/* */

PDA

View Full Version : husband and wife prayin toegther

mohammed_alim
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
assalamualikum.. i was wondering if sum 1 could kindly give me a little advice. iv been married for almost 1 yr now, when i dont go masjid to pray i pray at home with my wife bt we pray seperatly. i wanted to know if 2 people make a jummat and isit better for me to pray with my wife but me lead the prayer if so are there any rules that we need to follow and who does the iqama?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flashdash
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
yes u can pray with ur wife

u lead the prayer and u say the iqama

but she stands behind u

Innocent Soul
11-10-2009, 02:51 PM
YES,it is permissable.^o)

mohammed_alim
11-10-2009, 10:47 PM
thank you for ur replies people. i asked bcos sumtimes i do pray in the house on my own n my wife prays on her own also.. so just wondered if its better for me to lead the prayer n pray toegther instead of separate. anyway thank you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Binyamine
11-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Peace Mercy And Blessing of Allah be upon you all.

But yet its preferable for a man to pray in congregation in a masjid, while it is preferable for a woman to pray at home.

Also the answer to the Op's question is YES, just like brother Flashdash said.

ardianto
11-14-2009, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed_alim
thank you for ur replies people. i asked bcos sumtimes i do pray in the house on my own n my wife prays on her own also.. so just wondered if its better for me to lead the prayer n pray toegther instead of separate. anyway thank you
It is better if you lead the prayer in jama'ah than pray separately.
Pray in jama'ah is sunnah, you will get bigger reward, insha Allah.

mohammed_alim
11-14-2009, 08:45 PM
ok thank you for ur help people.

OurIslamic
11-15-2009, 06:35 AM
From what others have said, I'm sure that you know that it is permissible, but that you must be the one leading the prayer.

mohammed_alim
11-16-2009, 11:12 PM
yeh i understand.

Salahudeen
11-16-2009, 11:15 PM
yeah you can lead her in prayer :) my auntie hears her next door neighbour give the iqamah and lead his whole family in prayer every morning.

ardianto
11-17-2009, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
yeah you can lead her in prayer :) my auntie hears her next door neighbour give the iqamah and lead his whole family in prayer every morning.
That's the Muslim family. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.