/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feel sick

penartist
09-02-2009, 10:35 PM
ive been watching the news more and more for the past few years. Each time i switch the tv on and watch the southern asia news it makes me sick to see old men with long white beards being pushed around by the point of a rifle, tied up and kicked about on the street before being taken away to God knows where.

I maybe a fool for feeling sorry for these guys- who knows they might be the real culprits but then i always ask myself what if the poor man just went to mosque or work that day and was minding his own business...what will his family do without him, what will they do to him?

I see these blind folded men and i dont see strangers, i see my own white bearded father infront of my, my own brother, my own flesh and blood.

I met Moazzam Begg last year and he really made me feel proud to be a muslim. Tonight while we sleep in our warm beds i wonder how many other Moazzams will be locked up somewhere in cold cell for something they havent done?

The muslims are supposed to be a strong nation, ready to fight and maintain their deen, so why arent they doing anything for the followers of that deen...why are they instead turning on thier own and handing them over to others for peanuts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
penartist
09-03-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm assuming no one has an opinion of thier own on this? OR if they do they're keeping it close to their hearts??

Come on 22 people read this and not one had anything to say? Tell me what u think...there is no right or wrong without evidence so type away!

IslamicRevival
09-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Salaam sister. It goes to show you have a heart :)

I was devastated when our brothers and sisters in Palestine were slaughtered for fun by the Zionist animals just a few months ago. It was a natural reaction to feel sick and disgusted

Its a good thing to feel sorry for the unfortunate people around the world. Anyone who doesn't feel anything when tragedy occurs has a cold heart

May Allah SWT ease the suffering of our Muslim brothers and sisters all over the world

penartist
09-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Ameen

I just feel that though there will be thousands out there doing something to help those in need they are rarely bought in the spot light so we're non the wiser on what's going on.

Life is supposed to be valued equally whether it be of a young, old, black, blue or a green person..so why is that that when tragedy strikes one set of people its all over the media and when the same applies to a totally different set (mostly muslim) we get one or two short bulletins on the news and then it's swept under the carpet.

For those who claim that they are ambassadors of 'freedom of speech' and 'equal rights' where are those rules, regulations and rights when thousands are disappearing fom before our eyes daily?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamicRevival
09-03-2009, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by penartist
Ameen

I just feel that though there will be thousands out there doing something to help those in need they are rarely bought in the spot light so we're non the wiser on what's going on.

Life is supposed to be valued equally whether it be of a young, old, black, blue or a green person..so why is that that when tragedy strikes one set of people its all over the media and when the same applies to a totally different set (mostly muslim) we get one or two short bulletins on the news and then it's swept under the carpet.

For those who claim that they are ambassadors of 'freedom of speech' and 'equal rights' where are those rules, regulations and rights when thousands are disappearing fom before our eyes daily?
Salaam.

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad PBUH said:

"When you see an evil act you have to stop it with your hand. If you can't, then at least speak out against it with your tongue. If you can't, then at least you have to hate it with all your heart. And this is the weakest of faith." - (Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 79)

cat eyes
09-04-2009, 01:09 AM
obviously i cry about it because i watch news in the night time sometimes but just dönt talk about it as i am a very private person. Many people have spoken out against it and then you will find otherz who are quite. It dose not mean they dont care. They just suffer in silence and try 2give as much charity as they can. Some people you will find that will talk 2much about jihad and the fight against oppression and all of these things but yet talking dose very little. If i was the one oppressed, i would like some action to taken.

penartist
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
Some people you will find that will talk 2much about jihad and the fight against oppression and all of these things but yet talking dose very little. If i was the one oppressed, i would like some action to taken.
i very much agree with you- but there are thousands of good people out there helping and doing thier best but their never seen in the lime light, thier efforts are never awarded but alas Allah will reward them one day inshallah.

cat eyes
09-04-2009, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by penartist
i very much agree with you- but there are thousands of good people out there helping and doing thier best but their never seen in the lime light, thier efforts are never awarded but alas Allah will reward them one day inshallah.
inshallaah sister. a lot of things bother me though. i recently had a long conversation with a jewish over everything which was happening in the middle east. he went on to say a lot of things which really bothered me however the conversation was kept decent. well some things he said kinda made sense to me and made me doubt my muslim brothers and sister's. i honestly don't know what to think anymore. the muslim goverments for example they cannot be trusted and the media tells so much lies. when we look at Gaza loads of things don't add up. so many children were murdered but were they really murdered by jewish? or was muslims kidnapping those children and putting them in the danger zone on perpis.

13th Yarba
09-04-2009, 11:30 PM
it seems that wherever i look i see horrors, horrors with no justification - children being murdered in chechna, Palestine and Afghanistan and amongst the blood and the tears there are leaders pointing fingers and apportioning blame, whipping up seperatist sentiment. No body emerges with any credit, be it the Israelies saying 'we have to defend our lives (by taking the lives of others)', or the english (i am english) saying 'we have to bring freedom (when you cant fight for peace or capture freedom)' or the Taliban trying to force everyone to worship their god through fear. So many people willing to die for their beliefs when they should be living to support each other.

the media have disgraced themselves in this matter and share a great deal of the burden for their biased reporting. they use shock tactics and stories that frighten us to grab our attention - we become transfixed by the media reporting as it is almost too terrible to look away - like a horror movie, and the more people that watch, the greater the viewing figures, the more money they make.

if you live in england the reporting focuses on 'the terror' being waged by fanatical muslims, if you live in iran the reporting focuses on 'the oppression' of the west and if you live in israel the reporting focusus on the hamas attacks - this reminds me greatly of the famous book 1984 by George orwell - in this book the world has been divided in to 3 superstates that are locked in a permanent state of war, naturally they all hate each other even though they never get the chance to meet each other, their respective media services demonmise the inhabitants of the other states and portray them as subhumans.

He works for 'the ministry of information' and it is his job to alter past news stories so they dont conflict with his governments current statements. by the end of the book he is so brainwashed he believes that 2+2=5 and this is the situation we find oursleves in now - in the post above Troubled Soul calls the jews 'animals', i am sure there are jews out there that feel the same way about him, they have never met each other, they barely know the first thing about each other, but that is how they feel justified in labelling each other subhumans because everything they have been told and seen on the tv points in that direction, and once you belive another person to be an animal you are capable of killing them like an animal and the endless cycle goes on and on creating new victims and new avengers. whats it been now, 1000 years? 2000 years? is this really what jesus christ and the prophet mohammed and all the other holy men through time had in mind for their followers? a thousand years of bloodshed and misery.

One day the leaders of christianity and judaism and islam will stand up together and issue a decree that we all have a right to live in peace. They will stand shoulder to shoulder and state that no god could ever possibly condone the murder of another human being, that anyone who does such a thing will surely burn in hell. this is yet to happen and i wonder why, i wonder how it can be that the people who run our governments and armed forces, the holy men we rely on for advice can sit back and watch this happen when it is within their power to build the bridges between us.

i am sorry if i have gone on a bit but i read the post and i fear for the future to. i fear that if we cant all get along by ourselves then one day jew, christian and muslim will be forced to live side by side - in a communist concentration camp. and as we sit there awaiting execution will we really be able to blame them?, will we really be able to say we dont desevre it after thousands of years of petty wars and millions of innocent deaths.

penartist
09-12-2009, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 13th Yarba

i am sorry if i have gone on a bit but i read the post and i fear for the future to. i fear that if we cant all get along by ourselves then one day jew, christian and muslim will be forced to live side by side - in a communist concentration camp. and as we sit there awaiting execution will we really be able to blame them?, will we really be able to say we dont desevre it after thousands of years of petty wars and millions of innocent deaths.
Average Jo is always the one to take the beating for someone elses decisions and commitments- its relatively easy living in a sound proof environment not knowing what is happening beyond the silence- if only people thought more and believed that one mans pain to be as thier own then maybe just maybe things may get better.

May Allah have mercy upon us all...hard times are here already but I think judging from what I see even harder times will follow.imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.