/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ever imagined life without Islam?

ahmed_indian
08-31-2009, 10:17 AM
:sl:,

have any of you ever imagined a life without faith in Allah. a life in which a person spent all his time in believing that there is no God, movies, drinking, dating and finally met an accident and died?

and then s/he is suffering after death and wishing one more chance to return.

just makes one shudder!! the greatest blessing of Allah to us is faith in Him.

RABBANA LA TUZIGH QULUBANA BA`DA ‘IDH HADAYTANA WA HAB LANA MIL-LADUNKA RAHMAH; INNAKAANTAL-WAHHAB.
Our Rabb! Do not stray our hearts after granting us guidance and gift us from Your Mercy,Definitely You are the only Bestower.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sahabiyaat
08-31-2009, 01:21 PM
:sl:
indeed, sometimes i think how pointless life would be without Islam ...to put ultimate value in futile things for your entire life....no wonder alot of rich famous people finallly lose it and kill themselves because they are so miserable from realising that all the riches in the world cannot buy them peace....as it is said, richness is not in wealth but in contentment of the heart :) :wa:

Salahudeen
08-31-2009, 01:26 PM
life without Islam would be pointless, I would've overdosed on some pills along time ago or probably be in a prison some where lol.

Cos no other purpose is good enough for me to continue, no other religion/way of life answers my questions so without Islam I'd just be depressed all the time and probably commit suicide due to the fact that I can't see a point to life.

Can't see a reason to wake up every day, I'd ask myself, wake up for what?? no pleasurable thing in this life satisfies like Islam so I'd have nothing to live for, sure at first without Islam I'd be clubbing and womanising but then what? what about when I get bored of it and start to question "there's got to be more to life than getting drunk and womanising" that's when I'd probably juse overdose cos I wouldn't be able to find a purpose that makes me feel content.

lol I just read the post above and you said same thing pratically, it didn't appear untill I posted mine

Sahabiyaat
08-31-2009, 01:29 PM
i know akhee, i just said it in a much more eloquent, summarised way :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhmadibnNasroon
08-31-2009, 01:35 PM
A life without Islam? Well lets see...you have

Oprah, Jerry Springer, Maury, Ricki Lake (do they still air that?), Montel Williams, and so much more.

Now I don't watch TV anymore but I do recall seeing the lives of people on reality TV and talk shows and it seems this is what life would be like without Islam.

We're all faced with problems, trials and tribulations, even with Islam but the difference between the Muslim and the kafir is that one is heedless while the other isn't.

When the Prophet sallallahu alayhi'wa'salam would face difficulty he would say "alhamdulillah 3la kulli 7al" - a'Nisa'ee authenticated by Albanee in Saheeh'ul Jaami

Life without Islam is a life full of worries, going astray, sin, corruption, etc. Just look around the world. It's not a life I think any of us want to live.

I LOVE waking up on a Friday knowing the Muslims will gather for salaatul jummu3ah, I LOVE waking up in Ramadan looking forward to another day of fasting, ibaadah, adhkaar, etc, I LOVE the circles of knowledge, seeing Muslims, being reminded, etc. As for the one who doesn't have Islam, then their life is full of controversy and depression.

May Allah keep us steadfast upon Islam ameen.

Salahudeen
08-31-2009, 02:00 PM
^ they don't know what it means to feel alive, they just come across weird to me all they care about is fulfilling their sexual desire or worldy desire that's all it is with them.

The life of the women revolves around finding that special guy and getting married, the guy who's going to make her feel happy. And the life of the man is to go around sleeping with as much women as he can then get old and settle down whilst drinking alcohol every day.

this isn't what I call a good life, they're so dependant on finding that "special person" to the point where that's all they care about going out and finding the right guy and getting married :|

cat eyes
08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
^ they don't know what it means to feel alive, they just come across weird to me all they care about is fulfilling their sexual desire or worldy desire that's all it is with them.

The life of the women revolves around finding that special guy and getting married, the guy who's going to make her feel happy. And the life of the man is to go around sleeping with as much women as he can then get old and settle down whilst drinking alcohol every day.

this isn't what I call a good life, they're so dependant on finding that "special person" to the point where that's all they care about going out and finding the right guy and getting married :|
the scary thing is muslims especially girls are becoming like that now. forgetting about there obligations

zakirs
08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
This is what i see among my friends.Then i think , would i be the same person as now if islam wasn't there ? Would i abstain from alcohol and zina ?

Thank Allah that i am guided.

Hassan C
08-31-2009, 02:27 PM
There would be so many problems and stuff without ISLAM in the world I just can't imagine it :O

AhmadibnNasroon
08-31-2009, 05:17 PM
1. By Al-'Asr (the time).

2. Verily! Man is in loss,

3. Except those who believe (in Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth (i.e. order one another to perform all kinds of good deeds (Al-Ma'rûf ÇáãÚÑæÝ)which Allâh has ordained, and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds (Al-Munkar ÇáãäßÑ)which Allâh has forbidden), and recommend one another to patience (for the sufferings, harms, and injuries which one may encounter in Allâh's Cause during preaching His religion of Islâmic Monotheism or Jihâd, etc.)

Surah 'Asr

Muhaba
08-31-2009, 06:02 PM
I guess it would be like going on a road in the wilderness without a map. one would get lost easily.

nebula
08-31-2009, 06:06 PM
id be a mess without Islam,

Alhumdullilah i am muslim!!!!

Salahudeen
08-31-2009, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
the scary thing is muslims especially girls are becoming like that now. forgetting about there obligations

Exactly cat eyes, that's why it's so hard to get married. It's like they've completely forgotten that the purpose is to worship Allah and fullfill your obligations and earn his pleasure. but they make their purpose to find that special guy or lady and that's all life is about with them.

I used to be like that myself, I used to go mad thinking why haven't I got someone, then I started asking myself,

"hold on why are you letting this dominate your life, you wern't put here to obcesse with this, just focus on the akhira and Allah will fulfill your duniah needs ;D"

Now I never obsesse with this, I make dua for it, but don't let it dominate my life to the point where I feel sad and it's the only important thing in existance. As long as I fulfill my purpose I should be ok and not be dependant on any 1 else ;D

you see many people, as I was, are under the illusion that they need to be with someone to be happy, they need a partner to find happyness so they make this goal cos they think it will bring them happyness so they devote their whole life to finding this special person so they can be happy.

But you can be happy and content by yourself also, "who ever knows the mission of the shaytaan and disobey's him and obey's his lord instead will find the true happyness"

People search for happyness in the wrong things e.g people.

Salahudeen
08-31-2009, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
This is what i see among my friends.Then i think , would i be the same person as now if islam wasn't there ? Would i abstain from alcohol and zina ?

Thank Allah that i am guided.

Same here Zakir, I look at them and think why are you going crazy trying to find this person who you think will make you happy. I guess they have the idea in their head that if they have a b/f /g/f they'll be happy and be able to live happily ever after :hmm:

If only they realised happyness lies with Allah

3isha
08-31-2009, 08:36 PM
one of the biggest blessings we should remember to thanks Allah is of Islam.
Subhanallah ISlam is a way of life, so no islam= no life

_PakistaN_
09-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Man honestly if I didn't have Islam.

I'm not gonna lie I would be on drugs, stressed more, adultry, drinking, and lots more. Islam has saved me from a lot of evil deeds.

IslamicRevival
09-02-2009, 04:37 AM
I have thought about it and first of all I thank Allah SWT for the blessing he has bestowed upon all Born Muslims, Islam

Without Islam i would do whats (Wrongly) considered normal these days. I dont think i need to elaborate any further

May Allah SWT guide us and protect us from shaytan

Humbler_359
09-02-2009, 05:00 AM
Islam is my life! Without that precious gift, I would be nothing and pointless in this amusement world. I used to be the best person in this worldy but realized it is worthless and wasting my times.

Think
Act
Breathe
Analyze
Pray and Pray

Always, always, always REMEMBER ALLAH.

"We belong to Allah, and surely to Him we shall return." (Al-Qur'an 2:156)

جوري
09-02-2009, 07:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmadibnPhilip
A life without Islam? Well lets see...you have

Oprah, Jerry Springer, Maury, Ricki Lake (do they still air that?), Montel Williams, and so much more.

Now I don't watch TV anymore but I do recall seeing the lives of people on reality TV and talk shows and it seems this is what life would be like without Islam.

We're all faced with problems, trials and tribulations, even with Islam but the difference between the Muslim and the kafir is that one is heedless while the other isn't.

When the Prophet sallallahu alayhi'wa'salam would face difficulty he would say "alhamdulillah 3la kulli 7al" - a'Nisa'ee authenticated by Albanee in Saheeh'ul Jaami

Life without Islam is a life full of worries, going astray, sin, corruption, etc. Just look around the world. It's not a life I think any of us want to live.

I LOVE waking up on a Friday knowing the Muslims will gather for salaatul jummu3ah, I LOVE waking up in Ramadan looking forward to another day of fasting, ibaadah, adhkaar, etc, I LOVE the circles of knowledge, seeing Muslims, being reminded, etc. As for the one who doesn't have Islam, then their life is full of controversy and depression.

May Allah keep us steadfast upon Islam ameen.
I loved reading your post.. Jazaka Allah khyran

:w:

Al Ansari
09-02-2009, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
life without Islam would be pointless, I would've overdosed on some pills along time ago or probably be in a prison some where lol.

Cos no other purpose is good enough for me to continue, no other religion/way of life answers my questions so without Islam I'd just be depressed all the time and probably commit suicide due to the fact that I can't see a point to life.

Can't see a reason to wake up every day, I'd ask myself, wake up for what?? no pleasurable thing in this life satisfies like Islam so I'd have nothing to live for, sure at first without Islam I'd be clubbing and womanising but then what? what about when I get bored of it and start to question "there's got to be more to life than getting drunk and womanising" that's when I'd probably juse overdose cos I wouldn't be able to find a purpose that makes me feel content.

lol I just read the post above and you said same thing pratically, it didn't appear untill I posted mine
Well said, lol

THE END
09-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Peace to those who follow the guidance

...only in the remembrance of Allah can the heart find peace. (Surat ar-Ra‘d: 28)

Only belief can save us from a life of anxiety, for we cannot find true happiness on our own.

The last couple of years i have been living a life without islam,
devoid of belief spending my life as a lost soul,a rebellious spirit on a mission to consume all the pleasures weather it was haram or halal.

I must admit during this period of jahaliya my life was dominated by emptiness, and unfulfilled longing.

discontent and always complaining

"I’m so bored,"
"I’m fed up with this life," or
"I don’t feel like doing anything." etc etc

- IqRa -
09-02-2009, 12:34 PM
One thing I would probably have done is drinking, without Islaam.

Alhamdulillah that Allaah has saved me from it.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-02-2009, 12:44 PM
i didnt start practising islam till i became 16

before that i did eeeeeverything i could to fill the emptiness inside (nothing too haram Alhamdulillaah, but music etc yes :-[) and nothing worked

life without islam is just a void to me - and i KNOW if i neva had islam i wud do soooooooooooooooooo many bad things trying to fill that void...

Alhamdulillaah for islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.