/* */

PDA

View Full Version : horrible incident!

Sahabiyaat
08-30-2009, 01:21 PM
last night whilst walking to taraweeh on a dark and deserted road with my female cousin, a guy suddenly came out of some dark corner and .....how should i say this.....well indecently exposed himself....he was asian, possibly muslim..i think he saw us coming and since i was fully covered, thought he would get a kick out of shocking us.

unfortuantely i will not be going to the mosque to pray taraweeh anymore :(, and i dont feel safe where i live , ....its an area full of crime, drugs and bad people.

What saddens and sickens me the most is that this guy, was probably 17/18 or something, and can go home and mingle and be normal, and no one will know what he has done, he must have a mother and sisters and family, and being an asian boy they prob think the world of him....which sickens me.

my poor cousin is only 15...and she panicked so badly, because ofcourse she assumed we were going to get raped, she nearly ran into traffic.She had tears in her eyes and was shaking and could not read her prayers, so we had to miss them and instead i took her and sat in the washroom area comforting her.

the worst thing was had to walk back down that way,we were terrified and we kept thinking he would still be there, so we held hands and ran all the way down, passing the canal where the boys usually go to do drugs and past the pub which for once didnt have drunken men outside it.

...sometimes i really hate being a vunerable, fragile girl. :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
08-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Tell the police. CCTV cameras may have caught this idiot in the act.

Snowflake
08-30-2009, 03:14 PM
May Allah protect all the sisters of the Ummah from the shayteens. Ameen.

Sayyida Umm Salama (Allah be pleased with her) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “The best Mosque for a woman is the inner part of her home.” (Musnad Ahmad & Tabrani)

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Do not prevent your womenfolk from attending the Mosque, even though their houses are better for them.” (Sunan Abu Dawud)

Sayyida Umm Salama (Allah be pleased with her) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “A woman’s prayer in her inner room is better than her prayer in the outside room, and her prayer in the outside room is better than her prayer in the courtyard, and her prayer in the courtyard is better than her prayer in the Mosque.” (Mu’jam of Imam Tabrani)

“And stay in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former times of ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, O members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.” (Surah al-Ahzab, V: 33)

Sayyiduna Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) in his time felt that the concession given to women for attending the congregational prayers in the Mosque is sometimes being misused and could be misused even more in the future. He felt that women were no longer taking care of the Shariah requirements as they used to in the time of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), and he was also aware of the fact that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) advised women to offer their prayers at home. Hence, keeping all of the above in mind, he issued a verdict that women should no longer attend congregational prayers in the Masjid, and this decision of his was collectively accepted by the other Companions. (See: Ayni, Umdat al-Qari, 3/228)

It is better for women to pray at home and especially so when we know there is danger going out after dark without a mahram accompanying you. I hope you both get over this frightening incident soon. Ameen. :)

aadil77
08-30-2009, 04:26 PM
May Allah give him what he deserves, especially if the idiot was muslim. I can't imagine a muslim doin that over here.

Don't let some faasiq or kafir spoil your chance to pray taraweh and earn rewards in this month, get a mahram to drop you off or accompany you or take a safer route and keep praying ayatul kursi

And don't feel vulnerable just remember Allah is watching everything and there are many ways He can protect you, I don't know where you live but its a shame something like that can happen there

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
08-30-2009, 04:34 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
last night whilst walking to taraweeh on a dark and deserted road with my female cousin,
Alhamdulillah that you 2 are safe . Next time , pl. avoid the place that is dark and no people are around . Try to go in a group or take male relatives with u .

Also , women are allowed to stay at res and offer salat there . To my knowledge , reward is same for woman if they do it at home . So , don't take any risk if u can't manage a safe arrangement for going out at night prayer.

InshaAllah that shameless man will get his due punishment .

cat eyes
08-30-2009, 05:37 PM
last night whilst walking to taraweeh on a dark and deserted road with my female cousin, a guy suddenly came out of some dark corner and .....how should i say this.....well indecently exposed himself....he was asian, possibly muslim..i think he saw us coming and since i was fully covered, thought he would get a kick out of shocking us.

unfortuantely i will not be going to the mosque to pray taraweeh anymore :(, and i dont feel safe where i live , ....its an area full of crime, drugs and bad people.

What saddens and sickens me the most is that this guy, was probably 17/18 or something, and can go home and mingle and be normal, and no one will know what he has done, he must have a mother and sisters and family, and being an asian boy they prob think the world of him....which sickens me.

my poor cousin is only 15...and she panicked so badly, because ofcourse she assumed we were going to get raped, she nearly ran into traffic.She had tears in her eyes and was shaking and could not read her prayers, so we had to miss them and instead i took her and sat in the washroom area comforting her.

the worst thing was had to walk back down that way,we were terrified and we kept thinking he would still be there, so we held hands and ran all the way down, passing the canal where the boys usually go to do drugs and past the pub which for once didnt have drunken men outside it.

awwww you poor things. i really feel for yous. i am so sorry that happened. you must be careful in future and walk with somebody like an older brother somebody like a family relative who can protect you. or why don't your parents drive you there and then pick yous up when your finished. i would not stop going to the mosque just because of this dangerous idiot... knowing me id probably pick up the closest thing like a rock and threw it at him. my blood would boil if anyone scared my sister or relative! and how is your cusan now? i guess there is reason also why the prophet mohammad pbuh told the women to recite taraweeh in the home only.

Cabdullahi
08-30-2009, 06:04 PM
my sisters experienced something similar it made me so angry wanting to fight back for my sisters but not being able to .....

sister sahabiat ......hope you are still ok after that shock of an incident .....

this just shows the importance of having a mahram,,,dad,brother..uncle .....even mum's presence can help

Ansariyah
08-30-2009, 06:11 PM
SubhanaAllah sis I'm so sorry....all evil usually comes out at night, pls sis try to avoid walking to taraweeh until u can get someone like a mahram to come wit u or walk as a group of sisters.

Or u can ask around sisters in ur area who drive that way u can go wit them, or even go wit a family who lives close by.

May Allah keep u safe ameen.

Sahabiyaat
08-30-2009, 06:12 PM
knowing me id probably pick up the closest thing like a rock and threw it at him.
no, trust me, when u hear of these things, u say i will do this or that, but when it actually happens u panic SO much....my poor cousin really lost it....even after he walked away laughing, she tried rushing across the road with so much traffic....and kept saying we have to cross...we have to cross now! right now! ...thank God i was holding her back, and kept saying its ok, hes gone now!!! calm down!

but she wouldnt calm down....it was terrible, shes just a child, only 16.

and ofcourse we asian girls have to conceal such incidents, as the first person to be blamed will be us, for being in that place at that time....which ofcourse is so typical of asian people, when it comes to protecting their honour and image.

i think i saw him walking past my house today..........imsad+o(+o(

*sigh*.......this has really shaken me.......he was INCHES away from me with his trousers pulled down saying 'cmon girls'......God i feel humiliated.imsad

I will be saying at home, if i ask to be accompanied, it will only raise suspicions.and i have to check up on my cousin today...i hope thhe poor thing is ok.

Please keep me in your duas.

Ansariyah
08-30-2009, 06:22 PM
omg sis he pulled wat down?:ooh: I understand why ur cousin ran, I would too! Wat an animal.:(

Keep reciting aytal kurs sis InshaAllah.

i think i saw him walking past my house today..........
May ALlah punish him ameen, & distance him from our sisters ameen.

Sis this is jst a suggestion, wear niqaab while u go to taraweeh? I wud consider it tho im not even a niqaabie.

Rasema
08-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Assalamu ALikum

Don't take my advice but It may help.

Next time, if anything similar happens, throw stones at him or something. You can't show them that you're scared and that you're innocent.

I wouldn't go to the mesjid at all. I don't even go here because I don't like the way people act. I know that we should go to the mesjid for the sake of Allah but the Prophet,saws, encouraged us woman to stay home. It's safer ...

Here is a fatwa:

Ruling on woman going to the mosque.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/983/s...20the%20mosque

Ruling on women going to the masjid (mosque)

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/49898...20the%20mosque

Sister, If you don't have it tough with the family, wear a niqab. It'll probably take a little to get used to it but in a while you'll feel closer to Allah,spw.

Najm
08-30-2009, 06:28 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Uhkti stay calm, and keep her calm, for surely Allah will protect you.

imsad May Allah keep you and your family safe and protect against any harm. Ameen.

FiAmaaniAllah

Humbler_359
08-30-2009, 06:28 PM
:sl: sister,

For the sake of your security, you can call police to stop this guy because your little cousin is witness of what happened police like to hear proof. It is up to you.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-30-2009, 06:29 PM
my areas like that too

my sisters/girl cousins got taunted many times (not whilst I was around though)

once wen i was 14 i was walking home from school and saw a grown man peeing whilst walking in a VERY public area and he wasnt handling himself well at all

theres racists and thugs everywhere

thats why... i wish the sisters would take more precaution...

plz dont go out wivout a mahram unless its absolutely necessary...

heh feminist inclined sisters would probably find fault with my saying this

assalamu alaikum

Snowflake
08-30-2009, 06:39 PM
It is better for sisters to pray at home. This is what has been recommended for us. Then inshaAllah this is what we should do.

And yes, definitely call the police. He should be punished and stopped before he does it to someone else.

Ansariyah
08-30-2009, 06:47 PM
is it realistic to assume that the cops will do anything about this sort of thing?..

I believe they shud, but whether they actually will is a diff story.

Muezzin
08-30-2009, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
is it realistic to assume that the cops will do anything about this sort of thing?..
Yes.

I believe they shud, but whether they actually will is a diff story.
Inshallah, they will, as long as the OP gives them the information they require.

AlbanianMuslim
08-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Theres a lot of sick people in this world.

Sis, i mean this with the best intentions, dont go out at night without a male relative with you especially since you live in a bad area. Even if you are with a group of girls, men with bad intentions can still bring harm to you. Be careful.

markislam
08-30-2009, 07:37 PM
I think the guy was not a muslim, or may be he is intoxicated or mentally ill. I have seen it happen so many times.

Blackpool
08-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Ring the police before he does it to someone else. There was news of this type of guy being arrested about a week ago for exposing himself.

glo
08-30-2009, 07:48 PM
I am so sorry you had such a horrible experience, Sahabiyaat.
How are you and your cousin now?
Have you reported the incidence to the police?

Chances are this guy was after a reaction from you both, and got a kick out of your fear.

Keep yourselves safe and walk in a larger group, or with male family members.

Do you live in the UK?

zakirs
08-30-2009, 08:01 PM

I am very sorry at what happened to you sis.It really feels horrible to hear that.I wish i could break the bones of that guy :( .Anyway from next time take you bro or dad or whoever with you.

...sometimes i really hate being a vunerable, fragile girl.
Dont worry sis be brave.

Sarahd
08-30-2009, 08:34 PM

Sister I am very sorry this has happened to you,:( I will remember you and your friend in my Dua's Insha Allah.:) Thank Allah that you were not harmed by him, Alhamdulillah.
Sister I suggest next time you go out you take a Mahram with you, A male, That is much better.
Insha Allah you will be safe at all times, Ameen.
Be brave sister, Remember Allah is with you at all times, So never fear.:peace:

:sorry: :phew

Snowflake
08-30-2009, 08:45 PM
It is really traumatic when this sort of thing happens. I remember years ago, a non muslim posing as someone interested in islam, sent me a picture saying it was his sisters (yes I stupidly believed). Only when I opened it, it was him exposing himself. I cried my eyes out. I felt so dirty like I'd been contaminated.

Hamdulillah, it doesn't affect me no more. I pray Allah quickly removes it from both your memories. Ameen

cat eyes
08-30-2009, 08:53 PM
no, trust me, when u hear of these things, u say i will do this or that, but when it actually happens u panic SO much....my poor cousin really lost it....even after he walked away laughing, she tried rushing across the road with so much traffic....and kept saying we have to cross...we have to cross now! right now! ...thank God i was holding her back, and kept saying its ok, hes gone now!!! calm down!

but she wouldnt calm down....it was terrible, shes just a child, only 16.

and ofcourse we asian girls have to conceal such incidents, as the first person to be blamed will be us, for being in that place at that time....which ofcourse is so typical of asian people, when it comes to protecting their honour and image.

i think i saw him walking past my house today..........imsad+o(+o(

*sigh*.......this has really shaken me.......he was INCHES away from me with his trousers pulled down saying 'cmon girls'......God i feel humiliated.imsad

I will be saying at home, if i ask to be accompanied, it will only raise suspicions.and i have to check up on my cousin today...i hope thhe poor thing is ok.

Please keep me in your duas.
believe me sister i would i was once harassed when i was 15.. while i was walking to the local shop. i never spoke about it to anybody and i swore i would not let it happen again and i will defend my self.. the only difference is this guy was a bit drunk he walked passed me and he started touching me and feeling me up, i was trying to get a way but he was holding me back with such strong grip. he was so strong i will never forget it. i started crying screaming then thank god a neighbour heard my cries and she came out and he ran off with his friends.. there was a dark lane in front of us. he was trying to get me down there. it took me a long time to get over it and i was very young also

AhmadibnNasroon
08-30-2009, 09:15 PM
What kind of sick freak is this guy? On top of it doing it to sisters in hijab? allaahul'musta3n. A group of brothers should give him naseeha.........then pound him.

markislam
08-30-2009, 09:17 PM
is this happening in the UK or some where else ? I really don't understand, in the US the laws are so strict, i am glad about it.

GreyKode
08-30-2009, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmadibnPhilip
What kind of sick freak is this guy? On top of it doing it to sisters in hijab? allaahul'musta3n. A group of brothers should give him naseeha.........then pound him.
I agree only with the pounding part.

cat eyes
08-30-2009, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam
is this happening in the UK or some where else ? I really don't understand, in the US the laws are so strict, i am glad about it.
in europe the cops just don't care. this crap happens so much that id say theres not even enough cops to deal with this situation because its a growing problem. if they do get caught they just get a simple warning thats why some brothers are forced to take the law in to there own hands

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-30-2009, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
It is really traumatic when this sort of thing happens. I remember years ago, a non muslim posing as someone interested in islam, sent me a picture saying it was his sisters (yes I stupidly believed). Only when I opened it, it was him exposing himself. I cried my eyes out. I felt so dirty like I'd been contaminated.

Hamdulillah, it doesn't affect me no more. I pray Allah quickly removes it from both your memories. Ameen
I've been through the same sis O.o I forgot who it was but astaghfirullah...

Sis sahaabiyat i hope ur both ok inshaAllah. InshaAllah i will make dua for u guys. Definitely be careful next time and keep a mahram with u :wub:

Sahabiyaat
08-30-2009, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam
I think the guy was not a muslim, or may be he is intoxicated or mentally ill. I have seen it happen so many times.
My brother, what makes u automatically assume he wasnt muslim or was drunk? :)

this guy was muslim (so called) and in his senses...he was just doing it for kicks...his parents must think he's at taraweeh praying...little do they know, that hes not interested in praying and is instead roaming the streets until pray time finishes doing these sick acts for fun.

*sigh*

and why do u think he did this at night??...so i would not recognise him properly....i only registered his clothes and looks for a moment..and a very very similar person walked past today....so i cant really describe him to the police?

im sure indecent exposure is an offence in the law here in the UK, but its very common...friends have started telling me about all their experiences! ...and all the guys involved are non practising muslims , young and mature.

my friend told me 13 yr old (muslim) boys often come up to muslim girls to ask them sex related questions in public to embarass them and simialr incidents are a regular occurence!!....im shocked...why is today's society so sex obsessed......esp muslims??...have we really lost all sense of haya that we will expose our private parts to strangers for kicks?

Najm
08-30-2009, 10:43 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Its really strange how i suggested a "theretical" example of this kind situation and had a debate regarding the issue of youth, muslims of today, our problems not only with the ummah but i own community in our on city/town.

I shall post a thread soon.

I am so disgusted over this imsad

FiAmaaniAllah

markislam
08-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Islam is the true religion some people are not scared of God and that is the reason why all this

AlbanianMuslim
08-31-2009, 01:33 AM
Like i said, ladies DONT GO OUT AT NIGHT ALONE! there are crazy sick people out there. Be careful! Go to well lit areas! Go in groups! 2 people is not enough!

Carry pepper spray with you! seriously, take all the precautions necessary, you can never be to careful!

Alphadude
08-31-2009, 02:08 AM

:sl: Sister Sahabiyaat

its your mistake why? bcoz you knew that the area you live isnt a safe place and still you still going to mosque alone ? why dont you go with your brother or some 1 else in the family while you were going to mosque and why do you live in a bad area like that?and report to the police btw were do you live?

جوري
08-31-2009, 02:32 AM
I am sorry you had a very bad experience sis.. imsad

aadil77
08-31-2009, 10:16 AM

my friend told me 13 yr old (muslim) boys often come up to muslim girls to ask them sex related questions in public to embarass them and simialr incidents are a regular occurence!!....im shocked...why is today's society so sex obsessed......esp muslims??...have we really lost all sense of haya that we will expose our private parts to strangers for kicks?
They wouldn't have the balls to do it to a white girl, its cause they think they own other muslims/brown people and would only dare doing it to them, knowin they can get away with it.

If you know the guy is a local and know what he looks like get a mahram to go with you and sort him out

Ummu Sufyaan
08-31-2009, 10:34 AM
sorry to hear this imsad...
i dunno what to say except to get your mahrams onto him. i advise you not to take matters into your own hands cos guys only harass girls to get their their attention. so if you even beat him up, he'd probs be happy about it as you are giving him you attention (even tho that aint your intention, but that's how he will take it :hmm:) so yh just stear completely away from him...dont even look at him. and don't go out alone.

isnt there some other way to the masjid :muddlehea

Sahabiyaat
08-31-2009, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalid84
:sl: Sister Sahabiyaat

its your mistake why? bcoz you knew that the area you live isnt a safe place and still you still going to mosque alone ?
you are right.It is my fault partly...we have 2 mosques one very nearby and this one which is a 10 min walk. although i prefer to just go 2 the one up the road my cousin bugs me to go to the one further away, because she enjoys the walk,so i listened to her.

format_quote Originally Posted by khalid84
and why do you live in a bad area like that?
thats a strange question?...:hmm:....i was born here? ...it wasnt this bad when i was young.Infact we used to play out til late and there was no danger. but now even boys are not allowed out for fear of getting hurt or mugged, let alone girls.Its true, it was dangerous to go out like that.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
They wouldn't have the balls to do it to a white girl, its cause they think they own other muslims/brown people and would only dare doing it to them, knowin they can get away with it.

I know!...maybe because a white girl would not be so shocked and would just go and kick him right in that area! ..whereas a muslim girl would have too much haya to do that. and they know that.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
If you know the guy is a local and know what he looks like get a mahram to go with you and sort him out
if only i was absolutely sure!!! i would definately get him beaten up!!!:raging::raging:

The only comforting thought i have is that i know he cannot escape Allahs punishment, which is sure to come soon....and im hope the punishment involves him being abused in a smilar way so that he knows how it feels.

JK for you kind words and advice.

AhmadibnNasroon
08-31-2009, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
I agree only with the pounding part.
lol, command the good...THEN forbid the evil :D

zakirs
08-31-2009, 02:40 PM
The only comforting thought i have is that i know he cannot escape Allahs punishment, which is sure to come soon....and im hope the punishment involves him being abused in a smilar way so that he knows how it feels.
You will realise how weak he is when he would be answering questions on judgement day :)

Asim Khan
08-31-2009, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
I pray Allah quickly removes it from both your memories. Ameen
Ameen. May Allah swt transfer a lot his neki into your accounts (or add to his badi if he can't pay).

syilla
09-01-2009, 05:12 AM
during my school days we called it flasher :D lol.

Because i went to a girls school...you can imagine how many flasher are waiting after school and before school... :hmm: but they usually wait when no one around except for the school girls.

We have been advised by most of the girls there especially the seniors... to just ignore the 'flasher'. They hate it when we ignore them...especially as if we're making them invisible. And never walk alone...always walk in groups. :D

Santoku
09-01-2009, 10:06 AM

Ah, dear, sometimes I really feel disgusted with my sex.

A cretin and a bully.

I cannot give muslim advice, but as so many have said on this board, he has committed a crime! Go to the police, flashing is a sexual offence and can go further as the offender gets older so they will take it seriously especially as one of you was under 16, they now have officers trained to help in these crimes, they have the resource, use it. You can describe him, perhaps he has done it to others so there will be more witnesses.
You are doubtless correct that he picked on you because you are covered, because he reckoned you would be even more shocked than most, and he was right,my sympathies to your cousin.
Now I am going to say something you will find harder to do even than going to the police, if you let him pen you into your house he has won, he can gloat at the fact that the sight of his parts frightened you into staying at home.
If you want to strike back at him do not let him win, I know you think of yourself as weak and fragile but truly you are only as weak and fragile as you allow yourself to be. If you have friends or relatives you can rely on, go out again after dark, but have one fifty yards in front and one fifty yards behind and then when he shows up and shows off they can intervene and make a citizens arrest, using only such force as is necessary to hold him and call the police. You understnad that I am not in any way, shape or form advising you or your relatives to take the law into their own hands, that would be very , very wrong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.