/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help me understand...

Ummu Sufyaan
09-01-2009, 12:16 PM
:sl:
...this obsession some people seem to have with controlling and dominating and wanting everything their way. what is with some people and their superiority complex. how do you deal with it...?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
09-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Maybe its hidden insecurities?

It shud deffo be addressed. honestly communicate with em, make it known that they're being bossy, possesive & controlling n how it effects negatively those around them. Sometimes people like that don't even kno that they're doin it.

S_87
09-01-2009, 12:51 PM
well people are only like that because others give in to their whims. if they were made to know that the world doesnt revolve around THEM and its not always THEM then theyd have to back down. sometimes its about compromise, whether its you compromising what you want to do (because its also not always about you and you having your way) or the other way round.

*by you i dont mean you personally, just generally :)

cat eyes
09-01-2009, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
...this obsession some people seem to have with controlling and dominating and wanting everything their way. what is with some people and their superiority complex. how do you deal with it...?
sister Allah created every human just like the nature of this earth. everywhere you find rough, smooth, rocky, pleasant, harsh, and the list goes on just try and be more open and understanding of the nature of humans and you will learn to live with it:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
09-02-2009, 06:21 AM
barakallahu feekunna :)

@sis amani how can one avoid "giving in" to their whims when they have an Islamic authority over them and therefore you have to obey...eg husband, [parents, etc.

syilla
09-02-2009, 06:37 AM
:salamext:

For me, it depends... If it something good or i'm not tired enough... i just go ahead on give in to their whims (for example my son :p)

If it is against my principle...I'll explain and hoping he/she can understand and give reasons if he/she argue. Then i'll consider if i want to do it or not :hmm:

If it he/she wants to talk alone himself only...then i let he/she talk alone. I just don't feel like listening...huhuhu. Unless the reason he/she talk is to have feedback and good listeners then i'm willing to listen.

Sometimes all i can say to my son is... "lets be happy lets be happy...lets smile and don't be grumpy..." :D

S_87
09-02-2009, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed

@sis amani how can one avoid "giving in" to their whims when they have an Islamic authority over them and therefore you have to obey...eg husband, [parents, etc.
:w:

aah i had a feeling this was more complicated than the question.
i see your problem, if its the parents youre disrespecting
and husband youre disobeying :rolleyes:

dont know tbh, if its minor things then just learn to let it go but if its something you really feel about then....
oh and tell the person in question how you feel and what you want instead of it being a case of my way only! to do this it doesnt have to be in a disrespectful or disobedient manner, sometimes its not what you say its how you say it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.