PDA

View Full Version : Contradicting Community

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-03-2009, 08:30 PM
:sl:

Contradicting Community

Nouman Ali Khan

Media Tags are no longer supported

One of the best talks ever, Masha'Allaah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
$tranger
09-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Bump!
Amazing! Masha'Allah

IbnAbdulHakim
09-04-2009, 01:12 AM
i have NEVER passed up an opportunity to give dawah in my life - and yet not a single person i have given dawah to has changed (as far as i know).

on the other hand - people who i NEVER gave dawah to forcefully approached me for advice and direction - changing right before me

theres no point ranting over whos messed up and whos not... Allaah guides whom he wills

as far as i know EVERY SINGLE MASJID I'VE BEEN TO REACHES OUT

but i live in london... so Allahu A'lam

btw i love brother nouman :D his Quran lectures are AMAZINGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-06-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm still digesting what he said, going to need to listen to it again.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
09-07-2009, 06:18 AM
:sl:
good vid...although some things went through my mind listening to it

that brother he made mention of who gives random dawah were he went up to a non-musim and starting sort of debating with him...i don't know, you have to be careful of how you go about giving dawah like that, becuase some people may feel it to be a little "much" especially since you've never seen that person before, so therefore it may be counter-productive.

sometimes i feel it is necessarily not to address the youths themselves, but rather the environments and people they are around, such as their families. for example maybe that brother or sister who drinks or has a bf/gf has been raised in an environment where this kind of behavior is normal or that the people of his/her family are ignorant of the rulings.

sometimes its also important to address the parents themselves who, although they acknowledge that such and such is forbidden will not prevent their kids from doing so. for example i know 16 yr old boy whose mum thinks its ok for him to be talking to girls (even though she knows it isn't permissible) all becuase she feels he needs to get out of his comfort zone as he tends to be one of those quite people who tends to close himself off, so by him risking his heart getting messed with and committing sins, he's supposedly getting out of his comfort zone. it is really heart breaking :(

a good way of implementing the above would be not to underestimate our youth meaning we should stop "babying" them by "attributing" that every mistake they do, to them still "being kids," although both Islamically and non-islamically they have reached an age where they are fully responsibility for their actions...how do we do this? easy, we teach them accountability! what Allah expects from us, how we please Him, what happens when we get rewarded and punished (eg jannah, jahannam, etc) that stuff needs to be taught to kids from an early age and asap as i feel it is a foundation for their iman later on...for eg, they get taught about accountability and later on they find out that drinking, etc is haram, khalas you don't need to tell them as they already know how to analyse the good from the bad. your dawah is done (although little reminders are still necessarily you non the less have "ingrained" responsibility in them)

and speaking of educating people, i feel we also need to educate our imams about what goes on to the youth outside the masjid. they grew up in the "innocent and well mannered" generation and therefore all these things that our youth are doing seem completely alien to them and i think that is why they dont acknowledge the rubbish that goes on. subhanllah elders can be so innocent...

also, i feel there is the problem of doing things because we see other people doing so, without the individuals themselves taking into account the reasons behind them. im taking about ibaadah. we seem to be doing things because everyone else does it, and are not really weighing up the "fiqh" (im not really sure that is the right word) behind it. that example he gave about that brother who goes to jumuah, im not judging or anything, but (just based on what i've seen) that person may go to Jumuah probably becuase he has seem someone do that in his family etc and therefore there isn't a proper foundation as to why he is going to the masjid every Friday so that person doesn't have the proper knowledge behind the actual ibaadah of going to jumuah itself, such as why it is important, what the purpose of it is, and all that stuff. so in other words, the fruits are there, and yet the roots haven't been well established, get me?

just some thoughts i had...

Danah
10-17-2009, 06:38 PM
MashaAllah! Amazing lecture........I recommend everyone to watch it

The lecturer tackled some sensitive issues that happened in today Islamic communities

JazakAllah khair brother for posting

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.