/* */

PDA

View Full Version : few questions needing answered asap please, sisters only plzzz!!!

anonymous
09-04-2009, 11:03 PM
salamulaikum! Reali nid a few qz answered as soon as,,
1. how many taraweeh should we pray? i believe some people think they can read 8 or 12 but what is the evidence fr this? and was it a practice of tha Prophet peace be upon him to pray that many? please give evidence inshallah
2. re:istinjah - would wiping oneself after passing urine with toilet paper then pouring water an then cleaning oneself with tissue again be sufficient or is it obligatory to use the left hand? and if this method has been used in the past, does that mean the fardh of the wudhu have not been completed and therefore there has been no state of purification for salah?
3. re: mesntrual cycle - i read somewhere that after a certain period you have to start fasting. During the course of my monthly periods i got very ill and therefore my periods didnt actally start properly, or happen like they normally do, instead i got light discharge and after the 10th day i started praying as i was only getting very light discharge and it seemed like i nearly finished but not quiet. 2 weeks on and i have started getting bloody discharge so im confused what to do and if i should pray or not. because i didnt actually properly start but i missed out my prayers because i thought i did. what should i do? i cant even eep my wudhu because i keep getting discharge so im thinking they have started now. im so confused. i ahvent prayed because i feel really impure and im thinking of leaving my salah and wait for a few days hopinh i am clean again.. pelase give me advise inshallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
09-06-2009, 04:46 PM
sisterzz??? plzzz help nided asap!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

S_87
09-06-2009, 05:24 PM
1- difference of opinion-http://islamqa.com/en/ref/9036/how%20many%20taraweeh theres also opinion of 20 rakahs.

2- by cleaning self with toilet paper- it is another method of washing oneself and is sufficient and known as 'istijmar' as opposed to 'istinja' which is washing oneself with water. i know youre not asking about just using with paper (or stones as was used before) but if its just paper/the istijmar method then it should be done 3 times atleast. and Allah knows best.

3- do you mean your bloody discharge has continued throughout on and off during the month separate from a period? if so then you can pray and fast but for each prayer your wudhu must be renewed.

"..MariAm.."
09-06-2009, 05:34 PM
ASALAMOALAIKUM sis :)
here this might help u with ur first question :
Bismillah
Al-jawab billahi at-taufeeq (the answer with Allah's guidance)

2o rakaat of taraweeh is the sunnah. less than 2o rakat are called nafl and it wont be called taraweeh.
If you cannot pray 20 lengthy Rakats, pray 20 brief Rakats. The important thing is: pray them. Do it out of love for Allah Ta'ala, and out of thanks for the gift of guidance and Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), which is the clear path to success in this life and the next.

Please refer to this link on 8 Rakat: http://qa.muftisays.com/index.php?vi...&question=2414

Also, refer to this link on 20 Rakat: http://www.muftisays.com/qa.php?view...&question=2622

The 20 Rakat of Tarawih is the Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and the consensus of the Sahabah (Companions) (Ijma-as-Sahaba). (al-Mughni vol.1, pg 803)

The four great Mujtahids, Abu Hanifah, Malik ibn Anas, Muhammad bin Idris Shafi'i al-Hashimi, and Ahmad ibn Hambal (Radhi Allahu Anhum) are in agreement that the Taraweeh consists of twenty Rak'ahs.

It was stated in Fayd ul-Bari Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari (by Shaykh Anwar Shah Kashmiri):
"Al-Imam Abu Yusuf (RA) asked Al-Imam Abu Hanifah (RA), 'Did Hadrat Umar (Radhi Allahu Anhu) have any compact from the Holy Nabi (Sall Allahu alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallim) for 20 rak'ahs of Taraweeh?' The Imam replied, 'Hadrat Umar was not one to invent on his own; certainly he had some proof with him for this!'" (also found in Maraqi ul-Falah, pg. 81, by Imam al-Shurunbulali and Bahr ur Ra'iq, vol.2, pg. 66, by Imam ibn Nujaim al-Misri).

Imam Qurtubi states: “20 Rakat Tarawih and 3 Rakat Witr is the most authentic narration.”

Imam Nawawi (RH) states: “Tarawih is a unanimously accepted Sunnah (practice) of the Muslims, it is 20 Rakat.

Allamah ibne Taymiyyah (RH) writes, “this action (i.e. 20 Rakat Tarawih) of Umar (RA) is Sunnah and we have been ordered by the messenger (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to hold fast to the Sunnah of the righteous Khulafa.
(Majmu' Fatawa Li Ibne Taymiyyah, Vol.22 Pg.234 and 276)

If one is absolutely unable to pray 20 Rakats, then one should do what one can, because, “That which one cannot do completely should not be left completely,” as the scholars explain. However, one should be remorseful, because one is leaving a confirmed Sunnah of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and his Sahabah (RA)

and regarding the the last 2 questionz of urz ..... these are the replies of hanafi mufties ... if ur the follower of imam shafi or anyother imam so please dont follow the answer givin below... just check the referred link and then search for ur answer their according to ur fiqah sect..

Question:
Is it recommended or required to use water for istinja? If required, how much water is required? Is wiping with damp toilet paper enough or does the water need to flow?
Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم والصلاة والسلام على سيدنا محمد و على آله و صحبه أجمعين

1. Using water is obligatory in istinja (removing filth from one�s private parts after using the toilet) if the filth has spread out from its point of exit by more than the size of a dirham (approximately a circle of 6cm radius as mentioned by some contemporary scholars).

This is so as to wash away the extra unexcused amount of filth.

2. If the filth is less than 6 cm in diameter beyond the point of exiting then istinja itself remains a confirmed sunna (sunna mu�akkada), and not obligatory.

This sunna can be fulfilled either by washing with water, which is superior, or wiping with a dry, value-less substance such as toilet paper in our times.

3. If one removes the trace of the filth by wiping with toilet paper, one has fulfilled the sunna of istinja and using water after it is merely superior, and not necessary. Infact, one should use dry paper rather than wet, so as not to spread the filth. The scholars mention that the superior course of action is to use both a dry substance such as toilet paper followed by washing with water.

4. The amount of water that is required is the amount by which one can remove the substance (�ain) and the traces (athar). [al-Shurunbulali, Maraqi al-Falah]

It is really quite a simple procedure and does not require large amounts of water.

5. Places where people relieve themselves are gathering sites for devils, as the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) told us. People spending unnecessary time on the toilet, scrubbing themselves senselessly, are merely prolonging their sitting in the company of devils.

And Allah knows best.

Sohail Hanif

and as for the last question....it is not applicable for me to answer here in this thread... i will send u a private message..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
"..MariAm.."
09-06-2009, 05:37 PM
the second question in my post is of another person towards a mufti ... i posted it as it matched ur question and it containz ur answer..

cat eyes
09-06-2009, 09:09 PM
salaamualaykum sister

your query about your vaginal discharge i can answer inshallaah

A vaginal bloody discharge could be a sign of a virus that causes cervical dysplasia, in which a colposcopy may be used for diagnosis.

if the amount of vaginal secretion increases before 37weeks, especially if it is pink or brownish, call the doctor right away! such kind of secretion can be also a sign of chronic infection thats what i believe it might be.

don't want to worry you but it can be also a sign of cancer of the cervix, uterus ovary and other organs.

a complete medical evaluation is of vital importance.

However if its a blood stain discharge this can indicate the presence of hpv infections in which a natural remedy can be helpful treatment, also useful in vulvar infections. any change in the colour of the secretion may be a sign of infection, soreness, itching, and burning during urination are also possibe. most of them are common and most women will experience such form of these infections.

the most common infections are

bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis or monila or yeast infection.

keep your genital area clean and dry and avoid perfumed soaps shower gels etc

anonymous
09-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Jazkallah khairun sistaz, so jus to confirm that itz okay 2 use tissue paper and thn wash yourslf wid water and wipe the excess water off after? because i red in a hadith that you have to use ur left hand so i thought you have to physcially use your hand to clean yourself?

re: menstrual cycle... well i got reli ill durin the time i waz on my periods and as i am on hormone replacement (+ i was taking loads of painkillers) it obviously affectd it nd i dint propaply come on, it was just dark bloody discharge and it was very light, after the 10th day i performed ghusl and started praying. I did get very faint brown disgharge and it seemed like i was finishing. but on the 12th day i started getting proper bloody discharge so i am assuming tht due to all the medication i was on thts why it was like that.. i stopped praying after 5 days because i think my actual periods are now and its sort of heavy. im reli confused. so what should i do?

jzk again!!

Proud of Islam
09-07-2009, 06:06 PM
This is why I wonder about the rules of the girls section.. Sisters might not have that much of posts which allows them to enter there, but still they have their private issues!
I'll tell you about your third question although it’s really hard for me to talk about it here, but sure we should help you since it is very important to know these in order to not miss prayers..

Let me tell you the basics that you can apply for any case and I hope that you’ll understand my poor English!

Each woman has a usual number of period days.. If it comes less than usual, no problem she has to perform Ghusl and start praying.. But if it comes more than usual, she has to give herself a maximum of extra 3 days.. If it stops during the first or second or third of these extra days, she has to make Ghusl and pray, so she doesn’t wait for all the three days.. If it stops during these three days, she has to pray..
However, if it continues and doesn’t stop during these 3 days, she has to make Ghusl after the third day and start praying, because the maximum extra days is 3.. even if it doesn’t stop, no problem it’s not “Haid”, it’s called “Istihada” since it is because of a health problem.. She has to pray even if the discharge doesn’t stop (but she has to see if there is any treatment for this health problem)..
However, the maximum days of any period is 15.. so if a girl is used to have 13 days, and it lasts more, she can have just extra 2 days (instead of three) and then make Ghusl and pray, because if she gave mistakenly herself 3 extra days, the total will be 16 days which exceeds the maximum limit of 15 days..

You have to know also that the lowest number of clean days between the two periods is 15 days.. So, if a women finished her period, then it comes again after less than 15 days, she has to not pray and consider this as a completeness of the previous period and she has to apply the same as the above rule.. I mean she has to give herself a maximum of extra three days (if in total it does not exceed 15) and if she is cleaned she has to pray even if she didn’t complete the three days.. but if it lasts more than three days, she has to make Ghusl and pray, because it is “Istihada”..
But maybe in some cases, it is inconsecutive.. I mean if a women had her usual period, then after less than 15 clean days, it comes again for one day, then for example 3 days clean, then it comes for one or two days.. In this case she has to give herself a maximum of extra 3 days (if not exceed 15 in total) right? So she stop praying in the first day when it comes again.. then she makes Ghusl because nothing there.. then when it comes again she stops praying and considers it as the second extra day.. till she gave herself a maximum of three extra days (even if they are inconsecutive).. then if it comes again, she has to continue praying because she finished the maximum.. till the usual time of the usual next period comes (which is at least 15 days far from the cleanness of the previous period) so she stops praying in this usual period..
And as I said: the lowest number of clean days between the two periods is 15 days.. So if a women had her period, then after 15 days (or more) it came again, she stops praying considering that this is the next period..

Let me tell you the last important rule.. If a women has usually 5 days period, and in this month it lasts 2 days more.. she doesn’t pray in these two days, and then she prays, right? So the total in this month became 7 days..
In the next month, she has to consider her usually days as 7 not the old 5.. So if the period lasts more than the usual.. she can give herself a maximum of extra 3 days above the usual 7 days.. For example, if it lasts just one day extra after the usual 7, she makes Ghusl and pray.. so the total in this month is 8..
Next month she has to consider her usually number of days as 8.. and so on.. Every month she give herself a maximum of 3 extra days (if it happens) , but if she reaches 15 days in total she can’t wait more days, she has to pray..

Note that:
In the previous case which is written in green, she can have also 8 days maximum, right? (5 usual days + 3 extra days).. but she has not to stop praying more than 8 days because as I said the maximum extra is 3 days if it doesn’t exceed 15 in total..

But in the case which is written in purple, after the new case of her previous month she can have 10 days maximum (7 usual days + 3 extra days)..

So as you see, the usual days normally doesn’t change, but if you have extra days in a month, you increases the usual days in the next month.. and so on if it continues to last more.. but when it reaches 15, that’s it, she can’t have more..

In all cases, whenever the period finishes, we have to make Ghusl and pray even if it lasted less than the usual days..
Or even if we started to count extra days after the usual days and it lasts for just extra one or two days, we have not to wait the third, we have to make Ghusl and pray (because three days is just a maximum limit)..

Note also that when I say you have to make Ghusl and “pray”, I mean you do also all the other things which was forbidden during the period such as fasting..

Hope you got what I said.. If you didn’t understand any point, you’re welcome to ask..

May Allah give you a good health insha Allah..

----------------------------------------------------------------

Longing for the Paradise (Al-Jannah) where the endless happiness…

"..MariAm.."
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Each woman has a usual number of period days.. If it comes less than usual, no problem she has to perform Ghusl and start praying.. But if it comes more than usual, she has to give herself a maximum of extra 3 days.. If it stops during the first or second or third of these extra days, she has to make Ghusl and pray, so she doesn’t wait for all the three days.. If it stops during these three days, she has to pray..
However, if it continues and doesn’t stop during these 3 days, she has to make Ghusl after the third day and start praying, because the maximum extra days is 3.. even if it doesn’t stop, no problem it’s not “Haid”, it’s called “Istihada” since it is because of a health problem.. She has to pray even if the discharge doesn’t stop (but she has to see if there is any treatment for this health problem)..
However, the maximum days of any period is 15.. so if a girl is used to have 13 days, and it lasts more, she can have just extra 2 days (instead of three) and then make Ghusl and pray, because if she gave mistakenly herself 3 extra days, the total will be 16 days which exceeds the maximum limit of 15 days..
i cant get u here..... first of all please try to clear that from which fiqh ur explaining this?? hanafi? shafi? hamabali? etc...
because here u said that the maximum days of periods for a girl is 15 dayz...which is wrong!! because the max dayz of periods are 10 not more than that...
the max dayz of purity between two periodz are 15 periodz..
and the minimum dayz of a period are 3 dayz ..
if u get discharge of blood less than 3 dayz than thatz called ISTEHAZA and if u get blood discharge more than 3 dayz thatz HAIDH periodz...
and if u get blood discharge more than 10 dayz... so the exceeding dayz after 10 dayz are of istehaza not called periodz than......the 10 dayz were of periodz and these exceeding dayz were of istehaza

Proud of Islam
09-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Assalamu Alikom Mariam..

All what I wrote is from Al Fiqh Al Maliki (who is as you know, one of the 4 Sunni scholars).. I’ve studied these details (from teachers) and you can find them in Fiqh books..
About the maximum days of a period (Haid), it is 15 days in Shafie, Hambali and Maliki Fiqh.. And it is 10 days in Hanafi Fiqh.. So sister both of us are right insha’Allah since scholars said both.. And about the minimum days of a period: Shafie and Hambali say: one day.. Maliki says: it doesn't have a minimum limit.. and Hanafi says: 3 days.. So again both of us are right insha’Allah..

There are some small differences among the four Mathaheb of Sunna, so we can go with anyone of them as long as we know very well what we are following..

----------------------------------------------------------------

Longing for the Paradise (Al-Jannah) where the endless happiness…

"..MariAm.."
09-11-2009, 04:39 PM
okay thankz for telling that....that itz the fiqh of maliki...
well as to the rest of ur msg... i dont agree... and i dont want to argue aswell as this is out of topic .... i wud just clear my view here that we shud follow only one imaam .... in order to follow one fiqh view..otherwise lotz of problem are created...
jazakallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.