/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Children with cancer..

جوري
09-05-2009, 12:05 AM
I thought I'd post pix and stories of some kids with cancer from the hopeonwheels.org site.. They are inspirational.. we have alot to be grateful for (al7mdlilliah) as well.. If you live in Non-Islamic countries and aggrieved by how your tax money is spent.. I suggest you choose children's charities, and have them as a tax write off.. it is feels good on several levels..

:w:

MacKenzie - age 10

My name is MacKenzie Stuck and I am 10 years old. My three sisters – Katie who is 17, Lauren who is 15 and Nikki who is 6 – are my best friends and have been there for me for the past two years during my battle with cancer. My parents, Steve and Sue, have also been there for me and I love them very much.
Before my surgery, I had just made the gymnastics team and liked spending time with my friends. On December 2, 2005, I was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma, a malignant brain tumor. After my surgery at John Hopkins Children’s Center, I was not able to walk, talk, feed myself or even roll over. This was from Posterior Fossa Syndrome which can sometimes happen to kids when they have brain surgery. I finished my chemotherapy in March of 2007 and have had clear MRIs ever since.
I have learned a lot from my doctors (especially Dr.’s Carson and Cohen), my nurses and other kids with cancer. I have learned to be strong, listen to the doctors, my parents and my body. I know I am strong enough to get through anything that cancer does to me. I still have problems with my walking and talking, but I don’t let that slow me down. I want other kids to know that they should stick to it and try to be strong too. If I could tell other kids with cancer like me anything it would be, "always think positive and never give up!”

Back To Their Stories

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
09-05-2009, 11:39 AM
May Allah bless these amazing children and their families in both lives and make the people who care for them a way to Jannah, Ameen

جوري
09-05-2009, 05:40 PM
ameen..

they are humbled by the most terrifying of all threats at such a tender age.. sick children are incredibly special.. I have such love for them even though they aren't mine...

May Allah swt ease all our suffering..

ameen

:w:

MMohammed
09-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Man :(
So Sad.Little Children with big diseases.May Allah heal them
AAMEEEEEEN

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
09-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Do you work directly with cancer sufferers, Skye?

Tony
09-06-2009, 12:04 AM
I have worked with some children that have the most horrendous conditions over time, but one little boy I knew at a special needs school was about 2 1/2 stone at 11 yrs old, his skin would tear off even with minimalcontact, he used a moulded chiar and I was told he was in constant pain, yet I only ever saw him smile and laugh. There are so many others that have such wide ranging physical and cognitive conditions, some make it to adult hood, many do not, some get abused, some get shoved from pillow to post within care systems, some have familly, some have none. But what connects them all without any exception is their lust for life, in small and major ways all the people I have had the good fortune to share experiences with have enriched my life and humbled me beyond any other singular thing. Quality of life is not something that can or should be measured by any model. I do not understand why these conditions must exist but I trust in Allahs plan.

Danah
09-06-2009, 01:05 AM
SubhanAllah! little kids with huge hopes!! they must be teaching adults some lessons in being optimistic and grateful in this life!

have anyone read about the 17 yrs old boy who passed 4 subjects in GCSE exams and got a place in Cambridge University while he is in hospital and diagnosed with Cancer?
I saw that on the newspaper few days ago...amazing story indeed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.