/* */

PDA

View Full Version : nice or mean?

anonymous
08-31-2009, 11:42 PM
salaam

my problem is about a book. i bought a used biology book and other notes and stuff from a muslim girl. she basically showed me around the university and stuff, gave me hints and advises on lots of things since we are in thesame program and she is one year ahead. anyway, problem is the biology book i bought off her is good and all. but the professor this year, changed the textbook to a different publisher and author. so now, she says i might have to get the new book which is $208 and i didnt know this, she told me and said i didnt want to cheat on u or something.

i asked the professor and shes like theres difference in the text and chapters might be like moved around and stuff. but idk, what if i have to return the book to her? she will give me refund..money isnt the issue. but , i dont really feel comfortable asking for misely $50 back, i feel like idk, i just dont want the money, she can have the book cos i got nothing to do with it, if i intend on buying the stupid new bio book package.

so... is it ok if i dont ask her to give back the money.. idk, i barely talk to any girls or muslim ones so..i just dont want it. Its not like i love her or something, but its just i dont want it back, they money part that is.

if i accept the refund, the money, i kinda feel bad, i mean i told her were like muslims and stuff =\.

i dont know what to do, and this is only if I want to get the new bio book . im not even sure if i want the new bio book, but if i do have to..i dont want her to refund the money..or should i accept it?? :S. its such a stupid question to ask , but its just something i need help with :\.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlbanianMuslim
09-01-2009, 12:40 AM
I think you should ask her what she prefers. its not a big deal. :)

anonymous
09-01-2009, 12:49 AM
she wants to refund the money..i should just accept it? but what if i dont want the money? :S

IbnAbdulHakim
09-01-2009, 12:55 AM
just give the book back lol?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
09-01-2009, 01:07 AM
lol yes, but i dont want the money :S, i dont know whether i should accept the money back or not? thats only if i have to get the new book -_-

جوري
09-01-2009, 05:47 AM
get your refund from her, give her, her book back, and part of the money use to buy her something nice, maybe a thank you card and two movie tickets one for you and one for her, so you can bond over the new

madagascar cartoon?

just a suggestion..

:w:

Asim Khan
09-01-2009, 05:54 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
she wants to refund the money..
It would be awkward if now you say that you don't feel good about taking the money. You can go to a classmate that has the new book to see if the old one will do (maybe all the changes are listed). $208 - 50 is a lot to save (if all of the content is the same).

:sl:

Asim Khan
09-01-2009, 06:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
[...]buy her something nice, [...]
That sounds nice, something she could use in university, but dating? ^o) :skeleton:
:)

Tony
09-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Its Ramadhaan, give the money for joint zakaat

جوري
09-01-2009, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asim Khan
That sounds nice, something she could use in university, but dating? ^o) :skeleton:
:)
Hard to believe but women can have women friends you know .. ;D
I think it is a nice gesture to extend her friendship.. but that is just me, it is a mere suggestion!

Asim Khan
09-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Hmm, maybe they could get their MSA to show Dr. Zakir's (latest Islam in Focus) Quran and Modern Science lecture -- even invite the professor. :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.