/* */

PDA

View Full Version : child in fear

javeriya
09-02-2009, 05:05 PM
ramadhan mubarak bros and sisters!!!

salaam. i have a son age 4 whom is scared of basically everything day in day out.
doesnt sleep alone, doesnt go to another room alone. etc....
i dont know what to do, is there any certain dua that i can read.
please i need help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
09-02-2009, 05:25 PM
get him to play with other kids, that should build his confidence

GuestFellow
09-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Asslamu Aliakum.

This is quite normal behaviour for a child at the age of four. Once your child attends primary school then his confidence will improve. It might take some time however do be cautious. Try not to force him to take part in activities. It is better to encourage him instead. Your child needs some exposure but small steps at a time.

If you feel the situation is getting worse, I would contact a psychologist.

Hope this helps.

EDIT:

I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking do you have any relatives that suffer from social anxiety.

S_87
09-02-2009, 06:28 PM
clingy..

has he told you why? is it because hes scared something might happen or did something happen once that hes got it in his head itll happen again?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Reticent
09-02-2009, 06:50 PM
:wa:

Alhamdulilah, Allah SWT has blessed you with a child and instilled a parents love into your heart for him/her.

At 4 years old, your child is still developing as an individual, in character and personality. Once he/she begins primary education and begins to make friends, inshallah you will see a visible difference in him/her. Exposure to such a environment will help build your childs confidence.

There is a very good Islamic parenting website that will assist you, inshallah. It also has duas which may be of assistance.

http://islam4parents.com/free-printa...supplications/

And remember, Allah SWT will hear your prayer - in whatever language, whatever form.

May Allah SWT grant your family a prosperous life on strong eeman and bless your child with confidence, honour, piety, strength, good character and may your child be a blessing for you. Ameen.

AlbanianMuslim
09-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Ishallah it will pass sis!!! Dont worry!!!
Is he the only child or the youngest?

My bros and i are all close in age except for the youngest who is 10 years younger than the last of us older kids.

He was the same way. TERRIFIED to go anywhere alone, he wouldnt even go to the bathroom alone!!!!
But it passed with a little bit of encouragement and lots of talks about how he is safe in his own house and that im always watching him when hes outside and teaching him lots of safety tips.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.