/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hypnosis!!!

THE END
09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Peace to those who follow the guidance

I am contemplating hypnotherapy for some addiction problems that i have,
i was wondering has any one experienced hypnosis or know some one that has, if so please share.

also i have heard somewhere that most episodes of hypno-therapy invoke the aid of jinns, if this is correct i am assuming it renders such therayphy haram.

please forward any knowldge/experience you may have on this subject.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-01-2009, 11:21 PM
:sl:

Hypnotherapy can be a part of very specialized branches of psychiatry, that involve psychoanalysis.. you may read more here if you want:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11294118

you might ask your family practitioner if s/he is able to refer you to an M.D who specializes in it..

waslaam 3lykoum wr wb

Salahudeen
09-01-2009, 11:28 PM
hmm I don't see how it involves the help of jinns, as I understand it, it works by reaching the subconcious mind.

They do this by putting you into a deep state of relaxtion and then putting positive affirmations into the subconcious mind.

You see, you can't control what content the subconcious mind takes in and stores but if your hypnotised the hypnosis can put positive ideas in there like " I'm happy being me" LOL " I give up things that are bad for my health"

then you'll just notice a change in your thoughts,

abu_musab461
09-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Some scholars have mentioned that hypnosis is using jinns, but i have not come across any experience of this.

I'm not going to deny that there might be some magician out there somewhere that uses jinns in hypnosis but as far as i know its not the case.

The person who hypnotises you must be a trust worthy muslim and in the case of females thier mahrem must be present.

I have seen a raqi hypnotise his patient and there was no jinn involved.

None the less this is what some schoalrs have said-

Ruling on hypnotherapy

As muslims, are we allowed to use hypnotherapy? It claims to help
People in many ways e.g. Eliminating peoples fears,phobias as well as instilling
Confidence in people about general life?

Praise be to Allaah.

Our contemporary scholars have ruled that the issue of hypnotherapy has something to do with using the help of the jinn, and based on that we must note the following two points:

1 – It is not permissible to seek the help of the jinn or any other creatures in trying to find out matters of the unseen, whether that is by calling upon them, trying to please them or any other method. Rather that is shirk because this is a kind of worship, and Allaah has taught His slaves to worship Him alone and say, “You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything)” [al-Faatihah 1:5 – interpretation of the meaning]. And it was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Ibn ‘Abbaas: “If you ask, then ask of Allaah, and if you seek help, then seek help from Allaah.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2516).

2 – Hypnotism is a kind of fortune-telling or magic whereby the hypnotist uses the jinn to overpower the subject and then speak through his tongue and give him strength to do things by means of controlling his faculties. This is if the jinni is sincere towards the hypnotist and obeys him in return for the things by means of which the hypnotist draws close to him. So the jinni makes the subject obey the wishes of the hypnotist to do things or tell him things, through the help of the jinni. Thus using hypnotism as a means of finding out where stolen goods are hidden, or where a lost item is, or as a means of treating disease or of doing anything else is not permissible. Rather it is shirk, for the reasons stated above, and because it implies turning to someone other than Allaah and goes beyond the ordinary means which Allaah has created for His creatures and permitted them to use.

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Iftaa’, 1/74. Silsilat al-Fataawa al-Shar’iyyah

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/12631/

I disagree with this since its based more on guess work and speculation rather than evidence.

Allah Knows Best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
09-01-2009, 11:52 PM
what about sublimnal hynosis :p it's possible to be hypnotised sublimnally without even realising it, have you ever been watching T.V and out of no where felt like a juicy burger? :p

there might have been a quick flash of a mcdonalds logo or burger that your concious mind never noticed but your unconcious did.

Mcdonalds always use sublimnal adverts, there's loads of examples on youtube where some 1 slowed the frame rate right down and you see a mcdonalds logo appear in between adverts, but when you watch it in normal time you don't notice it.

Then you get the image of mcdonalds in your head.

The same can be done with audio too, sublimnal messages can be masked under the audio and without realising you get hypnotised. All it's doing is putting the idea in your head without you realising it, over and over again untill it becomes your way of thinking.

but if your not exposed to it every so often the effects of it wear off i think and your mind reverts back to it's old self.

that's why self help hypnosis tapes that boost self esteem say you have to listen every so and so days in order to reinforce the positive idea's that the hypnosis puts in your head and stop your mind from going back to it's old negative beliefs/idea's.

abu_musab461
09-01-2009, 11:57 PM
same thing with Eastenders and other rubbish on the TV you become immune to seeing haram so when you see it in real life it doesn't ring alarm bells or cause one to forbid the evil (such as back biting)

Cabdullahi
09-02-2009, 08:55 AM
common entertainment utilises hypnosis perfectly....if they cant make you sin easily they'll stick it in your brain repeatedly until what you thought before was morally wrong , doing it now without feeling bad will become the norm

entertainers such as musicians, actors and so on are the army of satan and the battlefield is our brains

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.