/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you fail one of your manouvers do you fail your driving test?

Salahudeen
08-31-2009, 02:12 AM
If you fail one of your manouvers do you fail your driving test?:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
limitless
08-31-2009, 02:48 AM
where I live, in Canada...it depends on the instructor, but most likely you do lol. But they look at your observation skills, how you handle the car throughout the test...so not really, you don't necessarily fail. Unless you end up with a instructor who is ought to get you :\.

Tony
08-31-2009, 02:50 AM
from my own experience, if you make a mistake stop the car and apply handbrake, put in neutral and ask tester if they would like you to attempt again

Hassan C
08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
I dont think you fail your driving test but you probably wanna attempt again like Tony said.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mysterious Uk
08-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes.. unfortunatly. You have to do two manouvers and if you can't do one of them it is a fail..
There are only three manouvers aren't there.. i did 2 that were bay park (you have to be in the line) and reverse around the corner (you can't be tooo far away from the kerb and watch out for cars& pedestrians behind and in front). The other one is parallel (again not too far from the kerb).. that's it isnt it. Usally if you completly mess it up it's a fail though- like hitting the kerb, nearly running over someone or nearly crashing into cars. Otherwise if you make no major mistakes- you get minors for manouvers.

Sahabiyaat
08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk
Yes.. unfortunatly. You have to do two manouvers and if you can't do one of them it is a fail.. .
you can make a number of attempts...although you are likely to fail even if you eventually get it right, for taking making too many attempts, but as the brother said you can try again. Ofcourse if you cant do it at all, you fail.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk
There are only three manouvers aren't there.. i did 2 that were bay park (you have to be in the line) and reverse around the corner (you can't be tooo far away from the kerb and watch out for cars& pedestrians behind and in front). The other one is parallel (again not too far from the kerb).. that's it isnt it. Usally if you completly mess it up it's a fail though- like hitting the kerb, nearly running over someone or nearly crashing into cars. Otherwise if you make no major mistakes- you get minors for manouvers.
Actually there are 4

reverse corner
parallel park
turn in the road
bay

They may also ask you to do the emergency stop in addition to your 2 manouvers.

Salahudeen
08-31-2009, 08:19 PM
I see, I got my test soon and the only thing I dislike doing is reverse around the bend because sometimes I end up too far away from the curb. alhamdulilah I am ok with everything else. Lets make dua he asks me to do turn in the road and reverse parking lol ;D

I can do reverse round the bend but sometimes I do it perfectly sometimes I don;t.

- IqRa -
09-01-2009, 09:24 AM
If you fail one of your manouvers do you fail your driving test?
Yes you do.

Salahudeen
09-05-2009, 05:39 AM
I passed alhamdulilah :) he asked me to do reverse parking and reverse around the bend. Something akward happened on my test. As we were driving down one of the roads a big bin was in the middle, you know in the UK we have those recyling bins, somone threw 1 of them directly in the middle of the road.

As we came upto it I stopped cos obviously my car wouldn't go over it, then I thought about going around it but there was cars parked on either side of the road and it looked narrow. So I stopped and wasn't sure about what to do lol

Then I thought about the hadith,

“Indeed the gates to goodness are many: glorifying God, praising Him, magnifying Him, saying ‘There is no god but Allah,’ enjoining the good and forbidding the wrong, removing (any source of) harm from the road, making the deaf hear (and understand), guiding the blind, showing the seeker his need, striving as far as your two legs could carry you and with deep concern to give succor to him who asks, carrying with the strength of your arms (the burdens of) the weak. All these are (acts of) charity.” And he added, “And your smiling in the face of your brother is charity, your removing of stones, thorns, and bones from people’s paths is charity, and your guiding a man gone astray in the world is charity for you.”

LOL so then I decided to move the source of harm from the road and I told the examinar I think I should get out and move it cos the gap looks too narrow and tight so I don't think I'll be able to get through without hitting the cars parked on either side of the bin, then he went

"No Mr. Hussain I think you'll find that you can go around on the left side, carry on ahead please." He kept talking like agent Smith ;D

as I was driving off I looked in the rear view mirror and the driver behind got out his car and kicked the bin out the road angrily like it was a football lool cos his car was too big to go round it.

Najm
09-05-2009, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I passed alhamdulilah :) he asked me to do reverse parking and reverse around the bend. Something akward happened on my test. As we were driving down one of the roads a big bin was in the middle, you know in the UK we have those recyling bins, somone threw 1 of them directly in the middle of the road.

As we came upto it I stopped cos obviously my car wouldn't go over it, then I thought about going around it but there was cars parked on either side of the road and it looked narrow. So I stopped and wasn't sure about what to do lol

Then I thought about the hadith,

“Indeed the gates to goodness are many: glorifying God, praising Him, magnifying Him, saying ‘There is no god but Allah,’ enjoining the good and forbidding the wrong, removing (any source of) harm from the road, making the deaf hear (and understand), guiding the blind, showing the seeker his need, striving as far as your two legs could carry you and with deep concern to give succor to him who asks, carrying with the strength of your arms (the burdens of) the weak. All these are (acts of) charity.” And he added, “And your smiling in the face of your brother is charity, your removing of stones, thorns, and bones from people’s paths is charity, and your guiding a man gone astray in the world is charity for you.”

LOL so then I decided to move the source of harm from the road and I told the examinar I think I should get out and move it cos the gap looks too narrow and tight so I don't think I'll be able to get through without hitting the cars parked on either side of the bin, then he went

"No Mr. Hussain I think you'll find that you can go around on the left side, carry on ahead please." He kept talking like agent Smith ;D

as I was driving off I looked in the rear view mirror and the driver behind got out his car and kicked the bin out the road angrily like it was a football lool cos his car was too big to go round it.

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

MashaAllah. InshaAllah you will use your new found skill for the good causes.

FiAmaaniAllah

nebula
09-05-2009, 10:23 AM
gratz bro on passing ur test! mashallah, not everyone passes first time so u must be gd :shade:

nebula
09-05-2009, 10:24 AM
how many lessons did you take before deciding to apply for ur test?

aadil77
09-05-2009, 10:41 AM
congrats brother, now you can cruise to the mosque everyday for every salah :shade:

i failed like a month ago :hiding: and i'll probably fail my next one as well
but that doesn't stop me driving

Salahudeen
09-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks everyone, I had 34 lessons spent around £700 all together including test fee's.

^ lol I can't cruise to the mosque yet :(, insurance is too high for me so I'm going to wait for abit, it costs 1800 on my name and 1300 on my mum's name, I wanted something between 700-800 pounds lol.

it's so frustrating cos u just wanna drive but can't cos of insurance cost :(

I'm so glad I passed, on the day I had to pay my instructor £60 pass or fail and £60 to the test centre so it cost £120 all together. I couldn't afford to take it a second time round.

I booked it in the morning at 10:22 Alhamdulilah the roads were dead, and the round abouts were too, :)

^ just pratice aadil bro, on your dad's car, tell him to take you out, and then you can just pratice the manouvers, I praticed reverse round the bend in my mum's car about 15 times without stopping then eventually I got the hang of it.

Rabi'ya
09-05-2009, 11:32 AM
:sl:

I had to do a reverse round a corner for my test. I was sooo nervous and ended up going out too wide. So I stopped and asked the examiner if I can re-attempt it. He said its fine but if I hadnt stopped at that point he would have failed me. Coz there was a van turning into the junction!!! alhamdulillah, I didnt see the van but the examiner thought I had good observation and thats why i stopped!!!! hahah! I passed the test alhamdulillah.

hope it helps :)

Rabi'ya
09-05-2009, 11:33 AM
oooh let me give you some good advice. Chat to the examiner a little. Makes them relaxed too. I ended up doing 70+mph on a single carriageway and he didnt even notice!!lmao. I still passed!

Salahudeen
09-05-2009, 11:43 AM
^lol, my test was weird, in the lesson before my test I was so nervous, my legs and feet were heavy and my clutch control was really bad and I stalled 2 times. I got so nervous, then when it came to my test, as soon as the examinar sat in the car, I found a peace and serenity descend upon me and my nervousness went away, my heart rate slowed down and stopped feeling like it was gonna burst out my chest lool.

it's like something was making me feel calm and relaxed lol. I put it down to the dua the night before ;) alhamdulilah. Praise be to Allah, we could not have achieved this unless he had sucjected it to us. :)

When he said I passed, it was like so much pressure and stress had been lifted lol I was stressing about my test 2 weeks before it lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.