/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have you thanked Allah?

madeenahsh
09-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Have You Thanked Allah?
by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Salmân al-Fârsî radhiyAllahu anhu said
:
“There was a man who was given many of the luxuries of this world, and then they were taken away from him. But he continued to praise and thank Allâh until everything had been taken from him, even his bed. And then he still praised and thanked Allâh. Another man, who had also been given many of the luxuries of this world asked him, ‘What are you praising and thanking Allâh for?’ The man said, ‘I am praising and thanking Him for blessings which, if others asked me to give them to them in return for all that they have, I would never give them up.’ ‘What can they be?’ asked the second man. ‘Can’t you see?’ asked the first man. ‘I have my eyesight, my tongue, my hands, my feet...’”

Layth ibn Abî Burdah said:

‘When Allâh gathers people on the Day of Judgement, He will remind them of His blessings. One of His slaves will say: “Remind me of something,” and Allâh will say: “Remember when you faced such-and-such adversity, and you prayed to Me, so I relieved you of it. Remember when you were travelling in such and-such a place, and you asked Me to give you a travelling companion, and I did so... Remember when you asked for the hand of so-and-so the daughter of so-and-so, and others also asked for her hand, so I gave her to you to marry; and kept the others away.” His slave will be standing before his Lord, Who will remind him of His many blessings.’” Then the narrator of this story (Layth) wept and said, "I hope that no one will stand before his Lord in this way, because the one who does so will be punished." (i.e. if Allâh has to point out that which should be obvious, this is a sign of a person’s ingratitude, and he will be punished.)

A man of knowledge said:

“The blessing of Allâh to us in keeping the luxuries of this world away from us is greater than the blessing of that which he has given us, because Allah did not like His Prophet to have the luxuries of this world. So I prefer to live in the manner which Allâh preferred for His Prophet than to live a life which He disliked for him.”

Ibn Abi’d-Dunyâ said:

“It was narrated to me that some scholars said: ‘The scholar should praise Allâh for having deprived him of the luxuries of this life, in the same way that he should praise Him for what He has bestowed upon him. How can you compare the blessings and luxuries for which he will be accountable to the deprivation of luxuries which is a relief from being tested, and which keeps his mind free to worship and remember Allâh? So he should give thanks to Allâh for all of that.’”

A man said to Abû Hâzim:

“What is the gratitude of the eyes?” He said, “If you see good things, you speak about them, and if you see bad things, you keep quiet about it.” He asked, “What is the gratitude of the ears?” He said, “If you hear something good, you accept it, and if you hear something bad, you reject it.” Then he asked, “What is the gratitude of the hands?” He said, “Do not take what which does not belong to you, and do not hold back from paying the dues of Allâh (zakât).” Then he asked, “What is the gratitude of the head?” He said: “To have knowledge in it.” Then he asked, “What is the gratitude of one’s private parts?”

He quoted:

“‘Who guard their private parts, except from those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess – for (in their case) they are free from blame, but those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors’” (al-Mu’minûn 23:5-7).

Ibn Abi’d-Dunyâ mentioned that Dâwûd (peace be upon Him) asked Allâh: “What is the least of Your blessings?” Allâh revealed to him: “O Dâwûd, take a breath.” Dâwûd did so, and Allâh told him: “This is the least of My blessings on you.”

Taken from “Uddat as-Sâbireen wa Dhâkirat ash-Shâkireen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
11-13-2005, 01:30 AM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

masha Allah beautiful article which we should all try and act upon on insha Allah, if we can thank poeple when they do good why can't we thank Allah s.w.a who has blessed us with so much, just imagine if someone gave you a gift and you walked away without saying thankyou or jazahka Allah khair how weird and rude you will feel, the same applie's with showing gratitude to Allah s.w.a

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakthu

mujahedeen2087
11-13-2005, 05:16 AM
alhamdulilah

Halima
11-13-2005, 05:16 PM
:sl:

Mashallah what a wonderful thread.

I feel that everyone should take the time to read this, no matter how busy you are in your lives.

InshAllah

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khayal
11-16-2005, 11:11 PM

MashaAllah, an excellent sharing...:rose:
Jazak ALLAH khair. :rose:

Beblessed
11-19-2005, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

I feel that everyone should take the time to read this, no matter how busy you are in your lives.

InshAllah

yea ur right its really great post
everbody should be thankedful whatever Allah has given you even if it is little thing

Pk_#2
12-29-2005, 07:56 PM
salamz,

jazakz bruv

w/salaamz :)

cleo
02-02-2006, 04:56 PM
These posts are such a blessing. I read these particullar posts, and it brought tears in my eyes, from their beauty that comes from the heart. Salaam alaykum.

gr8man
03-08-2006, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M H Kahn
Your Lord has decreed: “The more you thank Me, the more I give you. But if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed." (14:7)

Asalmaulaikum
gud quoted ayah

ridaa_islam
03-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Your Lord has decreed: “The more you thank Me, the more I give you. But if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed." (14:7)
mashallah, there r some verses wich truly make ur hair stand on end...
may Allah guide us all to be His grateful servants...ameen

MetSudaisTwice
03-16-2006, 12:05 PM
salam
ameen
may allah guide and protect us
jazakallah for sharing
wasalam

Maimunah
03-16-2006, 12:41 PM
ameen:)

madeenahsh
03-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
(From Uddat as-Saabireen wa Dhaakirat ash-Shaakireen)

The Sahabah and Taab'ieen o*n Gratitude

Salman al-Farsi (r) said: "There was a man who was given many of the luxuries of this world, and then they were taken away from him. But he continued to praise and thank Allah until everything had been taken from him, even his bed. And then he still praised and thanked Allah. Another man , who had also been given many of the luxuries of this world asked him, "What are you praising and thanking Allah for?" The man said, "I am praising and thanking Allah for blessings which, if others asked me to give them to them in return for all that they have, I would never give them up." "What can they be?" asked the second man. "Can't you see?" asked the first man. "I have my eyesight, my tongue, my hands, my feet."

Mukhallad ibn al-Husayn said: "The definition of gratitude is abstaining from wrong action." Abu Hazim said: "Every blessing that does not bring you closer to Allah is a disaster." Sulayman said "Remembering His Blessings makes o*ne love Allah."

Hammad ibn Ziyad narrated that Layth ibn Abi Burdah said: "I went to Maidah, where I met Abdullah ibn Salam, who said to me: "Would you like to visit a place visited by the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and we will offer you sawiq and dates?" Then he said, "when Allah gathers people o*n the Day of Judgment, He will remind them of His Blessings. O*ne of His slaves will say: "Remind me of something," and Allah will say: "Remember when you faced such and such adversity, and you prayed to Me, so I relieved you of it. Remember when you were traveling in such and such a place, and you asked Me to give you a travelling companion, and I did so. Remember when you asked for the hand of so and so the daughter of so and so, and others also asked for her hand, so I gave her to you to marry, and kept the others away." His slave will be standing before his Lord, Who will remind him of His many blessings." Then the narrator of this story (Layth) wept and said, I hope that no o*ne will stand before his Lord in this way, because the o*ne who does so will be punished." (i.e. if Allah has to point out that which should be obvious, this is a sign of a person's ingratitude, and he will be punished).

Bakr ibn Abdullah al-Muzani said: "When a man faces affliction, he may pray to Allah and Allah may deliver him from adversity. Then Shaytan comes to the man and whispers, "It was not as bad as you thought." Thus the man's gratitude will be weakened."

Zazan said: "The right of Allah over the man who is enjoying His blessings is that such a man should not use His blessings in order to commit wrong actions." A man of knowledge said: "The blessing of Allah to us is in keeping the luxuries which he has given us, because Allah did not like His Prophet to have the luxuries of this world. So I prefer to live in a manner which Allah preferred for His Prophet than to live a life which He disliked for him."

Ibn Abi'd-Dunya said: "It was narrated to me that some scholars said: "The scholar should praise Allah for having deprived him of the luxuries of this life, in the same way that he should praise Him for what He has bestowed upon him. How can you compare the blessings and luxuries for which he will be accountable to the deprivation of luxuries which is a relief from being tested and which keeps his mind free to worship and remember Allah? So he should give thanks to Allah for all of that."

It has been said: "Gratitude is giving up wrong action." Ibn al Mubarak said: "Sufyan said: "He does not understand religion properly who does not count affliction as a blessing and ease as a disaster.""

madeenahsh
03-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Gratitude of different faculties

A man said to Abu Hazim: "What is the gratitude of the eyes?" He said "If you see good things, you speak about them, and if you see bad things, you keep quiet about it." He asked "What is the gratitude of the ears?" He said, "If you hear something good, you accept it, and if you hear something bad, you reject it." Then he asked "What is the gratitude of the hands?" He said, "Do not take that which does not belong to you and do not hold back from paying the dues of Allah (zakat)." Then he asked, "What is the gratitude of the head?" He said "To have knowledge in it." Then he asked "What is the gratitude of o­ne's private parts?" He quoted: "Who guard their private parts, except from those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess - for (in their case) they are free from blame, but those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors." (23:5-7)

As for those who o­nly pay lip service to gratitude, and do not give thanks with the rest of their faculties, are concerned, they are like a man who has a garment, and all he does with it is touch it, but he does not put it o­n: it will never protect him from heat, cold, snow or rain.

Prostration of Gratitude

When the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) used to receive good news, he would prostrate himself (sujud) and give thanks to Allah. Abdur-Rahman ibn Awf (radee Allahu 'anhu) narrated: "The Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) entered upon us in the mosque, stood facing the qiblah, then prostrated himself and remained in sujud for a long time. I said to him, "O Messenger of Allah, you prostrated yourself for such a long time that we thought Allah had taken your soul." He said "Jibril came to me with good news. He told me: "Allah says, Whoever sends blessings o­n you, I will send sixty blessings o­n him in return and whoever salutes you, I will salute him in return", so I prostrated myself and gave thanks to Allah."

(Ahmad) Sa'id ibn Mansur narrated that Abu Bakr (radee Allahu 'anhu) prostrated himself when he heard the news that Musaylimah had been killed, and Ka'b ibn Malik (radee Allahu 'anhu) prostrated himself when the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) told him the good news that Allah had forgiven him.

All the good deeds of men cannot pay for o­ne blessing of Allah

A worshipper worshipped Allah for fifty years, so Allah told him that He had forgiven him. The man said, "O Allah, what is there to forgive when I have not committed a wrong action?" So Allah caused a nerve in his neck to give him pain, so he could not sleep or pray. When the pain eased and he was able to sleep, an angel came to him, so he complained to the angel of the pain he had suffered. The angel told him, "Your Lord says to you that your fifty years of worship is to pay for the soothing of your pain."

Ibn Abi'd-Dunya mentioned that Dawud ('alayhi sallam) asked Allah: "What is the least of Your blessings?" Allah revealed to him "O Dawud, take a breath." Dawud did so, and Allah told him "This is the least of My blessings o­n you."

From this we may understand the meaning of the hadith which was narrated by Ziyad ibn Thabit and Ibn 'Abbas (radee Allahu 'anhu): "If Allah was to punish the people of heaven and earth, He would have done that without being unjust towards them, and if He were to have mercy o­n them, His Mercy would be far better for them than their deeds." (Abu Dawood).

In a sahih hadith, the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "No o­ne will attain salvation by virtue of his deeds." The people asked, "Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?" He said, "not even me, unless Allah covers me with His Mercy and Blessings."

The deeds of a man cannot pay for even o­ne of the many blessings of Allah, because even the smallest of Allah's blessings and favors far outweighs the deeds of man. So we must always bear in mind the rights which Allah has over us.

Patience and Gratitude are the keys to success in this world and the next, as is evident from the words of Imaam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah.

"Our Lord! Pour out o­n us patience and constancy, and make us die as those who have surrendered themselves unto You." (7:126)
Ameen.

ummAbdillah
03-19-2006, 05:31 PM
jazak allah khair

ummAbdillah
03-19-2006, 05:31 PM
jazak allah khair
great post manshallah :)
ma salaam

madeenahsh
03-19-2006, 05:48 PM
walykum sallam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Waiyaakum dearest sis fe deen
Barakatullahi feekum

afriend
03-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Jazakallah sister....

Mankind seeks more than he needs!

We should all appreciate what we have, and have sabr thru tough times.

ummAbdillah
03-19-2006, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Jazakallah sister....

Mankind seeks more than he needs!

We should all appreciate what we have, and have sabr thru tough times.
true say brother
we have everything we need in the qur'an and sunnah
:)

Silver Pearl
03-19-2006, 07:21 PM
This book by Ibn Qayyim Al Jauziyyah is amazing subhanallah. It is a must buy for those of you who do not have it. It’s not thick, if anything it is small. It really makes you contemplate and see the beauty of sabr wa shukr (patience and gratitude).

Jizakallah khair ukht

:wasalamex

SalafiFemaleJih
03-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Asalamualaikum Warhamatullahi Wabarakatahu,

I remember reading in the same book by Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah.

Having Sabr(patience) and Shukr even in the time of distress is the sign of a true believer.

Do we think we ain't gonna get tested after we say we believe in our Rabb? SubhanAllah.

Some people have strong patience when it comes to doing what is good for em, but their patience is weak with regard to restraint from harmful actions.

So we may find that a person has enough patience to perfom duties towards Allah swt like salah, fasting, giving zakah, and Hajj but has no patience in controlling himself and refrainin from following his whims and desires...this way he that person might commit haraam deeds...things which islam doesn't allow.

Some people have stronng patience in abstaninin from forbidden deeds, but their patience in obeyin Allah swt and performing ibadah is too weak.

Some ppl have no patience in either case.

In other words, the best ppl among em are those who possess both types of patience.

In general, a brother can pray all night long standing in the prayer no matter how hot or cold it is in the room, but when he might have no patience when it comes to lowerin gaze and refrainin from looking at women.

Most of us will be lacking in patience in one case and for some ppl its in all cases.

Allah hu alaam.

May Allah swt guide us to the right path, and make us among As-sabireen and Ash-Shakireen. Ameen.

Wasalmaualaikum Warhamtullah.

Niqaabi1210

Maimunah
03-19-2006, 10:25 PM
mashaallah jazakaallah khayr sista
allah is with those who have sabr
may allah give us the ability to have sabr
salaam:)

Maryam22
04-12-2006, 10:10 AM
I thank Allah that he has given me Islam as my faith. I don't know were I would be if He, subhanhu wa ta'ala, didn't bestow this blessing. Noone could have bestowed it upon me if He hadn't.

M H Kahn
04-12-2006, 02:58 PM
All praises and thanks are for Allah for our birth, life, sustenance, good guidance and ultimate death. I don't understand why is this thread here? What to teach or learn?

Najiullah
04-19-2006, 04:05 AM
Good Quot

Najiullah
04-19-2006, 04:07 AM
Subhan Allah
Thanks for reminding

salafiah
04-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Jazakallah for that.

M H Kahn
05-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Thank Allah! "Surely Allah is All-Pardoning, All-Forgiving."[58:2]

zircon
05-19-2006, 04:28 PM
subhanallah.. alhamdulillah... la ilaha illallah.. Allahu Akbar!

Pk_#2
05-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Alhamdhulillah!!

Pk_#2
05-27-2006, 03:52 PM
O you who believe! Eat of the good things that We have provided for you, and be grateful to Allah, if it is Him you worship. (Al-Baqara, 172)

Your Lord caused to be declared (publicly): "If you are grateful, I will add more (favors) unto you; But if you show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed." (Abraham, 7)

"If you would count up the favors of Allah, never would you be able to number them: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Al- Nahl, 18)

But it has already been revealed to you,- as it was to those before you,- "If you were to join (gods with Allah), truly fruitless will be your work (in life), and you will surely be in the ranks of those who lose (all spiritual good)". Nay, but worship Allah, and be of those who give thanks. (Az-Zumar, 65-66)

The following statement of The Evil emphasizes the importance of giving thanks to Allah :

He said: "Because you have thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on your straight way: Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor will you find, in most of them, gratitude (for your mercies)." (Al- Araf, 17)

As stated in the verse above, Satan devoted his life to mislead people due to his envy. His ultimate aim is to make people be ungrateful to their Creator. When this ultimate purpose of Satan is considered, it becomes more comprehensible how a man goes astray when he does not render thanks to Allah.

Gratefulness is a part of the test by Allah. Man is surely endowed with favor from Him and is informed about how he should benefit from all this favor. In return, he is expected to assume a submissive attitude towards his Creator. However, it is again only man himself who chooses to be grateful or ungrateful to Allah!

Reem
05-27-2006, 04:07 PM
I always thank Allah

Pk_#2
05-27-2006, 04:08 PM
MashaAllah :)

umm-sulaim
07-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Yes, thanks akhaana! is it necessary for alhamd (thanking) to include mahabba (love)?
(while we're on the topic)

princess
07-30-2006, 03:45 PM
thank u sister, good point

syilla
08-02-2006, 03:27 AM
My grandmother is very old now...she is 90+ going to be 100...she is quite blind now..

she told me...you better read quran everyday...because when you are old and poor sighted...you can never read...even if you want to.

Allhamdullillah...i can still see and read quran.

zircon
08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
salam,
alhamdolillah for my ability to read.. and for directing me to this incredible thread, also.. being surrounded by great bro and sis in islam. mashaAllah!!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Alhamdullilah

we reached another ramadan and if Allah wanted he could hav taken this opportunity away from us.

How many of us hav thanked Allah jus for lettin us reach this ramadan?

Alhamdullilah

arinum
02-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I live far from home, but I do not feel too homesick, because when I hear a child it sounds just like my sister playing in the garden. And after Subuh prayers, I hear someone moving outside, and it sounds just like my father gone out to perform his prayers. After a good meal, the noise outside is just like my parents watching television. When I wake up the sun shines through my window, this morning it snowed so beautiful, so beautiful I wanted to cry. Many times it rains, I see a rainbow so beautiful outside my room window, outside the train window that day, and as I walked in the park, and so many more times. God has been so kind to me.. ... writing this makes me at a loss for words.thank You. <thinking>

ilm.seeker
02-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Thankfulness / Gratitude / Skukur
Being Thankful to Allaah - Sumayyah bint Joan

Have You Thanked Allah? - by Im&#226;m Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
Taken from “Uddat as-S&#226;bireen wa Dh&#226;kirat ash-Sh&#226;kireen” by Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
This article contains advice from the Salaf on remembering and being grateful for the blesseings that Allah is constantly showering us wit.

Sajdat al-Shukr - Prostration of Thankfulness - islamqa.com

Thankfulness Towards Allah - by Yahya Adel Ibrahim

Gratitude in the Qur’&#226;n - by Im&#226;m Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

The Obligation of Gratitude - The Book of Praise and Gratitude to Allah - Riyad as-Saliheen

Samira_01
02-21-2007, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
My grandmother is very old now...she is 90+ going to be 100...she is quite blind now..

she told me...you better read quran everyday...because when you are old and poor sighted...you can never read...even if you want to.

Allhamdullillah...i can still see and read quran.
Alhamdulilah !:cry:

Islam_sister
02-28-2007, 01:50 AM
Alhumdulilah Alhumdulilah Alhumdulilah.. Oh Allah Thank You So Much Allah For Everything What You Have Given Me And My Muslims Brothers And Sisters.ameen!

Oh Allah You Are Our Foundation, Our Strength, Alhumdulilah Thanks For Everything Allah.ameen

jameelash
06-30-2007, 03:42 PM
salam

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Have You Thanked Allah?
by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Salmân al-Fârsî radhiyAllahu anhu said:

“There was a man who was given many of the luxuries of this world, and then they were taken away from him. But he continued to praise and thank Allâh until everything had been taken from him, even his bed. And then he still praised and thanked Allâh. Another man, who had also been given many of the luxuries of this world asked him, ‘What are you praising and thanking Allâh for?’ The man said, ‘I am praising and thanking Him for blessings which, if others asked me to give them to them in return for all that they have, I would never give them up.’ ‘What can they be?’ asked the second man. ‘Can’t you see?’ asked the first man. ‘I have my eyesight, my tongue, my hands, my feet...’”

Layth ibn Abî Burdah said:
‘When Allâh gathers people on the Day of Judgment, He will remind them of His blessings. One of His slaves will say: “Remind me of something,” and Allâh will say: “Remember when you faced such-and-such adversity, and you prayed to Me, so I relieved you of it. Remember when you were traveling in such and-such a place, and you asked Me to give you a traveling companion, and I did so... Remember when you asked for the hand of so-and-so the daughter of so-and-so, and others also asked for her hand, so I gave her to you to marry; and kept the others away.” His slave will be standing before his Lord, Who will remind him of His many blessings.’” Then the narrator of this story (Layth) wept and said, "I hope that no one will stand before his Lord in this way, because the one who does so will be punished." (i.e. if Allâh has to point out that which should be obvious, this is a sign of a person’s ingratitude, and he will be punished.)

A man of knowledge said:
“The blessing of Allâh to us in keeping the luxuries of this world away from us is greater than the blessing of that which he has given us, because Allah did not like His Prophet to have the luxuries of this world. So I prefer to live in the manner which Allâh preferred for His Prophet than to live a life which He disliked for him.”

Ibn Abi’d-Dunyâ said:
“It was narrated to me that some scholars said: ‘The scholar should praise Allâh for having deprived him of the luxuries of this life, in the same way that he should praise Him for what He has bestowed upon him. How can you compare the blessings and luxuries for which he will be accountable to the deprivation of luxuries which is a relief from being tested, and which keeps his mind free to worship and remember Allâh? So he should give thanks to Allâh for all of that.’”

A man said to Abû Hâzim:
“What is the gratitude of the eyes?” He said, “If you see good things, you speak about them, and if you see bad things, you keep quiet about it.” He asked, “What is the gratitude of the ears?” He said, “If you hear something good, you accept it, and if you hear something bad, you reject it.” Then he asked, “What is the gratitude of the hands?” He said, “Do not take what which does not belong to you, and do not hold back from paying the dues of Allâh (zakât).” Then he asked, “What is the gratitude of the head?” He said: “To have knowledge in it.” Then he asked, “What is the gratitude of one’s private parts?”

He quoted:
“‘Who guard their private parts, except from those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess – for (in their case) they are free from blame, but those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors’”
(al-Mu’minûn 23:5-7).

Ibn Abi’d-Dunyâ mentioned that Dâwûd (peace be upon Him) asked Allâh: “What is the least of Your blessings?” Allâh revealed to him: “O Dâwûd, take a breath.” Dâwûd did so, and Allâh told him: “This is the least of My blessings on you.”

Taken from “Uddat as-Sâbireen wa Dhâkirat ash-Shâkireen”

'A'ishah reported that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said,
"The person who reads the Qur'an fluently is with the honorable and obedient scribes (i.e., the angels), and he who reads it with difficulty, (even) he shall get (at least) a double reward." (Abu Dawood).

Ibn 'Amr reported that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said,
"It will be said to the companion of the Qur'an after he has entered Paradise, 'Recite, and rise!' For every verse he recites, he will rise one level (in Paradise), until he recites the last verse with him (i.e., in his memory)."
(Abu Dawood).

Ibn Mas'ood reported that the Prophet said, "Recite the Qur'an, for verily you will be rewarded for it. I am not saying that Alif-Lam-Meem will count as a word, but rather that Alif has ten (rewards), Lam has ten (rewards), and Meem has ten (rewards), so this is thirty (rewards)."
(Khateeb al-Baghdadee) .

ilm.seeker
01-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Sajdat al-Shukr - Prostration of Thankfulness - islamqa.com

Sajdat al-Shukr (Prostration of thankfulness)

Question:
What are the details of Sajdat al-Shukr, the prostration of thankfulness to Allaah for something that has happened?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.
Sajdat al-Shukr is prescribed for anything that makes one happy, whether it is attaining some benefit or warding off some harm.
The evidence (daleel) for this is to be found in the Ahaadeeth and Aathaar (reports). Among the Ahaadeeth is the Hadeeth of Abu Bakrah (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard any news that made him glad, he would fall down prostrating to Allaah, may He be exalted. (Reported by the five except al-Nisaa’i; al-Tirmidhi said, it is hasan ghareeb). According to the version narrated by Ahmad: he saw the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), when news reached him that his troops had prevailed over their enemy, he was lying with his head in ‘Aa’ishah’s lap, then he got up and fell in prostration. (Reported by Ahmad, 5/45; al-Haakim, 4/291).
Another hadeeth is that narrated by ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf, who said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out to the place where the sadaqah (charitable donations) was kept, then he faced the Qiblah and fell in prostration, remaining like that for a long time. Then he raised his head and said, “Jibreel came to me with good news, he said, ‘Allaah says to you, “Whoever sends blessings on you, I will send blessings on him, and whoever sends greetings of peace to you, I will send greetings of peace to him,”’ so I prostrated in thankfulness to Allaah.” (Narrated by Ahmad. Al-Mundhiri said: the hadeeth of Sajdat al-Shukr came from the hadeeth of al-Baraa’ with a saheeh isnaad, and from the hadeeth of Ka’b ibn Maalik and others.)
The reports include the following:
  1. Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) prostrated when he heard the news that Musaylimah had been killed. (Reported by Sa’eed ibn Mansoor in his Sunan).
  2. ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib prostrated when he found Dhu’l-Thadiyah among the Khawaarij. (Reported by Ahmad in al-Musnad)
  3. Ka’b ibn Maalik prostrated at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was given the glad tidings that Allaah had accepted his repentance. (The story is agreed upon)
And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah Li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa’, 7/266
source: islamqa.com

adeeb
01-05-2008, 10:00 AM
thank Allah as many as possible...

say :

Alhamdulillah (praise to be Allah)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.