/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is trying to convert a kufr women so you can marry her alowed

Teddy.
08-31-2009, 03:31 PM
is this alowed since the aim is to marry her

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sampharo
08-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Yes. Same goes for a muslim woman asking a kafir man to convert for her. It is steeped in companion's tradition and the most famous is Umm Salim (Al-Romaysaa Bint Malhaa), when Abu Talha came to marry her, she refused. When he said: "Is it that you seek the yellow and white" referring to gold and silver, she responded "no, but my dowry is your joining Islam." He did, and it was said to be the greatest dowry ever given. Abu Talha later became one of the pious companions.

Her Islam however needs to be real, and not on paper to get through the procedure. She needs to accept the five pillars of Islam and the 6 items of faith. She needs to hold her prayer, hold that the one God is to be worshipped and no other, etc. A sham joining to get through the procedure without actual faith or prayer is as good as none, and whomever marries her is considered unmarried, and any relations between them is forbidden zina.

And God knows best

mathematician
08-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Have we run out of muslim sisters? :)
Why don't you get yourself one from those?
I wouldn't recommend converting a woman so that you can marry her.
You are not supposed to interact much with the opposite gender anyway, so I think it would be much difficult to convert one without trespassing Allah's laws.

Sahabiyaat
08-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Have we run out of muslim sisters? :)

oh..were just not good enough you see lol :D, because we cant attract men as good as those with tight clothing and fashionable haristyles and tones of make up ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Allah says marry the believing women if you know better. and also lets not forget you cannot just tell a woman to revert just for marriage..say kalma and slap the ring on her finger :heated: YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY SHOW HER ISLAM bring her to a mosque where she can meet other muslimahs and she can learn the religion for herself as it would be haraam for you to interact with her as you are a male and what she will learn?? that this is acceptable ??

you have to do things properly if you want to get any blessing from Allah that you are serious. time and time again i see men marrying kufir women.. they revert but there husbands could not care less about teaching them how to pray, how to dress. how to have manners etc and the list goes on!! brother we have to protect our next generation of children please brothers are you not thinking about this? what our ummah will be like?? there is plenty of believing women around PLENTY

13th Yarba
08-31-2009, 06:29 PM
surely if you love her and want to marry her she must already be perfect in every way - i would not seek to convert someones religion to suit my own purposes. i might wonder in the future if they might give of their love as randomly as their faith

kwolney01
08-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Don't try to convert her just to marry her. She should want to convert herself because she has realized the truth and wants Islam to be her way of life. If she just converts to marry you she may not be a practicing Muslim after. You want a wife that will teach your children about Islam who believes in her heart that it is the truth.

kwolney01
08-31-2009, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 13th Yarba
surely if you love her and want to marry her she must already be perfect in every way - i would not seek to convert someones religion to suit my own purposes. i might wonder in the future if they might give of their love as randomly as their faith
I agree, to not convert her to suit your own purposes, but what will happen when they have children?

What religion will the children be taught? Will they be taught both from both parents? This will confuse them.

It's not right to convert just to marry someone of another faith, but it isn't necessarily the best to marry someone who isn't of your faith because of the childrens sakes. You have to think about them and how you will raise them.

Hayaa
08-31-2009, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kwolney01
Don't try to convert her just to marry her. She should want to convert herself because she has realized the truth and wants Islam to be her way of life. If she just converts to marry you she may not be a practicing Muslim after. You want a wife that will teach your children about Islam who believes in her heart that it is the truth.
It is narrated on the authority of Amirul Mu'minin, Abu Hafs 'Umar bin al-Khattab, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:

"Actions are (judged) by motives (niyyah), so each man will have what he intended. Thus, he whose migration (hijrah) was to Allah and His Messenger, his migration is to Allah and His Messenger; but he whose migration was for some worldly thing he might gain, or for a wife he might marry, his migration is to that for which he migrated."

[Bukhari & Muslim]

Ali_008
09-01-2009, 01:38 AM
:sl:
Even if she converts for your sake, she does convert. Then she has to carry out the duties of a Muslim woman. If you want to marry her, give her an introduction of Islam and tell her that she'll have to do those things to marry you. If she converts for your sake and later turns to her old ways, you may carry a portion of that sin too. Its not wrong but it is not a simple matter.

format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
oh..were just not good enough you see lol :D, because we cant attract men as good as those with tight clothing and fashionable haristyles and tones of make up ;D
Honestly, Hijab attracts me more.;D:p

convert
09-01-2009, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Teddy.
is this alowed since the aim is to marry her
it is insulting to our muslim sisters to do this.

ummsara1108
09-01-2009, 03:30 AM
I really see where the muslim sisters can feel like maybe there's something wrong with why a muslim man chooses a non muslim woman as a mate and not a born muslim woman, but how do you expect to spead the islamic faith by only marrying a sister, allah has given a man permission to do so, so it is allowed, you may not like it, but it is acceptable. As far as the children in most cases yes the children become confused, but not if they are taught right, problems come in all relationships, and yes its harder when to people differ from one another, but if life was as easy as some of us want it to be what would be the sense. I would advise you to think hard about the girl you wish to introduce to islam, and be ready for any obsticals you may face, because there will be many, most mixed relations do not work out but it's not impossible, I did it and my life couldn't be better. I am not a muslim sister yet, but I can say I am as important as any muslim sister here or anywhere. It was kind of offensive to hear the women on here saying oh don't marry a kaffir woman. Like she don't deserve the oppertunity to have a good muslim man to show her what Allah has instore for her. After all if it was not for my husband then I would have never found the true path I was ment to follow. As far as tight clothes and make up, many muslim women wear the same if not more, rarely do you see a sister without makeup, and more and more I see them wearing tighter clothing, so don't be so quick to judge or stereotype a person. We all deserve respect and the oppertunity to better ourselves kaffir or not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.