/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Devils locked up? Then how...?

- IqRa -
09-02-2009, 10:53 AM
How can sins happen in Ramadaan when the devils are chained up?

I heard the imam mention that the shaytan is not present in the month of Ramadhan. If this is true why is it hard for a muslim to stay away from sins during the month of ramadan even if the muslim is performing his or her regular duties.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The idea that the devils are not present in Ramadaan is not correct. What is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is that the devils are chained up during Ramadaan.

Al-Bukhaari (1899) and Muslim (1079) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Ramadaan comes, the gates of Paradise are opened, the gates of Hell are closed, and the devils are chained up.”
See question no. 39736.

Al-Qurtubi said:

If it is said, How come we see many evil actions and sins happening in Ramadaan? If the devils are chained up that would not happen.

The answer is that evil actions are reduced on the part of those who fast meeting all the conditions of fasting and taking care to observe the proper etiquette; or that only some of the devils are chained up, namely the maarids (strong ones), and not all of them, as it says in some reports; or that evils are reduced in this month, which is something noticeable – fewer evils happen in this month than in others. If all of them were to be chained up that does not mean that evil and sin would not happen, because there are other causes of evil apart from the devils, such as evil souls, bad habits and human devils.

From Fath al-Baari.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked in Fataawa al-Siyaam (p. 466):
How can we reconcile between the idea that the devils are chained up in Ramadaan and the fact the people commit sin?

He replied:
The fact that sin happens in Ramadaan does not contradict the report that the devils are chained up in Ramadaan, because the fact that they are chained up does not prevent them from moving. Hence it says in the hadeeth: “And the strong devils are chained up, and they cannot achieve what they usually achieve (at other times).” Narrated by Ahmad, 7857; this hadeeth was mentioned by al-Albaani in Da’eef al-Targheeb, 586; he said: it is da’eef jiddan (very weak).

It does not mean that the devils do not move at all, rather they can move and lead people astray, but their activities during Ramadaan are not like their activities at other times.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
09-02-2009, 12:48 PM
It does not mean that the devils do not move at all, rather they can move and lead people astray, but their activities during Ramadaan are not like their activities at other times.
And since childhood, I had actually been thinking they were physically chained up... :-[

Ummu Sufyaan
09-02-2009, 12:51 PM
:sl:
me too :nervous:
:p

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-02-2009, 01:05 PM
me three :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
09-02-2009, 01:27 PM
JazakAllahu Khayran for sharing this.

(me four)

GuestFellow
09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks for sharing this.

Laila01x
09-02-2009, 01:43 PM
check this video out (if it works)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sa8eF-uZnw

- IqRa -
09-14-2009, 01:29 PM
:bump:....

blm2007
09-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks for this great information.That's the reason why we still see some sins happening in the month of Ramadan cos all devils aren't chained up,so whenever these get chances,they distract us and we fall in the trap and do something bad.

Muslimah4Eva x
09-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Salamlaikum Wa Rahutullahi Wa Barakatu sister,

In this Ramadhan its to show what kind of person you really are, your excuse can't be "It was the shaytan, he made me do this and that or "he whispered in my ear".

No, its a time where you can have ibaad (worship) and increase your eman & you knowledge of Islam. Read Quran, pray and more........

ChOcCi
09-16-2009, 03:04 AM
I was about to get mugged (or maybe even kidnapped) by two guys on the street a few days ago during Ramadan... man, the devil sure did affect them..

جوري
09-16-2009, 03:34 AM
Why do we think that all sin comes from the devil? are we not responsible for many of our bad habits which even if painted pretty by the devil have gained so much momentum that we can't seem to press on the breaks even during the holy month of Ramadan..

I have always felt that we are a good deal responsible for our own corruptions..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

ژاله
09-16-2009, 03:55 AM
the explanation my mother gives to us regarding the issue that why do we commit sins when devil is actually locked up, is simple. she says its because you have yourself become shayateen. :skeleton:
lol.
@ the OP, good article :thumbs_up

Humbler_359
09-16-2009, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
the explanation my mother gives to us regarding the issue that why do we commit sins when devil is actually locked up, is simple. she says its because you have yourself become shayateen. :skeleton:
lol.
@ the OP, good article :thumbs_up
:sl: Malaak,

Lol, I like this joke from your mother, probably it is true in our responsible........ I actually thinking myself, how can they be locked up? In my mind saying, Allah (SWT) commanded to grab all devils back to the prison and locked during Ramadan. :nervous:

This article is useful, we got it.

Eric H
09-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Greetings and peace be with you T.I.A;

Ok this is just some thoughts from a Christian, maybe totally wrong but…

I often feel scriptures are intended to inspire individuals to do something. It almost sounds like the individual becomes the keyholder; and keeps his own devils locked up. All the time he is fasting and praying as he should, he becomes much stronger in faith, and has the power to hold onto the keys.

All the rest of us who are not fasting and not praying, do not hold the keys to our own devils.

In the spirit of searching.

Eric

ChOcCi
09-17-2009, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you T.I.A;

Ok this is just some thoughts from a Christian, maybe totally wrong but…

I often feel scriptures are intended to inspire individuals to do something. It almost sounds like the individual becomes the keyholder; and keeps his own devils locked up. All the time he is fasting and praying as he should, he becomes much stronger in faith, and has the power to hold onto the keys.

All the rest of us who are not fasting and not praying, do not hold the keys to our own devils.

In the spirit of searching.

Eric
eric, just a random question (hope I dont take this thread WAY off topic by this).. since it seems that you've been here for quite a while.. what do you think of Islam? :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.