/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Zakat

Noddy
09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Salam.

I am unable to keep fast due to personal reasons therefore I'm woundering how much zakat will I have to give? I don't have a job at the moment so I don't have no income.

Thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rasema
09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
I hope someone answers your question and mine,InshAllah.

Can you give vitr or sadaqa to family?
Are vitr and sadaqa the same thing?

Abdu-l-Majeed
09-01-2009, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noddy
Salam.

I am unable to keep fast due to personal reasons therefore I'm woundering how much zakat will I have to give? I don't have a job at the moment so I don't have no income.

Thanks in advance.
:wasalamex

Do you expect that those personal reasons disappear by time?

ardianto
09-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Salam.

Thanks in advance.
Zakat fitr is 2.5 kg of raw main food in your area (rice/wheat/date, etc) or money that similar as price of 2.5 kg of raw main food. If you don't have an income, your family can pay your zakat. Or (excuse me) if your family are not muslims and you don't have any income, zakat fitr is not obligate for you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdu-l-Majeed
09-09-2009, 08:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
I hope someone answers your question and mine,InshAllah.

Can you give vitr or sadaqa to family?
Are vitr and sadaqa the same thing?
:sl: sister!

Generally, sadaqa means charity. So, when you in sha Allah in 2 or 3 weeks get to know that you can help a needy brother or sister, and you give him something that's sadaqa.

What we in Bosnia call "vitre" or "vitr" is sadaqatul-fitr (sadekatul-fitr) or zakatul-fitr (zekatul-fitr); it's one type of charity or sadaqa.

Here's something that will in sha Allah benefit you:

http://minber.ba/index.php?option=co...fikh&Itemid=59

Abdu-l-Majeed
09-09-2009, 08:17 AM
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/81178/

Rasema
09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
:wa:
Thank you

Just to make sure I understood you right.

Sadaqa(Zakat) is charity which is obligatory, but sadaqatul-fitr is an optional.

I see, Zakat is Sadaqa. Why do we use the both terms? confusing....

Sadaqa is Zekat.
Vitr is sadaqqatul fitr.

And, you can give it to family but only if they're in need?

Abdu-l-Majeed
09-10-2009, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Thank you

Just to make sure I understood you right.

Sadaqa(Zakat) is charity which is obligatory, but sadaqatul-fitr is an optional.

I see, Zakat is Sadaqa. Why do we use the both terms? confusing....

Sadaqa is Zekat.
Vitr is sadaqqatul fitr.

And, you can give it to family but only if they're in need?

You're near, ma sha Allah.

Sadaqa is a general term, that is everything you give, obligatory or optional. Whenever you give something to a poor brother or sister, now, in Ramadan, or when Ramadan is over, that is sadaqa or charity.

Vitr = sadaqatul-fitr = zakatul-fitr is what we give to needy Muslims before Ramadan ends. All these three names describe one and the same thing.

Zakat is not the same as zakatul-fitr. Zakat are 2.5% you give at the end of a year.

I hope I could explain ti a bit better now.

Sampharo
09-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Salam.

Thanks in advance.
What exactly do you mean that you can't fast for "personal reasons" and therefore want to pay zakat in its place? Who told you to start with that zakat or zakatul fitr is to replace missed fasting days?

Brother, to miss fasting is only by legitimate reasons like sickness, travel, harsh necessary work, or for the woman if she has the monthly visitor or is in pregnancy and otherwise.

If you miss fasting in Ramadan for those reasons, you replace them when you can later on. If the sickness or disease is incessent or you're old and frail and cannot fast, you feed a poor person for every day you missed, but only if you cannot replace by health reasons.

Zakat is an annual payment on your capital that you have to calculate and pay out regardless of fasting. Zakatul fitr is a set amount on every person to pay to cleanse of any errors or insults you might have done during Ramadan without your knowledge.

A missed day that you eat in intentionally without a valid mentioned reason is huge and scars your faith, so be very careful what you decide to break your fasting over.

May God provide all with guidance.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.