/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does Allah (SWT) really love us..?

AnonymousPoster
09-02-2009, 11:01 PM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters..

I'm in a state of hardship and depression at the moment.. I would say but it's too long to say so i'll make it quick..imsad

I've been depressed for a quite a while now, things just make me sad and upset.. although I make sincere dua everyday and pray namaz everyday.. my dua MAYBE answered but not in the way I would want it to be.. and it puts me in a difficult position of depression e.g. upset, tired and annoyed.. I still pray to Allah to seek guidance and refuge.. however every time I pray/dua it's hard to concentrate as I am focused on that thing i'm worrying about..imsad

My eman is slowly going away.. I feel ashamed to even pray to our Lord because of this.. and yeah Allah tests people in hardship - to make them become a better person.. but this is making me even worse..imsad

Is there any suggestions..? Jazakimsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Adam101
09-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Is there anyone willing to help....?

Adam101
09-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Hmm you should probably see someone about this?

Remember Allah tests you on your faith, no matter the hardship the reward will blow you away.. keep strong bro.

AabiruSabeel
09-03-2009, 01:37 AM
:sl:

Please go through these threads bro, inshaAllah it will help you.
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-answered.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...adaab-dua.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-answered.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...h-love-us.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sari
09-03-2009, 02:52 AM
It seems you are doing the right things to help yourself using your faith in Allah, but Allah does not want us to act helpless. Are you doing anything practical to help yourself i.e. if someone had a drinking problem, they can make dua and wait for Allah to make them stop, or they can go join an AA group and get support from family etc on top of making dua.

Do you know what is making you unhappy? You don't have to tell us, but if you do know then atleast you can try to find solutions to it rather than despair, which is what it can feel like if you don't know what the reason is.

In general i would advise you to sorround yourself with family, friends and loved ones, as this always helps anyone feel they are in a good, loving, safe environment no matter what their problems are.

Beardo
09-03-2009, 03:04 AM
How does human failings affect Allah’s love for us?
By: Hafiz Raakin Hossain & Rashad Abdullah

The number one point to understand when it comes to human failings is that Allah is the most powerful. We are in need of Him, but Allah is not in need of us. Our mistakes, major or minor, do not affect Him in any form. Humans are bound to make mistake. Allah Taa’la says that if it wasn’t for the human creation to make mistakes, then He would have made a nation who would make mistakes so that the creation would in turn glorify and repent sincerely back to Him.

Before starting or performing an action, we are told to start in the name of Allah. The Arabic phrase is Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem. The literal meaning taken of this verse is, “In the name of Allah, THE MOST MERCIFUL, most compassionate.” However, the particle "Bi" (meaning in or with) in the word "Bism" represents a call for help. So the verse means:

‘With the help of the name of Allah..’

Allah Taa’la is the most forgiving. What more is that, Allah Taa’la wants better for us than what we want for ourselves. Allah Taa’la will, Inshallah, make ways to overlook our mistakes. Our duas never go unanswered. A Shaykh was once approached by a man who asked “I ask Allah every day, yet I do not see any changes in my life accordingly.” This Shaykh so wisely answered “Allah knows all things. Your dua’s might not be accepted now, but it will in the future. And if it is not in the future, you will at least get the reward for asking from Allah Taa’la.”

“One who repents from sin is like one who has no sin.” (Tirmidhi) This beautiful Hadith states two different states: One who sins but repents and another who has not sinned at all. Scholars differ from which is better. However, the more widely known view is that it is the one who has not sinned, as he is more closer to the Angels and Ambiya, as they do not sin either. Ambiya do not make mistakes, but the least they do is choose the lesser good, which is not a sin. Allah Taa’la knows best.

My teacher gave a beautiful example regarding this. He said there are two types of mistakes/sins. One is when you get the wrong answer on a test, that is a mistake, but cheating on a test is a sin. That is the difference between mistake and sin. Mistakes can easily be forgiven (still better to say Astaghfirullaah), but sins require three steps:
1. To ask Allah for forgiveness
2. To regret
3. To make firm intention never to commit the same wrong action again.

CosmicPathos
09-03-2009, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

I'm in a state of hardship and depression at the moment.. I would say but it's too long to say so i'll make it quick..imsad

I've been depressed for a quite a while now, things just make me sad and upset.. although I make sincere dua everyday and pray namaz everyday.. my dua MAYBE answered but not in the way I would want it to be.. and it puts me in a difficult position of depression e.g. upset, tired and annoyed.. I still pray to Allah to seek guidance and refuge.. however every time I pray/dua it's hard to concentrate as I am focused on that thing i'm worrying about..imsad

My eman is slowly going away.. I feel ashamed to even pray to our Lord because of this.. and yeah Allah tests people in hardship - to make them become a better person.. but this is making me even worse..imsad

Is your faith fading away just cuz your dua for a worldly thing has not been accepted by Allah? I do not want to be rude but it shows improper understanding of deen and dunya on your part. Prophet pbuh said that the situation of a believer is always good, if he gets what he wants then it is good for him and if he does not get what he wants and stays patient, then it is also good for him. Sorry if my comment was hurtful but that is how you should view life rather than losing faith just cuz Allah did not respond to you the way you liked.

Eric H
09-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Blessings and peace be with you AnonymousGender; I am so sorry to hear of your struggles in life.

We pray for things we want on this Earth, but they may not be the things that help us attain eternal salvation. Here is a wonderful prayer copied from this forum, sadly I forgot to take any references of were it comes from.
We pray in our way; and Allah answers in his way

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.
Pray for Others to Heal Yourself.

The Prophet was always concerned about other people, Muslims and non-Muslims, and would regularly pray for them. Praying for others connects you with them and helps you understand their suffering. This in itself has a healing component to it. The Prophet has said that praying for someone who is not present increases love.
Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire, If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary
Because it means you've made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a ! negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.

Mother Teresa
Anyway
People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centred;
Forgive them anyway

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It never was between you and them anyway.
In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding

Eric

Laila01x
09-03-2009, 10:26 AM

I feel ashamed to even pray to our Lord because of this.. and yeah Allah tests people in hardship - to make them become a better person.. but this is making me even worse..imsad

Never feel ashamed to pray to Allah, Allah will always listen to what you have to say. Everyone goes through bad points in their life and some people suffer depression, but the main thing is tryin to keep your focus in Islam and remain to have faith and never doubt.

I dont know if your a brother or a sister...but have you tried telling someone about the whole problem?

cat eyes
09-03-2009, 08:53 PM

gosh i cannat remember the name of the scholar but apparently this scholar he is really unique to muslims and they find his lectures awsum. there is something special in how this scholar talks. i will try and get the name inshallaah so you can download his audio's on your mp3.

he said that before you make your du'aa, start praising and glorifying Allah. say oh my lord you are so kind and merciful, you give me health and food and roof over my head..he went on to say most muslims never think to do this. they are always asking Allah for things but don't give him praise, i want this and i want that and Ameen and finished and expect it to be answered. he said Allah loves when you praise him first and then inshallaah you will find peace in your heart.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.