/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I know if the Qur'an is true?

Rabi Mansur
08-31-2009, 03:13 AM
:sl:
I'v been reading the Qur'an (in English) for the past few weeks. How can I know if it is truly from God? I don't read enough Arabic to make a judgment on whether someone could write a Suryah as impressive as one from the Qur'an. It seems to give that as the test of it's truthfulness, i.e., try and duplicate it. But I don't understand much Arabic and I doubt if I ever will be able to be fluent.
So what is the test of its truthfulness? How can I, someone who does not speak Arabic, ever know if it is from God, or if it is from a man?

I am 100% serious. I would like to know.

Peace and Love.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
08-31-2009, 03:21 AM
This thread could turn into an endless debate, there are many reasons to authenticate Allahs msg, from the fact that his messenger(pbuh) was illiterate and had nothing to gain from its revelation, and even ststed to his countrymen that he wanted no profit from its revelation, to the examples of science that are 100s of years before thier time explained within the pages of the Qur'an. What I would suggest is that you watch peace TV or google a man called Dr Zakir Naik (maybe someone can post a link for you) and let him explain the Qur'ans authenticity.
May Allah guide you further to the truth, Ameen

Ali_008
08-31-2009, 03:27 AM
^^ Very True. Tonnes of material has already been made on this subject. I suggest you to look for "Is the Qur'an God's word?" by Dr. Zakir Naik. Either you buy it from somewhere or see if its available on YouTube.
:w:

Humbler_359
08-31-2009, 04:15 AM

This one could help you a clear pictures how started, why, where, when? I myself have a DVD called Muhammad: Legacy of A Prophet. :statisfie

Watch it
Or Watch here-YouTube

Make sure you will pay me a little more cost, jk. ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wayseer
08-31-2009, 05:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur
I'v been reading the Qur'an (in English) for the past few weeks. How can I know if it is truly from God? I don't read enough Arabic to make a judgment on whether someone could write a Suryah as impressive as one from the Qur'an. It seems to give that as the test of it's truthfulness, i.e., try and duplicate it. But I don't understand much Arabic and I doubt if I ever will be able to be fluent.
So what is the test of its truthfulness? How can I, someone who does not speak Arabic, ever know if it is from God, or if it is from a man?

Peace and Love.
I am new to Islam like you. I can understand your issue - I have similar concerns.

I have visited many sites with audio and visual messages. While many of these are good in and of themselves they all suffer from the same thing - they are working from base - Islam is true therefore what I say is true - which is rather circular and proves nothing.

But for me that proof can be found in the 'little' things. You may not have hear of Hazem El Masri but he is well known in Australia as a champion rugby league player. He has just announced retirement and is the greatest all time points scorer in the game - and his a Muslim. While many players have been tarnished with alcohol, drug and sexual abuses Hazem El Masri has been the shining light of what a man can achieve on the sports field without indulging in alcohol, drugs or illicit sex.

You can find more here. Since that interview in 2007 he has well are truly eclipsed all other points scorers in the game.

Eric H
08-31-2009, 05:47 AM
Greetings and peace be with you rabimansur;

The same God seems to confound and confuse us all, he has not given any of us conclusive proof for his existence. If there was total proof, the chances are we would all see this proof in the same way, and believe the same religion.

Faith in God is about doing something, you said in another thread, how can you fast for so long? Somehow God inspires a billion or so Muslims to do this, which show faith and trust in God.

There is a price in searching for God, the price is we must be prepared to change ourselves and do something. It starts with prayer.

In the spirit of searching for God

Eric

Thinker
08-31-2009, 09:46 AM

Peace and Love.
I came to this site for the same reasons (to learn if Islam and the Qu’ran were the word of God). At a point in time I made my decision and announced that decision on this site so that no one would be deceived as to my intent. One of the verses that swung it for me was 33:53. Of course we humans have the ability to see the same thing and come up with different conclusions. So why am I still here - because I am still learning.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-31-2009, 09:51 AM
^so your saying that the Quran can't be the word of God simply because that verse is in favor of Muhammad?

Hassan C
08-31-2009, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359

This one could help you a clear pictures how started, why, where, when? I myself have a DVD called Muhammad: Legacy of A Prophet. :statisfie

Watch it
Or Watch here-YouTube

Make sure you will pay me a little more cost, jk. ;D
Good video!! :statisfie

Rabi Mansur
08-31-2009, 04:59 PM
I watched the video, very well done. It helps to develop a respect for the prophet and what he accomplished. Very interesting.

On the other hand, taking a closer look at Surah 33 sure reminds me of the problems I had with mormonism and their so-called prophet. I mean, why would God include as part of his holy book some of the mundane trivialities and seemingly special treatment for Muhammed that show up in that Surah?

_ALI_
08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Salam
On the other hand, taking a closer look at Surah 33 sure reminds me of the problems I had with mormonism and their so-called prophet. I mean, why would God include as part of his holy book some of the mundane trivialities and seemingly special treatment for Muhammed that show up in that Surah?
The verse 33:53 does not tell us about the special treatment of prophet Muhammad. Instead it tells us how Muslims should treat each other generally.
(33:53) Believers, enter not the houses of the Prophet without his permission
This verse is explained by a scholar Modudi (taken from tafheem.net)
This is an introduction to the general Command that was given in Surah An-Nur: 27 about a year later. In the ancient times the Arabs would enter one another's house unceremoniously. If a person had to see another person he did not drink it was necessary to call at the door or take permission for entry, but would enter the house and ask the womenfolk and children whether the master was at home or not, This custom of ignorance was the cause of many evils and would often give rise to some serious evils. Therefore, in the beginning a rule was made in respect of the houses of the Holy Prophet that no person, whether a close friend or a distant relative, could enter them without permission. Then in Surah An-Nur a general command was given to enforce this rule for the houses of aII the Muslims.
This verse teaches us about the importance of privacy.

nor wait for a meal to be prepared; instead enter when you are invited to eat,
Modudi's explanation
This is the second command in this connection. An uncivilized practice prevalent among the Arabs was that the visitors would call on a friend or acquaintance right at the time of the meals, or would come and prolong their stay till the meals time approached. This would often cause the master of the house great embarrassment. He could neither be so discourteous as to tell the visitors to leave because it was his meals time, nor could feed so many unexpected guests together. For it is not always possible for a person to arrange meals inunediately for as many visitors as happened to call on him at a time. Allah disapproved of this practice and commanded that the visitors should go for meals to a house only when invited. This Command did not in particular apply to the Holy Prophet's house only but the rules were in the beginning enforced in that model household so that they become general rules of etiquette in the houses of the other Muslims as well.
You must note that the prophet's household is a model for an ideal household so what Allah tells the prophet is also applicable on Muslims.
and when you have had the meal, disperse. Do not linger in idle talk. That is hurtful to the Prophet but he does not express it out of shyness; but Allah is not ashamed of speaking out the Truth. And if you were to ask the wives of the Prophet for something, ask from behind a curtain. That is more apt for the cleanness of your hearts and theirs.
This part of the verse stresses the segregation between men and women in a general household.
It is not lawful for you to cause hurt to Allah's Messenger, nor to ever marry his wives after him. Surely that would be an enormous sin in Allah's sight.
Wives of the prophets were regarded as mothers of all Muslims, that is why they were not allowed to marry afterwards.
Basically this verse does not only tell us how to behave with a prophet, instead it tells us about mannerism and the general rules of a household
Peace

13th Yarba
08-31-2009, 06:43 PM
there can be no proof of the truthfulness as all religions require blind faith, faith that is blind to perceived inconsistencies.

all religious peoples struggle to reconcile modern knowledge with the basic tenets of their faith because most faiths were devised thousands of years ago in a darker time.

if their faith isnt true it doesnt really matter - people created it because they NEEDED it and people cling to their faith because they need it, not the other way round.

a buddhist would struggle to justify the urge to use violence to protect his family, or a christian to explain dinosaurs - dont worry if you question these things, it only means that you are a sane rational human being.

Tony
08-31-2009, 10:25 PM
I cannot understand.... well I guess you have not been guided, may Allah forgive you and guide you to the straight path, Ameen

wayseer
09-01-2009, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 13th Yarba
all religious peoples struggle to reconcile modern knowledge with the basic tenets of their faith
All? Not really. Perhaps those whose faith has not been tempered by knowledge of the presence of God. What 'all' people of faith have struggled with is the 'tenets' imposed by others in their attempts to overcome their own lack of faith.

a buddhist would struggle to justify the urge to use violence to protect his family
All you have demonstrated is your general ignorance of Buddhism.

or a christian to explain dinosaurs
I'm a Christian and explain dinosaurs quite easily.

Perhaps what you are struggling with is your own need to rationalize all phenomena. Perhaps you are looking in the wrong direction.

wayseer
09-01-2009, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Would you like me to explain the correct reason as to why this surah was revealed??
I would like to hear an explanation - Yes, if it pleases you so to do.

- Qatada -
09-01-2009, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wayseer
I would like to hear an explanation - Yes, if it pleases you so to do.

Allah censures His Prophet for Prohibiting Himself from what He has allowed for Him In the Book of Vows

Al-Bukhari recorded that `Ubayd bin `Umayr said that he heard `A'ishah claiming that Allah's Messenger used to stay for a period in the house of Zaynab bint Jahsh [his wife] and drink honey in her house. (She said) "Hafsah and I decided that when the Prophet entered upon either of us, we would say, `I smell Maghafir on you. Have you eaten Maghafir' When he entered upon one of us, she said that to him. He replied (to her),

«لَا، بَلْ شَرِبْتُ عَسَلًا عِنْدَ زَيْنَبَ بِنْتِ جَحْشٍ وَلَنْ أَعُودَ لَه»

(No, but I drank honey in the house of Zaynab bint Jahsh, and I will never drink it again.)'' Then the following was revealed;

[يأَيُّهَا النَّبِىُّ لِمَ تُحَرِّمُ مَآ أَحَلَّ اللَّهُ لَكَ]

(O Prophet! Why do you fobid that which Allah has allowed to you)

http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=66&tid=54348

Maghafir had a kind of smell to it, and this is why Allah's Messenger forbade it for himself. But since it is permitted by God [i.e. its not haraam] - this is why there were verses in regard to mentioning that he shouldn't have forbidden it for himself.

Also, its weird how the likes of Azy want to quote something like this, since - if he isn't the Messenger of God - why does he criticize himself for something?

Furthermore, say he was to be with his other wife [Mariyah] - then what's forbidding him from being with her? Why is that a sin? How is that something blameworthy in the religion?

- Qatada -
09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Hey rabimansur

Ask yourself when reading the Qur'ans meaning, do you think that its the best way of life in comparison to other ways of life? Does it provide the best type of guidance?

Just focus on the message of the Qur'an, and read the biography of Prophet Muhammad, and come to your own personal conclusions. Could it come from other than God?

Make a list of the pros and cons, and also make a criteria for yourself as to whether you think Islam calls to more good and benefit for mankind, or other forms of life. See which outweighs the other, pray to God for success in your sincere path, and you will find what you believe is the truth.

Peace.

Salahudeen
09-01-2009, 01:15 PM
^ brother explained above,

Well this surah was revealed when two of the prophets wife (peace be upon him) got jealous that he spent longer than usual at 1 of his wife's houses, at her house he drank honey, so when they both found out that he had honey at her house they plotted to say he had a bad odor coming from his mouth when he got back.

When they both said this to him, he made it forbidden for himself to drink honey because he thought it caused a bad odor and displeased his wifes, then god revealed

[Tehreem 66:1] O dear Prophet ! Why do you forbid for yourself the things that God has made lawful for you? You wish to please some of your wives; and Allah is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful

and the next few verses go on the admonish his wifes for making stuff up that isn't true e.g the bad odor

Rasema
09-01-2009, 01:41 PM
"I don't read enough Arabic to make a judgment on whether someone could write a Suryah as impressive as one from the Qur'an."

I'm not someone with knowledge so If I make a mistake,don't get exited.

Allah,spw, has sent messangers to reveal his message for our purpose in life. If God exists, He doesn't create anything in vain,right?
This is a way in which you can tell,one way, to which religion is actually our obligation to our Lord,Exalted He be.

If you believe in God,you should have a reason to believe that God doesn't create in vain and that He would want us to live in a certain way.And that He would have told us,in some way, what our purpose is.

Through the scriptures, He has told us in what way he wants us to live, He reestablished the true path a few times.

The evidence that Muhammad,saws, is a messanger of God is the Qur'an. The Qur'an is Muhammad,saws, walking. It was in his brain,memorized. If you doubt that he was illiterate,well, I doubt that anyone was litterate at the time. There were no authors,books, television,schools...

Why would you be interested in writting. It simply wasn't used. It was unnecessary at the time.

We can proof through the chain of authority that the Qur'an is the original Qur'an.

I hope you understand what I am mean by a chain of authority. It's a chain of teachers. Like for example A taught B, B taught C, C taught D, D taught E, and so on and so on. With a book that is found in a cave, you cannot do anything because you cannot trace it back to the original author (A) . I hope this is clear, but if it's not, just ask.

We do not want to trace Scriptures to a cave, we want to trace them back to the Prophets(pbut). What we want is chain which says that Prophet X gave/taught his Book to his student who gave it to his student who gave it to his student 'til we arrive to a student who lives now.

This is used by historians in all fields and not just Islam.Don't you dare compare it to the telephone party game,pure ignorance.

Could Muhammad write the Qur'an. No, no one of the time could. Has anyone written a sura like that of the Qur'an IN ARABIC today? No....

Now it's up to you to do research:

http://www.miraclesof*************/index.php

jUST GO TO gOOGLE AND TYPE IN: mIRACLES OF THE qUR'AN.

Once you finish and read the Qur'an you can experience it's miraculous power. If you read it with an open heart and mind you might conversate with the creator of the heavens and the earth.

Rasema
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=Eric H;1213144]Greetings and peace be with you rabimansur;

The same God seems to confound and confuse us all, he has not given any of us conclusive proof for his existence. If there was total proof, the chances are we would all see this proof in the same way, and believe the same religion.

Faith in God is about doing something, you said in another thread, how can you fast for so long? Somehow God inspires a billion or so Muslims to do this, which show faith and trust in God.

There is a price in searching for God, the price is we must be prepared to change ourselves and do something. It starts with prayer.

In the spirit of searching for God

Just because the Qur'an is a word of God doesn't mean that we proof God or that he has proven himself through a scripture.

Why are Quranic verses arigorical?

Aja or a verse of the Qur'an just means a sign, what a coincidence.

'FAITH IN GOD IS ABOUT DOING SOMETHING"

EXACLY,through the Qur'an, Allah,spw, had told us how he want's us to live.

wayseer
09-01-2009, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
(O Prophet! Why do you fobid that which Allah has allowed to you)
Thank you for your response. I have not read anything about honey, but my own reading of Surah 66 would indicate that God was demonstrating that what God has ordained mere prophets, however revered, are not to dismiss.

Peace

W

Eliphaz
09-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Salaam Alaikum wrt all, new to the forum... :exhausted

rabimansur: I totally sympathise with your experiences.

I was born a Muslim, but never had a true grounding in knowledge or the Qur'an, as I think is the predicament of many born Muslims today, much to the detriment of themselves and others.

I had never read the Qur'an fully, subhanallah, and based on the words and actions of people rather than my own knowledge, pretty much "left" Islam for a period when I was not praying and essentially became an agnostic. During this period I was, confused, disillusioned with religion, and lost in myself.

I then picked up the Qur'an and started reading it during this Ramadan. It is the translation by M.A.S. Abdel Haleem. I am trying to finish it before Ramadan insha'Allah and it is opening my eyes to the "real" Islam, not the the one portrayed by so-called Muslims or the television or the newspapers. It is also translated in a language I can understand, unlike certain translations in King James I "Bible English". It is also the case that many translators try to take too many liberties with the text which this one alhamdulillah doesn't. It is a joy to read.

I agree that it is hard for non-Arabic speakers such as us to truly comprehend the beauty of the Qur'an: all we can get is a translation, but we should strive to find a decent translation as we can and this one is both highly recommended by scholars and written in modern English (though I would still recommend using another translation alongside with more footnotes, Yusuf Ali for example).

The verse that has clinched the deal for me is, as my username suggests: 21:30 (though in reality 21:30-33), from the Surah: "The Prophets". In several verses the Qur'an talks about the big bang, the fact we are all made from water, the fact mountains stabilise the earth and finally how the sun and moon follow orbits. These ideas, as well as many other scientific concepts embedded within the Qur'an, make Islam truly unique in this way; there is no way the Prophet (saws) could have predicted this.

But as someone mentioned, different people are guided in different ways. Everyone can quote you a hundred ayahs but you may not be convinced. God guides those whom he wills. But I would definitely recommend the above translation of the Qur'an as it is for me, the closest I will get to the beauty of the Arabic until I can understand the Arabic itself.

Also want to add that this is an amazing site with many interesting discussions that I hope to be a part of in future. :D

Rabi Mansur
09-14-2009, 03:58 AM
Shukran Omar 21:30, I will look for that translation. I am about half way through reading the Qur'an using Maulana Muhammad Ali's translation at this point ... will keep reading.

Muhaba
09-14-2009, 05:02 AM
One thing you will see is that the Quraan doesn't have any incorrect information! This is truly amazing as there are many scientific facts in the Quran as brother Omar pointed out above. If the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) had made it up from himself or had copied beliefs about the earth, sun, moon, embryo, etc from those present at that time, then there would be as many (if not more) incorrect information in the Quraan as there are correct information. But that is not the case. Any information present in the Quraan is proven today to be scientifically correct. That alone proves that the Quraan is the Book of God and could not have been written by man.

to see some scientific miracles in the Quraan, go to http://www.islam-guide.com

Muhaba
09-14-2009, 05:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
I came to this site for the same reasons (to learn if Islam and the Qu’ran were the word of God). At a point in time I made my decision and announced that decision on this site so that no one would be deceived as to my intent. One of the verses that swung it for me was 33:53. Of course we humans have the ability to see the same thing and come up with different conclusions. So why am I still here - because I am still learning.
What exactly didn't you like in this verse? If you didn't like the part about God saying that ppl shouldn't stay for too long in the Prophet (SAW)'s house, then why not? What is wrong with that order? The Prophet (SAW) was very kindhearted and didn't tell the ppl sitting unnecessarily to leave his house even when he was tired. So Allah revealed that verse, ordering the ppl to come only at the appointed time and leave after the meal is over.

About the part ordering the believers not to marry the Prophet (SAW)'s wives after him. There can be several reasons for that. First the Prophet (SAW) gave lots of sacrifices for spreading Islam, for our sake. If he hadn't done that difficult, life-threatening job, we wouldn't have Islam today. So shouldn't some wish of his be fulfilled in return? If he didn't like that anyone should marry his wives after him (that's how much he loved them) shouldn't that wish be fulfilled in return for all the sacrifices he made. (If you sacrificed everything for someone and that person didn't fulfill some wish of yours would you regard him to be loyal?)

Additionally you are an unbeliever and don't understand the love and reverence we muslims have for the Prophet (SAW). We're ready to sacrifice everything for the pleasure, happiness, and comfort of the Prophet (SAW) so if he wanted us to do something (but didn't order us) even then we would do it willingly just to keep him happy.

Another thing is that you need to keep into consideration how the Prophet (SAW)'s wives would feel about remarrying. Do you think that after the Prophet (SAW) they would want to marry any other human being? I don't think so. Even today if a woman married a king and he died, most likely she wouldn't want to marry anyone less than a king! (Even the Prophet (SAW)'s son-in-law Uthman (R) didn't want to remarry after the death of his wife (the Prophet's daughter) so the Prophet (SAW) offerred to him his other daughter and he married her.) So how can you expect that the Prophet (SAW)'s wives would want to marry anyone else after the Prophet (SAW)? So God didn't just take into consideration the Prophet (SAW)'s wishes but also his wives'.

YusufNoor
09-14-2009, 06:23 AM
Shukran Omar 21:30, I will look for that translation. I am about half way through reading the Qur'an using Maulana Muhammad Ali's translation at this point ... will keep reading.
Ali is NOT a Muslim, he is an Ahmadiyyan. he does not believe that Isa ibn Marriam is the Messiah, therefore outside the fold of Islam. although his translation IS interesting, i found Muhammad Asad's to be the most eyeopening.

:wa:

Rabi Mansur
09-15-2009, 02:08 AM
Ali is NOT a Muslim, he is an Ahmadiyyan. he does not believe that Isa ibn Marriam is the Messiah, therefore outside the fold of Islam. although his translation IS interesting, i found Muhammad Asad's to be the most eyeopening.
O.K. I understand. I haven't placed too terribly much reliance on his commentary. But I do like the lay out of the book because it is easier for me to look at the Arabic portions too even though I don't read very much Arabic.

Rabi Mansur
09-15-2009, 02:35 AM
BTW I just ordered Muhammad Asad's translation. I will take a serious look at that when it arrives in the mail.

Peace

YusufNoor
09-15-2009, 03:29 AM
O.K. I understand. I haven't placed too terribly much reliance on his commentary. But I do like the lay out of the book because it is easier for me to look at the Arabic portions too even though I don't read very much Arabic.

for the longest time, i enjoyed the layout of the English in his translation. it seemed sectioned into nice little parts. i just couldn't figure out why he said the Jesus was dead in the intro. THEN i found out why!

btw, the Asad that i have also includes the Arabic AS WELL AS the transliteration.

http://islamicbookstore.com/b8257.html

you can learn more about the Quran from Mufti Ismail Menk:

http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html

his lectures are very inspiring. his Arabic is Phenomenal, his enthusiasm is unbounded and he has a unique ability to "currentize" the Qur'an.

the one entitled Reasons of Revelation from 2005 is a great intro type history on the way the Qur'an was revealed.

Rabi Mansur
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Shukran!
I am looking forward to Asad's work to arrive in the mail. Looks like a very user-friendly layout.

Peace

Rasema
09-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Shukran!
I am looking forward to Asad's work to arrive in the mail. Looks like a very user-friendly layout.

Peace
When I started reading the Qur'an it was the best experience I had in my life.
You start obsearving the creation. It was as if I saw the sun for the first time,as If I didn't notice it before.

I also had the most beautiful dream I'll never forget. I was walking with my friends in the dark.It was a tranquil peaceful night then I saw the Qur'an in the sky. I exclaimed "how will the scientists explain this" then it moved down from the sky. My best friend was surprised and touched it but it slowly came to my hands then a light encompassed me and I felt so good........

When it was dark you feel so good praying.It's the best moment in your life.

The first translation you read becomes your shelter so you should get naother translation.

Rabi Mansur
09-16-2009, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
When I started reading the Qur'an it was the best experience I had in my life.
You start obsearving the creation. It was as if I saw the sun for the first time,as If I didn't notice it before.

I also had the most beautiful dream I'll never forget. I was walking with my friends in the dark.It was a tranquil peaceful night then I saw the Qur'an in the sky. I exclaimed "how will the scientists explain this" then it moved down from the sky. My best friend was surprised and touched it but it slowly came to my hands then a light encompassed me and I felt so good........

When it was dark you feel so good praying.It's the best moment in your life.

The first translation you read becomes your shelter so you should get naother translation.
Wow that is awesome. One thing I have noticed since I started reading the Quran is I am paying a lot of attention to the moon. I never did that before. It seems so quiet and big at times now. I like to go out at night and just look at the moon.

Rasema
09-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Wow that is awesome. One thing I have noticed since I started reading the Quran is I am paying a lot of attention to the moon. I never did that before. It seems so quiet and big at times now. I like to go out at night and just look at the moon.
I so know what you mean!!!!!

I would watch the sunset a lot. The verse that made wonder a lot was the one that says he raised the sky without any pillars holding it. Yeah the night becomes very peaceful.

Eliphaz
09-17-2009, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
I so know what you mean!!!!!

I would watch the sunset a lot. The verse that made wonder a lot was the one that says he raised the sky without any pillars holding it. Yeah the night becomes very peaceful.
I can totally identify with that.

I have been reading the Qur'an in my conservatory which has a glass ceiling. Whenever I read verses about the lowest heaven being adorned with stars or about how the sky is a canopy without supports like you mentioned, it really resonates with me. Also, when it rains the rain really hits the glass hard and then reading verses such as where God compares the resurrection of humans as similar to the way the rain brings the earth back to life, it is very powerful. :sunny:

I was just sitting there as the rain came down the other day. It was so loud that I couldn't hear myself reading Qur'an even in my head! I had to stop and just say subhallah because it was just one of those moments when you feel really small and in awe of the world. :muddlehea

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.