/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whenever you read a question on a forum, and want to answer it, first read this...

Abdu-l-Majeed
09-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Before we answer an Islamic question on a forum, we should remember the following:

• Did you ever see someone talking about things for which they are not qualified? I personally did. I saw and heard numberless people saying: "This software is a big zero!" and he himself doesn't know to use anything more beside MSN and Internet Explorer. Or these people: "Come on, what's that doc talking about!? Believe don't drink this medicament 3 times a day, it's more then enough to drink it once a day." Don't we all hate when someone who has no knowledge about a matter suddenly holds a lecture exactly about that? Well, doesn't it look even more strange when you see someone like this giving fatwas? What would we say if a scholar would be sitting next to us?

• Islam is a religion from Allah. So, by answering an Islamic question, we in fact say: "This is what Allah wanted to say." If I remember right, the title of imam Ibn al-Qayyim's work "I'laamul-muwaqqi'een 'an Rabbil-'alameen" is translated as: "Those who sign in the name of the Lord of all worlds." Let us bear this in mind - each time you give an Islamic advice you're saying something in the name of Allah, swt. Without being properly educated in understaning this religion, are we ready to take this responsibility?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.