/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Were they tall??

penartist
09-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Salaam

quick question- i read an artical upon graves of different phophets, it included pictures of the graves too....they were huge!! As in really long...

So i wondered were they really that tall or is it that the grave has been built that way??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
09-02-2009, 10:28 PM
:salamext:

Allaah created Adam (peace be upon him) sixty cubits tall, then mankind gradually grew shorter until they stopped and remained as they are now. The evidence for that in the Sunnah is the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Allaah created Adam sixty cubits tall, then mankind kept getting shorter until now.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3326; Muslim, 2841). Ibn Abi Haatim narrated with a hasan isnaad from Ubayy ibn Ka’b that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah created Adam a tall man with a lot of hair on his head, as if he were a tall palm tree.”

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Fath al-Baari:

“ ‘Mankind kept getting shorter until now’ means that each generation grew shorter than the generation before, and that decrease in height ended with this ummah, and that is how they stayed.”

And Allaah knows best. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/22058/adams%20height

penartist
09-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Thank you- that explains the 15-20 ft long graves, that means animals like cats, dogs and mice were tiny for them!

_PakistaN_
09-03-2009, 05:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by penartist
Thank you- that explains the 15-20 ft long graves, that means animals like cats, dogs and mice were tiny for them!
interesting fact...maybe the animals were bigger too?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
09-03-2009, 06:04 AM
someone mentioned in another thread that I created that, the animals of that time could've been dinosaurs.

Muslimlearner
09-03-2009, 07:33 AM
People Aaad and Huud nations were so tall.I've read somewere,that they were able to pull out tree with their hands.

kwolney01
09-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Wow, that's really interesting! I never knew that. It would be nice to find some more information about this, and the dinosaurs too. Does anyone know if there are any hadith or something that may talk about dinosaurs or something close to dinosaurs. If always wondered about the dinosaurs and what Islam has to say about them.

Thanks for posting.

Ibn-Shakoor
09-03-2009, 07:42 AM
:sl:

It is absolutely haaram(forbidden) to view any Prophet of Islams photos intentionally.

But the hadeeth about the generations getting smaller in height is something I can see. Graduates that are 5 years older than me are about 6'3 average,while us former freshman are average 5'5:skeleton:.

:wa:

Muslimlearner
09-03-2009, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Shakoor
:sl:

It is absolutely haaram(forbidden) to view any Prophet of Islams photos intentionally.
Do you mean graves pics. ??

HopeFul
09-03-2009, 08:14 AM
I remember in the Quran, i thnk in surah Ambia ( the prophets) or somewhere Allah said about one of the nations on whom Allah sent His wrath that they were tall and strong, I took that to be extra ordinary tall so that even Allah mentioned it in the Quran. They used to carve the mountains to make their homes. They must have been SOME people!!! I doubt machnery like today existed then for them to do that, they must have used simple tools!!

SubhanAllah.

- Qatada -
09-03-2009, 09:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HopeFul
I remember in the Quran, i thnk in surah Ambia ( the prophets) or somewhere Allah said about one of the nations on whom Allah sent His wrath that they were tall and strong, I took that to be extra ordinary tall so that even Allah mentioned it in the Quran. They used to carve the mountains to make their homes. They must have been SOME people!!! I doubt machnery like today existed then for them to do that, they must have used simple tools!!

SubhanAllah.

:salamext:

Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Thamud - the Perished Nation who carved homes in the Mountains.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...ain-saleh1.gif

In the Qur'an, 'Ad and Thamud are always mentioned together. Moreover, the verses advise Thamud to take warning from the destruction of 'Ad.

To the Thamud people (We sent) Salih, one of their own brethren: He said: "O my people! worship Allah: ye have no other God but Him" "And remember how He made you inheritors after the 'Ad people and gave you habitations in the land: ye build for yourselves palaces and castles in (open) plains, and carve out homes in the mountains; so bring to remembrance the benefits (ye have received) from Allah, and refrain from evil and mischief on the earth.

Qur'an 7:73–74

image links;
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...45/Thamudi.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...kx/Thamudi.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...d2kx/010_L.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...d2kx/009-1.jpg

From the Sealed Nectar (Raheeq al Makhtoom) by Mubarakpuri:

On their way to Tabuk, the army of Islam (of the Messenger of Allah) passed by Al-Hijr — which was the native land of Thamud who cut out (huge) rocks in the valley; that is "Al-Qura Valley" of today. They watered from its well but later the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] told them not to drink of that water, nor perform the ablution with it. The dough they made, he asked them to feed their camels with. He forbade them to eat anything whatsoever of it. As an alternative he told them to water from that well which Prophet Salih’s she-camel used to water from.
On the authority of Ibn ‘Umar: "Upon passing by Al-Hijr the Prophet [pbuh] said:
"Do not enter the houses of those who erred themselves lest what had happened to them would afflict you, but if you had to do such a thing let it be associated with weeping."
Then he raised his head up and accelerated his strides till he passed the valley out." [Sahih Al-Bukhari 2/637]

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/SM_tsn/ch7s3.html#The%20Muslim%20Army%20is%20leaving%20fo r%20Tabuk

More pictures and information on the people Thamud:

http://www.zubeyr-kureemun.com/SaudiArabia/MadainSaleh.htm

http://www.iqrasense.com/islamic-history/madain-saleh-cities-inhabited-by-the-people-of-thamud.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thamud

Or simply do a search on Thamud.

http://salaf-stories.blogspot.com/20...ved-homes.html

Santoku
09-03-2009, 09:19 AM
And yet the average size of humans is increasing.
Check out the average size of the ancient egyptian pharoahs.
Thesae were the rulers of the land and had a far superior diet to their countrymen so the would all have been on the tall side and yet measuring their mummys we get the following heghts:-

Amenhotep I 5.8 feet
Thutmose I 5.1 feet
Thutmose II 5.5 feet
Thutmose III 5.2–5.6 feet
Amenhotep II 5.5 feet
Thutmose IV 5.4 feet
Tutankhamen 5.2–5.5 feet

All bar one on the short side and even the tallest would be smaller than your average Egyptian man today. ( 175 cms or 5.9 feet).

Muslimlearner
09-03-2009, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Santoku
Amenhotep I 5.8 feet
Thutmose I 5.1 feet
Thutmose II 5.5 feet
Thutmose III 5.2–5.6 feet
Amenhotep II 5.5 feet
Thutmose IV 5.4 feet
Tutankhamen 5.2–5.5 feet
And the age dosn't matter ?!
:D

Santoku
09-03-2009, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haqeeka'
And the age dosn't matter ?!
:D
Very well then, let us go with the height of the average egyptian adult male determined by the examination of skeletons. Which was 5 ft 3 inches tall (to the nearest inch).

So by the words above the average height of the adult male egyptian today should be less than 5ft 3 in, is it?

Yes, there are freaks about, but there are freaks in any age, but who says these skeletons are from homo sapiens sapiens, remember homo floriensis (sp?).

ardianto
09-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Asalamuallaikum.

At first, please forgive me if I make a mistake in my post, because I am not scholar but ordinary ummah. :)

Prophet Adam (peace be upon him) was tall as palm tree when he was in heaven. However, after he came down to the earth, Allah subhanawata'ala made him shorter because his height was too tall for living in earth.
We can imagine if in this modern day 5 billions people who tall as palm tree live together on earth. There's no enough food for eat, there's no enough space for living.

Goliath (Djaloot). Some manuscripts described he was more than 3 metres or 290 centimetres or 246 centimetres. But few manuscripts described Goliath's height was 208 centimetres, same as modern basketball player.

Maximinus Thrax, caesar of Rome. Many building from ancient Rome are still stand. And we can see, people's height in ancient Rome periode are normal. I don't know about skeleton that descibed as Maximinus Thrax's skeleton. Maybe that is not his skeleton.

There are some huge graves in Syria. But I think that is not because persons who burried in those grave were huge, but because those are great persons (VIP) grave. And those huge grave are for show their greatness.

There are many thousands years old mummy. And their size are same as modern human.

penartist
09-03-2009, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Asalamuallaikum.

There are some huge graves in Syria. But I think that is not because persons who burried in those grave were huge, but because those are great persons (VIP) grave. And those huge grave are for show their greatness.

There are many thousands years old mummy. And their size are same as modern human.
This is what i wanted to know- i think one of the graves was in Syria and its seriously long compared to others....so does that mean its the body within it that's that height or is just built that way?

Loads of interesting info has been posted on here especially with the photographs of the houses carved in mountains...in this day and age we see how that can be done but imagine what difficulties they had to go through then assuming they were average height or was it that they were as tall as that?

I've also read about discoveries of tall skeletons- imagine living in a world where everyone is that height! Subhanallah

cat eyes
09-03-2009, 05:13 PM
yeah they were really that tall. prophet Adam pbuh lived on the mountains and had his all 40 children there.. it was only when his son cabeil murdered his brother that he went to live on the flat surface of the earth with his sister and thats how corruption started. its a big long story that if i was to write it all.. it would be to long for you.. but extremely interesting indeed

adil hasnain
09-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Please cateyes can you tell me the story or show me the liink to it jazakallah

cat eyes
09-03-2009, 09:08 PM
i am trying to find the link for you brother inshallaah should have saved it:(. each video is an hour long so there is like 13 vids i think

penartist
09-03-2009, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i am trying to find the link for you brother inshallaah should have saved it:(. each video is an hour long so there is like 13 vids i think
i'd like the link too please- sounds like a very interesting story

Vlad
06-08-2015, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Santoku
And yet the average size of humans is increasing.
Not, it is not. Just because humans are two or three inches taller now than they were 200 years ago, it doesn't mean that process will continue and we'll be two or three feet taller in 2,000 years. Or even as tall in one million years as we are now.
www-sciencedaily-com-releases-2011-08-110822154752-htm

And tell you what, it would reverse itself pretty quickly if whole foods replace unsustainable industraliazed farming.

Abz2000
06-10-2015, 06:02 AM
Assalamu'alaikum,
Could've been because they were super tall with no pesticide ingestion and they had uncultivated brand new soil full of goodies.
And could possibly have been due to the fact that people knew where the graves were but couldn't agree on the exact pinpoint locations.
They were paved much later.

I usually have a similar dilemma when showing family members graves, i know the places and who's next to who but am unable to pinpoint exact measurements and can imagine why a group of people might agree upon a longer grave if deciding to pave in future.

Vlad
06-10-2015, 04:57 PM
These are all propositions, but the question is, where is the evidence? Richard J. Dewhurst thinks museums and instituions are supressing it. According to Jim Vieria they are suppressing it because it doesn't fit the so-called paradigm. Anyway, a good interview with the compilation of newspapers clipping:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjXDH3rjwfI

Vlad
06-10-2015, 04:59 PM
And the paradigm is that humans were shorter in the past.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.