/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why can I not stop thinking about a celeb?

Muslima.F
09-03-2009, 01:54 PM
It is really weird what is happening to me and I did not expect it ever. However, recently I have been thinking about this particular celebrity for quite some while as he passed away recently.
My mind was overtaken by it and all I used to do was think of him. I felt horrible like I was not in control of my mind.
I wanted to come into Islam whole heartedly and I wanted to learn about the Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) but all that used to come in mind was that celebrity.

I hated it, I was away from reality and I know it sounds pathetic but it was really affecting me and it still kind of is.

I know this is probably the most pathetic thing you have heard but once I can stop thinking of him the better.

I would really appreciate any tips and advice and what Islam has to say about this to get this disease out of my mind.

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
09-03-2009, 02:35 PM
:salamext:

You might like to check out this thread Insha'Allah: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...oset-beat.html

markislam
09-03-2009, 02:46 PM
I hope it is not Micheal Jackson :)

I was sad too stop listening to his songs for a while.

Muslima.F
09-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Yes lol it is.
I dont listen to his music but him just him has i dont know made me think about him. However, I been doing my background research and the reason probably me and everybody else that has become his 'fan' is because we need a role model.
In out hearts and in our hardrive we need a role model or else we will feel a void a gap missing. That gap is the Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). I feel so ashamed looking at his background and his life story instead of the greatest man that ever walked this Earth- the Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w).
Inshallah Allah keep me and others on the straight path and the love of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) be in my heart. Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
markislam
09-03-2009, 03:21 PM
you dont believe me i even bought the jackson 5 real autograph after paying a lot of money lol.

just give time and fast and you will get over it.

MJ did contribute a lot of good music, most of his songs have good meanings.

hajibala
09-03-2009, 03:27 PM
inshaAllah he will guide us.

cat eyes
09-03-2009, 04:01 PM
i am not a fan of mj but my sister is :giggling: what age are you? when we are really young we all go through this once in our lifes. i use to love johnny depp like because he was weird in all his movies haha but now as i am getting in to my twenties i am more concentrated on my deen rather then a celebrity. i find it takes you away from everything. :statisfie

Rabi Mansur
09-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Was it ever confirmed if Michael Jackson really converted to Islam or not? I have a hard time believing that he did, it seems to me that if he were sincere Muslim, Allah would have helped him with his drug problem.

With time you will stop thinking about him. It is just natural to think about celebs like him from time to time. You will get over it.

cat eyes
09-03-2009, 04:36 PM
nah i doubt he was in to those drugs.. the media just makes up a load of crap to sell there crap. that was not his personality at all i believe..he has kids he was not that foolish. well his brother is a muslim so mabe he did revert who knows. he did spend along time in saudi like he practically lived there

Sampharo
09-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Hmmm, well as for switching to Islam it seems so, because the official announcement had far too many details in it to be a hoax (they went as far as the very mosque he made the pronouncement in) and it was on all news channels at the time. I think they made it quiet though because his publicists thought it would be bad for the come back concerts. :omg:

As for what this whole "drugs" business and the homicide and all that, I just have a sneaking suspicion that the remaining company inheritors needed something to force the insurance company to pay up, as I read somewhere the coroner suspected suicide and the insurance company was on its toes to avoid paying millions upon millions in on a few policies starting with his life all the way to his sell out concerts. ;D

vlamrko
09-03-2009, 05:29 PM
it is not so surprising. even if you did not listen to or like his music, he was so massively famous that everyone was bound to be affected somehow by his death. i never expected to be, but when he died i was. i don't think you should feel bad for this behavior. his name is something you probably can't even think of a time when you didn't know it, and now he is gone. your subconscious is going to respond even if you don't.

Sari
09-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I think it is okay to think about someone like that within reason, especially if it makes us realise what happened to his life and then how he died leaving all that he achieved behind, and that such a big star was in the end nothing and left with nothing, unless he did revert. And it also makes you think about how we must be carefull with the influences in our life, he seemed so fragile and used for other people's gains and ended up with alot of problems because of it.

Someone i can't bear to think about is Madonna, she is one of the celebrities who truly disgusts me, atleast MJ did have a good heart and good intentions for humanity and peace in alot of his lyrics.

hissa
09-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Sis, it's like you're describing me!
Of course I knew who Michael Jackson was before he died, but I never paid any attention to him. But after he passed away, I can't stop thinking about him, I have no idea why. I guess I'm just sadden by his life - he was a kind hearted person, and so many people took advantage of him. I keep blaming my self. If I just stop reading or watching things about him, then I won't keep thinking about him. But then I think that it's kind of hard to ignore it, since he's everywhere on the internet and on tv!
Well, like others have said though, insha'Allah, just give it time. Eventually everyone, including the media, will move on. Insha'Allah.

Ansariyah
09-04-2009, 02:09 AM
The reason its on ur mind is because its everywhere. Every car I come across is blasting 'beat it' or 'smooth criminal'...I think they're gonna keep playing his music as a tribute. It's all in my face!

to me it serves as a beautiful reminder, we will all return to our lord who created us & no matter how much people claim to love u, one day they'll stand over ur grave not being able to do anything for u xcept to leave u in the hands of the one who created u.

Jst makes u realise that u cud be next to depart this life, gives u lil push to contemplate over ur purpose, its humbling.

Afg
09-04-2009, 02:55 AM
Read this, its interesting,

"Michael Jackson (MJ) was known as the most loving person in the world. He gave up most of his assets for charity and all his life, he fought for equality of the African Americans, AIDS victims, Against Drug Abuse, Against Abortion, Against Child Labor and secretly channelled his properties for the hungry children of the world.

However, he wasn't peace at heart. He always think of himself as a child trapped inside a man's body. Being Peter Pan is all his dream, never to grow up, forever a child. That inspires him to build Neverland - a heaven for children. Children of all ages and races are welcomed to Neverland. MJ had so much love to give.

However, he made a mistake which he didn't know of the consequences. He saw the peaceful life his brother, Jermaine (Muhammad Abdul Aziz) had as a Muslim - true, Jermaine faced so much pressure that he moved to Bahrain.
In 1989, MJ made a press conference which shocked the world, "I have seen the Islam in the life of my brother, I have read the books about Islam. And I'd love to someday feel the calmness and peace of Islam...."

Since that, MJ's life was never the same again. He was accused of so many accusations against child molestation. MJ was not someone who can deal with much pressure as he is a 'delicate child'. All the extortion and black mail followed after that. Everything he did was being seen as wrong in the eyes of the Media. All these are to influence his fans to hate MJ. If he is hated, then he would not be influential anymore.

For several years, he stayed in England. Getting motivation from a long time friend, Cat Stevens, who had converted into Islam - named Yusuf Islam. From him, MJ learnt how Yusuf had survived being Muslim. He made friends with a song writer, Zain Bhikha too, who wrote a song titled, "GIVE THANKS TO ALLAH", which he wanted MJ to sing whenever he is ready.

Following his trial, MJ withdrew to Bahrain, where he was the special guest of sheik Abdullah bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the son of Bahrain's king. It was then that Michael began to give conversion more "serious thought." MJ stayed in Bahrain for approximately 3 years. He studied Islam, the prayers and learn to read the Koran (al-Quran).

Finally, he came back to Los Angeles and in November 2008 MJ had formally converted to Islam in a ceremony at a close friend's house in Los Angeles. He perform Haj with the King of Bahrain and son on December 2008.

He had a hidden agenda when he wanted to make a final comeback. He announced in a press conference on March 2009, "This will be my final concert. I'll see you all in July....".

He planned that during his concert, he would announce that this is the FINAL concert as he wouldn't be performing anymore. He will declare that he is a Muslim and will only sing with Yusuf Islam and Friends.

At the end of the concert, he will be singing the song, "GIVE THANKS TO ALLAH" with Yusuf Islam. That is the reason why he chose London as his final concert venue instead of the USA. It was because he thought he could escape the USA's extortion, and that he could perform with yusuf Islam who is in England.

At 12.30am, 25th June 2009, he hugged his production manager and said, "After reherasing for 2 months, I am finally ready for the concert..." Before leaving to sleep, he waved his dancers, "It was a good night everyone. I'll see you all tomorrow.... " The next thing... He was pronounced dead at 2.26am....

When 911 was called, there are so much questions asked. It is as if they didn't know who MJ is and where he lived. The questions asked are more towards to delay time. The hospital said the autopsy result can only be obtained after 2 months - very illogical as even the worst African technology could obtain the result in less than 2 weeks.

MJ's family members opt for second private autopsy as they started to feel something fishy is going on. The result came out in about 4 days - MJ was drugged with high dosage of anaesthetic - drug that brings about a reversible loss of consciousness, if used to much could stop the heart from beating.

Another result which was not aired in the media was, MJ's stomach is empty of this drug, but his blood were filled with it - same case as the death of Marilyn Monroe. The private doctors also found many needle marks, afraid to be forced injections given to MJ on his bed.

In CNN Live after a week, Barack Obama was interviewed. And he said, "I love MJ, I grew up listening to his songs. It is a great loss, but rest assured that there is no conspiracy in his death.."

Now, why must a President made such statement before the official autopsy result came out? How would he know that there is no conspiracy without the post-mortem result? Seems like someone is afraid of his shadows.

MJ was known to the world as a person who is against drug abuse. Why must he be addicted to drug, then? If he wanted to commit suicide, why rehearse for his concert? And why will he want to see his dancers the next day?

Enough about his death. I am sure people around the world is not stupid anymore. These supreme power can fool us during the Marilyn Monroe conspiracy, Martin Luther King and Princess Diana. But in this MJ's case, they left too many loopholes for those who think...!!

MJ left us with this unfinished studio-recorded song, GIVE THANKS TO ALLAH.

MJ's family was about to give him a Muslim burial with the help of The Brotherhood of Islam. But, the CIA showed up at Neverland's door - blackmailed them that if they do so publicly, Katherine (MJ's mother) would be pull off from MJ's 3 children's custody as well as MJ's estates. Instead, they'll hire Debbie Rowe for the purpose, and the court will be in their favour. So much for democracy and fairness...

Finally, they agreed to let MJ have a Muslim Burial in Neverland. But in condition, must show to the public a Christian Memorial Service, as to prove to the world that MJ was never a Muslim.

So, Staples Centre was just a normal show. That's why the coffin was closed and sealed.

MJ was buried days earlier. The Gold Coffin was empty. They were about to bury the Coffin according to Christianity ways in Hollywood - as in their deal with the USA Government.

These happened, because the USA is afraid of the rising numbers of Muslims in the world.

Sari
09-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Hmmm..that is interesting..but i don't know what to think of it. Every famous death ends in conspiracy theories.

HumbleServant
09-04-2009, 09:53 PM
MJ's death to me is as the meaningful as the next Muslim kid who dies of starvation or war is to the majority of the world.

Life goes on and its tough.

Sis, jus remember theres a lot of things in the dunya which distract us, and death should be a reminder for us, not a distraction insha Allah.

Also great great Muslim personalities have died before us who need to be remembered for their sacrifices they did for the Deen. For somebody whos' Islam we know not about - his dealings are with Allah. Defending him now or accusing him now are all pointless debates. It Makes no difference to him now. But what we know of the sahaabah and all the others who followed who are in Jannah for sure insha Allah for what they did throughout their lives - Allah raise us with them on the day of qiyaamah.

Read up on Muslim History - you'll soon forget meaningless things ia.

Ayesha_Hanif
09-05-2009, 09:35 AM
salaamalaykum sister

i dont think u need to worry much about this. i was also greatly afected by his death. i had lots of his CD's (still do :p) but i think whta u need to really think about that, death can come upon us any time and we just have to prepare ourselves when we are called. my fiance's sister and her husband had tickets to go to his london tour. she was devestaed. but i gave her the same advice am giving you.

we never know when we will die and have to answer the questions that allah (swa) has prepared for us. inshallah we all pass this test and do well in the hearafter. ameen

Salahudeen
09-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I know what you mean when you say you can't stop thinking about someones death, whenever I think of sahaaba :cry:

I listened to a lecture on Umar bin al-Khattab, what a man, I learned that he was assassinated whilst leading the jamaa'at in congregation, even after he'd been stabbed with a poisenous knife he just stopped for a few seconds and then carried on with the salah Subhanallah, while the person who stabbed him was trying to get through the prayer rows to make his escape. stabbing his way to the back. :cry:

and also the death of Uthmaan affected me alot too, how he was martyred in his house and he didn't let any of the sahabba protect him cos the night before he saw the prophet peace be upon him and Abu Bakr in a dream saying to him " tonight Uthman you will break your fast with us" :cry:

what about the death of rasoolallah, how on his deathbed his last words were "guard the salah, guard the salah" and how many, do you see neglecting it and not taking it seriously even though it was the prophets peace be upon him, final words. :cry:

MJ's death doesn't seem to affect me much though, not like umar and uthmaan and the prophet peace be upon him, and when you hear how the sahaaba died that's what affects me more, when I think of those great people and what they did for this ummah :cry:

Like Khabab Ibn Al-Aret the slave who was a black smith, he used to make iron and when his master found out he became Muslim she used to bring the burning hot charcoal and put it on his head and back and he did not even say "argh" or "aaah" in pain. because she had so much pride and arrogance that he didn't want her to feel good. Alhamdulilah Allah gave him victory over her the next day :)

like Nasiba Bint Kaab, this women when I hear about her I just think she is superhero lol "they say superman and batman and spiderman are heroes, no they are their heroes, you know my hero? Nasiba" this women is my hero :) this women fight all the fights with with the prophet peace be upon him, and in the battle of Uhud she saw the prophet peace be upon him fall down in a hole and all the archers just shooting shooting trying to kill the (prophet peace be upon him) who was in the hole, she had medicine in her hand at the time, she threw away the medicine and went to the top above the archers grabbed rocks and threw them on top of the archers and killed them by rock, then she grabbed the sword and tried to fight to protect the prophet peace be upon him, and the prophet peace be upon him was in the hole bleeding he looking at her and watching that women and thinkin who would do something like this, who's the 1 doing this, may Allah give you wrahma you and your family, the prophet peace be upon him making dua in that situation and he smiled.

they are my celebrity's/rolemodles who I look upto and admire and want to be like :cry: the likes of salahudeen al ayoubi, khalid ibn walid, Nasiba bint Kaab, it is their deaths that affect me. If only such men and women existed today :cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.