/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims should be like Birds?

ahmed_indian
08-30-2009, 09:55 AM
:sl:

sometimes i think a muslim should be like a bird in one aspect.

the birds do not save anything for future. they have full trust in Allah. but they work also. they go out every morning and not just sit in their nest.

Prophet :saws: said "If you trust Allah with right kind of Tawakkul, He will provide you sustenance as He provides for the birds – they go out in the morning with empty stomachs and come back in the evening with full stomachs" (Tirmithi).

may Allah help us to have complete trust in Him.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Blackpool
08-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Not me. I'm joining you with your fasting without even realising it! I've not had a meal in 3 bloody days! :/

Back on topic... :)

glo
08-30-2009, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian

the birds do not save anything for future. they have full trust in Allah. but they work also. they go out every morning and not just sit in their nest.

Prophet :saws: said "If you trust Allah with right kind of Tawakkul, He will provide you sustenance as He provides for the birds – they go out in the morning with empty stomachs and come back in the evening with full stomachs" (Tirmithi).

Greetings, ahmed_indian

How very similar Muhammed's words are to those of Jesus here:
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
Not me. I'm joining you with your fasting without even realising it! I've not had a meal in 3 bloody days! :/

Back on topic... :)
Hi Blackpool

Is this an intended fast, or do you have other reasons for not having eaten?
I hope you are okay!

Blackpool
08-30-2009, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Greetings, ahmed_indian

How very similar Muhammed's words are to those of Jesus here:

Hi Blackpool

Is this an intended fast, or do you have other reasons for not having eaten?
I hope you are okay!
Nah I'm not intending to fast. I'm secular, I've just been too busy to cook anything the past few days so I think I'll get somet cooked in a bit :hmm:
I'm fine thanks and hopefully you too!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
08-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Nah I'm not intending to fast. I'm secular, I've just been too busy to cook anything the past few days so I think I'll get somet cooked in a bit :hmm:
I'm fine thanks and hopefully you too!
Seriously, you must cook some meals and eat properly.
Look after yourself, man! :hmm:

You are bringing out the mothering side in me.
We'll have roast chicken with sweet potatoes, beetroot and tomatoes this evening. Would you like an invite? I could set the table for one more ...

Al-Zaara
08-30-2009, 01:48 PM
^ You tell him, glo! Geez, at least take-away food wouldn't take time to order? :hmm:

Amiin inshaAllah!

Thinker
08-30-2009, 02:01 PM

I trust then that, at the end of each day, you will empty the money from your pockets and the food from you home and give it to the poor?

Tony
08-30-2009, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
I trust then that, at the end of each day, you will empty the money from your pockets and the food from you home and give it to the poor?
Yes I imagine he will be. May Allah reward him for it, Ameen

Blackpool
08-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Seriously, you must cook some meals and eat properly.
Look after yourself, man! :hmm:

You are bringing out the mothering side in me.
We'll have roast chicken with sweet potatoes, beetroot and tomatoes this evening. Would you like an invite? I could set the table for one more ...
I'm a vegetarian lol :p nor do I eat fish, eggs, cheese etc..

...But I'll take the sweet potatoes and tomatoes so I'll see ya round 7 :D Don't want to turn into skin and bones lol!

glo
08-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm a vegetarian lol :p nor do I eat fish, eggs, cheese etc..

...But I'll take the sweet potatoes and tomatoes so I'll see ya round 7 :D Don't want to turn into skin and bones lol!
Where were you?? We waited and waited ... ;D
You missed our evening meal!

Blackpool
08-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Where were you?? We waited and waited ... ;D
You missed our evening meal!
¿ɹǝddns ɹoɟ ǝɯıʇ llıʇs ¡lɐǝɯ ɹǝɥʇouɐ ʇǝʎ pǝssıɯ ǝʌ,ı ¡ɹɐǝp ɥo `sdooo

Sister_Zee
08-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Salaam,

Very interesting, didn't know about the hadeeth, thanks for sharing. :)

ardianto
08-31-2009, 06:06 AM

the birds do not save anything for future.
We are not birds, we are human. As a human we must have three saving for the future.

1) Charity.
Life in dunya is just in a moment, not forever. We must save our good deeds for our next life, life after death.

2) Knowledge.
Learn, learn and learn. Add our knowledge for use in the future.
There are many problems waiting for us in our life in the future. And, if we don't have any knowledge how can we solve those problems ?.

3) Money.
We don't know what will happen tomorow. We must save our money for emergency case, or for reach our dream such as build a house, study in other country, etc.

Sampharo
08-31-2009, 11:15 AM
The prophet was visited once by a man who said that he lost his camel. When the prophet asked him how, he said I just left it and when I came back it was gone. When the prophet asked hadn't he tied it, the arab said he didn't and just relied on God. The prophet -pbuh- told him the now famous hadith إعقلها وتوكل "Tie it and then Tawakkal (rely on God)"

IN another time, the farmers came to the prophet -pbuh- and complained about the low yield they now get from their palm plantation, and asked how now that they are muslims. He asked them have they done something different and they said they used to work hard at it and mostly work at cross polenating the trees, but now they rely on God as they thought they should, to which the prophet told them أنتم أدرى بشؤون دنياكم "You are knowledgable about your World affairs"

The prophet taught us that there is a difference between Tawakkol (rely) and Tawaakol (riding on coattails). A human needs to do what a human needs to do, just like the bird goes through the effort of flying out and scouting for food, we need to farm and work and look for jobs. The world was created based on reasoning and logic and we need to handle it as such. If you don't study you don't get skills and you wouldn't know how to handle your affairs, if you don't get skills or handle your affairs then your finances will suffer.

The point of the hadith isn't to stop working and doing our best effort and we will be provided in our beds, the point of it is to not think that we are the ones who are making it happen, that the money we make we were responsible for it. God is, he is the one that delivers the provision.

So you need to sow the seeds and water the land, but God is the one that makes your plants grow and fruits ripen. You need to be preparing cv's and sending them and attending interviews, but God is the one that gets you the acceptance and the job. Don't be like Qaroon who said "I made all that money with my cleverness and my knowledge".

So do your best, and trust in God. You will be surprised at the cheque that arrives just in time, the job that comes to you exactly matching the skills you have and with conditions that fit you, the harvest that will come out magnificent after enduring a year of shortage of feed and water. Health, happiness, success of children are all parts of your Rizq, your provision. Otherwise, the most amount of effort sometimes get you nothing, and a small amount of effort gets you so much, but you need to mind all earthly and worldly reasons that lead you to receiving your provision.

Mind your health and take your medicine to get well from a disease (the prophet told us to seek medicine and said that God created a cure for every disease except old age), work well at your job and do your best to deliver your duties honestly and in the best quality you can (the prophet saw a lumberers rough hands that had callouses and splinters and said, "This is a hand that God loves"), and do not spend too much money if you don't have it, manage your finances (God says in the holy Quran "And neither allow thy hand to remain shackled to thy neck, nor stretch it forth to the utmost limit [of thy capacity], lest thou find thyself blamed [by thy dependants], or even destitute. Behold, thy Sustainer grants abundant sustenance, or gives it in scant measure, unto whomever He wills: verily, fully aware is He of [the needs of] His creatures, and sees them all." Quran 17:29,30)

And may God provide for all of us beyond our means.

Hassan C
08-31-2009, 02:23 PM
I think the way you compared birds to us was really good :) Nice

zakirs
08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Bro you should eat well.What life is a life without the pleasures of having awesome food :D .

Coming to the topic , charity is an important aspect of Islam which most people seem to be forgetting these days :S

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.