/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalam Alaikum

CosmicPathos
09-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Just joined this forum after reading extensive discussion between Faye and Skye (Gosamer I believer) regarding the "miracle" of Quran in describing the femininity of worker bees (those which process and produce honey from nectar). Also enjoyed the punch-ins from the mal3oon agnostic Whatsthepoint. I am not a linguist or possess a mastery over Arabic language, hence I would stay out of that debate. But Skye did bring a valid point that why would God use masculine pronouns for ants and feminine for bees. Faye said that it is an exception, but she forgot that the exception and whole of Arabic grammar is actually derived from the Quran itself. So if it is an exception, then why not it is valid for the bee's supposed femininity.

I, however, was surprised and delighted to see the English speaking skills of someone who studies at a madrassah in pakistan (usually they are associated with terrorism.) Anyways.

I hope I, with other Muslims, will be able to debunk the falseness of science as a god for atheists and agnostics. They might not consciously take science to be their god, but adhering to the scientific principle till death highlights the dedicate they have for a certain way of life. Hope to enjoy debating with these people, by using their own language, which Allah (swt), has taught me from their own prestigious institution of science. May Allah allow me to purify my intentions for Him.

W salam alaikum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
09-02-2009, 10:08 PM
pardon the typos, seems there is no 'edit' button.

ummAbdillah
09-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Asalamu alaykum warahmahmatullah wabarakatuhu. welcome to the forum brother and ramadhaan mubarak. I am a lil intrigued by your username...if you don't me asking, why have you chose to call yourself that?

- Qatada -
09-02-2009, 10:22 PM
:salamext:

Welcome to the forums akhi :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
09-02-2009, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Aisha
Asalamu alaykum warahmahmatullah wabarakatuhu. welcome to the forum brother and ramadhaan mubarak. I am a lil intrigued by your username...if you don't me asking, why have you chose to call yourself that?
People (both Muslims and non-Muslims) like to make fun of Muslims who follow that school of thought by giving them taht nick name which has negative connotations. In their defense, even though I disagree with some part of what they say, I took that name to show that I will continue to love the good in things even though people hate it and make fun of it.

Walaikum Assalam.

And Ramadan kareem to you too.

جوري
09-02-2009, 10:28 PM
:welcome: aboard akhi.

Ramadan mubarak!

:w:

al Amaanah
09-02-2009, 10:34 PM
:salamext:

welcome to IB. insha Allah u'll have an enjoyable and beneficial stay here.

:w:

Hayaa
09-02-2009, 10:38 PM
:sl:

Welcome and Ramadan mubarak!

ummAbdillah
09-02-2009, 10:39 PM
JazakaAllah khayr for your response,

Extract from The "*******" Myth book:

The word "******sm" is in fact nothing but a meaningless appellation which is used by people in two cases: The term "******sm" is often used to describe those who closely stick to the verses of the Qur'an and the narrations of the Prophet Muhammad (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace) in all religious affairs. Consequently, instead of directly attacking Islam for those things that do not appeal to their desires, they call anyone who follows these texts "******s."
http://www.the*******myth.com/

CosmicPathos
09-03-2009, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Aisha
JazakaAllah khayr for your response,

http://www.the*******myth.com/
jazakAllah khairun, I am aware that its a myth. But it exists among the Muslims. :(

Salahudeen
09-03-2009, 03:29 AM
^ how sad the people who uphold the sunnah are branded with a negative connotation like that. I've never met anyone who refers to themselves with that connotation, they only get labelled it by other Muslims.

CosmicPathos
09-03-2009, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
^ how sad the people who uphold the sunnah are branded with a negative connotation like that. I've never met anyone who refers to themselves with that connotation, they only get labelled it by other Muslims.
I remember a saying that a believer is a stranger in this world. being a stranger is a negative connotation but a believer takes pride in being a stranger in this filthy world. Allah (swt) is very clear in the Quran about the false and filthy nature of this world, it is a means to attain salvation only.

Salahudeen
09-03-2009, 04:34 AM
You might find the below article interesting, I didn't wanna past it all cos it's really long you can read it here.

http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/aqeedah/0019.htm

Also check out this 1 :)

http://www.islamicweb.com/beliefs/mi...ation_evil.htm

The Sunnah shall become corrupted:
We are taught in the revelation that the sunnah shall become corrupted and this corruption would become the norm, so much so that the people who follow the sunnah would become as strangers, and those that call to purifying the sunnah would be slandered and reviled. The Prophet () said, "Islaam began as something strange, and it shall return as something strange as it began. So Tooba (a tree in paradise) to the strangers." It was asked, "who are the strangers?" He replied, "those that purify and correct what the people have corrupted of my sunnah" (Tabaraanee in al-Kabeer [6/202])

And what is this corruption? It is none other than innovation, introducing into the pure religion of Allaah new ways of worshipping Him that He has not taught, blemishing His religion with our whims and desires, something that Allaah Himslef condemns,

"Or do they have partners that legislate some religion which Allaah has not given permission for?" (42:21)

The Companion, Abdullaah ibn Mas'ud laments, "how will it be when the trials overcome you, in which the young grow old and the old grow senile. And the people take the bid'ah as the sunnah, and when it changes they say: the sunnah has changed. It was said: when will this be O Abu Abdurrahmaan? He replied: when your speakers are many and your scholars are few, and the wealthy ones are plenty and the trustworthy ones are few." (ad-Daarimee)

How true this statement is today, that the innovations have become so widespread in the religion that the people have taken then to be the sunnah. And when the true scholar speaks out against these innovations he is labelled as a 'wahaaabi' by the people because to them it seems that he is changing the sunnah. To Allah we complain of the ignorance of our times!

Strzelecki
09-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Wa 3alaikum salaam Wa7abiScientist.
Welcome to the forums.
I hope you have a beneficial stay here.

May Allah (swt) protect you and guide us all. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.