/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A True Description of the Prophet Mohamed's Family (SAWS)

Tee
08-30-2009, 07:41 PM
The term Sharif (nobleman) or Sayyid is used to describe a descendant of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) through his daughter Fatima (RAA). They are descendants of Al Hasan and Al Husein- the two sons of Ali ibn Abi Talib (RAA) and Fatima the daughter of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). The Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) and Ali ibn Abi Talib (RAA) are from the Bani Hashim branch of the tribe of Quraish. They are the noblest of the Arabs. The Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) and Ali ibn Abi Talib (RAA) were first cousins. Ali’s father, Abi Talib, was the brother of the Prophet’s (SAWS) father. Once it has been established that the Bani Hashim were a black-skinned people, there should be no need to prove that the pure Arabs of the past were, in general, a black-skinned people.

In discussing the appearance of the Sharifs, I believe that it is appropriate for me to begin with the father of the Sharifs- Ali ibn Abi Talib (RAA). In his book Tarikh Al-Khulafaa (The History of the Caliphs), Imam Al-Suyuti described Ali ibn Abi Talib as follows:

و كان علي شيخا سمينا أصلع كثير الشعر ربعة إلى القصر عظيم البطن عظيم اللحية جدا قد ملأت ما بين منكبيه بيضاء كأنها قطن آدم شديد الأدمة

Ali was a heavyset, bald, hairy man of average height which leaned toward shortness. He had a large stomach and a large beard which filled all that was between his shoulders. His beard was white as if it was cotton and he was a black-skinned man.

There are certain names that we usually hear when the Sharifs or Sayyids - the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) are mentioned. We have all probably heard of Ali Zein Al-Abidin the son of ِAl-Husein the son of Ali the son of Abu Talib. Though his mother was Persian, he is described as dark-skinned (see Ibn Al-Sabaagh Al-Maaliki's Al-Fusoul Al-Muhimma). Where did he get his dark complexion from? From his father's side of the family, of course. This Ali Zein Al-Abidin the son of ِAl-Husein the son of Ali the son of Abu Talib married Fatima the daughter of Al-Hasan the son of Ali the son of Abi Talib.

Mohamed Al-Baqir- another name we hear when there is mention of the Sharifs, the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) - was the eldest son of Ali Zein Al-Abidin and Fatima the daughter of Al-Hasan. He was nicknamed "He Who Resembles" because he looked so much like the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). He was described as dark-skinned, kinky-haired, and of average height (see Ibn Al-Sabaagh Al-Maaliki's Al-Fusoul Al-Muhimma). Mohamed Al-Baqir married Umm Farwa, the great granddaughter of Abu Bakr Al-Saddiq and they had Jaafar Al-Saadiq. Jaafar Al-Saadiq is another name frequently heard when speaking of the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). He was described as black-skinned, kinky-haired, and average height (see Ibn Al-Sabaagh Al-Maaliki's Al-Fusoul Al-Muhimma).

Jaafar Al-Saadiq had a Berber slave-girl named Humaida and through her he had his son Musa Al-Kadhim - another well-known member of the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) whom many Sharifs claim descent from. Musa Al-Kadhim was described as very black-skinned (see Ibn Al-Sabaagh Al-Maaliki's Al-Fusoul Al-Muhimma).

Musa Al-Kadhim's son Ali Al-Rida is another well-known member of the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) whom many Sharifs claim descent from. He, too, was described as black-skinned. He was once standing in a bathhouse when a soldier entered and pushed him to the side and said, "Pour water on my head oh black one!" Ali Al-Rida began to pour water for the soldier and then someone who knew who Ali Al-Rida was entered the bathhouse and when he saw what was happening he shouted, "Oh soldier! Woe to you! Do you dare have the son of the daughter of the Messenger of Allah (SAWS) serve you?!" The soldier quickly began to kiss the feet of Ali Al-Rida and said, "Why didn't you disobey me when I ordered you?!" (see Shaykh Shablanji's, famous book ‘Nur al Absar fi Manaqeb Aal bayt el Nabi al Mukhtar

Ali Al-Rida had a son named Mohamed Al-Jawaad also known as Mohamed Al-Taqi. Mohamed Al-Jawaad was also described as very black-skinned. (see Ibn Shahrashoob's Manaqib Aal Abi-Talib) Mohamed Al-Jawaad or Al-Taqi had a son named Ali Al-Hadi. Ali Al-Hadi, too, was described as dark-skinned (see Abi Al Abbas Al Qarmaani's Akhbaar Al Dawal).

The chart below was taken from this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayyid. Take a look at the link and the chart to get an even better idea of how the dark-skinned members of the Prophet Mohamed's family that I have just mentioned are the noble ancestors of those called Sharifs or Sayyids today.

Ancestor

Arabic Title

Arabic Last Name

Persian Last Name

Urdu Last Name

Ali ibn Abu Talib

Alawi2

Allawi2 or Alawi3

Alavi2 علوى

Alavi

2 or Awan

Hasan ibn Ali

al-Hashimi or al-Hassani

al-Hashimi or al-Hassani

Hashemi, Hassani, or Tabatabai حسنى

Hassani or Hashmi

Husayn ibn Ali

al-Hussaini

al-Hussaini1

Hosseini حسينى

Hussaini or Shah

Ali ibn Husayn Zayn al Abidin

al-Abidi

al-Abidi

Abedi عابدى

Abidi

Zayd ibn Ali ash-Shahid

az-Zaidi

al-Zaidi

Zaidi زيدي

Zaidi

Muhammad al-Baqir

al-Baqiri

al-Baqiri

Bagheri باقرى

Baqri

Jafar as-Sadiq

al-Ja'fari

al-Ja'fari

Jafari or Jafri جعفرى

Jafri, Jafry or Jaffery

Musa al-Kadhim

Al Mosawi

al-Mousawi or al-Kadhimi

Musavi or Kazemi موسوى / كاظمى

Kazmi or Mosavi

Ali ar-Rida

ar-Radawi

al-Ridawi or al-Radawi

Rezavi or Razavi رضوى

Rizvi

Muhammad at-Taqi

at-Taqawi

al-Taqawi

Taghavi تقوى

Taqvi or Taqwi

Ali al-Hadi

an-Naqawi

al-Naqawi

Naqavi نقوى

Naqvi

Fatima Zahra

Ashraf Al-Quraishi

Al-Husaini or Al-Fatimi

Fatemi

Fatmi or Qureishi

You have all probably heard of Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia. He is Mohamed the son of Abdella the Pure-Blooded the son of Al-Hasan the son of Al-Hasan the son of Ali the son of Abi Talib. Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia was nicknamed the Pure-Blooded of Quraish because he was so unmixed. His father Abdella was also nicknamed the Pure-Blooded. Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia was from the Bani Hashim clan of Quraish from both his mother and his father. Remember that Bani Hashim is the clan of Quraish that the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) and Ali (RAA) are from. Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia was described as very black-skinned and huge (see Al Haafidh Al Dhahabi's Al Ibar Fi Khabar Man Ghabar). He had a son named Hasan. His son Hasan was nicknamed The Father of the Tar because he was so black-skinned (see Ibn Hazim's Jumharat Ansaab Al Arab). This is the description of the pure-blooded descendants of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia wrote a letter to the Abbasid ruler complaining to him that he had more right to be the ruler because he was so closely related to the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). Amongst the things he said in his letter to the Abbasid ruler was, "We are in the right...Our father Ali was the Imam (leader). How did you inherit the rule which belongs to the children of Ali?! You know that no one who seeks this position (ruler) has a purer genealogy than I do or is more highborn than I am...You know that no one has as close relations or relations to anyone better than he whom I am very closely related to (He means the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS)). I am from the best of Banu Hashim in genealogy and the noblest of them both paternally and maternally. No non-Arab blood runs through my veins and I am not related to the slave-girls." Bear in mind that Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia, who is here talking about how pure his Arab blood is and how closely he is related to the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS), was very black-skinned.

Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia had a brother named Musa Al-Jawn (the Black). Musa Al-Jawn was also very black-skinned. He was nicknamed Al-Jawn (the Black) because of his blackness (see Al Asfahaani's Kitaab Al Aghaani). The Sharifs called Banu Al-Akhaidar, who are found in Oman, Saudi Arabia, and other places, are descended from Musa Al-Jawn.

Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia and Musa Al-Jawn had another brother named Yahya the Possessor of Daylum. Yahya, too, was described as black-skinned (see Al Asfahaani's Muqaatil Al Taalibiyeen). Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia, Musa Al-Jawn and Yahya the Possessor of Daylum were all the brothers of Idriss the 1st, the father of the Idrissi Sharifs and the founder of the city of Fes in Morocco.

Nineth century poet Abu Al-Hasan Ali ibn Al-Abbas ibn Jurayj, known as Ibn Al-Rumi, wrote a long poem to the Abbasids blaming them for the way that they treated the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). It should be understood that at that time, the Abbasids had become very mixed with the Romans, Greeks, and Persians. Here is part of what Ibn Al-Rumi said in his famous poem called Al-Jeemia:

"You insulted them (the family of the Prophet Mohamed) because of their blackness while there are still pure-blooded black-skinned Arabs. However, you are blue (eyed) - the Romans have embellished your faces with their color."

There you have it. These are the ancestors of the Sharifs or the Sayyids - the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) and as you have seen, they were all dark-skinned people. The question that remains to be answered is this - why aren't the masses aware of this fact?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tee
08-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Any thoughts as to why this information isn't know to the masses and why Muslims who find out don't seem interested in spreading this truth? Anyone? I need to know this. Another question is why do Muslims ignore this hadith:

Zaid ibn Aslam related that the prophet (SAWS) saw a vision and told his companions about it. He said, "I saw a group of black sheep and a group of white sheep then mixed with the black sheep. I interpreted it to mean that the non-Arab Persians will enter Islam and then share with you your genealogy and your wealth." The companions became surprised by what he (SAWS) said. Then one said, "The non-Arab Persians will enter our land, Oh Messenger of Allah?!" The Prophet (SAWS) then said, "Yes. By He Who Has my soul in His Hand, if the religion was hanging on the distant star, men from the non-Arab Persians would reach it and the luckiest of them would be the people of Faris.

و لقد روى زيد بن اسلم ان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم رأى رؤيا وقصها على أصحابه ، فقال رأيت غنما سوداء خالطتها غنم بيض ، فتأولتها ان العجم يدخلون الاسلام فيشتركونكم في أنسابكم ، واموالكم ، فتعجبوا من ذلك ، فقال : العجم يدخلون بلادنا يا رسول الله ! فقال : أي ، والذي نفسي بيده لو أن الدين تعلق بالثريا لنالته رجال من العجم ، واسعدهم به أهل فارس

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.