairments I believe the cause of the limitations (surroundings in your case) are not important as long as they are not by your choice.

Rasema
08-30-2009, 03:28 AM
I do appreciate taking that risk to reply but I still don't think it's valid. Yes, It would be on the proper time.

Rasema
08-30-2009, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
Here's example,

One of the best youtube I have ever seen is you see a British Muslim revert with a Muslim lady prayed in the mall public near stairs (Very impressive!, Masha'Allah). May Allah reward them for their truly devotion, Ameen!

See here
Thanks, my family will definitly find out then. The bloody television even captured me getting on the bus once(according to my mother)

Woodrow
08-30-2009, 03:40 AM
I do appreciate taking that risk to reply but I still don't think it's valid. Yes, It would be on the proper time.
Sounds like on the bus is your only option.

Rasema
08-30-2009, 03:42 AM
Sorry,I want a scholar.

I can't let fear of humans be grater than the fear of Allah.

I need an answer by Monday!

Humbler_359
08-30-2009, 03:45 AM
Sorry,I want a scholar.

:sl: Rasema,

You are making excellent point, I agreed. You are very strong person. Don't be afraid of your family, if finding out, they should praise you for your efforts, Insha'Allah!

Woodrow
08-30-2009, 03:56 AM
Sorry,I want a scholar.

Sadly we do not have any scholars on staff or as members. I am the oldest person on the forum at 69 years old. But, many of the young members are more knowledgeable then I am.

Perhaps you can call a local Masjid and ask for the telephone number of a local scholar. If you like I can PM you the email address of Sheik Yusuf Islam He is quite knowledgeable even if he is younger than me.

Humbler_359
08-30-2009, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Sadly we do not have any scholars on staff or as members. I am the oldest person on the forum at 69 years old. But, many of the young members are more knowledgeable then I am.

Perhaps you can call a local Masjid and ask for the telephone number of a local scholar. If you like I can PM you the email address of Sheik Yusuf Islam He is quite knowledgeable even if he is younger than me.

Greeting brother Woodrow,

I didn't know, you are the oldest person on this forum, May Allah keep you in a very good health and joyful as well as your wife, Insha'Allah! Ameen.

glo
08-30-2009, 04:45 AM

In my opinion for the reasons you mentioned it would be haraam to pray on those side walks. If there is a bench near sit on the bench and go through the motions in your mind while sitting, if there is no bench offer your prayers standing again going through the motions in your mind..

That's interesting, and not something I have heard before.

If there is no opportunity to kneel and pray fully, is it permissible to do the prayer motions in your mind?
I remember an Imam telling us once that ill people can do the prayer movements in bed, using their hand rather than the whole body, but I have never heard of doing it in one's mind.

جوري
08-30-2009, 04:54 AM
Sr Rasema.. I have known two or three green card holders who have gone for their residency of late and I assure you, no such question was asked..
they ask you questions on U.S history and whether you have loyalty to 'foreign prince' :haha: or are a communist .. someone needs to update the constitution since some of those q's are really dated.. but there is nothing about drafting or refusing to draft.. when you take your oath you'll be in a large room and no one will listen to what you are saying, put you hand across your chest and say La illah illah Allah .. over and over while smiling..

:w:

TrueStranger
08-30-2009, 05:35 AM
:sl:

Well, sometimes I used to wake-up before fajr prayers and go to college. By the time I reached there it would be time to pray fajr and I would pray there.

Insha'Allah you will find a way to pray on time. :D

Woodrow
08-30-2009, 05:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
That's interesting, and not something I have heard before.

If there is no opportunity to kneel and pray fully, is it permissible to do the prayer motions in your mind?
I remember an Imam telling us once that ill people can do the prayer movements in bed, using their hand rather than the whole body, but I have never heard of doing it in one's mind.
When I lived in Austin a dear friend of mine was a very respected Scholar. We discussed many of these issue at length. Because of my legs often I can not even sit for prayer and need to remain standing. He was the one who told me that if for any valid reason I can not do the physical motions my thoughts would be the same as if I was actually doing them physically.

I find that all scholars I have spoken with or read agree with that for example:

SOME QUESTIONS & ANSWERS RELEVANT TO SALAAT

Answer to the Question asked obtained from AyatullahAl-Uzama Sayyid Ali Al-Husaini Al-Seestani Dama Dhilluhu

Paper # 4 RE DISABLED PERSON

Q) What is the ruling for a disabled person who offers prayers while remaining seated on the chair. Is it correct that such a person joining Namaz must in the beginning stand till Ruku of the 1st Rakaat & then perform all the actions while seated up to the end bowing wherever possible. Is it right for this person to lift the sajdagah & place it in the forehead while reciting the Dhikr of sujood or just bows more without sajdagah touching the forehead ? ( Sajdagah is on the small table infront of the Musalli all the time )
A) Your question is general which requires a detailed reply as it would apply individually according to his incapacitated position.

In short if he is unable to stand while praying, he should sit down, & if he is unable to sit, he should lie down. As long as a person is able to offer prayers standing, he should not sit down. For example, if the body of a person shakes, or moves when he stands, or he is obliged to lean on something, or to incline his body a bit, he should continue to offer prayers standing in whatever manner he can. But, if he cannot st& at all, he should sit upright, & offer prayers in that position. As long as he can sit, he should not offer prayers in a lying posture, & if he cannot sit straight, he should sit in any manner he can. & if he cannot sit at all, he should lie on his right side. If he also cannot lie on the left side then he should lie on his back with his feet facing Qibla.

For example, as your question implies, a person is praying seated on a chair with a table in front of him on which is laid Mor (Sijdagah). As long as he is able to stand up he should do so & recite Takbiratul Ihram in a standing position & if he can continue standing up to recite the Qir’at he should continue to do so & perform Ruku & then sit down to perform Sajdah. If he cannot continue standing up he should sit down after reciting Takbiratul Ihram & perform Ruku in a sitting position. If he cannot stand up & recite Takbiratul Ihram then only he should recite Takbiratul Ihram in a sitting position. If he is offering prayers in a sitting position, & after reciting Hamd & Surah, he is able to stand up & perform Ruku, he should first stand up, & then perform Ruku. But if he cannot do so, he should perform Ruku while sitting.

If a person cannot bow down for Ruku properly, he should lean on something & perform Ruku. & if he cannot perform Ruku even after he has leaned, he should bow down to the maximum extent he can, so that it could be customarily recognized as a Ruku. & if he cannot bend at all, he should make a sign for Ruku with his head.

If a person is supposed to make a sign with his head for Ruku is unable to do so, he should close his eyes with the niyyat of Ruku, & then recite Zikr. & for rising from Ruku, he should open his eyes. & if he is unable to do even that, he should, as a precaution, make a niyyat of Ruku in his mind, & then make a sign of Ruku with his hands & recite Zikr.

If a person cannot perform Ruku while standing, but can bend for it while sitting, he should offer prayers standing & should make a sign with his head for Ruku. & the recommended precaution is that he should offer another prayer in which he would sit down at the time of Ruku, & bow down for it.

If a person cannot find something high on which he may place the mohr, or any other allowable thing, & if he cannot find any person who would raise the mohr etc. for him, then as precaution, he should raise it with his h& & do Sajdah on it.

(As regards to raising the mohr with his h& & do Sajdah on it, Hujjatul Islam Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi has commented: The basis of your answer is correct; however, when I compared the statement in the Tawzihul Masa'il with what the Sayyid has written in Minhajus Salihiyn (which I consider to be more updated & comprehensive), it seems that the emphasis in the Minhaj is doing it by ishara rather than bring the muhr by h& to the forehead. In any case, the issue of bringing the muhr to the forehead is based on ihtiyat istihbabi, & not ihtiyat wujubi; and, therefore, I would go with the sajda by ishara as the first choice.)

If a person cannot perform Sajdah at all, he should make a sign for it with his head, & if he cannot do even that, he should make a sign with his eyes. & if he cannot make a sign even with his eyes he should, on the basis of obligatory precaution, make a sign for Sajdah with his hands etc. & should make a niyyat for Sajdah in his mind, & recite the obligatory Zikr.

aadil77
08-30-2009, 07:12 AM
Just get a water proof type prayer mat and pray wherever seems cleanest

Rasema
08-30-2009, 05:55 PM
I'll bring a plastic large bag.I don't have a water proof rug. Good idea,thanks. That way I can pray on grass.

Thanks all of you, you've been of a lot of help.

I'll manage to find that question and PM you sister :).

By the way, I have another question. Aunty told me that you get in to the bathroom with your right foot and get out with your right foot.
However, in elementary in Bosnia, I was told to enter with your leaft foot and get out with your right,who's correct?

Thanks a lot. May Allah,spw, reward all of you.

Rasema
08-30-2009, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger

Well, sometimes I used to wake-up before fajr prayers and go to college. By the time I reached there it would be time to pray fajr and I would pray there.

Insha'Allah you will find a way to pray on time. :D
MashAllah, may Allah,spw, strenghten us.

Ameen

Woodrow
08-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I'll bring a plastic large bag.I don't have a water proof rug. Good idea,thanks. That way I can pray on grass.

Thanks all of you, you've been of a lot of help.

I'll manage to find that question and PM you sister :).

By the way, I have another question. Aunty told me that you get in to the bathroom with your right foot and get out with your right foot.
However, in elementary in Bosnia, I was told to enter with your leaft foot and get out with your right,who's correct?

Thanks a lot. May Allah,spw, reward all of you.

It is Sunnah to enter the Bathroom with your left foot and leave with your right foot. Right now all of my books are packed up as we are moving, but I will try to find the Hadeeth that mention that on line.

I found many sites that clarify this they all say the same thing. This site seems to be the clearest and to the best of my knowledge is non sectarian:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17544865/E...or-Muslim-Kids

Rasema
09-01-2009, 12:26 AM

Thank you brother Woodrow, you've been of a lot of help.

I preformed Duhur in school and I'm unable to preform Sunnets. Do I have to make tham up(Abu Hanifa's)?

And Fajer is so short without sunnets. I feel as If my Salah is incomplete.

I take wudu during lunch. Which is an hour or so before Duhur. I hear so much cursing(public school) would this have an affect on my wudu? So I take it later.

Intisar
09-01-2009, 12:41 AM
You don't necessarily have to be a citizen. You can always stay a permanent resident (green card) right? I mean, really, the benefits seem the same.

Rasema
09-01-2009, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Intisar
You don't necessarily have to be a citizen. You can always stay a permanent resident (green card) right? I mean, really, the benefits seem the same.
WA Alaiku Muselam

My beloved sis, my mother wants to get a citizenship. She insists that I get one so she gets it easier. It's a little too personal but I don't have a word in my house "DO THIS,PERIOD."

I really don't want one +o(

جوري
09-02-2009, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Intisar
The only couple of benefits I can see are:
1- you don't need a visa to travel to European countries ( I am not sure if that is true anymore) but certainly was the case always...
2- with a green card you'll have to renew it every 7-8 years I believe?
I am sure there are others but I think those are quite striking.. since the point of less hassle is better.. but I am really not aware of such outlandish questions as the sister previously mentioned ... perhaps things have changed of late?

Al Ansari
09-02-2009, 09:32 AM
assalaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.

Ramadhan Mubarak.

Praying While Sitting

Saudi Islamic lecturer and author Sheikh Muhammad Saleh Al-Munajjid points out:

“Standing is an essential part of the prayer, and if a person fails to stand during the prayer, from the initial takbeer to the final salam, with no valid excuse for that, his prayer is invalid.

Allah Almighty says: “ And stand before Allah with obedience” (Al-Baqarah :238)

This rule applies especially to the obligatory prayers; i.e., in performing supererogatory prayers, sitting is permitted, though it earns one half of the reward of performing prayer in standing. The evidence that this rule applies only to the obligatory prayers is the hadith in which the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Pray while standing.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to pray supererogatory prayers (sitting) on a saddle, but on getting to pray an obligatory prayer, he would get down off his saddle so that he could fulfill the essential conditions of the prayer, i.e., standing and facing the qiblah. (Reported by Al Bukhari and Muslim)

http://http://www.islamonline.net/se...EAskTheScholar

http://http://www.islamonline.net/se...EAskTheScholar

Sampharo
09-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Hi Rasema,

I just saw your thread here. Let me try to address some of the points you raised.

As for praying fajr, the prophet said "land was made for me a masjed and clean" meaning that any spot on land is valid to perform your prayer. As far as cleanliness is concerned, as long as you don't see a direct harm (dog excrement, rancid water, etc) it is find to pray. Sidewalk is fine, a dry spot with a newspaper spread is sufficient. Grass does not require anything spread unless it is wet. If it is dry it is presumed Taher (pure) until indication of uncleanliness is clear.

Try to maintain Dhuhr sunna though, daily maintainance ensures your house in paradise. :) (The prophet -pbuh- said: "Whomever prays 12 nawafel rakaa in the day and night, God builds him a house in paradise") Half of the 12 rakaa are the 6 of Dhuhr. Making up the Dhuhr sunnah is not required with Hanafi and Maliki fiqh, but is possible with Shafei and most of the Hanbali Sheikhs.

Brother Woodrow, praying in your mind is not permissible even for a quadraplegic, that is because they can pray by moving their eyes. It is good that you were saying this is your opinion though, God bless you. The person needs to perform the acts concerned with the prayer as long as his body can handle it. If the ground is completely filthy and cannot be prostated upon, then find a bench or rock, and perform your prayer standing, making rokoo as normal, and then sitting on the bench or rock and making a bow without touching the ground to resemble the prostration, standing up at the beginning of the new Rakaa. Chair is used if standing is impossible or a great distress, like in a car or on a plane.

As far as the US citizenship is concerned, what I am told is that the amount of hassles you get as a US citizen are more than otherwise when it comes to taxes and possession (You are not allowed to have offshore accounts, or have business interests with the blacklisted countries like Iran or Cuba, and all your worldwide income above 70k or so is taxed). I heard the warnings about that. Other than that, a US passport will give you protection and rights that your current passport might not (depending on your current citizenship this might be a big deal or a moot point). So it's really up to you to decide on what you will do. HOWEVER, you said something you need to be aware of:

My beloved sis, my mother wants to get a citizenship. She insists that I get one so she gets it easier. It's a little too personal but I don't have a word in my house "DO THIS,PERIOD."
I have never heard a single scholar ever asked about ANYTHING that a mother asked a person to do, and the scholar said anything other than "Do it immediately without delay!" That included leaving a beloved suitor, or marrying a specific woman, or staying away from a feud, or not going even on Umra (but not the obligatory haj, otherwise it is disobedience to God and you should go in spite)! Sheikh Shenqeetee has explained it in a profound lecture that brought him to tears when he remembered his dead mother, that with Parental Pleasure, every portal of mercy and providence is opened for you that whatever you do in life is blessed just because you're pleasing your mother.

He told of a young man who came to him once asking him that his mother is insisting that he marries this unattractive skinny girl that wasn't even a good muslim, and he yearned for his cousin who was both beautiful and devout muslim, and the sheikh told him to obey his mother. WHen the man argued that the prophet asked men to seek the one with better religion ("Woman is married for four: either beauty, or social class, or money, or religion. Win the one with the religion your hands will be blessed."), the Sheikh answered that it was mustahabb, not obligatory, and that obeying the mother is obligatory. The man revised the Shiekh over a whole month and the Sheikh maintained his position and told him to keep coming till he's dead if he wants to keep wasting his time, there will be no angle to tackle this.

The man married the woman his mother wanted, and he visited the Sheikh two years later, kissed his hand, and told him that the woman he married was the kindest he could ever imagine, and with marital life she brightened up and took care of herself and gained beauty, and most importantly turned out to be from an unreligious home but was hungry for learning, and learned from him and books and became the most pious he could imagine. As for the cousin he liked, low and behold she went through circumstances that made her depressed and nasty in treatment, and in rejection she dropped her religious obligations and was hardly ever praying anymore.

You don't know where's the good, and God will arrange it for you because you have obeyed him in one of the highest commandments he enjoined upon us as muslims: pleasing and obeying our parents. Because your mother has asked you to do this, and insists you do, and it is not a disobedience to God, you HAVE TO do it if you don't want to be commiting a sin of displeasing your mother, which is a huge one.

Barak Allahu feekee sister

convert
09-02-2009, 02:23 PM
If you are a minor under the age of 18 or a senior citisen over the age of 65 I doubt there would be any advantage or disadvantage to getting citizenship.

About the draft question. Unless the law has changed, it is illegal to draft females, so that is a moot point.

My answer is NO their is no reason to get citizenship, based upon the information in your post. However, not getting it could limit job opportunities and education benefits and hold the possibility of deportation to your homeland.

About Fajr

i don't advise a sister going through the full salat in public. if you can seculde yourself do that, or pray on a bench but not in public. when you go into ruku and sajdah some pervert might be oogling you.

UmmSqueakster
09-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

My husband became a citizen in July alhamdulilah. He thought long and hard about it and decided to for the following reasons:

1. Ease of travel. With an egyptian passport, he may have a hard time getting visas to other countries, even as a US permenant resident
2. Possibility to live abroad. As a green card holder, one needs to maintain their permenant residence in the united states. If you move overseas, you lose it. This way, we could move to the gulf or egypt, and still have the option of moving back to the US or visiting easily
3. Possibility of making hajj easier. I've never heard of an american being turned down for a hajj visa, where as it's much more difficult to get one as an egyptian
4. Jobs. It's harder to get a job as a green card holder. Potential employers look upon you with more suspicion, thinking you'll leave, or lose your status
5. Easier when we move abroad. We'd like to move to the gulf some day inshaAllah and quite frankly, egyptians are not treated as equals. As an american, he'll inshaAllah be viewed better and will have the potential to get a better job.
6. Peace of mind. Don't have to worry about immigration, or carrying around his green card all the time.
7. Don't have to pay USCIS anymore money alhamdulilah! We've paid them enough already, don't want to have to pay them every 10 years for a renewed green card.

Rasema
09-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Assalamu ALikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

Wa alaiku muselam

Thanks for all of your replies.

There is a park near my bus stop so I pray there on grass. It's dark, so brother convert no one would see me. I use this big, plastic bag as a rug and paper towels to prostrate on. I'm specifying this to make sure that all of it is permitted to be used.

As for Duhur. My principal allowed me use a private room and I pray there only Fards. However, when I get home I pray sunnets as well. Unfortunately, I don't have time to pray sunnets for Fajer.

About obeying my mother, It's really hard to obey her, because all she carres about is dunya. She keeps telling me to focus on school and leave Islam for a while. It upsets me. I don't have much respect for her :(

I'll try my best though.

The citizenship, I don't want it because I don't want to be in a kufr country. Oh well, I'll just live here and get a citizenship....... until my mother dies and I wither than I'll move to Saudia Arabia,InshAllah.

Again, thanks a lot.

Foxhole
09-02-2009, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Sr Rasema.. I have known two or three green card holders who have gone for their residency of late and I assure you, no such question was asked..
they ask you questions on U.S history and whether you have loyalty to 'foreign prince' :haha: or are a communist .. someone needs to update the constitution since some of those q's are really dated.. but there is nothing about drafting or refusing to draft.. when you take your oath you'll be in a large room and no one will listen to what you are saying, put you hand across your chest and say La illah illah Allah .. over and over while smiling..

Don't take the oath if you can't take it honestly.

Rasema
09-02-2009, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Foxhole
Oath from the Qur'an?

If it's not from the Qur'an then what's the big issue?
Is it maybe by darwin?

Foxhole
09-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Oath from the Qur'an?

If it's not from the Qur'an then what's the big issue?
Is it maybe by darwin?
I was speaking of the oath of citizenship if you take it. Are you prepared to speak that oath and not be telling the truth? Should I assume the same of other Muslims?

rpwelton
09-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Assalamu ALikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

Wa alaiku muselam

Thanks for all of your replies.

There is a park near my bus stop so I pray there on grass. It's dark, so brother convert no one would see me. I use this big, plastic bag as a rug and paper towels to prostrate on. I'm specifying this to make sure that all of it is permitted to be used.

As for Duhur. My principal allowed me use a private room and I pray there only Fards. However, when I get home I pray sunnets as well. Unfortunately, I don't have time to pray sunnets for Fajer.

About obeying my mother, It's really hard to obey her, because all she carres about is dunya. She keeps telling me to focus on school and leave Islam for a while. It upsets me. I don't have much respect for her :(

I'll try my best though.

The citizenship, I don't want it because I don't want to be in a kufr country. Oh well, I'll just live here and get a citizenship....... until my mother dies and I wither than I'll move to Saudia Arabia,InshAllah.

Again, thanks a lot.
Am I understanding this correctly, that your family is Muslim (or at least claims to be)?

If your Mom tells you to disobey Allah you should not obey her, but in all other matters you need to show her kindness and treat her with respect and obey her.

Rasema
09-02-2009, 08:14 PM
I was speaking of the oath of citizenship if you take it. Are you prepared to speak that oath and not be telling the truth? Should I assume the same of other Muslims?

I was speaking,that if it's not from the Qur'an than it's not that big of an issue to LIE.

There are hadeeths in which we are permitted to lie in some cases.

Our obligatios are divided. Lying to obey your mother's commends is something you'll get rewarded for. Second worship in Islam is to obey your parents.

If it was time for prayer and my mother asked me to do something. I would go and pray. Same goes for the citizenship.

Rasema
09-02-2009, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton
Am I understanding this correctly, that your family is Muslim (or at least claims to be)?

If your Mom tells you to disobey Allah you should not obey her, but in all other matters you need to show her kindness and treat her with respect and obey her.
Yes, my family just claims to be Muslim. For that reason it's hard to be a good Muslim. We should try hard to not be like those who we're with,in this case.

Foxhole
09-02-2009, 08:59 PM
I was speaking,that if it's not from the Qur'an than it's not that big of an issue to LIE.

There are hadeeths in which we are permitted to lie in some cases.

Our obligatios are divided. Lying to obey your mother's commends is something you'll get rewarded for. Second worship in Islam is to obey your parents.

If it was time for prayer and my mother asked me to do something. I would go and pray. Same goes for the citizenship.
And you would consider swearing an oath of citizenship to be one of those cases?

Have it your way. But you have given anyone who reads this thread full justification for suspecting that Muslims in the US are disloyal citizens.

Rasema
09-02-2009, 09:01 PM
And you would consider swearing an oath of citizenship to be one of those cases?

Have it your way. But you have given anyone who reads this thread full justification for suspecting that Muslims in the US are disloyal citizens.
So are thousands of natural born citizens.

Rasema
09-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Also, I uncover in the bathroom to take wudu. Is this fine with Abu HAnifa's school of thaught?

Foxhole
09-02-2009, 09:12 PM
So are thousands of natural born citizens.
OK then ...

Sampharo
09-04-2009, 12:56 PM
About obeying my mother, It's really hard to obey her, because all she carres about is dunya. She keeps telling me to focus on school and leave Islam for a while. It upsets me. I don't have much respect for her.
Even if she was completely and publicly non-muslim, you obey her in whatever it is that is not disobeying God in obligations. Rasema you are on an Islamic forum asking a citizenship question, the only thing here that we can give you with a bit of knowledge is remind you of Islamic principals, and the highest of them is to obey your mother in whatever it is that she says if it is not disobeying God, and there is nothing in the citizenship that is disobeying God. The other stuff she's saying about leaving Islam practice right now and all that you don't have to obey (as long as it is obligatory, parents have the right to tell you not to pray nawafel or to not go on voluntary umra, or to not study specialized material) as long as you treat them kindly about it. Otherwise their obedience even if it was in silly Dunya matters as you think of, is part of obeying God.

Sheikh Haywa Bin Shorayh used to be in his Islamic lecturing class where he was teaching hundreds of students (what better deed to be doing for God and the afterlife) when his mother would call on him: "Haywa, get up and feed the chickens!!" And his response would be to comply without question or delay. If you spend your life praying only the required prayers without nawafel, fasting ramadan without extras, and just do your mother's requests and trying to please her to the best of your abilities, you would have spent your life better than the bowing prostating masses and would meet God having earned more good deeds on your scale than those who fasted the days and read quran all through the night (if they didn't do as you did that is, but most of such people are pious and completely devoted to their parents too). So if you are seeking Islam, this IS ISLAM, and it's an obligation you may not ignore simply because you disagree with what she requests or because you don't like her motivation Worldly superficial motivation, because you are not obeying her out of understanding her logic anyway, you're obeying her because it's the highest most righteous deed a person can do in Islam. People were turned away from Jihad and muslims went to defend against the advancing hordes of infidels outnumbered because of men asked to stay behind and take care of and please their old parents. That's how high this is.

As for the oath and all that stuff, remember that Ibrahim -pbuh- when he learned that the king of the city he was entering with his wife was getting married women's husbands killed, he lied at the gate and said she was his sister. Like many here said they wouldn't ask that army question in the first place.

Did I mention what a big deal it is to obey your mother even if you don't like it and how much you'll be rewarded for it in Islam?! :)

vlamrko
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Rasema, don't let the stress you are under distort the value of common morality and decency professed and encouraged within Islam as well as human instinct. it does not seem to me that your mother is attempting to sabotage your faith or make you unhappy, but that she has an opinion as to what is best for you and even if you disagree you should respect and acknowledge that she is caring for you. if you do not want to take an oath accepting citizenship in America then don't, but do not lie in order to gain some convenience. either decision you make will provide you with difficulty which may seem unfair but is necessary, you step away from goodness if you seek to make it an easier trial by lying and deceiving your family. i suggest that if you don't like America then you should explore it, only if you are serious about accepting this oath, and try to find parts of it that you do like. i am a practicing Muslim and i love america like it were family to me, you should approach it open mindedly. if you expect it to be awful then it will be, but if you actively seek out things which may appeal to you then i can almost promise you that you will find them. there are thousands of Muslims here, who are safe and happy and devout. you cannot chide Americans so blatantly with generalizations and ignorance or you are no better than Westerners who chide Muslims similarly. this is a big country, there is so much left which you cannot legitimately form an opinion on until you see and experience it. for discrimination and misery, live in western australia for a year. i could kiss American ground when i returned from that nightmare.

Rasema
09-06-2009, 03:03 AM

Thanks all

Brother Sampharo, I had to ponder over your statement that Islam is all oround me:

"Our Lord! Thou createdst not this in vain. Glory be to Thee! Preserve us from the doom of Fire. (191) Our Lord! Whom Thou causest to enter the Fire: him indeed Thou hast confounded"

But this is the Islam I want:

Lo! I suffer not the work of any worker, male or female, to be lost. Ye proceed one from another. So those who fled and were driven forth from their homes and suffered damage for My cause, and fought and were slain, verily I shall remit their evil deeds from them and verily I shall bring them into Gardens underneath which rivers flow - A reward from Allah. And with Allah is the fairest of rewards. (195,Ali Imaran)

Not taking kufrs for friends is very hard in America, and being obligated to make a hijra to a Muslim country(unless I'm wrong) is something in conflict with this decicion.

The Islam I want I thaught is where it is easy for me to do good deeds. Once you have money just pass it on, for example, but the battle is the one within ourselves, the one I'm in right now. I knew that I was doing something wrong and I blamed my mother when it actually was me. I need patience and taqua. That is the resolution.

I will be with those I love some day, InshAllah.

And, I'll try to remember that when my mother is telling me to do something it is Allah obligating me to do it because he obligates me to be obedient to my mother.

جوري
09-06-2009, 03:21 AM
The Oath to serve God is an oath of honesty.. and all of God's earth belongs to God, one wonders on God's earth and settles where s/he is best suited.. before the 'Americans' this land belonged to aboriginals who were wiped out and those left forced into a life of gambling and casinos. by the folks who want an oath of 'honesty'

say I have a good idea about do's and don'ts..
if you don't like it here, or what the members have to say here, then don't be a member here.. does that sound like a plan?

now do us all a favor and tinkle your pearls else where..

YusufNoor
09-06-2009, 03:53 AM

so what do "loyal citizens" do?

let's quote, eh?

It quoted witnesses as saying they had seen guards urinating on people and drinking "vodka shots out of (buttock) cracks."
:omg:

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/09/03/83809.html

i reckon we DON'T support your "rights" to travel the world and do "butt shots of vodka!"

but if that is the epitome of superloyalisticnationalism for you, well then enjoy it. we'll just pretend it you don't mind!

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.