/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Im trying to learn "Islamic law" quoted from the Hadiths!

spreadlove
08-30-2009, 05:44 AM
Asalamalaykum brothers and sisters, i am a new revert, 1 week strong and never looking back to my old ways! Ive never been this happy in my life and i feel like I am doing the right thing for once in my life and i have no doubts whatsoever, I admit i have flaws and i have a lot to learn and I am humble and very considerate of others and their beliefs, even if they go against mine. Ive learned to let go of my arrogance and anger and ive become compassionate and loving to others and everyday i get better at it. So alot of questions arise in my mind and i repent everyday because i admit my mistakes so if someone is patient enough to answer all my questions because i need someone that is true to Islam and doesnt follow anything but the Quran and Hadiths because that is all i want to follow. If someone would like to help me please understand that I use my logic to understand and Id like to take your perspective but all in all, if you can show me the direct quotes (verses) from the quran and hadiths to answer my questions, Id highly appreciate it! I am very strong in my belief in Islam being the true path and Id like to share make a new Muslim friend because thats what Islam is about! Unification and peace! So let me know if you can help and well talk from there! Id like an aim sn preferably because chatting is quicker and easier, Im not always home to reply or wait for answers. Thanks for reading all this and god bless all of you! Asalamalaykum!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caller الداعي
08-30-2009, 11:19 AM
may Allah make it easy 4 u !

Snowflake
08-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Welcome to Islam brother. May Allah increase you in everything which pleases Him. Ameen.

InshaAllah, ask your questions here brother. We also have lots to learn and hopefully we can all benefit from the answers. :)

Sampharo
08-30-2009, 06:52 PM
May God bless your life and your seeking of his knowledge.

Remember brother, the prophet Mohammed -pbuh- said: "The religion of God is deep, tread gently". If you have become muslim one week ago, I would say you are moving too fast to try and learn Islamic law and direct like that from primary sources. You need to first get the basics of quran, its interpretation, faith, monotheism, principals of Hadith, principals of fiqh (jurisprudence), then you can get acquainted with fiqh itself and shariah (islamic law). It is also best to take secondary and approved analysis of trustworthy sheikhs and scholars (their books and recorded lectures) like Al-Albani and such, for direct attempt at using your own logic will mostly be flawed as there are many principals of ruling extraction and even ambiguities lost in translation that you will not be familiar with.

Good luck brother

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asim Khan
09-01-2009, 11:15 AM
As-salam-o-alikum brother,

I assume you know about Dr. Zakir Naik. If not, you must see his lectures, he's always busy quoting Quran and hadith and trying to give logical answers. (Sheik Yusuf Estes' site) www.tubeislam.com

Brother, I learned from Dr. Israr Ahmed that the learned groups of our ummah (students of Islam) have been wasting too much time and energy just debating fiqh with each other. Materialism and Agnosticism is running rampant in the world. What good is refining shariah studies if the fitnah of rejection of hadith is growing in the ummah?

From Synthesis of Iman and Islamic Renaissance:

Among the most prominent factors leading to the continuing decline of the Muslim ummah is the shift of emphasis among the Muslims from metaphysical pursuits to material concerns. The modern Muslim intellectuals – spellbound by the material progress and dazzling exterior of the western civilization and dismayed by the inability, indeed the sheer refusal, of the `ulama to counter the western philosophical onslaught – sought to uplift the Muslims from their woeful predicament and prescribed the medicine of modernization. The process of modernization is rooted in scientism – the belief that the Ultimate Reality can only be arrived at via the scientific method of investigation. The scientific method is limited to the sensorial, material realm and denies, or at least is skeptical of, the spiritual, metaphysical dimension of life.

[...]

God has imbued man with many capacities and mental faculties to exploit to his benefit any field or domain, provided these faculties are properly applied. Every earnest research worker can explore a new world in the domain of his selected field of inquiry. Compared with the vastness and grandeur of the universe, the shining sun itself is nothing more than a tiny speck, while a tiny particle of dust may open up for a scientist realms hardly less in complexity and fascination than the shining sun. Similarly, the universe, matter, and terrestrial existence may look extremely trivial in contrast to God, the soul, and the life Hereafter, but if these mundane concerns are made the subject of study and research, they may lead to boundless vistas of knowledge.

This actually happened in Europe. When the universe and matter were brought under scientific investigation, man gradually discovered to his utter astonishment a clue to power and energy in apparently dead and inert material phenomena. And this led to a new revolution in the realm of knowledge and technology.

[...]

Over the past hundred and fifty or two hundred years, European philosophers developed a number of schools of thought about the nature of man and human life, but one central attitude that persisted all through these variegated philosophical theories, and went on gaining momentum was the disregard for ideational and transcendental concepts. Concrete fact and physical phenomena became the core and object of human inquiry and philosophical quest. God, soul, and the Hereafter gradually disappeared from the spectrum of thought, yielding place respectively to discussions about the nature of the physical universe, matter, and human terrestrial existence. Though at the academic level it was said that we neither affirm nor reject the doctrines about God, soul, and life-after-death, yet this avowedly agnostic position quite understandably led to the gradual elimination of these ideas from philosophical inquiry and discussion.

The Idea of an “Islamic Way of Life” and the Twentieth Century Islamic Movements

[...]

One may think that the real cause of the failure of these revivalist movements lies in the impatience of their leaders. That is to say, they perhaps hastily, without first changing the minds of a considerable number of the country’s intelligentsia, took part in active politics, which resulted in premature clash with the national leadership and the so-called ‘progressive’ elements. But in truth their failure is a direct result of their misconceived notion of faith and the error in their view of Islam.

The Error of their Interpretation of Islam

These movements’ understanding and view of Islam are based on the same Western standpoint, preferring material existence and worldly pursuits to spirit and the life Hereafter. Though the metaphysical beliefs of Islam, which collectively constitute Islamic faith, are affirmed in their studies of Islam, they have not been properly stressed. Their gaze has been exclusively fixed on the teachings and precepts which Islam has laid down for the multifarious practical aspects of life and to which they have given the name of Islami Nizam-e-Hayat (Islamic System for Life). Their interpretation of Islam affirms all the religious beliefs but it lacks the inner state of deep faith in God (Iman Billah) which alone makes us know Him as the only absolutely powerful agent and the ultimate cause within us and in the cosmos. The belief in the Hereafter is asserted but it is practically devoid of the living faith, which was described by the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) when he commanded:

Live in this world like a stranger or wayfarer.

[...]

It is an outcome of this very standpoint that the practice of the Islamic faith has come to be regarded as synonymous with the State, and worship (Ibadah) simply equivalent to obedience (Ita‘ah). The Prophet’s statement that prayer (Salat) is the spiritual ascension of the believer is completely disregarded. The attachment of the human soul to prayer to the degree that it becomes the only source of inner happiness and peace is nowhere to be seen. Contrary to this, the more progressive elements have identified the canonical prayer with the social order of the community. Some others assign importance to it only in so far as it is a comprehensive method for the organization of the Muslim community.

[...]

One should keep in mind that the vast majority of mankind does not comprise of people who utilize their intellect and reasoning faculty. It would not be too far fetched to term such people as “two legged animals”. They follow their society’s conventional trends and simply mimic the behavior of those around them. They swim in the direction of the social current and tide of their time and only change their direction as the current changes. They never question as to who they are, where have they come from or where they are going?

Contrary to such a character, there always exists, in each society, a minority group who is never satisfied with the practices and beliefs prevalent in their society. They demand rational arguments and logical proofs for the validity of all beliefs and practices. They want to discover for themselves the realities of life via their own intellect and reasoning. This group comprises a society’s intelligentsia (the intellectual elite or the brain trust). These are the people whom the Qur’an calls qaumun ya`qiloon or ulul albaab. When these people study the universal, natural phenomena, they find them laden with the signs of the Creator-Lord (SWT) – His Creativity, Wisdom and Power. Hence, the universal, natural phenomena lead them to the gnosis of Allah (SWT).

http://www.tanzeem.org/online/ebooks...0of%20Iman.pdf

http://www.tanzeem.org/online/ebooks...enaissance.pdf

:sl:

- Qatada -
09-01-2009, 11:22 AM
asalaam alaikum

Check this;

http://islamreligion.com :)

Asim Khan
10-17-2009, 04:27 AM
As-salam-o-aliekum brother Qatada,

Hope you are well. I never thanked you for the link; I felt happy at the time to see an Islamic site with such a tight interface. :shade:

I am in much need of improvement with respect to the weekly hadith:

“Gabriel insisted that I be good to my neighbor until I thought that he would even command me to give him a share of my inheritance.” (Saheeh Muslim)

aamirsaab
10-17-2009, 09:08 AM
:sl:
Check out the link in my sig that says sharia law book. If you have a paypal/ebay account and about 20 dollars, you can afford it. It's a very good book and I recommend you buy it.

Al Ansari
10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
assalaamu 'alaikum brother and welcome to Islaam,
Brother, be gradual. I recommend you start from the basics as well. Begin with tawheed. Understand this and implement this because it is through tawheed and doing what Allaah has commanded for His sake only that your deeds will be accepted.

I do not recommend you trying to learn Islaamic law yourself as the brother above mentioned. Take it easy brother, because you will burden yourself.

Ask any and all questions.

happy
10-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Asalama CAleykum bro may Allah make it easy for u. The most important thing is to start with TAWHIID (the onenness of Allah). It is compulsory on every muslim men women. The prophet was teaching TAWHIID for 13 years and it is the key to paradise.
these web are about TAWHIID.

www.islamhouse.com/p/5094
http://www.islamhouse.com/p/162013

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.