View Full Version : Inferiority Complex

AnonymousPoster
09-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Salam. Simple question

As per title, How do you deal with it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-05-2009, 05:40 AM
reflect on what it is that you feel makes you inferior and work to change it.. You can wake up and decide, today, I am going to change such and such about me, and then keep at it with small steady steps and you are done..
as an ex.
say you feel inferior because all your friends get better grades than you do, and you can't figure out what you are doing wrong to be equally successful .. you, then go about asking them sincerely about their study habits, how much time they dedicate to reviewing, and assess whether this method will work for you, or you'll need something else, like 'books for dummies' or tutors or more hours, you make a schedule for yourself and you never sway from it no matter what.. for instance, if you set out to read twenty pages per day, but you can go up to 50 or 60.. then one day you are tired, you may then read only twenty but never swerve from the baseline you've set for yourself...

this is all hypothetical of course, I have just given studies as an example, but it should be your approach to whatever else that you feel is setting you back on the self-worth meter..

It isn't something you can get from a bottle or some pep talk.. it really takes your own drive and desire to get there.. Only you can take you to the place you want to be!

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Arain.Faizan
09-05-2009, 10:14 AM
umm..never dealth ...but should be easy to overcome
istly change the way you look at your *Habit* (in this particular case the subject matter) then chase it..dats awl...
recite 100 times La Illaha IlLALLAH ...prophet (S.A.W)(Meanings Only) said whoever recite 100 time La Illaha Ill ALLAH will be superior then all between skies and earths but not from one who recited more.

Sampharo
09-05-2009, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arain.Faizan
recite 100 times La Illaha IlLALLAH ...prophet (S.A.W)(Meanings Only) said whoever recite 100 time La Illaha Ill ALLAH will be superior then all between skies and earths but not from one who recited more.
Actually brother Arain Faizan, that is out of context. The hadith says that whomever says "La Ilaha Illa Allah, Wahdahu La Shreeka Lahu, Yohyee Wa Yomeet Wa Howa Ala Kollee Shaye'en Qadeer" (No god but Allah, alone with no partners, grantor of life and death, and he is the all-capable) 100 times in a day or night, will gain a REWARD that no one in Heaven or Earth could match except by saying the same or more.

It has no effect on superiority, nor does it have to do with feeling superior.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
09-05-2009, 11:13 PM
assalamu alaykum,

akhi, can you give a reference for this hadith please? I'd like to pass it on with the source included, inshaAllah.

whomever says "La Ilaha Illa Allah, Wahdahu La Shreeka Lahu, Yohyee Wa Yomeet Wa Howa Ala Kollee Shaye'en Qadeer" (No god but Allah, alone with no partners, grantor of life and death, and he is the all-capable) 100 times in a day or night, will gain a REWARD that no one in Heaven or Earth could match except by saying the same or more.

cat eyes
09-05-2009, 11:38 PM
i think that alot of people believe that coming to a forum and asking others about there mental problems is not the place to come. i think talking to qualified people in this field is better for you. i also suffered with my own problems. but i got through it by talking with educated and qualified people that work at helping people like this in there everyday life as a profession. the second post that the sister gave was very good and made more sense. but i believe to get through this you need to seek help face to face with a professional from now on like your doctor for example.. and leave the rest to Allah.

cat eyes
09-06-2009, 12:11 AM
1)Don't depend on external factors to feel worthy because as long as yourself worth is tied to external factors you will feel worthless of you lost any of these factors. such factors mabe a loving partner, being famous or having lots of money.

2)know that you were born clean and that you were just programmed to feel inferior. nobody is born inferior. people just learn how to become inferior

3)know that each human has strenghts and weaknesses, and unless you are aware of both you may become subject to programming by others.

4)know that its not your fault, meeting a bully, someone who is sadistic or someone suffering from personal disorder along your life who causes you inferiority dosent mean you are really inferior. it justs means that you met someone who was in real need of treatment yet not one helped him

5)Know that compensation won't solve anything, you will strive for money, power and fame and after you get them all you find yourself is still feeling inferior

6)Know that all racists feel inferior and they feel worthy by devaluing others instead of feeling good about themselves.

7)Know that self confidence is a skill that can be learned, all kids are born confident and then the majority learn how not to be self confident.

Sampharo
09-06-2009, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
assalamu alaykum,

akhi, can you give a reference for this hadith please? I'd like to pass it on with the source included, inshaAllah.
Of course Sister, there are two hadiths actually, and those have further variations. They are in Sahih Al-Bukhary and Mosnad Ahmed. It's best to copy the ones below Arabic and English so that if someone knows a bit of Arabic letters they would know the Ain and Qaf places.

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال ((من قال لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له له الملك وله الحمد وهو على كل شيء قدير في يوم مائة مرة كانت له عدل عشر رقاب وكتبت له مائة حسنة ومحيت عنه مائة سيئة وكانت له حرزا من الشيطان يومه ذلك حتى يمسي ولم يأت أحد بأفضل مما جاء به إلا أحد عمل أكثر من ذلك ) )* البخاري 6477

On the authority of Abu Huraira -RA- that the prophet -pbuh- said ((Whomever says "La Elaha Ella Allah Wahdahu La Shareeka Lahu, Lahu Al-Molk Wa Lahu Al-Hamd Wa Howa AAla Koll Shay'en Qadeer" was equivelent to freeing ten slaves, and was written for him a hundred good deeds, was stricken from him a hundred sins, and was a protection for him from the devil for that day till the night, and no one would have matched what he did except one who does more than that)) * Sahih Bukhary - 6477

And another in Mosnad Ahmed:

عن ثابت البناني وداود بن أبي هند عن عمرو بن شعيب عن أبيه عن جده قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم (( من قال لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له له الملك وله الحمد وهو على كل شيء قدير مائتي مرة في كل يوم لم يسبقه أحد كان قبله ولا يدركه أحد بعده إلا بأفضل من عمله ) )* مسند احمد - 6452

On the authority of Thabet Al-Banany and Dawood Bin Abi Hind from Amr Bin Shoeib from his father from his grandfather said, the prophet -pbuh- said ((Whomever says "La Elaha Ella Allah Wahdahu La Shareeka Lahu, Lahu Al-Molk Wa Lahu Al-Hamd Wa Howa AAla Koll Shay'en Qadeer" two hundred times a day, nobody before him or after him will ever catch up to him in Reward except that who does more.)) * Mosnad Ahmed - 6452

Fi Amanillah

Snowflake
09-06-2009, 06:08 PM
JazakAllahu khayr akhi.

May Allah continuosly multiply your good deed. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.