/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reply to married virgin

Muhaba
09-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Allah says in Surah Al-Baqarah, verses 236 - 237:

236. There is no sin on you, if you divorce women while yet you have not touched (had sexual relation with) them, nor appointed unto them their Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage). But bestow on them ( a suitable gift), the rich according to his means, and the poor according to his means, a gift of reasonable amount is a duty on the doers of good.

237. And if you divorce them before you have touched (had a sexual relation with) them, and you have appointed unto them the Mahr (bridal money given by the husbands to his wife at the time of marriage), then pay half of that (Mahr), unless they (the women) agree to forego it, or he (the husband), in whose hands is the marriage tie, agrees to forego and give her full appointed Mahr. And to forego and give (her the full Mahr) is nearer to At-Taqwa (piety, right-eousness, etc.). And do not forget liberality between yourselves. Truly, Allah is All-Seer of what you do.

Since you have not consummated the marriage, despite living together for 4 years, I believe this law would apply and there is no waiting period for you. You are fully divorced with just one divorce. If you like, and if you two fix your problems, you two can marry again later on but I don't think your husband can take you back without marrying you again.

I think that what your husband did was the right thing. He saw that in four years he couldn't fix his problem, therefore it would be the right thing to let you go so you can remarry and live a normal life. Be happy with this, remarry, and live your life, but do lots of duas for your ex-husband as he seems like an honorable man. May Allah help him fix his problems. Ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
09-03-2009, 10:43 PM
inshallaah but i believe its best she takes this to a scholar. i believe that this is to much of a big and personal issue for a young lady to deal with. i thought that it was alright to give the girl advice but now i feel totally wrong about it. none of us our scholars. i believe it's a sin in its self to broadcast it further. i am sorry

but thats how i feel. i believe she did a wrong thing to make a thread about it but thats just my strong opinion. i was over come with emotion over it all because of the fact it was so sensitive. the brothers and sisters gave great advice to comfort her. but still cannot help feeling this is not right. we can quote quranic verses all day but do we really know anything? behind that surah only a scholar can confirm. may Allah make her path easy on her. :cry:

Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.