/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake hits West Java, Indonesia

ardianto
09-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Earthquake hits West Java, Indonesia on 2 sept 09.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8233344.stm

I was on my car, trapped in traffic jam when I felt my car was rocking and I saw everyone ran out from the buildings.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
_PakistaN_
09-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Sign of the day of judgement..

ardianto
09-03-2009, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
Sign of the day of judgement..
One sign of the day of judgement.

Earthquake is frequently happen in Indonesia, almost every week. But usually there is no victim.

Beardo
09-03-2009, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
One sign of the day of judgement.

Earthquake is frequently happen in Indonesia, almost every week. But usually there is no victim.
It's been happening in the US a bit too. Fires/earthquakes... I remember earlier this year Australia had major storms and on the other side had major fires. Not sure if it's still going on....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
09-04-2009, 03:53 AM
I was in my office on the 9th floor when it hit. It was big and long and scary.
Alhamdulillah everyone was safe and no damage is done except for a few cracked walls.

There have been more frequent earthquakes lately, even in indonesia where earthquake occur hundreds of times every year.

I think there is a hadith that tells one of the sign of the day of judgement is more frequent earthquakes.

ژاله
09-04-2009, 06:26 AM
that must be very scary to have to encounter an earthquake/week. :hmm:
i still cant forget that Oct 8 earthquake :exhausted, Alhamdulillah no damage occured in my city, but it was sooo scary!!!

ardianto
09-04-2009, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
that must be very scary to have to encounter an earthquake/week. :hmm:
i still cant forget that Oct 8 earthquake :exhausted, Alhamdulillah no damage occured in my city, but it was sooo scary!!!
Don't imagine this weekly earthquake is happen only in one area. As the biggest archipelago, Indonesia is large. And epicenter (centre of earthquake) of this weekly earthquake is in Indian ocean or sea areas, and usually in low richter scale. Sometime this earthquake effect can reached land areas but usually didn't causes a damage. However, we always worry to tsunami. Remember the great tsunami in Aceh ?, that was causes by earthquake in Indian ocean.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.