/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this acceptable?

AnonymousPoster
08-30-2009, 06:51 PM
I was watching an islamic fund-raising program for water in africa appeal and almost with every caller who rang to donate a certain amount, the presenter asked if they could donate more. I know he was only trying to raise money for a good cause, but it seemed wrong to put people on the spot on live TV. I struggled to donate the amount I did and if I'd made my donation live on air and be asked to increase it, it really would embarrassed me to say no. Even though I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

Is it right to to this then? Please reply. This fundraising tactic has been bothering me since. :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
08-30-2009, 09:46 PM
no its not right to put the person on the spot like that especially on live t.v because the person might be only on welfare and cannot find job or he is working but getting less hours and can't afford now to give more money when he has family also. i also notice they fund raise for non muslims but i read in a book it is totally haraam? can some one clarify this also

Rasema
08-30-2009, 09:50 PM
People at my mesjid have done this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.